[REL|FINAL] Realistic Driving

Killatomate

Hey do you need custom handlings? I made a bunch.

I made the 300C SRT8, Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, Porsche Cayman S, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII and I made a Veyron handling as well, but I think I got it deleted biggrin.gif Well I have 2 more handlings the Shelby GT500KR and the VW Scirocco, but it's already included or will be included in a mod. Anyway the 4.2 FSI for the R8 does 100 Km/h in 4.4 secs while the top speed is 301 Km/h smile.gif

I included same weight, same top speed (well except for the cars that are faster than 288 lmao), same acceleration and realistic turns. You won't be going left and right at 200 in a 300C biggrin.gif

hey Rob.Zombie!

you are a speed junkie, right? i just made a handling for that "Ferrari Formula 1" model, and the speed is incredible! biggrin.gif

i would like to make videos about everything i do, but that would waste even more time confused.gif

EDIT:

eight custom cars finished:

-Lamborgini Murcielago LP 640 v1.0 beta (by Stiopa)

-Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 v1.0b (by Giorgio91)

-Porsche Cayman S v1 (by Berto)

-Ferrari F430 v1.1 (by SheryO)

-AUDI R8 4.2 FSI (by Deadyshka)

-Koenigsegg CCX v1.1 (by White8Man)

-Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R (by 9lXA)

-Ferrari Formula 1 (by MadManForever)

blush.gif

Edited by Killatomate

Oh lol I just realised that it's not the guy's name who made the handling for the car, but the one who created the car itself biggrin.gif That's why I mentioned giving you some handling lines. Ah well blush.gif

Anyway yeah we could say that. When I made the Veyron's handling I couldn't get out of the car, I always wanted to drive the Veyron biggrin.gif

Drunk Russian 9

blush.gif

That's awesome! If it isn't any big trouble can you make a Nismo Z-tune version of the Skyline? I use it in GRiD 24/7 and an in love with it inlove.gif

Here is the link if you want to.

can you make a Nismo Z-tune version of the Skyline? I use it in GRiD 24/7 and an in love with it inlove.gif

Here is the link if you want to.

my Skyline GT-R handling is actually made for that particular z-tune model. but my handling only simulates standard engine, no z-tune engine. only 20 z-tunes have been built...

Bugatti Veyron and Ford GT handlings done.

there is now a total of 10 custom car handlings. and they rock! smile.gif

-Lamborgini Murcielago LP 640 v1.0 beta (by Stiopa)

-Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 v1.0b (by Giorgio91)

-Ferrari F430 v1.1 (by SheryO)

-Koenigsegg CCX v1.1 (by White8Man)

-Ferrari Formula 1 (by MadManForever)

-Ford GT v1 (by Senneken)

-Bugatti Veyron 16.4 v2 (by TheUnknowPlayer)

i cant wait to release! colgate.gif

dont get exited! lol

user posted image

i am the new drift king biggrin.gif

sigh.gif

Edited by Killatomate

Hmm, Did I miss something?

Where can I get the car pack?

Also; Why does the image with the cars have "Realistic Driving 2.1" if 2 is the final?

Kthx

handling pack is not released yet. i still need to write Readme file.

Realistic Driving 2.1 is not finished either.

Oh right. Thanks, ololol.

Was just getting confused with the "final 2.0" then "2.1" on the pictures, hur hur.

"Custom Car Handling" mod has been uploaded. download will be ready here within 24 hours. smile.gif

I get this error at the Filecheckfix:

Started ...

Game version is 1.0.4

Files check started

Incorrect file C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\handling.dat - 0x3F19C08A

What should i do?? Please help sad.gif

Started ...

Game version is 1.0.4

Files check started

Incorrect file C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\handling.dat - 0x3F19C08A

What should i do?? Please help  sad.gif

i never installed patch 1.04, so i cannot help you with that.

does anyone know how to fix it?

Custom Car Handling Pack v1 released!

Download: Link

turn.gif

@FTS Well, you can't use a modified handling.dat in multiplayer, so that's probably it.

OT: I love your handlings, I wouldn't play without them, thanks a bunch.

@FTS Well, you can't use a modified handling.dat in multiplayer, so that's probably it.

OT: I love your handlings, I wouldn't play without them, thanks a bunch.

I dont want to use it in multiplayer, because that makes me a cheater. It wont work in singleplayer!

Started ...

Game version is 1.0.4

Files check started

What should i do?? Please help  sad.gif

i never installed patch 1.04, so i cannot help you with that.

does anyone know how to fix it?

Custom Car Handling Pack v1 released!

Download: Link

turn.gif

& its not just with 1.0.4. I tried it with 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4.. so i guess the patch version is not the problem.

Drunk Russian 9

Really nice, love it.

Although the skyline needs more off the line bite. AKA torque.

