Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. Bugs*

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat


beavis
 Share

Recommended Posts

billiejoearmstrong8

Looked up the (very easy) way to get to Nuevo Paraiso and West Elizabeth early. Kind of cool to be able to do all the side stuff (challenges + pretty much everything else besides stranger missions) and get most weapons and all the money I'll need really early on and then just concentrate wholly on the story, it's given a new spin to my latest playthrough. I enjoy using the explosive rifle, tomahawks, the mauser pistol, the GOAT of weapons the evans repeater and other weapons I shouldn't have yet in the early missions. It was also an extra challenge to do all this stuff with level one deadeye lol.

 

I know there's probably cheats that achieve the same thing but I like it this way where I did still earn everything. Reminds me of getting to the second island early in Vice City and completing 40% of the game before the second mission.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/4/2020 at 1:03 PM, Alexlecj said:

Howdy.

 

I have a strange request to make. See, I'm trying to gather information to complete the game script for the main storyline of RDR (you can download the document here: http://depositfiles.com/files/wlytznlrc).

 

Unfortunately, I don't have the game anymore so I have to rely on videos to find some pieces of dialogues. As it appears, in the mission Man is Born Unto Trouble, John and Irish are having a discussion that I can't seem to finish.

 

John is in a middle of a sentence ("I saved your life and you repayed me by lyin', nearly gettin' me killed" - the lack of a final point and the way this line is voiced suggest that the sentence continues) then it shifts to another conversation when they divert from the road in order to reach Gaptooth Breach.

I saw tons of videos and I never saw the end of that sentence.

 

If a good soul could help me, I would be most grateful.

Yes! Finally found it, thanks to YouTuber cad5150. 😀

https://youtu.be/nosAwceE5ks?t=210

 

Here's my updated game script: http://depositfiles.com/files/43qekfcbq

Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8

There was a guy in the bar in Casa Madrugada leaning back on his chair with his feet up on the table just chilling. Pointed a gun at him, and instead of jumping up to draw his gun he fell backwards onto the floor flat on his back before scrambling up lol. I think it was just a glitch + the game's physics rather than being designed to happen but it was awesome.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

will we ever get a port to next gen

why is the prison place from mexico even in rdr2. I feel like this doesnt get asked enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cr0ssm said:

will we ever get a port to next gen

why is the prison place from mexico even in rdr2. I feel like this doesnt get asked enough

I really hope we will get a port to next gen maybe even a remastered version that would be dope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Cr0ssm said:

will we ever get a port to next gen

why is the prison place from mexico even in rdr2. I feel like this doesnt get asked enough

well the prison place as you call it is in rdr2 bc in rdr1 it was the only thing piece of civilization that u could see in mexico while being in new austin, and since u shouldn't be able to access neuvo paraiso in rdr2, this is the only mexican settlement that [This post has been flagged and will be monitored] had to do

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 5:17 PM, Cr0ssm said:

will we ever get a port to next gen

Playing this on Series X. It was enhanced for One X, so it plays at 4K. It's looks amazing. 

24d51739-3d29-4133-92bd-2700a14b11c4.PNG

 

aca93555-ea8b-48ea-976f-0360ad7bb87a.PNG

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8

I decided to find and pick as many flowers as I could. It was fun, took me to parts of the map I never usually go to and I just enjoyed the scenery/music/ambience. Never noticed how many high up places with cool views you can get to in Rio Bravo before. Only RDR can make doing nothing but picking flowers for hours enjoyable lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2020 at 5:45 PM, Mister Pink said:

Playing this on Series X. It was enhanced for One X, so it plays at 4K. It's looks amazing. 

24d51739-3d29-4133-92bd-2700a14b11c4.PNG

 

aca93555-ea8b-48ea-976f-0360ad7bb87a.PNG

I keep meaning to load it into my SeriesX. The autoHDR should make it look even better than it did on the OneX

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bakamomo said:

Yesssssssssss ... I knew it! Life is good.

This was already debunked, bad photoshop + html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aw ... thought the copy seemed kinda convincing. The "new and old faces" part was a in particular a good touch.

Edited by Bakamomo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2020 at 5:16 AM, Mithrandir94 said:

This was already debunked, bad photoshop + html

Debunked by who and where?? I’ve seen nobody talk about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Got Red Dead Redemption 1 today for my birthday (which is technically the 7th). Looking forward to playing it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 8:27 PM, WFD1992 said:

Got Red Dead Redemption 1 today for my birthday (which is technically the 7th). Looking forward to playing it.

I still remember when I first bought RDR, this is one of my favorite R* games. Happy belated birthday.

 

Is this your first time playing it? Have you already played RDR2 before? How've you been enjoying it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I still remember when I first bought RDR, this is one of my favorite R* games. Happy belated birthday.

 

Is this your first time playing it? Have you already played RDR2 before? How've you been enjoying it?

