[REL|FINAL] Realistic Driving

Killatomate

I downloaded this how come cars don't burn out anymore? Some cars have a lot of power and really do burn out when you mash the gas and put the pedal to the metal. How to get that back?

I extremely appreciate your work Killatomate and everyone who was working on this car pack (sorry, don't know the nick tounge.gif).

I have no idea where to report bugs so I will try to list them here.

But I'm sorry to say that I am a little disappointed. In my game 95% of cars driving around are taxis, the 5% are normal (modded cars) cars. I don't know why, but literally there are only taxis in my game. And if the normal cars spawn, they are riding in convoys, like 8 exactly the same vehicles (with different colours of course).

And my game crashes with some error (GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Unrecoverable fault - Please restart the game 123924848) after 3 minutes of playing.

One last small thing, I don't like the NYPD skins on police cars. I know that LC is based on NYC, but still the game takes place in LC. But that is a minor grip.

Anyhow, I'm sure that once I get this mod working somehow, I will really enjoy it, because it seems awesome.

Cheers.

Edited by Cylon

Cool. Am i allowed for which cars you made a new handling?

i havent got the file here, this is what i remember:

-Cadillac CTS

-BMW M3 2001

-Hummer H2

-Dodge Charger 1969

-Aston Martin DB9

-Chevrolet Camaro SS 350

-Ferrari F430

-Porsche Cayman S

-Audi A8L W12

-Lamborghini Murcielago

-Mercedes CLS 63

Could you please post the handling of these cars.

Oh and btw there is no handling for the Cadillac CTS made by Stiopa in your handling pack...

Hey bro, tx for that release, but i don't know why but when i try to extract the archive it's corrupted...

Please help me more.

Thank you very much for releasing this all in a nice pack. I appreciate this. I do have some questions though...

I was just wondering why there's so many taxis driving around and also which cars go to which conversion please.

[...]literally there are only taxis in my game. And if the normal cars spawn, they are riding in convoys, like 8 exactly the same vehicles (with different colours of course).

i have no idea why that is. maybe there is some problem with the car models. if the game cannot spawn a certain car model, it spawns a taxi instead.

And my game crashes with some error (GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Unrecoverable fault - Please restart the game 123924848) after 3 minutes of playing.

it's because of your savegames. check the readme file.

when i try to extract the archive it's corrupted

its a "ZIPX" file. requires a tool with zipx support to extract.

I have this exact same issue with the taxi spawning.. and I have no problems with models. Decided to get the original back and now there are no problems.

Kinda saddened by the muscle cars with the lack of burn outs, but its fine, I can handle it. My friend always complained about it though.

how come cars don't burn out anymore? Some cars have a lot of power[...] How to get that back?

it's because many players complained about spinning tires. 78% of the players use keyboard for driving and the majority of casual gamers had problems with cars spinning out of control.

i made a handling line with realistic burnout for the corvette Z06 model. works great for drifting. maybe you want to try it out.

gamepad recommended!

Corvette Z06 Burnout handling:

COQUETTE 1600.0 0.00 88 0.0 -0.08 -0.21 0.00

0.295 1.0 235.0 0.24 0.563 0.50 32.0 1.40 1.16 14.0 0.15 0.4850 3.0 2.1 2.2 0.11 -0.14 -0.004 0.50 1.0 0.6 0.85 1.5 0.0 41000 440010

Meh they just don't know how to control a car with a lot of power lol.gif I use a keyboard and I want a rear wheel drive v6-v8 car to burn out as it should when you hit the gas not take its time and get up to speed. thanks for the line that would suit dodge charger.

maybe i will release Realistic Driving 2.6 in a week or two. not sure if i can finish it. my HDD just died.

features:

-suspension update (to fix suspension issues that some players experienced)

-option to use default helicopter handling

-option to use "advanced" handling (difficult handling with burnouts, like in version 1.08)

MadcapSmoky22

ZOMFG, this is one of the best mods for IV right here, totally changing gameplay's experience. Great job.

TO ALL PLAYERS, ENCOUNTERING CRASHING AFTER 3 MINUTES OF GAME: delete ControlMap.dat file in C:\Documents and Settings\Your dick's name\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames (works only on xliveless or xlive wrapper)

user posted image

maybe i will release Realistic Driving 2.6 in a week or two. not sure if i can finish it. my HDD just died.

features:

-suspension update (to fix suspension issues that some players experienced)

-option to use "advanced" handling (difficult handling with burnouts, like in version 1.08)

The default helicopter handling would be GREAT. Haha, I use the gamepad so it's crazy trying to fly that thing tounge.gif

Also please do include burnout's for cars like the Sabre again please smile.gif

edit: Also could you please make the Hakumai (the ferrari) have better handling and have it not squeak the wheels when I hit the brake if possible on the next release? I know some vehicles dont do the sqeaking but I dont know if thats something you can change easily or not, figured I'd ask.

Thanks.

Edited by HaakonXCI

Hi all! Sorry for my english. smile.gif First of all i wanna say thanks to the author of this mod. It it fantastic. Sometimes just want to drive relaxed and slowly by using cruise but i feel that it is still to fast for relaxed ride. Could someone edit handling.dat to make all cars even more slower? smile.gif Or just give couple tips of what to change in the handling file. I`m using keyboard and the steering is so quick and unreal, can it be fixed somehow? (remember how smooth driving was in "Mafia"?) smile.gif

Edited by Gwynbleidd

Realistic Driving 2.6 is 70% completed.

features:

-suspension of several vehicles changed to fix the "rusty sabre bug" that was experienced by a few players

-some vehicle changes (DF8 now has turbo - to fit it's engine sound)

-reworked "cruise" handling

-new "advanced" handling (mostly created from scratch) that is optimized for burnouts and drifting (and will convice all those "1.08 fanboys")

could you please make the Hakumai (the ferrari) have better handling and have it not squeak the wheels when I hit the brake [...]

