4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat

beavis

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

In all probability man, none of the dialogue is related. Just dramatic sound bites meshed together. I'm not reading into it. I consider it a teaser, I'll wait for the more official trailer.

Is just me, or does the woman's voice at the end of the trailer sound a bit like Juliette Lewis?

That IGN article as me like ten times more pumped for this game by the way. biggrin.gif

I think the game does look cracking and these are just probably early shots of the game, can't see why it's getting hate as graphics don't even make a good game.

The male voice saying "This is the land of opportunity mister." sounds so familiar but i can't think what from.

Shame it's not coming out unilt Autumn though, really wanna play it now.

I think the game does look cracking and these are just probably early shots of the game, can't see why it's getting hate as graphics don't even make a good game.

OFT. I don't get why a few people are moaning about graphics. Hell, who'd want a game with amazing graphics and then just a bunch of sh*t for a storyline/everything else that relates to the game.

Just looked at the trailer, maybe its just me but it didn't really blow me away/make me anymore excited for the game. Hopefully they'll add something more exciting to the next one.

I don't get why a few people are moaning about graphics. Hell, who'd want a game with amazing graphics and then just a bunch of sh*t for a storyline/everything else that relates to the game.

I'm cooling down about the graphics, but...can't you have both? Is it so wrong to want both? Good graphics and good everything else? But like I said, I'm fine about the graphics at this point. And I only imagine they'll get better, so I'm all for this game. Will probably end up enjoying it more than IV.

I don't get why a few people are moaning about graphics. Hell, who'd want a game with amazing graphics and then just a bunch of sh*t for a storyline/everything else that relates to the game.

I'm cooling down about the graphics, but...can't you have both? Is it so wrong to want both? Good graphics and good everything else? But like I said, I'm fine about the graphics at this point. And I only imagine they'll get better, so I'm all for this game. Will probably end up enjoying it more than IV.

I've enjoyed my other games more than IV. Still, I always think about developers is that they will try and focus on either the graphics or everything other than that. Can't say I've played a game yet with amazing graphics and great gameplay.

At least this game will hopefully bring in more entertainment than IV ever did, for me personally anyway. Looks like there's a lot of other things to do to keep yourself occupied.

The graphics look average, not bad. The trailer looks like sh*t for reasons that have already been explained. You seriously can't expect having Crysis-like graphics running on 4 year old hardware.

Looks like there's a lot of other things to do to keep yourself occupied.

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm most looking forward to. Gambling, hunting, stagecoach riding, perhaps bounty hunting. Sounds f*cking fun.

And as for good games that also have good graphics, what about Metal Gear Solid 2-4? As just one example(s).

Looks like there's a lot of other things to do to keep yourself occupied.

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm most looking forward to. Gambling, hunting, stagecoach riding, perhaps bounty hunting. Sounds f*cking fun.

And as for good games that also have good graphics, what about Metal Gear Solid 2-4? As just one example(s).

Oh, yeah, Mass Effect also had some killer graphics, but they weren't free-roam games, and those graphics could've been even better. Just look at DNF, it's running on UE2, and it still looks fairly good. Imagine if Mass Effect had modded UE3 to shreds, it would've been orgasmic.

Me too. I also have a lot of faith in San Diego, they seem to have gotten more out of RAGE graphically in MCLA, than North did in IV. If North have been brought in to improve on mission structure/ gameplay, plus apply any lessons they`ve learned from IV, and Leeds have been brought in to oversee the hunting/trading side-missions, then this could be better than IV.

One thing missing from IV imo, was the ability to train- or vehicle-surf, or even walk up and down the subway carriages. Only in one instance (Truck Hustle) could you do this. Pity you couldn`t do this on all of the bigger vehics. In the trailer we see Marston climbing onto the topside of a train, so I just wonder if this would be possible on all of them or it`s only do-able in a mission like TH?

I pondered the possibility of riding up to a train, hopping on, and being able to rob people. Then hopping back on your steed and riding off, but that might be a bit much.

Black-hawk

Heh, not to moan about graphics or anything, but notice the ugly RAGE shadows that are also present in the PC version of IV:

user posted image

The graphics, to compare, look a lot like Manhunt I think. Only, ya know, better.

I pondered the possibility of riding up to a train, hopping on, and being able to rob people. Then hopping back on your steed and riding off, but that might be a bit much.

Or even a horse compartment, so you can get on with your horse, go to the other side of the map and when you get there you`ve still got your horse.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

I'm so looking forward to this after watching the trailer. Graphics look pretty decent to me. I have yet to play a truly great western, so i'm hoping this one will live up to it's potential

SaintJimmy
The game isn't even done so quit you're bitching.

You tell em beavis. The graphics aren't all that great but the game is far from finished.

Has there ever been a lassoe in a video game before? And if so, how was it controlled/fired?

ass reamer
Heh, not to moan about graphics or anything, but notice the ugly RAGE shadows that are also present in the PC version of IV:

user posted image

Those shadows are too dark. f*ck THIS GAME.

Black-hawk

You tell em beavis. The graphics aren't all that great but the game is far from finished.

Yeah, the same was said about the PC version of IV, and we all know how that turned out.

Not saying that it's gonna be a bad product gameplay-wise, nor that graphics are a deal-breaker (well, unless they're incredibly bad) but come on, they could at least try fixing their previous mistakes.

