[REL|FINAL] Realistic Driving

Killatomate

The top speed and acceleration values are good as they are. Rockstar uses KPH not MPH. You can see it in the first section of handling.dat. It says something like this: Velocity (in Kph)

I understand this, but game speed is relative. Just because they say KPH, it doesn't mean it's the same as in reality. Then again, I might be wrong, but for the slow cars in the game acceleration is waaay too strong and top speeds feels much faster than I'd expect in reality.

Rob.Zombie

lol my problem is that it's not fast enough. The traffic travels at about 30 Kph or sometimes maybe with 15 Kph. It's irritating to see that Niko can run next to the car :|

Anyway Killa why did you make the Primo FWD? It's a Caddy and it has RWD. And the cars are slowered compared to the older versions (in my opinion) biggrin.gif

Killatomate

why did you make the Primo FWD? It's a Caddy and it has RWD.

Cadillac Allante 1987:

The car's front-wheel drive (FWD) powertrain was unique in its class, and brought the ...

i spent hours on researching EVERY SINGLE CAR. if all my sources say its FWD, then i make it FWD.

My question: is there a way to decrease maximum speed for all vehicles by percentage, without editing all cars stats, or I have to do it one by one? And when I decrease speed, acceleration will decrease too, or I have to change that too?

you can reduce acceleration of every single car, but that will merely change top speed.

However, if you increase air drag then the top speed will be decreased.

my suggestion:

-set air drag of every vehicle to 4.0 or higher

-reduce acceleration of every vehicle by 25%

none of the helicopters can do barrel roll which is in game

the problem is that the game doesnt simulate the effects that keep real helicopters from doing barrel roll or loop. most flight simulators dont simulate them either.

next time you do a loop, just imagine you are flying an Eurocopter

wink.gif

Edited by Killatomate

Rob.Zombie

Oh my bad...

I think the Primo is based more like on the Caddy Seville (A.K.A. STS/SLS), since the Allante is a cabriolet, but I failed again since Seville has FWD as well blush.gifsmile.gif

that's nice that you think you can have various top speeds for cars, but the engine doesn't allow any faster movement beyond 287KPH(teleportation doesn't count) at least that's how it is in patch 1(i use the trainer 3.4).

the thing about helicopters is true, i haven't seen a game which would simulate rotor tiling and blade tilting, because it's not the rotation speed that changes. Ever since, GTAs interpreted w/s as controls of rotor speed.

Neither i found game that simalted enough factors of car, both undergrounds stays awesome because it's sounds are awesome, no game had such superb sound simulation, aerodynamic sounds, reverbs, sounds themselves, cars honking, bats hearable from some cars(Ug2), awesome soundtrack. Tehre is not 1 game that combines all this and has graphics(hell, even fu_king road reflecions stay unbet, the cars reflected on the roads!) and physics at the same time.

Edited by Dhatz

lilmcnessy

I think this is a great mod but i don't enjoy the flying part

I liked how it limited the tilting of the helicopter because then you can go at maximum speed without losing altitude

And the police have a hard time flying them aswell

But other than that i love the driving icon14.gif

I also don't like the flying part that much, because it's almost like in real life. Maybe you could do some slight changes... ?

Otherwise, it's alright.

I also don't like the flying part that much, because it's almost like in real life. Maybe you could do some slight changes... ?

Otherwise, it's alright.

I thought that was the point.

i love how the cars are made in this mod and the helis are so much better if you know how yo fly them + its more realistic when you see a cop heli fly right next to the building and crash

Drunk Russian 9

I have one, only one complaint about the bikes; you can't endo anymore . . .

And the steering radius still feels too large, but it might just be me.

Little Psycho
i love how the cars are made in this mod and the helis are so much better if you know how yo fly them + its more realistic when you see a cop heli fly right next to the building and crash

Not really, do you realy think police would hire retarded pilots?

Killatomate

there is a reason why i dont decrease turning radius of bikes further. it would affect several other parameters in a very baaad way. believe me, you want to keep it this way.

they are already retarded in the default game. they "drive" helicopters as if they were driving cars. the only thing that keeps them from crashing is this unrealistic flight model for helicopters.

Edited by Killatomate

there is a reason why i dont decrease turning radius of bikes further. it would affect several other parameters in a very baaad way. believe me, you want to keep it this way.

they are already retarded in the default game. they "drive" helicopters as if they were driving cars. the only thing that keeps them from crashing is this unrealistic flight model for helicopters.

lol exactly + its funny to see them crash into each other with the helis its the funniest thing ever

the IA overall is weak when not following scripted paths, drivers spawned by trainer 3.4 are way too stupid to brake soon enough or overcome other cars. can't expect such amateurs to code proper AI for piloting helis with nondefault parameters.

