• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JOSEPH X

• ryanhunter_rfc

• Old_BenKenobi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more early RDR concept art by an artist at Rockstar! Includes Revolver bonuses.   https://www.behance.net/gallery/28959431/Video-Games http://archive.is/Kzbb1   Imgur link with original desc

Red Dead Redemption, absolutely one of the best video games ever made in the history of gaming. Every single meticulous detail was in the right place, making the game something uniquely suggestive. It

In discussions on Twitter, our own @LegacyKillaHD found on Reddit some very, VERY early screenshots of RDR, including concept stage screenshots on a developer's portfolio. As this happened and we star

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Yeah, and there's lot of other cool things in those IGN exclusives. Such as:

* The main character, John Marston, is a reformed bank robber and member of an outlaw gang who left that world and started to raise his family in more orthodox surroundings, then gets sucked back into that world by forces outside of his control to go and look for a character who used to be in a gang with him out in a different part of the world he doesn't know. As you play through the game, you start to uncover more about his backstory and his family life and these characters that he's looking for and how their relationships are entwined and what went down between them.

* "Lots and lots of things are being set up to happen around you in a very organic way, be it wild animals to interact with or wild characters to interact with. There's constantly stuff to see and engage with or just watch engage with itself." While exploring you might see an NPC spontaneously rob another, then in the middle of the act a mountain lion might pounce on the criminal. Rockstar is saying hundreds and hundreds of possible interactions like this are being infused into the world to make it seem more lively and authentic. "It doesn't feel...triggered…There's stuff you'll never see again with the way things interact…We want to constantly surprise the player and make them interested in the world they are traversing just the same as if it was a city-based game."

* When these types of situations do pop up, Rockstar wants to give players a choice in the matter in pursuit of a reward. Should you act as the villain or hero, and ultimately how does that affect how the world views Marston in Redemption? "You can pick and choose if you want to get involved, and if you do, how you want to get involved…You accomplish the action, you get the reward, and it impacts your underlying statistics in terms of how much people like you. If you go around robbing loads of people, then people will start setting up posses and putting up wanted posters for you and make it harder for you to wander through built up areas…In certain areas missions might get shut off until you start to behave more normally."

* "Story-wise it'll work similarly to how Bully or GTA worked," said Houser. "You'll have a load of missions open at any one time, so you'll have the choice of 'do I go and do a mission for him or do I go and do a mission for them'…Our main goal with a game like this or with any game is giving the player freedom over what they do next. There's always a ton of other activities, both mission-based and non mission-based to go and do."

* For the main storyline, making choices like determining whether characters live or die will be minimal. To quote Houser, "There'll be tiny, tiny amounts of that for the main story. For the side activities you've got complete choice over that."

* These primary missions will be fairly lengthy, so much so that Rockstar is implementing restart checkpoints in some so that if you should fail, you don't have to repeat the entire challenge over again. "Some of them have long rides in them, and we've tried to make them as fun and as interesting as we could manage, but you may not wish to repeat it so you won't have to. I think in terms of missions there's slightly less than in a GTA game but they're longer in length."

* Curbing things like character cursing was important for Rockstar in trying to maintain a consistency of style and mood. "The swearing is the big thing. The rules were not set in stone, so we did break them several times when it felt appropriate to break them, but swearing was in a different style. So we obviously have a little bit of swearing in the game, as we seem to have foul mouths, but it's hopefully in a period-appropriate way. And not people screaming 'motherf*cker' every fifth word.

* During our demo with the game we got the impression from the realistic death animations the physics tech allows for that Rockstar was aiming for a heightened level of violence. "We're reworking the blood at the moment. I don't think we'll be having the shooting off of body parts, but that's just down to technology not a lack of desire…I would go so far to say that what it adds to the experience is it's vital for the experience and themes that we wanted to depict. We didn't want it to feel like those old Saturday afternoon TV shows, matinee movie Westerns where people kind of get shot and crumble and die very quickly, very carefully off-camera. I think there was a certain amount of blood and gore and gruesomeness, [which] was vital for the game to have the weight that we wanted it to have. It's not generally something where we didn't think it was being gratuitous at all. We thought it was vital for it to properly depict these kind of characters and this kind of world, the violence had to feel slightly raw and unpleasant. That's all still being tuned visually as we get all the final bits of the appropriate particle systems working, I think we're trying to find that sweet spot where it doesn't feel over-the-top but you feel there's blood. You don't feel these are just people being shot and dying with dignity. They're not. They're being shot and they're dying scared and miserable like everyone else would die. And I think that's what we wanted to try and capture."

