[REL|FINAL] Realistic Driving

Killatomate

@Satangel: That would be patch 1.03 - this mod only replaces 4 or so files, your saves should be in here

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

move/copy them to:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

@cep regarding melee, I find 'special god' mode in the latest simple trainer disables melee combat for some reason, normal god mod does not though, make sure you don't have that on.

Great mod btw, you can link massive amounts of streets together now and drop rolling burnouts properly. Not sure what you can improve on in another version, maybe the mock AE-86 could be a little lighter? It's a shame the dukes with the blower sticking out the hood doesn't count as a different version, I'd love to see that smoke all gears.

Once again, great work on the mod icon14.gif

@Satangel: That would be patch 1.03 - this mod only replaces 4 or so files, your saves should be in here

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

move/copy them to:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

@cep regarding melee, I find 'special god' mode in the latest simple trainer disables melee combat for some reason, normal god mod does not though, make sure you don't have that on.

Great mod btw, you can link massive amounts of streets together now and drop rolling burnouts properly. Not sure what you can improve on in another version, maybe the mock AE-86 could be a little lighter? It's a shame the dukes with the blower sticking out the hood doesn't count as a different version, I'd love to see that smoke all gears.

Once again, great work on the mod icon14.gif

I reinstalled the game, and it was all working good on 1.0.0. My saves were back there, everything back to normal.

I really want to test this mod, so I installed patch 1.0.3. Now my saves were deleted.

I checked the folders you mentioned, and everything was okay. My savegames are in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames.

But they don't show up in game

I reinstalled the game, and it was all working good on 1.0.0. My saves were back there, everything back to normal.

I really want to test this mod, so I installed patch 1.0.3. Now my saves were deleted.

I checked the folders you mentioned, and everything was okay. My savegames are in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames.

Windows live offline/online account maybe? I recall it messing with my fallout 3 saves.

google brought these up re: live & gta 4 saves

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/p/828/8734.aspx#8734

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21965478-...rom-XP-to-Vista

Might be able to work out how to copy your live accounts etc.

I'm using the xliveless mod, apparently gets around this problem but you can't play multiplayer

Windows live offline/online account maybe? I recall it messing with my fallout 3 saves.

google brought these up re: live & gta 4 saves

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/p/828/8734.aspx#8734

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21965478-...rom-XP-to-Vista

Might be able to work out how to copy your live accounts etc.

I'm using the xliveless mod, apparently gets around this problem but you can't play multiplayer

Thanks for the help, but that XLiveless modd didn't help.

It's still the same problem.

My savegames are in the correct directory, but the game doesn't recognize them sad.gif

I remember having trouble with my saves a while ago... If I remember correctly it was because I had put my save folder (called user_e00000453fe619a2) into "My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames". If you did this, you just need to put the "SGTA" save files (found inside the user_e folder) into the "savegames" folder.

Killatomate

stay on topic please. use PM for offtopic things like this.

I just want to thank you for the mod and the effort that you put in the making of it. I just love this mod, it made the gameplay so much better and more fun.

I have only one thing that I don't like and that is the helicopter. It is really hard to drive it on the keyboard because when I push a key to go forward it goes to fast, so it is much harder to control it.

But other than that it is a superb mod, so thanks again for it. icon14.gifcolgate.gifhappy.gif

Rob.Zombie

I think helicopters are much more slower than vanilla ones. I always pitch forward in a very big angle, but my chopper is still slow, but I'm not complaining biggrin.gif It'S meant to be realistic and the choppers are actually handle like in Flight Simulator biggrin.gif

KingBulleT 8747

Just wanna say: The helicopter handling sucks, it overturns everytime.

user posted image

Rob.Zombie

It supposed to be realistic. And if it were more realistic as soon as your rotors hit something, you will crash. It doesn't suck. Yes it's much more harder, but is realistic IMO smile.gif

Killatomate
I think helicopters are much more slower than vanilla ones.

yes, in my mod there's less acceleration but higher topspeed.

default game helicopters were accelerated by an unrealistic effect that was independent from angle of attack. (and therefore you could accelerate them even when they were pitched back with nose pointing in the sky)

new helicopters are accelerated by realistic effects only.