Edited by Black-hawk

SaintJimmy

Yeah, the same was said about the PC version of IV, and we all know how that turned out.

And IV was a sh*tty console port.

Ok so if this is the western project they showed at E3 07' which they said was a glimpse of

a PS3 exclusive from Rockstar Games and they say its on 360 now, WTH is the PS3 exclusive??

That's "LA Noire".

That game was initially said to be ps3 exclusive, then it was also for pc and 360, and now it is again being said to be for PS3 only

Ok so if this is the western project they showed at E3 07' which they said was a glimpse of

a PS3 exclusive from Rockstar Games and they say its on 360 now, WTH is the PS3 exclusive??

That's "LA Noire".

That game was initially said to be ps3 exclusive, then it was also for pc and 360, and now it is again being said to be for PS3 only

And even that has been rumoured to no longer be PS3 exclusive.

God i hope so as it looks like a cracking game.

That's "LA Noire".

RDR was originally supposed to be a PS3 exclusive. I remember being really disappointed until Feb, when R* announced it would be on 360 as well.

I think R* will change their policy on exclusivity in future, imo they and ms shot themselves in the foot with IVs DLC. MS won`t publish sales figs, leading many to suspect they haven`t recouped their $$. Maybe R* have seen these figs and realise they could have made more than $50m from all platforms.

I would expect to see LA Noire on all platforms even tho the site doesn`t yet state any platform info at the moment.

No-one has replied to my posts on hunting (P.8) and the lassoe (P.10), so here`s an idea or two I`ve thought:

ANALOGUE:

Press L & R on the d-pad to swap to lassoe and JM can walk/run around with it by his side. Hit one of the face buttons and he starts twirling it over his head. When he does this, a semi-transpearent arcing arrow appears, similar to those in CTW when you throw molotovs, to show direction (RS) and distance the lassoe will go. Pumping L trigger sees JM twirl the lassoe faster and the arc grows in length the faster and more rythmically you manipulate the LT. When you`re happy with you`re twirling, simply press LT to let it loose. Note; for moving targets you would have to point the arc in front of the target (also done if you want to snag a target by the foot). When snared hold on to the rope with LT and bring target under control by moving RS from side-to-side (think TLAD arm wrestling) the size of the target dictates how furiously you have to move RS. doing this brings the target closer until you are close enough to be prompted to hit a face button to hog-tie the victim.

BASIC:

d-pad = draw (JM automatically twirls)

LT = Lock on target

RT = fire

A = hog-tie

I think R* will change their policy on exclusivity in future, imo they and ms shot themselves in the foot with IVs DLC. MS won`t publish sales figs, leading many to suspect they haven`t recouped their $$. Maybe R* have seen these figs and realise they could have made more than $50m from all platforms.

Assumptions.

I believe three episodes were promised (or maybe 2) and only one has been published. It may be projected that the DLC won't make as much as expected but until then saying anymore than this is simply speculation.

Assumptions.

I believe three episodes were promised (or maybe 2) and only one has been published. It may be projected that the DLC won't make as much as expected but until then saying anymore than this is simply speculation.

IMO = in my opinion, and I never said it wasn`t speculation.

Assumptions.

IMO = in my opinion, and I never said it wasn`t speculation.

I know what it means and I'm just making sure things are straight. Also while you did say "I think" you never once said IMO, but that's beyond the point.

I read IGN's preview and 2-part Dan Houser interview last night. Holy Hell, this may be my most anticipated game right now, surpassing even Assassin's Creed 2. There's a lot of awesome bits mentioned in there. And, didn't Dan unofficially confirm bounty hunting with:

You actually spend some portion of the early game lassoing cattle and wild horses that you can tame. Obviously you can use it on people, so you can hog tie people and throw them on the back of your horse. Supposing I've done a side job as a bounty hunter and you're the guy I'm being set after and I see you and as you run off I can send the lasso over you, hog tie you, and throw you on the back of the horse and ride you into town.

And while I was reading the interview, I couldn't help but think Rstar is going more the Bethesda route, making a game similar to an Elder Scroll/F3 title. Where there's people living a life, going to work in the day, spending time at the saloon at night. Animals live out in the wild, going about an unchecked routine. NPC's stop and converse with each other. Things like that, and I f*cking love it.

Don't like that we can't wipe out a settlement...permanently. I wanted to feel like I've really altered the world. Guess not. Also like that they're keeping things realistic. Like you can't go on a killing spree, and then go do a mission for a marshall, because that would be dumb. You have to wait until things cool down. Also love the new "wanted system" with people setting up posses to hunt you. Haha, that's gonna be awesome. And the fact that we can set up posses, even more awesome.

This is gonna be good.

Fascinating news Garcia, the hog tie option seems like it'll never get old. Love the fact that they're going the RPG way, Bethesda was responsible for Morrowind, and that game is still one of the best RPG's ever made. Hopefully, they'll incorporate things they've learned from previous Elder Scroll titles and implement them in RDR.

Vanillainy
You actually spend some portion of the early game lassoing cattle and wild horses that you can tame. Obviously you can use it on people, so you can hog tie people and throw them on the back of your horse. Supposing I've done a side job as a bounty hunter and you're the guy I'm being set after and I see you and as you run off I can send the lasso over you, hog tie you, and throw you on the back of the horse and ride you into town.

This sounds awesome, with Euphoria this is going to be great.