* Another game system present in the original Red Dead Revolver making a return in Redemption is dueling, something that's yet to be finalized. "It'll be not exactly a mini-game because it's life and death, but like a mini-game type activity." So how do you actually go about dueling? "We're figuring out all this at the moment. There won't be like 'I'm the dueling guy!' because you'll kill him…There'll be a bunch of people, but they won't be standing in a line. There'll be a bunch of antagonistic people whom you may duel, but you won't be able to walk up to nice Mrs. Perkins and slap her in the face and say 'I challenge you to a duel, madam' because that would feel ridiculous. You can kill her if you want, but you won't be able to duel with her…There's so many mini-games and side activities, things you can do and ways you can interact with people, that not everyone can do everything just from the sheer volume of dialogue you would need to do it. We tried to be clever with that so there's still thousands and thousands of lines of dialogue and thousands of options and what seems like a lot of people you can play five finger filet with or go and drink in the bar with or play cards, or people you can fight or run in a posse with or be chased by or whatever, but not everyone can do absolutely everything."

* "A vast amount of pleasure in any game is just sitting and watching the world go by, and that's something that we've really tried to push in this world. In parts of the map where appropriate you'll see soldiers grab hold of people, just line them up along a wall and shoot them. So there'll be hopefully tons of that kind of stuff and you can sit and passively observe the world without you having to cause all the trouble."

* Once you have moved through the world, unlocked every area and completed the story then, what's the plan for an endgame in Red Dead Redemption? "There is…hopefully an interesting twist with all of that compared to what we've done in the past. But I can't tell you that just yet because that wouldn't be fair. But we're trying to make it fun to keep playing after you finish the story and then after you get to 100 percent on all of the stats and other things you can do."

* There'll be multiplayer as well. "Charging around on horses and stagecoaches and trains, shooting each other in a multiplayer world. It's pretty epic, but it's not finalized to talk about in any more detail than that. We're still learning a lot as we learn how to do multiplayer games successfully. We definitely feel there's something really fun about third-person multiplayer games, just as we feel there's something really fun with third-person single-player games…Even between GTA IV and the Lost and Damned we made quite a leap forward in how the games were structured and how they played and I think we're looking to do that again with everything we do going forward."

Will post more later if anyone wants, or is too lazy to read the IGN articles.

we're trying to make it fun to keep playing after you finish the story and then after you get to 100 percent on all of the stats and other things you can do

Sounds to me like they`ve listened to the people who were complaining about the lack of such features in IV as compared to SA.

As for bounty hunting, I wonder if the `bounty` will appear as a blip on the mini-map like "Most Wanted" and "Vigilante" from IV. Or whether you`ll be putting a wanted poster in your inventory to reference later, which would be more like Stevies "Car Thefts", also from IV.

I also went to Waterstones today an bought Blood Meridian & Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides (non-fiction))

Edited by II J0SePh X II

Is that true if we kill many folks, then the posse will hunt us down?

If yes, that would be the great game ever I play.

Do you think Rockstar will follow up what they did with GTA IV, and release DLC episodes with RDR, and/or the way R* San Diego did with MCLA Dub Edition?

Do you even want them to do DLC of any Kind? Maps, weps etc.

How do you think it would be presented? I`m pondering three characters with intertwining stories...hmm...sounds familiar. Perhaps a `good` character, a bad one, and an ugly one...hmmm...that does too.

Whatever!...I`d welcome it as long as the stories were tight, the gameplay was excellent and it was value for money.

DLC seems to be a normal thing for games today. Whether it's a sports, action, puzzle or simulation type game, DLC has proven to be an effective way to keep players tuned in longer so I see no reason why they wouldn't use the downloadable content. Not right away though, possibly 6-8 months after the game's release.

I'd much rather them just put all the content they can in the game rather than charge me for 2 hours of gameplay several months down the road. I dislike DLC.

I'd much rather them just put all the content they can in the game rather than charge me for 2 hours of gameplay several months down the road. I dislike DLC.

Well, then youd have to wait those extra several months to even play the game.

They usually dont make the DLC until after the game is finished, thats why its not put right into the game from the beginning.

I`m gonna wait til after DLC2 has come out before I decide if I want DLC in this. I`d accept no new weps if the DLC story was 10 missions longer. DLC2 is def not a day1 purchase for me like RDR is

Those things Don Garcia posted sound amazing and i'm getting pumped for it.

I can defently see DLC coming to this game and like a few people have said DLC seems to be on the agenda of the majority of games these days.

Well, then youd have to wait those extra several months to even play the game.

