[REL|FINAL] Realistic Driving

Killatomate

Rob.Zombie

In real life you won't speed with 280 Km/h on the city streets... It's meant to be realistic and actually it is. Sometimes I want the wheels to block, but modern cars have ABS, so they won't block. And how come I actually have fun with the handling mod? I can easily control my vehicles, even the helicopters. And killatomate, plz don't do any unrealistic stuff to the handling whatever they say. Keyword is realism biggrin.gif

In real life you won't speed with 280 Km/h on the city streets... It's meant to be realistic and actually it is. Sometimes I want the wheels to block, but modern cars have ABS, so they won't block. And how come I actually have fun with the handling mod? I can easily control my vehicles, even the helicopters. And killatomate, plz don't do any unrealistic stuff to the handling whatever they say. Keyword is realism biggrin.gif

But think Rob.Zombie. This guy will never delete this version, i just want to make new one, you no need to download this, people who wants that will download it.

Rob.Zombie

To the tell you the truth I'm not really satisfied with the 2.0 version. Cars are much more slower, then in previous version (1.8 I think) and even with the xbox controller version, I'm still not able to produce burnouts. Even a simple 300C can do a donut (drift around a place), but I can't do it, not even with the coquette. So I'm using a "mixture" of these mods with some edited lines. (like all german cars have a top speed of 250, etc.)

Oh adijaga2 man stop complaining, dont use this handling and have a better life alien.gif

This handling is designed for GTA IV and you CAN'T compare this handling with other racing games handling suicidal.gif

Im using this handling because i like how vehicles handle... i just copy/paste helicopter handling from original, because i cant fly with this one smile.gif

I also have g25 steering wheel with pedals and manual shifter, but i dont use it for GTA, because GTA is NOT a driving simulator ...you need real cockpit view for realistic handling (rfactor, lfs, gtr)

Oh adijaga2 man stop complaining, dont use this handling and have a better life  alien.gif

Okay, sorry. Maybe i will just download other version, or just little modify the newest.

Edit: Killatomate, are you planing to make new versions of Realstic Handling?

Edited by adijaga2

Killatomate

update on this mod:

i spent a lot of time working on 2.1

i had changed every single vehicle. wheel traction, center of mass, suspension.

SUVs and trucks flipped over correctly. sharp turns on bumpy roads or driving over the curb would flip most of them.

cars looked less slippery because i had changed back to weak suspension again.

but then i encountered a problem with this new handling (caused by suspension) that i couldnt fix without reworking every vehicle again and again...

i had uploaded an 2.1 alpha version to get your opinion on the changes and ask you whether or not continue work on it. but right when i was about to release i decided not to continue this particular 2.1 version. Version 2.0 was better in my opinion. most ppl would dislike flipping SUVs anyway.

...bla...bla...bla...please reply with some boring facts ...bla...bla...bla...bla

This mod has been downloaded more than 50000 times already! (arabic, japanese and chinese mirrors not included)

That's 460 downloads a day. Yay!

...bla...bla...bla...bla...we want less realism ...bla...bla...bla...bla

i am working on an arcade handling version, called "NFS handling".

"NFS" stands for "NO FRIGGIN' SKILL" and is for people who prefer speed over realism wink.gif

features:

130% acceleration

140% traction

150% brakeforce

significantly reduced oversteering

easier brakeforce bias

much easier handbrake turns

less wheelspin

no damage to your car

traffic cars weight less so that you fly through the windshield less likely

vehicles finished so far:

-Comet

-NRG900

-PCJ600

-Freeway

-Zombie

-Hellfury

not sure whether im gonna release though.

obviously, arcade racing games are no good for kids. they get a wrong impression of speed and mass. and physics in general biggrin.gif

And this arcade handling version would be used by cheater to cheat on other ppl.

but why am i developing this then? for myself? i hate arcade... turn.gif

I'd want everything as realistic as it's possible. Flipping SUVs is a cool idea. I always wondered why is it so damn hard to flip the mule and suvs. If nothing else, it'd good for making "hollywood like" car crashes. You know when you speed an SUV on the highway then you bump into something and your suv makes at least 10 flips. I'd love them. And even more burnouts for the cars. Even a 300C can do rolling burnouts, and donuts (yes with ESP turned off), but I can hardly make donuts with the coquette biggrin.gif

Drunk Russian 9
Who here would be interested in taking part in

Killatomate's Realistic Handling races?

I long to see how you guys drive with this insane handling mod.

somebody needs to add a racetrack to the game, so that you can race against the clock or even your friends in multiplayer.

