2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat

beavis

I don't remember inviting you to my country, gringo. How about a little taxation? I have a large family!

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

GeorgeWashingtonxx77

My favorite game of all time and nothing will ever change that. Goodness me does the thought of the summer back in 2010 playing this give me nostalgia.

Edited by GeorgeWashingtonxx77

• 1 month later...
billiejoearmstrong8

Just started a new game after not playing for a few months. The best thing is how beautiful the game world is, it's just so pleasant to be in those landscapes and listen to the ambient sounds and music. I was just completing San Andreas beforehand and the graphics look even more amazing after playing an older game as well. And definitely my favourite gunplay/combat in any game. Such an enjoyable and satisfying playing experience.

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

billiejoearmstrong8

I was doing the kill wolves with a knife challenge and while surrounded by a pack of them John said "Are you trying to eat me or rape me?" - never heard that one before :lol: 

Also I found during Spare the Rod Spoil the Bandit, instead of going in the farmhouse and shooting a couple guys downstairs and saving two women held at gunpoint by shooting the guys upstairs, you can do all of it without ever entering the house and instead shoot through the windows downstairs and then climb up on the outside of the house and shoot through the windows upstairs. Kind of rare that you can vary things much in RDR missions so I found that cool. 

billiejoearmstrong8

Damn I played through fast lol. The final mission still hurts however many times I play it, every time I start to enjoy chilling with the family and then boom. I took John into Blackwater for a few final drinks at the saloon and then one more sleep at home first. I left all the stranger missions half done so they can be started by John and finished by Jack (I assume he found his "journal" and went to finish the tasks), bit of a shame more of them don't recognise the change in person but still cool to do. I'll leave Ross for last of course.

I think I won't play Undead Nightmare right after it again because I find it depressing to see the lovely landscapes and little towns etc ruined like that lol. Prefer to remember it looking nice. I'll save playing that again for Halloween or something.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Damn I played through fast lol. The final mission still hurts however many times I play it, every time I start to enjoy chilling with the family and then boom. I took John into Blackwater for a few final drinks at the saloon and then one more sleep at home first. I left all the stranger missions half done so they can be started by John and finished by Jack (I assume he found his "journal" and went to finish the tasks), bit of a shame more of them don't recognise the change in person but still cool to do. I'll leave Ross for last of course.

I think I won't play Undead Nightmare right after it again because I find it depressing to see the lovely landscapes and little towns etc ruined like that lol. Prefer to remember it looking nice. I'll save playing that again for Halloween or something.

Halloween is the perfect time to play Undead Nightmare

• Like 1

billiejoearmstrong8
3 hours ago, Drimes said:

Halloween is the perfect time to play Undead Nightmare

Definitely! First time I played it was during a covid lockdown which also worked lol

4 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Definitely! First time I played it was during a covid lockdown which also worked lol

Lockdown was really something, wasn't it? Not that I'm gonna glorify it, but it let to an inspiration boom for things such as Undead Nightmare or Red Dead in general 

billiejoearmstrong8
13 minutes ago, Drimes said:

Lockdown was really something, wasn't it? Not that I'm gonna glorify it, but it let to an inspiration boom for things such as Undead Nightmare or Red Dead in general 

Unique experience for sure. And watching/playing anything to do with a plague across the world hit different. Red Dead and other Rockstar games certainly helped with getting through it.

• 2 weeks later...
WanteD1

• Like 2

I'm now at 33% overall completion at my current playthrough (PS3 again because I don't own a Xbox), almost 12 hours of playtime and I f*cking love it. I had this urge to revisit it after having finished RDR2 for the 2nd time now and I must say that I definitely prefer RDR1 in almost every aspect. This crazy good western atmosphere of the first game never gets old to me and I can't get enough of it. Sometimes I will spent hours just riding around McFarlane's Ranch doing the nighttime job or some hunting in that area or just role play in Armadillo (man is Armadillo in RDR1 great and certainly THE most iconic western town of any video game and that will never change!), whatever. I simply love it and I legitimately think that as far as the Red Dead franchise is concerned, no other Red Dead game will top RDR1 for me, never ... it cannot be topped because the distinct style and visuals, the "roughness" of it cannot or won't be replicated with current-technology and all the visual advancements since (in the case of Red Dead not for the better, sadly!). RDR2 is simply waaay too clean for my taste for a game set in that time period. I want to leave with a gif which in my opinion perfectly captures the essence and feel of RDR1. God damn the visuals are amazing and iconic even in 2022. It remains the best wild-west, cowboy game of all time!

bVdTSO.gif

Thank you Rockstar Games for this masterpiece!

• Like 2

Drimes

Happy birthday to Red Dead Redemption. 12 years old! 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2022 at 10:19 AM, Drimes said:

Happy birthday to Red Dead Redemption. 12 years old! 

Happy birthday indeed. Grew up on PS2 GTA games, but RDR is the best game ever for me. Also, best online experience ever.

Edited by tonko
  • Like 1

WanteD1
Posted (edited)

I think it's on PC (emulator)

bruh_optimised.gif

Something like this + Ray Tracing  as a remaster can be a very good news! Today is the day?