They usually dont make the DLC until after the game is finished, thats why its not put right into the game from the beginning.

I don't mind waiting a few more months for a game to come out. What I do mind is when they make a half-assed game with no features and nothing to do once the story is over, then expect you to pay for a few short missions maybe a few new features/weapons with DLC. f*ck that.

user posted imageI don`t think I`ve seen this screeny yet

user posted imageOr this `un, at least on this thread anyway. Apologies if it aint new 2u

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by II J0SePh X II

Damn, how is the player supposed to survive a situation like the one in the first pic there? I know Rstar is keeping it realistic where guns don't exactly fire where you aim, and I can't imagine it gets any easier on horseback. But that seems like a no-win situation.

Damn, how is the player supposed to survive a situation like the one in the first pic there? I know Rstar is keeping it realistic where guns don't exactly fire where you aim, and I can't imagine it gets any easier on horseback. But that seems like a no-win situation.

The others aren't the crack shot you are.

Boom! Problem solved. Looks damn awesome to me, riding with those guys behind you. You just know that at some point, you'll do a 180 and kick some ass.

EDIT: Sorry if I came across as a douche.

Edited by Gronf

EDIT: Sorry if I came across as a douche.

Haha, you did at first, but this edit changed that. Yeah, I guess, but I hope that isn't the case with every enemy, because that seems too easy. I would like to shoot it out with some frustratingly accurate men, if only for a change of pace.

We need a forum for this one. Anyone know if there one out there already? Or they gonna make one here?

This is gonna be sweet!

CubA_iLL_BrothA

i hope they have multi.

like the first one had vs. mode... me, my bro and sometimes my sis use to play

Well he could try to get some distance and use his ...SCOPED SNIPER RIFLE! OMG!

user posted image

1903 Springfield?

We need a forum for this one. Anyone know if there one out there already? Or they gonna make one here?

I was thinking the same thing.

We need a forum for this one.  Anyone know if there one out there already? Or they gonna make one here?

I was thinking the same thing.

I don`t think they`ll make one here, but I made one back in Feb when it was announced. I`m gonna post the link but you`ll have to be patient with me it is very much a work in progress and I have zero experience of administrating a forum. It`s called Red Dead Forums, and you will find it here.

Red Dead Forums

I`m currently looking for a .com or a .net to make a fansite around RDR, so please feel free to join.

Lol, notice where the forum name shoul be it says "Forum Name". haha

user posted image

1903 Springfield?

Nope, that's Remington M1916, American version of Mosin-Nagant M1891.

Due to the desperate shortage of arms and the shortcomings of a still-developing domestic industry, the Russian government ordered 1.5 million M1891 infantry rifles from Remington Arms. Some of these rifles were not delivered before the outbreak of the October Revolution and the subsequent signing of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk which ended hostilities between the Central Powers and Russia.

user posted image

1903 Springfield?

Nope, that's Remington M1916, American version of Mosin-Nagant M1891.

Due to the desperate shortage of arms and the shortcomings of a still-developing domestic industry, the Russian government ordered 1.5 million M1891 infantry rifles from Remington Arms. Some of these rifles were not delivered before the outbreak of the October Revolution and the subsequent signing of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk which ended hostilities between the Central Powers and Russia.

It looks like it`s at least based on the Moisin Nagant

user posted image

Ah I thought they'd be using real weapons in this game, if its a 1918 rifle then thats a bit ghey, seeing as its set in 1908

Ah I thought they'd be using real weapons in this game, if its a 1918 rifle then thats a bit ghey, seeing as its set in 1908

The Moisin Nagant is from the 1890s

user posted image

This one looks more like a lever action Winchester, any ideas?

user posted image

The unmistakable Gattling gun. `On rails` mission confirmed?

user posted image

And a breech loading external hammer shotgun.

Wow, looks like R* tried to put as many weps teasers in the trailer as possible

Edited by II J0SePh X II

Man, I love Winchester Model 1895. Wish that rifle will appear in this game.

Btw, can we change the clothes? Is there any clothing shop in this game?

Man, I love Winchester Model 1895. Wish that rifle will appear in this game.

Btw, can we change the clothes? Is there any clothing shop in this game?

No confirmation of clothing shops as yet, but clothing will be earned as you complete the side-missions, such as hunting.

Yeah, kill a few snakes and get boots; kill a raccoon and sport the Davie Crockett look, etc.

Kill a 'gator and become a pimp and run a whore-house? biggrin.gif

Hmm.. we'll get new clothing when we finish the side mission. That's pretty cool and weird too. Where did you get that info?

I Hope there will be clothing shops like in Grand Theft Auto.