3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

papanesta

Last Movie You've Seen

Crokey

Please post more than just the title. 

We don't need a War and Peace essay on the film, but at least give a couple of sentences of good and bad points and even throw in a rating if you want to, as long as you give some rationale.

Message added by Crokey

Lonely-Martin

Do love an old action flick and just the other day I caught Steven Segal's Out For Justice. (Probably the 50th time, but it's been a while).

As I said, I must of watched that and many similar films so many times as a young'un, but it struck me just how violent this film still is compared to today's movies. Pretty simple Segal film of course, and no big hit with the critics at the time. 

William Forsythe steals his scenes, seems to really enjoy his role there. I believe I read Seagal was concerned by this and pulled weight (Could be internet pap). But it was a real blast to watch. Plenty of swearing too. The movie's just got that tough edge I like in these flicks.

Don't wanna say the line in case it's a spoiler, and it's no Arnie, but damn if it isn't funny and one to remember.

(And now to read the thread during my cloud sim time, hope I find a forgotten gem).

§†range

I just watched A Star Is Born starring Bradley Cooper with Lady GaGa. Honestly this film prolonged into over two hours of a very underwhelming plot and character development that was too quickly paced in my opinion. The trailer itself was more exciting than the events that take place throughout this story. Of course if you want to watch over two hours of a love story typical of most modern relationships with dysfunctional narcissists I recommend this film, otherwise save your money and eat popcorn at home.

Mister Pinkerton
2 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Do love an old action flick and just the other day I caught Steven Segal's Out For Justice. (Probably the 50th time, but it's been a while).

As I said, I must of watched that and many similar films so many times as a young'un, but it struck me just how violent this film still is compared to today's movies. Pretty simple Segal film of course, and no big hit with the critics at the time. 

William Forsythe steals his scenes, seems to really enjoy his role there. I believe I read Seagal was concerned by this and pulled weight (Could be internet pap). But it was a real blast to watch. Plenty of swearing too. The movie's just got that tough edge I like in these flicks.

Don't wanna say the line in case it's a spoiler, and it's no Arnie, but damn if it isn't funny and one to remember.

(And now to read the thread during my cloud sim time, hope I find a forgotten gem).

That film has one of the greatest bar fight scenes in existence. 

Lonely-Martin
4 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

That film has one of the greatest bar fight scenes in existence. 

Really was, very entertaining still and though Segal is no Tom Hanks, he really is at home throwing guys around there. Man delivered back then.

GTA-Biker

I watched From Dusk Til Dawn last night, it's a really good movie.I like the twist how the movie starts as a regular crime movie,but then it suddenly turns into a horror movie when the vampires appear and start slaughtering everyone.I also like the special effects and an interesting designs for vampires (from the ones that look like the ones from Buffy, to scaly reptilian looking ones, to a giant hairless rat monster that one of the characters turns into).

Craigsters

Lsdfe9e.jpg

The Hills Have Eyes (2006) - IMDb I like to watch old  horror movies I watched before and have the encore  movies that play old films going back to the 1930's, the hill's have eyes was   good, had to turn the sound down earlier on with the screaming because my  neighbor across the hall leaves her door open and her grand kids play in the hall, I don't need them calling the cops on me thinking I'm  killing someone, I like Wes Craven films too, worth  a re-watch every ten years or so!..  

aliovalio
Johnny English Strikes Again 2018 . I love Mr. Bean !
Edited by aliovalio

Arrows to Athens

Halloween (2018)

Halloween-2018-banner.jpg?fit=1920,1080&

Retconning all the previous sequels, Halloween 2018 takes place 40 years after the 1978 original. Shortly after the ending of the original, Michael was recaptured and locked up in Smith's Grove for 40 years. Laurie, now a grandmother, has been preparing for many years for Michael's inevitable return, and when Michael escapes once again, all hell breaks loose, and it is now in her hands to protect her family and finally put a stop to him.

I loved it. A great and intense sequel to the original. I also liked how it paid homage to most of the previous Halloween entries. The score was well done, too. I would give it a 8/10.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

aliovalio

I re watched Blow last night. One of my favorite film. :))

SleepoKing

Mara. A horror movie about sleep paralysis and sleep demon. Pretty nice, you guys should check it out ;)

anthony

91ET35DMWKL._RI_SX200_.jpg

What a sad story but it is what it is..great movie with great performance, especially Casey Affleck and Sam Rockwell; I really liked the music and the cinematography, phenomenal..

✞✞✞

The Black Dahlia (2006) third time

Miamivicecity

Just watched Joe Dirt for the 100th time. Even though this movie is by no means a masterpiece (its sequel is just trash however) I've always liked it for its overt cheesiness. It always makes me laugh when Christopher Walken's character Clem makes threats to stab someone in the face with a soldering iron lol.

Oh yeah and when this movie was released in 2001 15 year old me got a bit happy in the pants watching this...

Still do. Jesus Christ. I could stare at that arse all day long:ph34r:

Neon_Dreaming

avengers-infinity-war-poster-1093756.jpe

I watched Avengers Infinity War, superhero movies are a dime a dozen these days but this was genuinely good, the villian was actually interesting, something which is lacking in superhero movies, the screen time for the large cast was balanced well, perfectly balanced as all things should be- sorry, couldn't resist ;)

it was an enjoyable movie, mixing action and humour well, looking forward to the next one.

GTA3Rockstar

Jumanji with the Rock

GTA-Biker

I watched a few comedy movies recently,including Tropic Thunder (awesome movie,Robert Downey Jr. was especially funny), Zoolander (really funny too), The Other Guys (it was funny too,especially the scenes with Will Ferrell's character's Toyota Prius) and Daddy's Home (I liked that movie too).I also plan to watch Anchorman 1 and 2,and Talladega Nights soon.