The "Realistic Driving" mod is for default cars only. Ferrari 288 is not supported. i doubt there will be any handling update for the "ultimate vehicle pack".

Sometimes just want to drive relaxed and slowly by using cruise but i feel that it is still to fast for relaxed ride. Could someone edit handling.dat to make all cars even more slower? smile.gif Or just give couple tips of what to change in the handling file. I`m using keyboard and the steering is so quick and unreal, can it be fixed somehow?

i have just spent an hour to rework the "cruise" handling. the jerky steering cannot be changed. that's R* fault.

this is what i have changed:

-all cars another 12% slower

-steering 8% less jerky

smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

it's done! version 2.6 is completed!

download will be available in a few hours here

i didnt have any time for testing. there are 10 different handling files in the download and i hope there are no bugs left.

i could explain all new features in detail, but since i am short of time i will just quote the changelog:

new features:

-"advanced" handling which is optimized for burnouts and drifting

(features 30 new car handlings)

-option to use default helicopter handling (as requested by some players)

(there are now 10 different handling.dat files to choose from, no need to edit anything yourself)

changes:

-adjustments to the "cruise" handling

-DF8: performance increase (to match it's turbo sound and labeling)

bug fixes:

-changed suspension of: Bus, Emperor2, Patriot, Polpat, Rancher, Sabre2, Stallion and Vigero2

in order to fix the "rusty Sabre bug" that was experienced by some players when playing at less than 20 frames per second

Hello Killatomate, first time I have seen this mod. I never played GTA4 and am unlikely to, but maybe you are aware of "realistic handling" projects for the earlier 3D editions of GTA? If you aren't, maybe they will provide some inspiration:

My efforts to create realistic acceleration in GTA San Andreas may also give some ideas for doing the same in GTA4. You can browse my GTA Tutorials for a more complete documentation of previous GTA's.

It's a very time-consuming process. But the rewards when you get it just right, so the numbers are accurate and it's still fun to play, really pays off. Especially when lots of people reply to your topic saying they love it!

I like that you write changelogs and spend lots of time on QA. That's the hallmark of truly pro modding.

(EDIT) I made a GTA handling editor whilst working on the overhauls. It displays the data as a spreadsheet and supports GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas. It can read/write much more than just the handling files, too.

the source code is on that page, so if anyone wants to update it to support GTA4 formats, feel free. Just send me an e-mail so I can keep track of development, from time to time.

Edited by Cerbera

Even with filecheckfix installed I cant use modded handling files in MP so this sucks lol Jk. nice work though Killatomate icon14.gif

Meh I'm still not seeing v2.6 on GTAGarage yet. sad.gif

what's up with gtagarage??? does anyone know why they dont approve my file? it was uploaded 4 days ago!

Meh I'm still not seeing v2.6 on GTAGarage yet. sad.gif

what's up with gtagarage??? does anyone know why they dont approve my file? it was uploaded 4 days ago!

That's indeed pretty long, you should

1) try to contact one of the GTAForums moderators: Gangsta Killa, Dutchy3010, PatrickW, Suction Testicle Man

or

2) have a lot of patience and wail until it's approved. icon14.gif

i have just uploaded the file on a rival website. lets see who unlocks first.

competition ftw! biggrin.gif

looks like the other hoster was quicker.

user posted image

Realistic Driving 2.6 Download:

Link

Edit: Download is now also available on gtagarage: Link

smile.gif

Edited by Killatomate

Drunk Russian 9

I like it. Quite nice. Just a little bit more burnout in the advanced file is needed. Especially on the muscle cars. The bikes I honestly still don't like, since they turn like cows.

Anybody up for some racing? I'd love to race you guys with this handling. inlove.gif

i still have 83 custom handling lines lying around here. if there is enough interest i might release them as "custom car handling v4".

Drunk Russian 9
i still have 83 custom handling lines lying around here. if there is enough interest i might release them as "custom car handling v4".

Sweet. Is there any way you can release a "advanced" version of them aswell?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow , best handling lines ever (and i try many others!!!)... Do you gonna release "custom car handling v4" that you talk about? It would be verrry nice....

By the way... don't you have some drift lines for modded cars??

GREAT WORK!!! icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thank you for such a GREAT mod you made!! I cant stop playing it!!! biggrin.gif

I just want your handling line for more & more cars...

the good point of your handling lines compared to those included in car models is yours are much more stable & not too fast. I suggest u to take a look at these cars & make handling line for them. coz I think the original one s*cks!! (btw i did not tried some of them & may be they are good but not as good as yours!!)

Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce

by smokey8808 & TDUZoqqer

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/lamborgh...perveloce-f4296

Lamborghini Reventón Final

by Threepwood & smokey8808

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/lamborgh...ton-final-f4067

Porsche 911 Turbo

by tartexs

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/porsche-911-turbo-f3985

Dodge Viper SRT-10

by Deadyshka

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/dodge-viper-srt-10-f3578

Ferrari F430 Scuderia Spider

by Stiopa

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/ferrari-...ia-spider-f3562

McLaren F1 v1.0

by DMN

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/mclaren-f1-v10-f3748

Bentley Continental GT

by Dolmat

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/bentley-...nental-gt-f4111

These models are near perfect. they just lack your handling!!!

PS. How do you make spawn location for vehicles? I want one more spawn location for comet.

PPS. have some cookies!!! cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

Well tbh, I made most of smokey's handlings and for example the LP670-4 can't be better. It shifts at the same time like the real one, accelerates like the real one and has the same characteristics.