• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JOSEPH X

• ryanhunter_rfc

• Old_BenKenobi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more early RDR concept art by an artist at Rockstar! Includes Revolver bonuses.   https://www.behance.net/gallery/28959431/Video-Games http://archive.is/Kzbb1   Imgur link with original desc

Red Dead Redemption, absolutely one of the best video games ever made in the history of gaming. Every single meticulous detail was in the right place, making the game something uniquely suggestive. It

In discussions on Twitter, our own @LegacyKillaHD found on Reddit some very, VERY early screenshots of RDR, including concept stage screenshots on a developer's portfolio. As this happened and we star

Anyone knows what Landon Ricketts says before meeting the prison wagons in "The Mexican Wagon Train" mission?

There's two conversations, and I'm pretty sure the second one never got played to where it is supposed to end (the same goes for many missions).

(first dialogue)

John Marston: Luisa was pretty shaken up.
Landon Ricketts: She's angry. This war is getting dirtier by the day. People are being executed for just having an opinion.
John Marston: Allende seems to have more enemies by the day.
Landon Ricketts: Perhaps you would know. Rumor has it you've been making all kinds of new friends.
John Marston: I don't pay much attention to rumors.
Landon Ricketts: Just be careful, John. Keep jumping from one side of the fence to the other, you might just get impaled on it.
John Marston: I have to find these two men. With respect, how I do it is no concern of yours.
Landon Ricketts: Choose your tone wisely, partner. Remember who you're talking to.
John Marston: How could I ever forget?
Landon Ricketts: And who are you, John Marston? Apart from a rat feeding every other hand he can find? My name means something. All you've done is kill a few peasants. And the only real outlaw you've taken on dropped you like a bad habit.
John Marston: Now, I politely ask you to watch your tone, Mr. Ricketts.
Landon Ricketts: All I'm saying is... maybe there's a reason people round here don't wanna talk.

(second dialogue - supposedly incomplete)

Landon Ricketts: You must miss your family.
John Marston: It's the only thing that keeps me goin'.
Landon Ricketts: You know, you remind me a lot of myself. How I used to be. Stubborn and angry.
John Marston: You ain't changed all that much.
Landon Ricketts: I always thought I'd lived a charmed life. I've known wealth, respect, love, even fame.

Can anyone replay the mission, mess with their horse during the first dialogue, and see if the second one triggers earlier than it does? I know this work for other missions such as "Exodus in America" or "Justice in Pike's Basin".

I would obviously gladly do it myself but I don't possess the game at the moment and I don't really want to buy another console just for one game.

billiejoearmstrong8

Playing this again after a break playing LA Noire, it's so nice to come back to the beautiful remote countryside and music after traffic filled 40s LA lol. This is the only game I've ever played where I'll happily complete it to 100% multiple times and enjoy every single task. Gonna start all the Strangers missions as John and finish them as Jack (I've only done them as one or the other before but I've heard there's different dialogue for it).

I was capturing a fleeing bounty near Silent Stead. Got him hogtied and carried him over to my horse which now happened to be standing on the train tracks. No big deal I thought, I put him on the back and was about to climb on and get going. Cue a pack of wolves running up and biting me AND then the guy's friends riding up to attack me. In the middle of dealing with this here comes the train! I ran for my horse but it was too late, before I could climb on I had to jump out of the way avoiding being killed by a split second as the horse and bounty on the back were obliterated. Love how random stuff like this can happen haha.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

This is the only game I've ever played where I'll happily complete it to 100% multiple times and enjoy every single task. Gonna start all the Strangers missions as John and finish them as Jack (I've only done them as one or the other before but I've heard there's different dialogue for it).

Redemption is the only game that I bothered to 100%. It just happened that I played it at the right age and circumstances back in 2010-2011, which allowed me to put so much time into it and enjoyed the whole process. I still listen to the ambient soundtrack to this day, mostly for relaxation but also for some nostalgia.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2021 at 6:12 PM, Alexlecj said:

Anyone knows what Landon Ricketts says before meeting the prison wagons in "The Mexican Wagon Train" mission?