Spoiler

ofc no

Edited by WanteD1

DEADWOODZ

Happy B-day RDR!

I don't think i'll ever get over that moment stepping into Mexico & hearing "Jose Gonzalez - Far Away" for that first time.

Even though i love RDR2 to bits, that first time you step foot into St Denis as an outsider or chapter 5's Guarma. Just never hit me as much.

• Like 3

Spider-Vice

Bonus, when he played it on Rockstar NYC's rooftop live!

• Like 4

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

TheOriginalGunslinger
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Bonus, when he played it on Rockstar NYC's rooftop live!

f*ck yeah!

spacer.png

Don’t mind me… just dreaming if Mexico was ever added into RDO and that tune drops for the first time players enter it on our way to meet our first online contact in that area. :sarcasm:

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

TheOriginalGunslinger
Posted (edited)

Does this song hit different after completing Red Dead Redemption when the credits start rolling after

Spoiler

Jack kills Ross.

It now feels like the Redemption story is over in a sense. Jack’s life moves on after the events of both games now that we’ve played both. Going back to play Red Dead Redemption after completing Red Dead Redemption II is closure in my opinion in Jack’s perspective. Most of the people he grew up with are mostly dead and it’s just him in the dying days of the Wild West. What’s his life supposed to be now? Does he live a normal life or does he turn “outlaw”? I love how we can role play as that after the Redemption story with him. Like an honorable/dishonorable type of path in our own playthroughs.

Happy 12th Year Anniversary Red Dead Redemption! 🥃

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

ThatBenGuy1998

Happy 12th birthday to Red Dead Redemption! One of Rockstar’s absolute best games alongside Red Dead Revolver, its sequel called RTCS, GTA III, VC, IV/EFLC, LA Noire, and the Max Payne trilogy!

billiejoearmstrong8

Late but happy 12th birthday! Most beautiful game I've played, breathtaking landscapes, soundtrack and atmosphere, most awesome and satisfying gunplay, amazing story, a living breathing world with incredible attention to detail, and also the only game I've played where everything you need to do for 100% is enjoyable. And Undead Nightmare might be the best DLC of all time (along with GTA IV's EFLC). So ahead of its time (I played it for the first time in 2020 and it still blew me away!) and an absolute gem, so glad I finally played it. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Im reading the GOTY book edition guide for the game and I noticed Bill and Dutches age are wrong.

The book states Bill is 29 years old and Dutch 45 in 1911, but that doesnt make sense. According to the wiki Bill is born in 1866, so that would make him 45 in 1911. Him being 29 as the book says would make him only 17 in 1899 and he is obviously much older.

Dutch is born in 1855 according to the wiki, so 56 years old in 1911. Him being 45 in that year would make him younger than Arthur in the events of RDR2 aswell, and thats obviously wrong.

Are their birth year/age mentioned in the game? Probably just a continuity error since obviously RDR2 wasnt on their mind when this book was made.

Rammer2k

What's more likely to happen first.  RDR 1 Remake, or GTA 6?

• Like 2

Drimes
On 7/1/2022 at 7:17 PM, Rammer2k said:

If I say GTA 6, people will say it's too soon. If I say RDR remake, people will say it doesn't need a remake or that it's only a rumor. However, I hope for a RDR remake first because I love RDR more than GTA

• Like 1

luckycanadian95
On 7/1/2022 at 11:17 AM, Rammer2k said:

Could be either one (assuming a remake is even happening). We did get the 4K update somewhat recently

D-Tunez

i hope hes wrong

Drimes

I'm 12 years late, but I have finally completed all the challenges and unlocked the Legend of the West outfit! Needless to say, I'm very proud of myself :D

• Like 3

luckycanadian95
2 hours ago, Drimes said:

I'm 12 years late, but I have finally completed all the challenges and unlocked the Legend of the West outfit! Needless to say, I'm very proud of myself :D

As you should be, congrats 👏

Drimes
37 minutes ago, luckycanadian95 said:

As you should be, congrats 👏

Thank you!

WanteD1

Which one you want?
A- RDR Remaster (enhancing the game without ruining it's art style and atmosphere + same graphics but with better/upscaled texture)

B- RDR Remake in new RAGE made by R*

C- RDR Remake made by an external studio in UE5 (something like Matrix Demo + not by someone like GSG lol)

D- None!

I Pick A myself! because a Remaster is not a heavy work for them! I want R* to work on new games and new things... but still I need a RDR1 Remaster on PC/Steam!!!! 

luckycanadian95
20 hours ago, WanteD1 said:

Which one you want?
A- RDR Remaster (enhancing the game without ruining it's art style and atmosphere + same graphics but with better/upscaled texture)

B- RDR Remake in new RAGE made by R*

C- RDR Remake made by an external studio in UE5 (something like Matrix Demo + not by someone like GSG lol)

D- None!

I Pick A myself! because a Remaster is not a heavy work for them! I want R* to work on new games and new things... but still I need a RDR1 Remaster on PC/Steam!!!! 

A or D for me. I love the art style and don't mind the current graphics, but having it on PC would be great.