2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat

beavis

Hmm.. we'll get new clothing when we finish the side mission. That's pretty cool and weird too. Where did you get that info?

I Hope there will be clothing shops like in Grand Theft Auto.

I got the info from the IGN article.

Link

It`s a really interesting read. It`s broken down into two parts, you can find the link to the other part on that page.

I`ve been trying to read between the lines for anything related to DLC

We didn't want it to be pompous and overly serious. We wanted it to feel like a representation of all the madness and insanity that the American west seemed to have in itself quite realistically…The Wild Bunch has got an amazing tone, so if we got anywhere close to that we would be honored…We wanted it to feel serious but at the same time the characters are not depressives. It's not a Bergman film. They're not sitting there wondering about the meaning of life, they're outlaws trying to figure out what they're going to do and how they're going to move forward and get what they're going to get. It's not trying to be wacky…it's trying to be raw and energized

Perhaps I`m reading too much into it, but he does talk about characters in the plural - characters that have choices to make, like protagonists for example.

Edited by II J0SePh X II

Sorry about the double post, but the official website has been updated.

link

You can now pre-order a copy of RDR which, if nothing else, says it`s in its final stages of pruduction

Boxart

user posted image

Sorry about the double post, but the official website has been updated.

link

You can now pre-order a copy of RDR which, if nothing else, says it`s in its final stages of pruduction

Boxart

user posted image

That's a sexy cover right there. Reminds me of the opening credits to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly a little bit.

Is there any 'Special Edition' for Read Dead Redemption?  I'll probably pre-order this game in the UK, since I can't pre-order on Rockstar Warehouse.  Game looks fantastic as well.

Edit: Just checked in my Mail Inbox and it quotes from Rockstar Propaganda:

Following the recent unveiling of the debut trailer for Red Dead Redemption - the first glimpse of the game in action...

Don't miss IGN's extended first look coverage which includes exclusive interviews and '5 Reasons to Love Red Dead Redemption'.

I get this error when I try to watch it, it's asking for a password and User Name, anyone else receiving this?

Yeah I get that too. Just press cancel and it will come right up. The debut trailer is now missing from the site tho.

^^You are getting the same page as me. The update has put a link to the pre-order and taken the trailer away somehow!

I got that email.

There is no new trailer, footage or gameplay...just two articles.

s0h607k.jpg

Damn, i'm only half way through the first page of the interview and it's so f*cking awesome. I didn't expect it to be so cool. Open world wild west. I can imagine me riding on a horse into the sunset while the song from 'The good, the bad and the ugly' plays. cool.gifShifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gificon14.gifcookie.giflol.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

edit: The only problem is though, Dan Houser said that there is still no police force at that time only a marshall. So I guess there won't be awesome shoot outs with authorities or something?

Edited by 1ManArmy

A french site said that you can kill all the people who live in a little town and make it a ghost town . They also mention if you do some crimes there will be a wanted dead or alive poster and some bounty killers will hunt you.

Jackal1337

i hope you can steal horse in this >:D

Grand Theft Horse!

AzamatR123

I have one question for everyone... I have never played the Red Dead series so I don't know what happens when you die. Is it like the GTA series where you go to the hospital when you die? or is it something else? And also is the "death" gory like the GTA's? So you can see what happens when you get hit by a train?

Please reply,

Thanks wink.gif

I have one question for everyone... I have never played the Red Dead series so I don't know what happens when you die. Is it like the GTA series where you go to the hospital when you die? or is it something else? And also is the "death" gory like the GTA's? So you can see what happens when you get hit by a train?

Please reply,

Thanks wink.gif

Nobody outside of R* knows yet what happens when you die or where you respawn in RDR, it shares little with the original. The game is using the same euphoria enhanced active ragdolls, so you`ll see similar deaths to GTA IV. As for the gore, they are reworking the particle physics of the blood, so that will be different.

There`s some nice blood splatters throughout this clip from The Wild Bunch (one of the inspirations for the game)

Edited by II J0SePh X II

As for the gore, they are reworking the particle physics of the blood, so that will be different.

There`s some nice blood splatters throughout this clip from The Wild Bunch (one of the inspirations for the game)

Wow that would be cool!

The gore in GTA IV was amazing. I hope Redemption will have a better realistic gore than GTA IV.