There's two conversations, and I'm pretty sure the second one never got played to where it is supposed to end (the same goes for many missions).

(first dialogue)

John Marston: Luisa was pretty shaken up.
Landon Ricketts: She's angry. This war is getting dirtier by the day. People are being executed for just having an opinion.
John Marston: Allende seems to have more enemies by the day.
Landon Ricketts: Perhaps you would know. Rumor has it you've been making all kinds of new friends.
John Marston: I don't pay much attention to rumors.
Landon Ricketts: Just be careful, John. Keep jumping from one side of the fence to the other, you might just get impaled on it.
John Marston: I have to find these two men. With respect, how I do it is no concern of yours.
Landon Ricketts: Choose your tone wisely, partner. Remember who you're talking to.
John Marston: How could I ever forget?
Landon Ricketts: And who are you, John Marston? Apart from a rat feeding every other hand he can find? My name means something. All you've done is kill a few peasants. And the only real outlaw you've taken on dropped you like a bad habit.
John Marston: Now, I politely ask you to watch your tone, Mr. Ricketts.
Landon Ricketts: All I'm saying is... maybe there's a reason people round here don't wanna talk.

(second dialogue - supposedly incomplete)

Landon Ricketts: You must miss your family.
John Marston: It's the only thing that keeps me goin'.
Landon Ricketts: You know, you remind me a lot of myself. How I used to be. Stubborn and angry.
John Marston: You ain't changed all that much.
Landon Ricketts: I always thought I'd lived a charmed life. I've known wealth, respect, love, even fame.

Can anyone replay the mission, mess with their horse during the first dialogue, and see if the second one triggers earlier than it does? I know this work for other missions such as "Exodus in America" or "Justice in Pike's Basin".

I would obviously gladly do it myself but I don't possess the game at the moment and I don't really want to buy another console just for one game.

Never you mind, I got me the game with a PS3. Easier to record all story dialogues that way. 😀

Here's the last version of my transcript of the game script (main storyline only): http://depositfiles.com/files/xeurd6ktq

The number of optional dialogue is nothing short of incredible. It still isn't perfect, of course, but we're getting closer to the complete experience.

Edited by Alexlecj
Adding another conversation in the file
  • Like 1

billiejoearmstrong8
12 hours ago, Alexlecj said:

Here's the last version of my transcript of the game script (main storyline only): http://depositfiles.com/files/y5molge22

The number of optional dialogue is nothing short of incredible. It still isn't perfect, of course, but we're getting closer to the complete experience.

Wow that's great, thanks for your work!

Lemoyne outlaw

so i dont know if this was talked about but i was finishing another replay yesterday doing the beechers hope missions. and i was doing one of the jack hunting missions. and when jack asked why john had to go away. he said some things you start you have to finish. and that made me think of how john started his killing old friends journey with micah. but he wanted to end it with that. but ross forced him to finish it. i know micah and the rdr2 story was not thought of. but when john said it that made me think of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy 11th anniversary to RDR1!

Red Dead Redemption made me appreciate rural nature and hiking more. This is a testament to how much I appreciate this Wild Western experience.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
billiejoearmstrong8

I've started this on hardcore mode. It's brutal with the total free aim and low health and no automatic dead eye regeneration (not to mention low money, everything expensive, no war horse deed or any other horse deeds until I earn enough to buy one which will take a while, and no automatic new horse just by whistling) but it really feels like the right way to experience the game fully. It has a whole different vibe, everything feels so much more dangerous and real. Really have to plan stuff and take your time.

I don't know if I'll actually be able to complete it. Right now I'm not capable of surviving if enemies are coming at me on horseback since they move so fast and surround me and I die in like 2-3 shots, but I only have level 1 dead eye and not enough money or resources to have things to refill it so I think that will get easier. But I'm enjoying giving it a try and doing as much as I can.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8