Could U edit the braking of the vehicles too?

What goes faster should brake faster too !

Rob.Zombie

they can't have a bigger top speed since gta has a speed limit at 288 Km/h and I archieved 288 with vanilla chopper

Drunk Russian 9

Vanilla brakes are better than real-life brakes. So, no.

Oh yea, your this mod is the official handling mod for my club. Congrats!

What are vannila brakes?

KingBulleT 8747

What are vannila brakes?

Vanilla = Original/Not-replaced

user posted image

Well, have you tried riding with a NRG-900 in the game with this mod?

You should go top speed with that thing and then try to brake/turn. It's takes like 200 meters to get to standstill.

It's like the bike weighs 500 kilos, instead of the 200 kilos it's in real life.

That's not realistic!

Killatomate

Well, have you tried riding with a NRG-900 in the game with this mod?

You should go top speed with that thing and then try to brake/turn. It's takes like 200 meters to get to standstill.

It's like the bike weighs 500 kilos, instead of the 200 kilos it's in real life.

That's not realistic!

top speed is 280 kph. is there any bike in the world that has shorter braking distance than 200m ? No!

An expert rider needs about 308 meters* to stop a bike from 280 kph.

stop crying and get real.

*Link

Is the handling need to be realistic in 100%? It just need to be good for driving.

Just chill out and stop this making 100% real, make something good for keyboard and joypads and playable of course.

Edited by adijaga2

corvettelover
Is the handling need to be realistic in 100%? It just need to be good for driving.

Just chill out and stop this making 100% real, make something good for keyboard and joypads and playable of course.

hey, dumbass. did you even read the title? its Realistic Driving, not Good Driving for Keyboards or Joypads. sorry but your comment was really dumb.

Rob.Zombie

and it's still not 100% realistic (first it's a game not real life lmao XD, second some cars still have unrealistic top speeds (anyway I got these edited to my liking so I'm pretty happy with this handling mod))

If I could choose between as realistic handling as in Gran Turismo and between GTA handling I'd choose Gran Turismo's handling...

Drunk Russian 9

Who here would be interested in taking part in

Killatomate's Realistic Handling races?

I long to see how you guys drive with this insane handling mod.

hey, dumbass. did you even read the title? its Realistic Driving, not Good Driving for Keyboards or Joypads. sorry but your comment was really dumb.

Yes i know that. But author can change that. I mean theres better ideas for changing handling.

Killatomate

somebody needs to add a racetrack to the game, so that you can race against the clock or even your friends in multiplayer.

it's already optimized for gamepad and keyboard.

i've got a wheel but i dont use it biggrin.gif same for my 28-button-joystick. it's a shame! i wanna use my pedals!

somebody needs to add a racetrack to the game, so that you can race against the clock or even your friends in multiplayer.

i've got a wheel but i dont use it biggrin.gif same for my 28-button-joystick. it's a shame! i wanna use my pedals!

But braking should be stronger, and cars not fast like in your mod.

Little Psycho

Please shut up, you are fourteen, you don't know sh*t about driving, GTFO, no offence.

Please shut up, you are fourteen, you don't know sh*t about driving, GTFO, no offence.

Lol you again? Just calm down. Maybe some people want a good gameplay, and playing multi player ( like me ) and driving for example on race isnt good enough beacuse i can always hit a object.

P.S: Are you got ADHD? lol.gif

Edit: This guy ( Killatomate ) know everything about handling, and i know lot of guys who sometimes are angry on this braking, or flying heli. So if you can Killatomate make another version, little not realistic but good for playing MultiPlayer and good braking.

Edited by adijaga2