Creed Bratton

Please reply,

Thanks wink.gif

There was only one "Read dead Revolver" game before this one. And it was level based. So when you die you start of from checkpoint. It's probably different in Read Dead Redemption cause in free roaming games you are not necessarily doing any missions.

In the first game the characters were very animated, hopefully we wont really see people as insane as that, abit more gritty and real, more along the lines of call of juarez. There should be some vast improvements with the quickdrawing events and slow mo.

Anyone know the date in which this is set? Because I would love to see a Winchester 1887 lever action shotgun in this. Or the very first pump action.

Looking forward to the euphoria, shooting someone off a roof with a Single Action Army with that engine will be great.

Dont want gore, just hilarious ragdoll effects and classic "BLARGH!" noises with deaths.

kT8ve9H.png

Nice find icon14.gif Although whether it`s good news I don`t know. I thought lazlow was excellent in IV, but made it more comedy/satire (which I liked). Not sure how that will fit the tone of RDR tho.

He did a lot of other writing too in IV, so that`s what I guess he`ll be doing in RDR, and maybe a speaking part.

Do you mean this one Batik ? Edit: Actually they`ve used a few new screenshots to create the article Nice find Batik. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

Edited by II J0SePh X II

Actually they`ve used a few new screenshots to create the article Nice find Batik. icon14.gif  icon14.gif  icon14.gif

Yup, that's what I'm talking about. Btw, after I counted, there's a six new screenshots in that magz.

@II J0SePh X II

Hey fella, you're a big fan of Old West right? Just want to know your opinion. According to you, John Marston resemble to whom? Any thought?

For f*cks sake Rockstar or TakeTwo or whoever.

Instead of the October release for RDR, it has now been delayed until the window release of November 2009 and runs through till April 2010.

Along with Mafia 2

mad.gif

s0h607k.jpg

Ronmar The Only

I totally knew it was going to be delayed. I mean, what major Rockstar game isn't delayed at some point.

I'm not too worried, Ballad will be coming out around October now so I think that will help hold over many.

After seeing that video for Mafia II, I wasn't totally sold and hoped they take more time.

buffalosoulj4h20
I totally knew it was going to be delayed. I mean, what major Rockstar game isn't delayed at some point.

I'm not too worried, Ballad will be coming out around October now so I think that will help hold over many.

After seeing that video for Mafia II, I wasn't totally sold and hoped they take more time.

And ofcourse Episode 2 will be delayed. lol It's like some trend. Not just for Rstar, but for most game companies now-a-days. ''Hey, lets give a false release date, so we can change it later on for kicks.'' ''Brilliant!''. *someone laughs villianously*.

@II J0SePh X II

Hey fella, you're a big fan of Old West right? Just want to know your opinion. According to you, John Marston resemble to whom? Any thought?

Charles Bronson, Gary Cooper, Patrick Swayze all moulded into one.

user posted image

As for the delay, I couldn`t see them putting it up against Episodes of Liberty City. To celebrate this delay they should give us another teaser. Oh go on!

Edited by II J0SePh X II

@II J0SePh X II

As for the delay, I couldn`t see them putting it up against Episodes of Liberty City. To celebrate this delay they should give us another teaser. Oh go on!

f*ck that how about stop delaying it. OR only set release dates they know they can f*cking hold down.

And Charles Bronson is way too cool for that sh*t. Him and his lawrence fishburn stopping Beretta 84.

kT8ve9H.png

@II J0SePh X II

f*ck that how about stop delaying it. OR only set release dates they know they can f*cking hold down.

And Charles Bronson is way too cool for that sh*t. Him and his lawrence fishburn stopping Beretta 84.

And through a boom box no less

OysterBarron

Hi guys i heard this on radio 1 yesterday so i uploaded for you, talks about horses and a few other game features.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

CryptReaperDorian

Actually I don't think RDR is a correct abbreviation for this game because the first was called Red Dead Revolver which is also RDR. This game was originally called Red Dead Revolver 2 so it is best abbreviated to RDR2. It might be possible to also call it GTH (Grand Theft Horse) because it is made by R* and is a sandbox game. I have a feeling that the map may be larger than SA (if it wasn't confirmed what size it already is). Since it's going to be for the PC I can imagine the mods people will make. It'll be funny when somebody puts a M4 into the game and first people will be like "What the f*ck is that?" and then they will be running for the hills when one of their horses has 30 bullets into it after 5 seconds. biggrin.gif