Yea, we can do something similar by using construct mod/spawner/world builder, but a real track modification isn't possible yet.

It would be awesome to race Laguna Seca in GTA IV.

Killatomate

i just played a NFS game and it made me realize that NFS is crap. not even worth playing.

im gonna name my arcade handling different, i dont want any connections to this NFS crap.

NFS is not about speed, it's about 250% traction and 350% brake efficiency. and the lack of physics. i hit the car of an opponent and he didnt even move... uhh, im never gonna buy this EA crap again. even riding a bicyle is more entertaining biggrin.gif

Little Psycho
i just played a NFS game and it made me realize that NFS is crap. not even worth playing.

im gonna name my arcade handling different, i dont want any connections to this NFS crap.

NFS is not about speed, it's about 250% traction and 350% brake efficiency. and the lack of physics. i hit the car of an opponent and he didnt even move... uhh, im never gonna buy this EA crap again. even riding a bicyle is more entertaining biggrin.gif

What are you talking about?!

Handling in NFS is realistic! (sarcasm)

Lol I remember in NFS Carbon for PSP an old Mercedes Benz Sedan was faster than Dodge Viper lol.gif

zinklesmesh

Killa, would you have any ideas on how to sort of dull the corner response for most of the cars? They have this weird, unrealistic, very sharp corner response (same as default handling), where you can flick the car back and forth super quickly (impossible in a real car)

If you try the Romero with your handling mod, it has almost exactly the kind of slow, soft handling that most of the bigger sedans in the game should have.

Killatomate

Killa, would you have any ideas on how to sort of dull the corner response for most of the cars? They have this weird, unrealistic, very sharp corner response (same as default handling), where you can flick the car back and forth super quickly (impossible in a real car)

If you try the Romero with your handling mod, it has almost exactly the kind of slow, soft handling that most of the bigger sedans in the game should have.

i know about this problem. i have been trying to reduce this since mod version 1.0 but i havent found any way.

with slower steering response this game would be MUCH more realistic.

you can reduce the problem by using a gamepad.... dontgetit.gif

I think the problem lies within the game. It's not a simulator sad.gif

Like in TDU the player moves the steering wheel slowly. Turning in GTA is more like in Race Driver GRID. The player is moving the steering wheel so fast, that it looks insane and unrealistic.

Killatomate
I think the problem lies within the game. It's not a simulator sad.gif

[...]The player is moving the steering wheel so fast, that it looks insane and unrealistic.

it's the nr. 1 reason for unintentional fishtailing. its not my mods fault, its the way niko handles the car in general...

try using a wheel and pedals with this mod, it feels way more realistic.

I didn't say it's your mods fault wink.gif I've just pointed out the problem. Anyway it handles very good with keyboard as well. Too bad I don't have no steering wheel :\

zinklesmesh

i know about this problem. i have been trying to reduce this since mod version 1.0 but i havent found any way.

with slower steering response this game would be MUCH more realistic.

you can reduce the problem by using a gamepad.... dontgetit.gif

I do use a 360 controller, but even then, it's still too snappy. I guess I should look into getting my steering wheel working with GTA4.

update on this mod:

i spent a lot of time working on 2.1

Where is download link tounge.gif i wanna try any handling u make

I like that NFS idea, but you shouldn't make the car invisible or other car bit weightless, because it sounds too crazy... tounge2.gif

Edited by Teo265

Drunk Russian 9

NFS is the sh*t.

Honestly, there's no need to work on a separate handling.

Killatomate

arcade handling is almost finished. but i dont think im gonna release it since i think cheaters will use it.

im confused. IF i release it, should i release it as some kind of Realistic Driving 2.1 version extra or as seperate mod? it's based on my Realistic Driving mod.

clueless.

MattyDienhoff

Hey man, I have some questions. You say you've increased vehicles' resistance to gunfire (so they don't catch fire so easily). That's a good idea, and it is relevant to my interests (I'd like to include the same change in a weapon mod I'm making), so I'd like some more details:

* How significant is the change? How much more resilient did you make vehicles to damage? A little, a lot?

* Is there much difference between different types of vehicles, i.e. are more robust vehicles like trucks able to withstand more ballistic damage than others?

* In which game file is this stuff defined?

Thanks.

Killatomate
Hey man, I have some questions. You say you've increased vehicles' resistance to gunfire (so they don't catch fire so easily). That's a good idea, and it is relevant to my interests (I'd like to include the same change in a weapon mod I'm making), so I'd like some more details:

* How significant is the change? How much more resilient did you make vehicles to damage? A little, a lot?

