[REL|FINAL] Realistic Driving

Killatomate

I still have some old version of your script. I think the changelog is long enough. As time goes by I am sure you will find more things to improve - but dont keep us waiting for the new heli and weapon configs tounge.gif

BTW: Yeah the weaponrange when shooting down Helicopters sucked sad.gif - I always had to sniper the people in there down wink.gif

Drunk Russian 9

-Sultan: now RWD

-SultanRS: now RWD, increased performance

Wow why? I loved the fact that Sultan was a 4WD . . . I know it looks like a Lexus IS250, but it behaves like a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V

Sultan Wiki

I got a great idea. Have you made that, so it'll really take time to take off. [...] there'd be a warm up time before you can take off.

i dont know how to do that and i think it would annoy most players because cops would always manage to catch you before you can take off. it would prevent you from stealing guarded helicopters like the annihilator (blackhawk).

Well now there's the catch. It's realistic biggrin.gif Anyway if you kill the cop on top of the building he won't be able to get you, and you can block the staircase with a car. I usually drive in with a cavalcade so cops can't even get up there. Ah well, since you don't know how to...

Anyway in real life you can't take out a helicoper with a gun. Maybe if you hit the engine with a high caliber gun, but you wouldn't be able to take down the blackhawk. In real life it's armored and bullets can't pierce through that armor. I'm sure the homeland security's blackhawk is pretty much armored as well.

Anyway if you still need beta tester I can participate.

Killatomate
if you still need beta tester I can participate.

thanks for the offer. right now im in a "trust no one, test everything yourself" mood. if i find something you can test i'll contact you.

I have been working for 60 hours on helicopters. changed everything imaginable.

however, most players wont notice the difference and think "oh, he just removed the limit that kept us from flipping the heli". THATS NOT THE CASE.

i have changed every single helicopter parameter in order to make them as realistic as possible with GTA physics. the result is surprisingly realistic, you might actually confuse GTA with Microsoft Flight Simulator.

The only things that keep me from making a perfect simulation are:

1. Stupid AI: Ai "drives" helicopters as if it was driving cars. AI cant cope with realistic helicopters and crashes them. therefore i have to add effects to the handling that help AI. these are unrealistic effects that decrease realism for the player too.

2. GTA physics: some effects are not simulated by GTA, like the IGE "in-ground-effect".

Maybe you can use two versions, one with the handling fixes for the AI, one where you just screw the AI over and we get to watch them crash.

moonlitmagik

these all seem useful mods. however the only one i am interested in is the car handling...i hate how when i'm chasing somebody they're speeding like a mofo gliding along like nobody's business, and here's me in my comet or whatever and it's tailspinning, wrecking into walls, hydroplaning you name it. i dont need the realistic weapons and all that, any way we can make them into separate mod files or are they all packaged in one script?

Killatomate

you can install the following features seperately by only replacing the related files:

-handling (cars, bikes, helicopters)

-vehicle spawning (new cars n bikes spawn in traffic)

-weapons (increased range n damage)

eg: some players decided to use improved spawning while keeping the default handling.

Killatomate
I love you mod, however I find some cars very difficult to drive, The sentinel for example spins in circles while I try to drive I dont know if this is built for drifting but I end up using another car in order to drive.

i think i will release two versions of my mod. one will have slightly decreased acceleration but in return provide some features that reduce wheelspin, while the other version will be optimized for drifting and/or gamepad.

right now i am reworking the car handling again. i changed some properties (in order to improve steering and drifting) and now i have to adjust the handling of every single car to it.

boooring! sneaky2.gif - but the result is worth it turn.gif

Drunk Russian 9
-Sultan: now RWD

-SultanRS: now RWD, increased performance

Wow why? I loved the fact that Sultan was a 4WD . . . I know it looks like a Lexus IS250, but it behaves like a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V

Sultan Wiki

cryani.gif you quoted everyone but meh, why?

I have an older version of the realistic driving and I gotta say I love the burnouts. I always go online and keep doing donuts and burnouts with my banshee. Looks so realistic. Anyway the Infernus is very very fast in that version. Anyway can you plz make them accelerate faster when they are going over 160 as well. I was testing some cars, and I couldn't go faster than 190. There's not enough space (I was using the road next to Middle Park, which ends in a construction site)

So we should be able to speed up till 240 at least.

moonlitmagik
I love you mod, however I find some cars very difficult to drive, The sentinel for example spins in circles while I try to drive I dont know if this is built for drifting but I end up using another car in order to drive.

i think i will release two versions of my mod. one will have slightly decreased acceleration but in return provide some features that reduce wheelspin, while the other version will be optimized for drifting and/or gamepad.

right now i am reworking the car handling again. i changed some properties (in order to improve steering and drifting) and now i have to adjust the handling of every single car to it.

boooring! sneaky2.gif - but the result is worth it turn.gif

I think i'd like the decreased acceleration version, I'm lame and play the game on my keyboard. LOL!

