Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,438 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

papanesta

Last Movie You've Seen

Kiffster

Dunkirk - yet another Christopher Nolan snoozefest. Don't understand why his movies are always so highly rated because I think he's one of the worst directors.

Dunkirk was hard to follow at first and incredibly boring pretty much throughout. All the young main characters looked the same to me, the story was pretty repetitive (silence, look up, duck! Dogfight. Silence, look up, duck!! Dogfight. Get on boat, it sinks, get on another boat, it sinks....) and for a war movie there's not a single drop of blood. Where's the godmamn blood yo??? That plus most of the explosions looked like small firecrackers and it didn't look like it would cause much damage.

Was hoping to see a war movie but what I got was a family friendly drama. Also the constant soundtrack was really off-putting. Like Assassins Creed.

Some parts were beautifully shot though like Nolan's previous movies, but that's about the only positive I can think of. Worst, most boring ""war"" movie I think I've seen

Leftist Bastard

So it's the most boring war film you've ever seen because it's actually different and unique rather than just another Saving Private Ryan knock off?

Good to know.

Kiffster

Yes we all have different tastes buddy. And yes it's absolutely the most boring war movie. It's a boring movie period. Just like every other Nolan movie. I love war movies for their action, that's why I watch them. Don't know why you think modern war movies are knock-offs of Saving Private Ryan.

Also recently watched Hacksaw Ridge which I absolutely loved. Great movie. Great because, again, it had tons of action and a decent story. Both of which were seriously lacking in Dunkirk.

Efreet

Get Out

Was a really fun psychological thriller

LittleBlueTroll

I watched Rise Of The Footsoldier last night on Amazon Video. Seen it before a couple times, but I enjoyed it all the same. Can't beat an OTT, London gangster flick every now and again.

Leftist Bastard

Yes we all have different tastes buddy. And yes it's absolutely the most boring war movie. It's a boring movie period. Just like every other Nolan movie. I love war movies for their action, that's why I watch them. Don't know why you think modern war movies are knock-offs of Saving Private Ryan.

Also recently watched Hacksaw Ridge which I absolutely loved. Great movie. Great because, again, it had tons of action and a decent story. Both of which were seriously lacking in Dunkirk.

Yes most modern war movies [even the good ones like Fury] tend to play on SPR in some way or another. The ultra violent, ''war iz bad u guys'' archetype works good for like the first ten time but by the 20th you kind of want something new.

Hacksaw is a perfect demonstration of that. It is undeniably a good movie based off of a fascinating story but the acclaim it got was largely overblown.

Kiffster

Don't agree with any of that. Still no idea what you're talking about with regards to SPR. Only thing modern war movies have in common with SPR is that they're set during war.

And I don't know what acclaim Hacksaw got. All I know is I loved it because it's my idea of a good war movie.

But cool, all I'm saying is Dunkirk sucked.

Lucius M. Galloway

Logan. Had recorded it on HBO, and watched it over 2 days. There has never been a better super hero movie, or a better ending to a character than a film like that. That was some excellent writing, acting, and overall, just an awesome f*cking adventure.

Could have went without the whole sappy, western sh*t though.

John Wick: Chapter 3 may drop some more jaws, we'll see.

Meedo

American Made

I slept in the middle of the movie, I don't know if that counts :p

Jimmy

Was a bit late on this one. Got a Blu-Ray version though. Still much than the first part.

When their headquarters are destroyed and the world is held hostage, the Kingsman's journey leads them to the discovery of an allied spy organization in the US. These two elite secret organizations must band together to defeat a common enemy.

Mr_Rager

The Equalizer

Solid Denzel kicks ass movie, starts out dancing and laughing with co workers, ends up as, well, you can probably guess.

Payne Killer

THAT'S MY BIKE PUNK

Edited by Payne Killer

LiangHuBBB

jeepers creepers 3

the first 2 movies were so much better

Payne Killer

1, f*ck your momma, 2 f*ck your sister, 3 f*ck your grandma, and most all f*ck you.

lmao

Spaghetti Cat

Watched the classic Bond flick Goldfinger the other night. Looks really good in 4k, Lowes did a great job with the restoration.

Just a good movie all around and great to see a young Sean Connery as the best of all the Bonds doing his thing. Would recommend if you haven't seen this one or just to re-visit a classic Bond before some of the wackier elements took over.

Mister Pink

819x8jLK-qL._SY355_.jpg

Great film. Really batsh*t crazy story which I have a vague recollection of when I was kid. It's quite disturbing and quite funny at the same time, how the film deals with domestic violence. The shock and dismay at the violence is there but then they add some dark humour. It doesn't detract. I needs it. Otherwise, it's would just be too cruel. There's a definitely a place for humour in the dark dramas and this film does it well, in my opinion. Or maybe you can call it a trage-comedy or black comedy. I'm guessing this will be Oscar nominated, not sure what category though.

Neon_Dreaming

Watched the classic Bond flick Goldfinger the other night. Looks really good in 4k, Lowes did a great job with the restoration.

