[REL|FINAL] Realistic Driving

Killatomate

Killatomate

ppl are asking me whether this works with GTA patched to 1.04

i dont have patch 4 installed so i cannot tell.

any experience with patch 1.04? any problems? solutions?

I haven't patched to 1.0.4 yet either because I'm unclear on which mods it might break, but I think handling mods should be okay. It's just an edited handling text file, right?

In 1.0.4 the mod works good of course. Really nice mod, it's a pleasure drive with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Psychotic Bison

Loving the driving part, HATING the flying part. With passion.

I use the gamepad for flying and driving. I can use the keyboard too but...

Killa, dude, you went way overboard with the heli realism. Honestly, you need to be a certi-f*ckin-fied heli pilot to fly that sh*t and land it without crashing. I watched your video, it looks effortless, but I couldn't duplicate it with the keyboard or the gamepad. The heli drifts like no tomorrow, is damn near impossible to stop, and if I oversteer it by a millimeter when banking or braking, it falls down like a brick.

Dude before you say anything, I know that's how real helis behave, they have the aerodynamics of a brick and require a lot of work to fly. But I'm not a pilot... I'm just some dude with glasses who is playing a game, not a heli sim for masochist heli pilots.

You gotta do something... srsly...

Killatomate
Killa, dude, you went way overboard with the heli realism. Honestly, you need to be a certi-f*ckin-fied heli pilot to fly that sh*t and land it without crashing. I watched your video, it looks effortless, but I couldn't duplicate it with the keyboard or the gamepad. The heli drifts like no tomorrow, is damn near impossible to stop, and if I oversteer it by a millimeter when banking or braking, it falls down like a brick.

i am sorry to hear that. but the good thing about realism is that you can actually learn something useful while playing. in my mod you can have realism without the sacrifice of speed and fun.

the "realistic" handling is still quite easy:

-you dont need hundreds of buttons

-the heli slowly returns to center when you release the stick

-you dont even have to worry about throttle, since the heli hovers by itself.

flying in real life is much more demanding, that i can tell you.

the key is to fly slowly in the beginning and stay away from buildings.

keep the heli upright and practice hovering.

take some time to get used to the new handling and you will be rewarded.

..or give it up and replace handling lines with default heli handling. the choice is yours wink.gif

JasonThummel

Loving the driving part, HATING the flying part. With passion.

Dude before you say anything, I know that's how real helis behave, they have the aerodynamics of a brick and require a lot of work to fly. But I'm not a pilot... I'm just some dude with glasses who is playing a game, not a heli sim for masochist heli pilots.

You gotta do something... srsly...

LMFAO that is the funniest thing I have heared all week.

this mod is the most effective mod out there... it gives sooo much more to the game!

thanks and keep up the great work!

Killatomate

i made a new video which shows some gameplay:

2.1 progress:

i am working on car handling again. i spent some time to make supercars more authentic by changing weight distribution and using different suspension for each wheel. these cars drift more realistic now. i have also changed center of mass so they will flip more realistically. and brakes have been improved by 10% because so many people were whining about them.

cars done so far:

-banshee

-comet

-coquette

-infernus

-supergt

-turismo

arcade handling:

i have finished the arcade handling a month ago but i am still unsure whether to release or not. biggrin.gif

Killatomate

slyder - score

Sorry, but this not the name of song. cryani.gif

no? what is this then? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71YV6Vyrujg

2.1 progress:

finished cars:

-banshee

-comet

-coquette

-infernus

-supergt

-turismo

-sultanRS

-sentinel

-schafter

-feltzer

-sultan

Edited by Killatomate

Drunk Russian 9
Woa awesome biggrin.gif !

Maybe you can change the Engine Sounds of each vehicle?

Next big project? ph34r.gif

Lol, no. I'd say just make it sound like it does in the tunnel, all the time.

Lookin forward to your mod mate =)

Great, looking forward to the mod. Oh and maybe you should change the center of mass for every car. The car's front doesn't pull down when I'm making a jump. And it's impossible for me to roll over with a car (not even with SUVs)

Killatomate
Great, looking forward to the mod. Oh and maybe you should change the center of mass for every car. The car's front doesn't pull down when I'm making a jump. And it's impossible for me to roll over with a car (not even with SUVs)

i have already failed two attempts to make version 2.1 in the past 2 months.

the reason was that i tried to make cars (especially SUVs) roll over more realistic. changing the center of mass requires all handling parameters to be adjusted and therefore takes a lot of time. in the end it failed because other stuff (like brakes) would not work properly any longer.

this is my third try to make cars roll over more realistic. i also changed weight distribution and set different suspension settings for each wheel.

11 cars done. but no SUVs yet.

-banshee

-comet

-coquette

-infernus

-supergt

-turismo

-sultanRS

-sentinel

-schafter

-feltzer

-sultan

anyone using snow mod? maybe i could make a "snow" version of this mod biggrin.gif

Drunk Russian 9

Hmm. I don't think this is as important as giving bikes better characteristics, since I always thought they were unbearable.

Hey killa, would you mind making a special handling line for me? For a mod I'm releasing soon.