it's kinda fun, once i had 6 stars with this mod and was in godmode, then i saw police chopper laying on the ground without rotor blades and it wasn't destroyed, so it stayed there and no heli could respawned in air. i evaded the 6 stars(i hate the heavy spawning when you get wanted, it was better the way it was in SanAn)

Killatomate

yes, i hate police in GTA IV too. you are somewhere in the woods (or on the airfield), commit a crime and within 3 seconds 4 policecars pop up out of nowhere...

and the police spawning rate is really annoying. there is no use in shooting them, since every cop is being replaced in an instant. even if you kill 200 cops the spawning rate doesnt decrease...

the easiest way to escape them is to let all of them follow you - that way you make sure no cops spawn in front of you biggrin.gif

is there any "cop mod" out yet?

yes, i hate police in GTA IV too. you are somewhere in the woods (or on the airfield), commit a crime and within 3 seconds 4 policecars pop up out of nowhere...

and the police spawning rate is really annoying. there is no use in shooting them, since every cop is being replaced in an instant. even if you kill 200 cops the spawning rate doesnt decrease...

the easiest way to escape them is to let all of them follow you - that way you make sure no cops spawn in front of you biggrin.gif

If you kill a Cop iRL you´ll have hundreds of them in a few minutes.

So I don´t see any problems here in gta IV ?!

f*cking Awesome Mod tounge2.gif

Little Psycho

If you kill a Cop iRL you´ll have hundreds of them in a few minutes.

So I don´t see any problems here in gta IV ?!

f*cking Awesome Mod tounge2.gif

Yes, but not in a time like this. Listen it's should work like this: Niko kills cops etc. His wanted level is 3....an specified amount of cops come (for example 15) and no more before you kill them. No offense, but you must be an idiot if you think that police would like to lose so much police officers..

Your opinion smile.gif .

Problem:

I don´t know If the bug comes from RD 2.0 .

But I can´t use Melee attacks like Pushing,Boxing, Kicks.

Knife and Baseball don´t work too.

Killatomate
Can you make cars much more easier to turn on it's top. Like SUVs and trucks should be easy to get on their side.

maybe i'll make SUVs flip easier. i am planning on making suspension of cars weaker again (almost as weak as in the default game), since strong suspension seems to be the reason why the handling feels "slippery" to many ppl.

Little Psycho
I´m the only one with the melee Problem? sad.gif

That's not this mod fault, it only changes weapons and vehicles handling.

Killatomate

i am working on the next release. might take some days though, since i am reworking every single car ... AGAIN! dozingoff.gifnervous.gifmercie_blink.gif

suicidal.gif

Rob.Zombie

Sounds great, but if you make another version where we can do burnouts, give the cars a lot more power (so we can do burnouts for longer) And please since it's realistic driving give every vehicle realistic top speed and acceleration (like 300C min. 250 Km/h) and don't care about the fact that every single car will be fast.

EDIT: Oh and if you still need beta testers I'm here smile.gif

Drunk Russian 9

Is it really necessary to re-work the cars again?

And I'm telling you, that acceleration helper IS there. And it's a bitch . . . especially when drifting or coming out of tight corners.

Besides that, the only other thing I'm not happy with is the bike handling. It's a real bitch to turn.

EDIT: If you really think there's no helper, do this ingame . . . find a moderately fast car, and gas it until you hear the shift. Then, with the same car, cruise to 15 mph on first gear and let off the throttle. Accelerate and you should reach second much quicker, like 3 seconds quicker.

Edited by Drunk Russian 9

i am working on the next release. might take some days though, since i am reworking every single car ... AGAIN! dozingoff.gifnervous.gifmercie_blink.gif

suicidal.gif

Woa awesome biggrin.gif

suicidal.gif

Please don't make the cars too powerful, because the AI can't recognise the changes.

And i thought i could make cargp from scratch and work on frequency and max vehicles, if i get some realistic results, i could show it to you and you could use it if you liked it.

cars too powerful, because the AI can't recognise the changes.

I've literally seen police cars slide sideways across the street when they have been chasing me. lol.gif

user posted image

Rob.Zombie

I don't think it has anything to do with traffic. I mean the AI is still as stupid as it was. Cops always crashing into other things. The only AI problem I have is that sometimes police choppers fail to fly and they crash, which makes me lol.gif instead of sneaky2.gif

If you get my point biggrin.gif

I installed your mod (first mod of GTA IV), but when I started the game, all my saves were gone.

The controls are still there, so I think my profile still exists, but all my saves are gone!

I didn't remove anything unnecessary, just what you said in the readme.

I have installed the 1.0.3 patch, maybe that did it?

I installed your mod (first mod of GTA IV), but when I started the game, all my saves were gone.

The controls are still there, so I think my profile still exists, but all my saves are gone!

I didn't remove anything unnecessary, just what you said in the readme.

I have installed the 1.0.3 patch, maybe that did it?

There seems no other way then the 1.0.3 patch did it....

My game was pure when I updated it, so it was still at the way I bought it at the store.