* Is there much difference between different types of vehicles, i.e. are more robust vehicles like trucks able to withstand more ballistic damage than others?

* In which game file is this stuff defined?

Thanks.

1. damage is reduced by 40%

2. damage resistance of all vehicles in GTA IV is the same, except for the armored truck (Stockade)

3. you can set damage multiplicators in "handling.dat" file

Ahm I've found something wrong with the handling. Why is the Comet so god damn fast? What the hell it's just a porsche and porsche sucks. Can't belive it's faster than the Ferrari and the Aston. Even a corvette and the viper beats the sh*t out of crappy porsches. And if you make next version (not the NFS handling, but realistic driving) plz add MOAR damage biggrin.gif

user posted image

I guess it's faster because the creator is German?

You might have offended him. lol.gif

user posted image

Nah, I think because R* made the comet fast like hell. I mean come on, it's in the same category as the LamboZonda...

And I know a lots a german people who prefer american cars/japanese cars to german cars.

Killatomate

many Porsche models take only 3.8 seconds 0-100kph. i dont see why 4.5 seconds feels overpowered to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911

the car in my mod is a Porsche 993 Turbo (1995)

The 993 Turbo model was the fastest stopping car in production at the time and was tested going 0-60mph in 3.8 seconds, and stopping from 60 mph (97 km/h) to 0 in 2.3 seconds

that's a deceleration of 11.72 m/s2 - exact match with my mod.

I have used the performance of a "slower" model for my mod:

0-100kph: 4.5 seconds (for comparison: 993 Turbo S: 3.7 seconds)

top speed: 290 kph (for comparison: 993 Turbo S: 303 kph)

997 Turbo:

the 997 Turbo's 0–60 mph time has been clocked 3.2 seconds with the Tiptronic transmission. on the highway the car maxxed out 200 mph (320 kph).

see, it's even faster than a lamborghini murcielago 640 (3.4 seconds) tounge.gif

only because Porsche 911 has lowest fuel consumption of all sports cars doesnt mean it's a weak car.

Porsche's chassis and brakes beat american cars anytime.

wink.gif

Edited by Killatomate

It takes 3.3 second for the LP640 to get on 100 Km/h (which is 62 Mph and not 60) so I'm sure it'd beat your porsche. As for the most powerful version of the Murcielago which is the LP670-4, it takes 3.2 second to accelerate to 100 Km/h

The normal LP640's top speed is over 350 Km/h, so it simply beats the porsche. But I don't get it, you said that the infernus accelerates to 100 in 3.8 secs. Why? I mean you should always add the fastest version of all cars.

And you should use the 996 model for the comet, since the comet is based more like on that version, or maybe the 997, we can't tell for sure smile.gif

Maybe it's only me, but when we tested the comet it beat the turismo, and felt overpowered. Maybe it was not the comet that was overpowered, but the turismo which is underpowered biggrin.gif

The Turismo can be a F430 or a 360 modena, not sure which model you used for the turismo...

And another thing when we tested the 300C vs the 7er BMW or the Schafter, they always won. Why?

300C SRT8: 100 Km/h in 4.8 sec (not to mention the 274 Km/h top speed biggrin.gif)

S65 AMG: 60 Mph in 4.2 sec (yeah if you used this version it might have been better)

BMW 760i: 100 Km/h in 5.5 sec (rubbish biggrin.gif)

Sorry for writing all of this I just couldn't stop XD

Edited by Rob.Zombie

Killatomate

why use the fastest version of every car? why should every 300c in the traffic be a SRT8? why every murcielago a LP670-4?

i have used more common versions because:

1. you are more likely to meet them on the road

2. most players have enough problems already to cope with the cars.

3. GTA IV engine is not made for high speeds. memory streaming issues.

1.:

Sorry I didn't mean you should use the LP670-4. It's a very rare car. But using the fastest version of vehicles are good, because in IV you can find the "fast" version of car. Like for the PMP-600 there's a version, where it has spoiler, a different grill and side skirt "thingy". For the Infernus I'd use the LP640 since it's not that rare. It's kinda hard to explain, but you can see "tuned" version of cars, like a schafter with bodykits. But that's some kind of a reference to the AMG version.

2.:

I think players would get used to it, but hey it's meant to be realistic biggrin.gif I can handle even the xbox version of the cars very easily. I can always perform a drift or a perfect donut, so it's not that hard.

3.:

Well yeah you got a point there, it's irritating to see that the top speed is limited to 288. I have no idea how to make it better sad.gif Maybe some day, there'll be a mod smile.gif