4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

papanesta

Last Movie You've Seen

Crokey

Please post more than just the title. 

We don't need a War and Peace essay on the film, but at least give a couple of sentences of good and bad points and even throw in a rating if you want to, as long as you give some rationale.

Message added by Crokey

jimmy.

our brand is crisis - 9/10

battle in seattle - 6/10

power of nightmares - 8/10

been indoctrinating myself lately...

SIKKS66

Watching South Park Movie. Good sh*t. But man has it aged, compared to the newer episodes anyway.

Dingdongs

The Negotiator.. excellent movie.

Owenwilson1

i just watched batteries not included bluray classic 1989 movie

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

The 4 previous posts are all pretty sh*t. This isn't Twitter people, add some meat to what you're saying, er, writing.

papanesta

Yeah, number ratings? Come on. *vomits*

Roy the Pirate

Lock,Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.

Rented this last night and this flick is probably going to turn me into a Brit gangster flick fanatic.

If you loved this, then watch Snatch. I myself, prefer Snatch to Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels but they are both hilariously brilliant British Gangster films.

The only problem is, since Lock Stock came theirs been far too many British Gangster films coming out, I like the genre but its not that good...

Dingdongs
Yeah, number ratings? Come on. *vomits*

Okay.

I just watched the Negotiator last night while I was reading the New York Times and lifting weights. It was an excellent movie, Samuel Jackson did a great performance as did Kevin Spacey.. haven't seen a movie as good as this in a while! I give it a 9/10!

makeshyft

The f*ck does the New York Times and lifting weights have to do with the film? And you still gave no reason as to why the film was any good.

papanesta

And added a f*cking number rating!

Jesus christ.

JoeyLeone25

Film: In The Loop

Opinion: One of the best political satirical comedies in years! ‘In The Loop’ is a spin-off (kind-of) of the fantastic British comedy ‘The Thick of It’, and follows Simon Foster (Tom Hollander), a Cabinet Minister who makes a series of unfortunate slip-ups, the first is when he tells an interviewer that he believes war (always referred to as the invasion or the war, but never Iraq or potentially Afghanistan) is “unforeseeable” before telling journalists under pressure that you have to conquer a mountain of conflict on the path of peace. These mistakes place him in the middle of a diplomatic mine-field as both, the anti-war constabulary led by General Miller (James Gandolfini) and the Assistant Secretary of Diplomacy Karen Clark (Mimi Kennedy), and the gung-ho supporter of war Linton Barwick (David Rasche) - so crazy he keeps a live grenade as a paperweight - want Simon as a transatlantic partner to support their cause. Should he put his conscience or his political career first? Oh, and throw in hilariously vicious Senior British Press Office Malcolm Tucker (Peter Capaldi) and a bumbling Advisor to the minster (Toby played by Chris Addison) and you have one of the best political satires to come from Britain in years.

What makes the film work so well is the incredibly sharp witty script from a collaboration of writers that keeps the gag-per-minute counter ticking. Every meeting, confrontation political mishap is cradled with joke after joke whether they are subtle references to the cynicism and underhandedness in the current (or foregone) political climate or simply one of Malcolm Tucker’s fantastic rants – “I’m going to tear out your shinbone, split it in two and stab you to f**king death with it” - at ineptitude of everybody around him. Every actor and actress involved give solid performances as the flawed members of the tense political world. While Simon’s central story keeps the film on the ground despite a few diplomatic detours (that are still hilarious, even though they take up little of the running of time).

Armando Iannucci has already proven to the British public that he can create entertainment for the TV-masses and ‘In The Loop’ proves he also has the skills to replicate this on a wider, international, big-screen scale as well. It’s intelligent, it’s offensive, and it’s bleeding funny. See this film!

makeshyft

Now that's how it's done. Pay attention, people.

Mav.

haha, couldn't have scripted that any better lol.gif .

Last good film/s I saw was the LOTR Trilogy. I say good film because I've seen some pretty sh*tty ones since then. Ie. Max Payne and Green Street Hooligans 2. I mean wtf is with that. Not one scene about football except for some brawl that happens while attempting to play a match.

Anyway, I hadn't seen any of the trilogy since probably the first time they originally were released. I remember The Two Towers being my favourite, mainly for the battle at Helms Deep, but after watchign them again, The Fellowship, was much more appealing. It was more...exciting, more mysterious. I dunno, just more enjoyable. Two Towers was great but had nothing on the first. The Return of the King was just a great wrap up of events. I didn't realise how f*cking annoying Frodo was though up until the final one. f*cking hell, if it wasn't for Sam, Middle Earth would have been f*cked. Frodo did jack sh*t and just claimed the recognition.

But apart from that, these 3 films really are masterpieces. New Zealand is a beautiful place and I'd love to visit there one day. It's bloody close enough so I have no excuse (apart from the annoying locals).

Slamman

I mentioned how I never read those stories but really enjoyed the movie trilogy.

Been looking to find them in my stash, but only located one of the DVDs. I know I had them all at one point. I was hoping to get the reissued deluxe versions. Another reason I haven't bought Almost Famous, I've been hoping for the deluxe package to buy.