Killatomate

update on 2.1 progress:

reworked vehicles:

-Banshee

-Comet

-Coquette

-Feltzer

-Infernus

-Schafter

-Sentinel

-Sultan

-SultanRS

-SuperGT

-Turismo

-SabreGT

-Dukes

-Intruder

-Ruiner

-Blista

-Cognos

-Presidente

-Oracle

-Stallion

-Cavcade

-FXT

-Landstalker

-Rebla

-Freeway

-Faggio

-Hellfury

-NRG900

-PJC600

-Sanchez

-Zombie

i didnt change much of the bike handling. mainly a 10% increase of traction and brakeforce.

Edited by Killatomate

Can you please release the "NFS" handling too? I have Xliveless, so i cant play in internet and i just want to have some fun with it... smile.gif

§¬§¤§¢

I fancy this mod, man. You did a great job.

I did some modifications of my own, but I found it difficult to adjust both 0-100kph acceleration and top speed, for there are mainly 3 parameters related:

© fDragMult

(Tf) m_fDriveForce

(Tv) m_fV

adjusting each one of the three will change both acceleration and top speed which is quite annoying.

For example, I want to give a car more acceleration while maintaining top speed, I would set m_fDriveForce a bigger value. But, a bigger m_fDriveForce will result in a higher top speed.

maybe you could give me some help~~

Killatomate

another bunch of cars done:

-Faction

-Lokus

-Pinnacle

-Merit

-Vigero

-Vigero2

-Feroci

-Futo

-Uranus

-Fortune

-Sabre

-Sabre2

-Admiral

-Huntley

I did some modifications of my own, but I found it difficult to adjust both 0-100kph acceleration and top speed, for there are mainly 3 parameters related:

© fDragMult

(Tf) m_fDriveForce

(Tv) m_fV

adjusting each one of the three will change both acceleration and top speed which is quite annoying.

the only way to get it right is to change the parameters over and over again. that's why developing this mod is taking so long. i check every change i make ingame with stopwatch and other tools.

keep trying!

cuban_legend

Hi i installed your Mod and i certainly am liking it, But I was wondering if you would ever consider making alternate versions of your Handling file with added car damage deformation.

I had to manually edit the damage to match the "More Car Damage" Mod, and it would be a pain to do it again, once you release your new updated version.

Different versions could be: 50% car damage, 150%, 250%, 500%, etc.

----

I would also like to ask and report a bug:

I'm on version 1.0.4.0, with xliveless, and no other mods except for your Realistic Driving 2.0...

And when most motorcycle spanws (DirtBike, NRG), their wheels disappear. When i see a pedestrian on one, hes just revving it forever and not moving, he sometimes hovers around with no wheels if pushed.

When i try to get it, I cant drive it at all. And sometimes the screen will go black until i get off of it.

-When i remove the Realistic Driving Mod 2.0, this does not happen. Please help.

Hi i installed your Mod and i certainly am liking it, But I was wondering if you would ever consider making alternate versions of your Handling file with added car damage deformation.

I had to manually edit the damage to match the "More Car Damage" Mod, and it would be a pain to do it again, once you release your new updated version.

Different versions could be: 50% car damage, 150%, 250%, 500%, etc.

----

I would also like to ask and report a bug:

I'm on version 1.0.4.0, with xliveless, and no other mods except for your Realistic Driving 2.0...

And when most motorcycle spanws (DirtBike, NRG), their wheels disappear. When i see a pedestrian on one, hes just revving it forever and not moving, he sometimes hovers around with no wheels if pushed.

When i try to get it, I cant drive it at all. And sometimes the screen will go black until i get off of it.

-When i remove the Realistic Driving Mod 2.0, this does not happen. Please help.

ok, i am considering an extra "high car damage" version.

thx for reporting the bike issue. i never heard of it and never actually tested patch 1.040

if anyone knows how to fix it, please report.

Awesome job, when is the next release do you think?

will take at least 3 weeks. theres is still much left to be done.

i spent 2 days creating speedometer skins, you can check them out here:

Download: Link

new 2.1 handling for following cars done:

-Habanero

-PMP600

-Hakumai

-Premier

-DF8

handling for custom cars:

-Porsche Cayman S v1 (by Berto)

-Ferrari F430 v1.1 (by SheryO)

-Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 v1.0b (by Giorgio91)

there is still a lot of stuff on my list... bored.gif

Drunk Russian 9

handling for custom cars:

-Porsche Cayman S v1 (by Berto)

-Ferrari F430 v1.1 (by SheryO)

-Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 v1.0b (by Giorgio91)

Wow man, you do custom handling lines? I had no idea . . . these'll surely be in my game. Thanks alot.

Edit: Can I make a request? This Audi R8 is a beautiful car, and it would be amazing with your handling.

Can I make a request? This Audi R8 is a beautiful car, and it would be amazing with your handling.

Yes, Audi R8 handling will be included in the next release. i just spent 2 hours on it and it feels pretty authentic already.

some stats:

weight: 1650 kg

0-100 kph: 4.6 sec

0-200 kph: 15.5 sec

top speed: 295 kph

deceleration: 11.4 m/s2

weight distribution: 44/56