Just a good movie all around and great to see a young Sean Connery as the best of all the Bonds doing his thing. Would recommend if you haven't seen this one or just to re-visit a classic Bond before some of the wackier elements took over.

Goldfinger is quality, that and From Russia With Love are my favourites.

LiangHuBBB

just watched bright

such a good movie!

Mister Pink

Just watched Ladybird. What can I say? You wont like it if you aren't in to comedy-drama's that really just focus on character and interpersonal relationships. It's a solid, coming-of-age film staring Saoirse Ronan. Saoirse Ronan is a great actress, not being biased because she's Irish, but she's genuinely talented. Maybe our friends in the U.S. can tell us if she pulled off the accent OK? The film is about Saoirse Ronan's character making that transition from a teenage girl to a young woman and from high school to college. The relationship with her Mother is done so well, it's very believable. He Mother, although quite loving has issues with expressing her love for her daughter possibly due to the fact that her own Mother was a terrible alcoholic. She can be passive aggressive and very loving and supportive at the same time. This all feeds in to Saoirse Ronan's "Ladybird" character.

Also, I was around her age during the time of which this film is set. Her character is so believable. She does all the things a teenager does. Things we look back at and kind of cringe on. Things that may seem trivial now but were huge things growing up. This is where the film excels. It's all rather very believable. These films are much harder to make than one may think. It doesn't have the heavyweight of explosions, murders or prison escapes. It's how the characters behave and Ronan's character development.

This is one of those films that isn't a thriller or a murder mystery. It's just a solid capture of human life and growing up. It's not a documentary but it may as well me if that makes sense? Not stylistically or visually but the way it captures the human side of life. That sounds a bit like some pretentious mumbo jumbo and it probably is.

I'm glad to have seen it but wont ever feel compelled to watch it again. I reckon this might go for an Oscar. I mean yeah.. OK. I think most Oscar films not overrated but somewhere between overrated and just in their own category.. maybe slightly generic in terms of things that a film must hit in terms of judges and audience appreciation.

Its written and directed by Greta Gerwig who did Frances Ha.

1200x630bb.jpg

Queen
Posted (edited)

I watched Baby Driver. I was thoroughly entertained. My favorite moments of course are whenever Brighton Rock by Queen is used. So awesome.

Edited by Queen

GTA-Biker

There's lots of good movies on TV today,first I watched Lady And The Tramp, then Pirates Of The Caribbean 1, and right now I'm watching Guardians Of The Galaxy 2.

piko

Watched Seven Samurai, very long movie but nevertheless excellent.

Kiffster

Spirited Away for like the 100th time. Still an absolute masterpiece and as amazing as the first time I saw it. Think I should try and find every Studio Ghibli movie ever made, especially those made by Miyazaki.

Femme Fatale

King Cobra. James Franco is so deep in the closet, lol.

Sauce béarnaise

The snowman, fairly dissapointed

YouSitTightBuddy

Lucky Logan.

Great film and Daniel Craig with that Southern drawl always cracks me up.

Edited by YouSitTightBuddy

Vigilante88

I've seen quite a few since the last time I posted here but I only remember the most recent..

Bad Moms Christmas

Creep 2

Wind River

Dunkirk

..I liked them all. Dunkirk was ok but I didn't think it was as good as it was made out to be. Definitely lacks action, it's just all suspense for the most part. Could of did without the kid stuff and used that time for a little more action.

Bad Moms Christmas was funny of course. I could see how some may think it's a little over the top/over saturated but it was pretty funny. Plus, Mila Kunis. I'll love her in anything. ..or nothing. Giggity

Wind River was good. Better than I thought it would be. I would recommend it if you're looking for a real/sad story.

Creep 2.. what a enjoyable surprise. I stumbled upon it by accident. It grabbed my attention from the start and kept it throughout the whole movie. Another one that proves that you don't always need a huge budget and a bunch of CGI etc. to keep one entertained. I liked Sara so I hope she comes back for another one, or at least for the beginning of another one.

Justice League again and I really wanna see the other version that people keep talking about. The one that don't exist.

Kingsman 2 again and I'm never gonna get over the way they handled Roxy.

Smh didn't even get to see her in action or anything. Still pisses me off. I liked her and Merlin just as much as Harry and Eggsy, so I'm not happy about all that stuff, but I still love the movie and I'm looking forward to another one. I like Tilde and everything but I wish they would of put her in the apartment instead of Brandon.. and kept Roxy out of the f*cking HQ. Her and Eggsy were perfect for each other. They could of scrapped the whole Prince/Kingsman thing that they have going on so they can use that time to focus more on just the Kingsman stuff. But whatever, it's still a good movie and I'm sure the next one will be too.

Evil empire

I just saw The expendables 2 and it's exactly the kind of action movie I love. That was very enjoyable to see, I'm glad the 4th episode will likely be released this year.

piko

The Wrestler, touching movie of a retiring wrestler who finds outside of the ring he has nothing left.