RE: The Negotiator, I concur, that film was excellent, what more do you need then "Two Thumbs Up"??? Siskel and Ebert of GTAF

Edited by Slamman

Guybrush Threepwood
Max Payne

After watching that movie, I had a newfound disrespect for the whole Max Payne franchise.

The Unvirginiser
Max Payne

After watching that movie, I had a newfound disrespect for the whole Max Payne franchise.

Same, after those excellent games, it had so much potential.

SLAYERMAGGOT

My last movie which i watched was "Faces of Death", it's a f*cking terrible, but othersites really interresting documentation about the dead and in which sick ways people dying.

The Jason

Fast & Furious. This movie is everything it needed to be. Unrealistic and amazing car chases, crazy scenarios, throwbacks to The Fast And The Furious, and somehow Brian O'Connor is in the FBI... which is another WTF kind of moment, especially when you consider what happened before the film and what happenes at the end of the film.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Departed, although I have seen this about 50 times, I cant get enough of it, by far one of the greatest films of all time, in my opinion. The film itself is full of big names, partly why it was so epic, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Jack Nicholson, Ray Winstone, Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen.

The Departed is one of the few films that I can watch over and over, Scorsese is just brilliant.

McLovin2404

You Dont Mess With The Zohan.

Ridiculously stupid movie. I cant get enough of it. Believe me in this. biggrin.gif

Slamman

I was looking at renting Zohan... but I am watching my own collection on projection, this time, Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers....1994

If you watch this again, you'll see the excised clips with Denis Leary, for example, and Oliver explains how his film is an endictment of morally bankrupt society and the media feeding frenzy. It still makes it's statement today.

Guybrush Threepwood

Woody Harrelson looks so cool with those sunglasses on.

Last movie I saw was Striking Distance, 'twas on TV. It's that movie with Bruce Willis, where he plays a cop, on the water. It's kind of a standard action movie, but it's nice to watch every now and again. 'sides, what else is on TV?

beavis

Yakuza's Law:

user posted image

Great f*cking movie. Has all the likings you would want out of a late 60's/early 70's japaneese gangster film. Not to mention all the cheesy but well played out gore.

TETSUO, IF YOU'RE READING THIS. YOU NEED TO WATCH IT.

SIKKS66

Movie: Dog Day Afternoon

Opinion: Saw it a few years ago so I thought I'd give it another watch. Great movie with superb performances from Pacino and Cazale who put in performances as probably the two most hapless bank robbers in the history of cinema. After the first hour the movie kinda slows a bit but for fans of Pacino and fans of movies like Phonebooth (what with the whole continual standoff theme) I'd recommend this movie.

Effy in Chains

Downfall:

user posted image

Excellent in every way, it was in my opinion an accurate portrayal of events and the acting was top notch, especially by Bruno Ganz who truly played the role of Adolf Hitler masterfully, capturing the insanity, fury and bitter disappointment of the führer in his people.

DemonKing

Unbreakable.

One of Shymalan's only good films. It was a different take on the whole superhero genre, I thought the plot was a bit oddly paced, and it ended very quickly and almost felt a bit cheated at the end, still it wasn't one of his movies when the twist was f*cking lame (The Village), but the acting was solid, and the plot not too bad apart from being oddly paced.

I'd rate it about 7/10

makeshyft
One of Shymalan's only good films.

I agree. It's a film that most people don't 'get', but it's a great watch if you do.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

I guess I'm one of the people that don't get it, because I see it as one of his worst films. And the twist surprise, f*cking preposterous. A cripple terrorist blowing sh*t up/causing mayhem, with the outlandish hope that he'll discover an invincible man to be the hero, to his villain. Are you f*cking kidding me?

And the ending was so dumb/rushed/lame. It ended with words on screen, as if it was a real life story. Get real. Bruce becoming a hero, and his "big moment" was so bad. It was just so bad, with like 3 or 4 good scenes out of the whole thing. It's a movie you can only call passable if you see it on TV. Wasting money at the theater, ouch.

FullMetal
Downfall:

Excellent in every way, it was in my opinion an accurate portrayal of events and the acting was top notch, especially by Bruno Ganz who truly played the role of Adolf Hitler masterfully, capturing the insanity, fury and bitter disappointment of the führer in his people.

+ 1... movie should be shown in history class to be honest. People need to see both sides of the war.

And Downfall is/was a step in the right direction... it caused alot of controversy in Germany and in other countries (including Belgium). But that was because of small minded individuals who can't stand the fact that Hitler was a HUMAN BEING. That German people/soldiers were HUMAN BEINGS back then.

Anyways, the next step is a Band of Brothers about a group of German soldiers...

makeshyft
I guess I'm one of the people that don't get it, because I see it as one of his worst films. And the twist surprise, f*cking preposterous. A cripple terrorist blowing sh*t up/causing mayhem, with the outlandish hope that he'll discover an invincible man to be the hero, to his villain. Are you f*cking kidding me?

And the ending was so dumb/rushed/lame. It ended with words on screen, as if it was a real life story. Get real. Bruce becoming a hero, and his "big moment" was so bad. It was just so bad, with like 3 or 4 good scenes out of the whole thing. It's a movie you can only call passable if you see it on TV. Wasting money at the theater, ouch.

Take it easy. Most people say they hate it because the 'twist' was lame, but was it even meant to be a twist? I just viewed it as a development, and as a development it was fine.