Killatomate

Are you going to make a version for keyobards? Beacuse i havent got pad.

this mod has always been optimized for keyboard. i played 90% of the time with keyboard myself.

the next release will include two versions:

1. hardcore/default: maximized fun for gamepad and drifting (works with keyboard too, but some wheelspin)

2. easy: reduced wheelspin for people who have problems playing with keyboard.

everything is already finished, all i need to do is write the readme files.

Edited by Killatomate

Hey, this an excellent handling if you need help i am here... But you want to translate only into russian or other langages? If yes tell me!

me thingks

the muscle cars should have a little higher top speed , and the tires should spin a little longer / more when accelerating and the off-roaders like the rancher and patriot should bounce waay more, i liked the original handeling of those more eccept the most weren't 4 wheel drive

the bikes handeling if veeery good , the infernus handels great the suspension is a little stiff

but it's not that bad

the comet seems a little to sportive in my opinion but it drives cool annyhow

most sports cars drift just a bit to mutch

pls don't get me wrong

it''s a wonderfull mod

good work

any progress/result or tests ? i think need the patriot , rancher ect to go better ofroad, i'm desperate xD

no sirieus , i'd love to test, if you'd have had some changhes

Killatomate
so when is the heli handling gona be uploaded and i can help you translating to Polish

of course you can help me. i'll contact you when i have finished writing german and english versions

Honestly I don't really understand why you even bother making the instructions in several languages. Most people who play GTA IV can understand English just fine. And no, English is not my native language.

so when is the heli handling gona be uploaded and i can help you translating to Polish

of course you can help me. i'll contact you when i have finished writing german and english versions

I'am from Poland so i can help too.

Killatomate

Honestly I don't really understand why you even bother making the instructions in several languages. Most people who play GTA IV can understand English just fine. And no, English is not my native language.

most russians dont speak english well. they rather read the german readme than the english. same for many other countries in "europe". they have translated menu and subtitles, why would they learn english?

russian translation is done. i asked a guy named "splinter" and he did the job in 30 minutes. great.

release is planned for friday morning. i am going on a trip on friday...

Edited by Killatomate

Drunk Russian 9

most russians dont speak english well.

Whaddaya mean?

Anyway, please make the sultan 4WD again . . .

Drunk Russian 9

Effing awesomee!

Now make us a Manual Transmission. Lol.  biggrin.gif

TEC is on PC too?

Anyway manual tranny is impossible currently =(

RPM values are nowhere to be found.

Effing awesomee!

Now make us a Manual Transmission. Lol.  biggrin.gif

TEC is on PC too?

Anyway manual tranny is impossible currently =(

RPM values are nowhere to be found.

I'm not on PC, but I play w/ a friends PC the other day. Mods are awesome, I miss VC nd SA modding.

Manual Trans would epic though.

most russians dont speak english well. they rather read the german readme than the english. same for many other countries in "europe". they have translated menu and subtitles, why would they learn english?

russian translation is done. i asked a guy named "splinter" and he did the job in 30 minutes. great.

release is planned for friday morning. i am going on a trip on friday...

ok the polish translation is 95% done all i have 2 do is make some changes and it should be good but i can't make the different letter because my keyboard doesnt support 2 languages but it should be fine for them 2 read so ill contact you with the download link for the readme

Killatomate

the new version is almost finished. i need to test the files and also check for typos.

i will upload the mod in a few hours. smile.gif

the new version is almost finished. i need to test the files and also check for typos.

i will upload the mod in a few hours. smile.gif

so excited, can't wait. cheers! devil.gif

Killatomate

i have been testing for 4 hours and it looks like it will take another 2 hours until this mod passes my quality control. no sleep at all, im sooo tired...

here is a new video about this mod:

Edit: as expected, the final phase of quality control took 2 hours. no bugs have been found.

I'll will upload the mod now. turn.gif might take 6 or more hours until DL is ready though.

Edited by Killatomate