Really nice, love it.

there is no such thing as torque. not in GTA IV sad.gif

Can't Wait for version 2.1, I really want to drive the F1 car at high speed in liberty city

you can already do that with the "custom car handling" mod, why wait for version 2.1 ?

Realistic Driving 2.1 concentrates on default cars...

Drunk Russian 9
Really nice, love it.

there is no such thing as torque. not in GTA IV sad.gif

Something odd happened to me today. I was driving a sentinel and admiring the new tire bumpmap I had put in. I was standing still, then I floored it. Surprisingly, the sentinel did a real burnout, complete with the smoke cloud and the car's rear end beginning to sway to one direction. This was on the stock handling file. I was so astonished that the beemer knockoff could do such a thing that I tried to re create the burnout, but I could not get anything even near it. I believe that during this launch I had somehow bypassed the acceleration helper; there's no other explanation.

I'll try and research this a little more, and I know you are convinced that there is no helper; but this truly astonished me. Besides, if we get the helper disabled, your handling file will have such a huge difference to the stock version, and you can pursue realism further.

Something odd happened to me today.[...] the sentinel did a real burnout, complete with the smoke cloud and the car's rear end beginning to sway to one direction. [...] I believe that during this launch I had somehow bypassed the acceleration helper; there's no other explanation.

no need to research - the "acceleration helper" was not disabled.

the reason for these burnouts is a displaced center of mass. you can counter the effect of the "acceleration helper" by shifting the weight of the car to the front wheels. that decreases rear wheel traction and therefore creates burnouts. but handlings with more than 60% weight on the front wheels are unrealistic - only those stupid "drift handlings" use them.

those "drift" handlings are complete bullsh*t. they set the weight distribution to 90% front wheels and change the tire properties to a value that keeps the car from spinning. and then they put their cheap "drift" videos online.

every 6 year old can "drift" with such a cheat handling. buhu.

if we get the helper disabled, your handling file will have such a huge difference to the stock version, and you can pursue realism further.

in version 2.1 of my mod all cars have realistic weight distribution. the "helper" effectively prevents burnouts...

that's the only downside of 2.1 i have discovered so far. so no realistic burnouts. that's rockstars fault of course.

when do we get proper keyboard steering? when will my mouse work? when will my pad rumble? when do we get wheel support?

i hate rockstar. that was the last time i bought R* games. next time i make my own game. or stick with counter-strike for the rest of my life biggrin.gif

Something odd happened to me today.[...] the sentinel did a real burnout, complete with the smoke cloud and the car's rear end beginning to sway to one direction. [...] I believe that during this launch I had somehow bypassed the acceleration helper; there's no other explanation.

the reason for these burnouts is a displaced center of mass. you can counter the effect of the "acceleration helper" by shifting the weight of the car to the front wheels. that decreases rear wheel traction and therefore creates burnouts. but handlings with more than 60% weight on the front wheels are unrealistic - only those stupid "drift handlings" use them.

those "drift" handlings are complete bullsh*t. they set the weight distribution to 90% front wheels and change the tire properties to a value that keeps the car from spinning. and then they put their cheap "drift" videos online.

every 6 year old can "drift" with such a cheat handling. buhu.

if we get the helper disabled, your handling file will have such a huge difference to the stock version, and you can pursue realism further.

in version 2.1 of my mod all cars have realistic weight distribution. the "helper" effectively prevents burnouts...

that's the only downside of 2.1 i have discovered so far. so no realistic burnouts. that's rockstars fault of course.

when do we get proper keyboard steering? when will my mouse work? when will my pad rumble? when do we get wheel support?

i hate rockstar. that was the last time i bought R* games. next time i make my own game. or stick with counter-strike for the rest of my life biggrin.gif

That ain't actually true, about the drift handlings. From the ones I use and the ones I created, the center of mass is not changed. They only change the tire's traction and maybe give the car more power. But we don't drift (at least real drifters) to show how cool we are and how perfect we can drift. We drift because we like it biggrin.gif

Drunk Russian 9

the reason for these burnouts is a displaced center of mass. you can counter the effect of the "acceleration helper" by shifting the weight of the car to the front wheels. that decreases rear wheel traction and therefore creates burnouts.

Actually, I played around in the VehicleFX file and found out how to give the vehicles realistic grip. Now they burnout and don't feel like they're on rails. I haven't even changed the handling file.

common/data/effects/vehicleFX

Lower the concrete line's friction thresh.

[...] Lower the concrete line's friction thresh.

does it affect braking?

if it DOES (significantly decrease braking efficiency), then its a completely useless parameter...

Drunk Russian 9
[...] Lower the concrete line's friction thresh.

does it affect braking?

if it DOES (significantly decrease braking efficiency), then its a completely useless parameter...

Yes it does, slightly but feels more realistic.