I think I played it around 2010 or 2011 when my brother owned the game, but then he traded it in. Only did the first level. Then I got it digitally on the 6th of December this year. Completed the main story, currently going for 100% completion. Never played RDR2 since I lack an Xbox One or PS4 or good PC. Also have not played Undead Nightmare, since I didn't get that DLC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Today I completed Undead Nightmare 100%. Just wanted to share.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
11 hours ago, kubon352 said:

Today I completed Undead Nightmare 100%. Just wanted to share.

 

I think Undead Nightmare is way more difficult to 100% than the main game despite being much shorter, it's very satisfying. 

 

Cuz I've been in lockdown half the time since last March and have spent insane amounts of time hunting in this game I had tons of money. And then I found out there's a limit on how much you can have of $999,999. So I took it as a challenge and started hunting, doing bounties, clearing gang hideouts (which are my three favourite things to do anyway) and robbing safes and opening chests like crazy every time I played. The other day I maxed it out lmao. So now if I open a chest it just doesn't have money in it. If I do a job I just don't get paid for it. And if I sell stuff it sells it but I get no money and it doesn't make the money sound. It doesn't pretend I'm still getting money but just not add it to the total, I actually don't get paid for doing stuff. I wonder how many people have had the desire to play as much as this (and have hunting - by far the most profitable activity - as their favourite thing to do) that the money maxed out....it can't be many :lol:. But I feel like I've fully beaten the game now. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me it wasn't harder, just more annoying due to zombies attacking you all the time. But what to expect about zombie game haha. If it wasn't in RDR I wouldn't pick it up. Not my cup of tea.

Maybe I'll hop back soon into regular RDR to score few achievements.

Edited by kubon352
Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, kubon352 said:

For me it wasn't harder, just more annoying due to zombies attacking you all the time. But what to expect about zombie game haha. If it wasn't in RDR I wouldn't pick it up. Not my cup of tea.

Maybe I'll hop back soon into regular RDR to score few achievements.

 

Finding all the special horses and chupacabra is a pain and some of the challenges are much harder than the RDR challenges imo (especially killing bears and cougars with the torch), gameplay is harder in general due to zombies everywhere plus it being so dark all the time doesn't help. It's a good thing though, I wouldn't have wanted it to be easier after already playing RDR and getting my skills up.

 

I'd never normally choose a zombie game but I like how this one is done. It's all very tongue in cheek and it's just awesome how it's the same location and characters with totally different type of game and atmosphere, what a great twist. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Finding all the special horses and chupacabra is a pain

Found them all by the way. No sweat.

 

1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

challenges imo (especially killing bears and cougars with the torch)

This one is easy. While being on mount, cougars, wolves and bears can barely harm you. It's stupid but it works. You can hit them with torch while being on horse. Challenge where you have to get 5 headshots on zombie in 8 seconds without dead eye on the other hand was quite hard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
49 minutes ago, kubon352 said:

Found them all by the way. No sweat.

 

This one is easy. While being on mount, cougars, wolves and bears can barely harm you. It's stupid but it works. You can hit them with torch while being on horse. Challenge where you have to get 5 headshots on zombie in 8 seconds without dead eye on the other hand was quite hard.

 

Oh yeah I know how to do it, one of the four horses or an undead horse is best since they take more damage (regular one will go down in one hit from a bear lol). I just find it quite difficult, especially the cougars which can sometimes be hard to find and will start running away very fast when they're injured. Harder than killing them with a knife in RDR, where there's clear sunny weather so you can see well, no zombies in the way and it kills them more easily.  The horses are hit and miss, sometimes they appear quickly but other times it takes ages for them to show up. I still powered through and 100%ed it three times though haha.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Was asking if someone would need to buy the game(+undead nightmare) again on Xbox One if they already had it purchased for Xbox 360. Though i think I know my answer.

Edited by Payne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Alexlecj

Anyone knows what Landon Ricketts says before meeting the prison wagons in "The Mexican Wagon Train" mission?

 

There's two conversations, and I'm pretty sure the second one never got played to where it is supposed to end (the same goes for many missions).

 

(first dialogue)

John Marston: Luisa was pretty shaken up.
Landon Ricketts: She's angry. This war is getting dirtier by the day. People are being executed for just having an opinion.
John Marston: Allende seems to have more enemies by the day.
Landon Ricketts: Perhaps you would know. Rumor has it you've been making all kinds of new friends.
John Marston: I don't pay much attention to rumors.
Landon Ricketts: Just be careful, John. Keep jumping from one side of the fence to the other, you might just get impaled on it.
John Marston: I have to find these two men. With respect, how I do it is no concern of yours.
Landon Ricketts: Choose your tone wisely, partner. Remember who you're talking to.
John Marston: How could I ever forget?
Landon Ricketts: And who are you, John Marston? Apart from a rat feeding every other hand he can find? My name means something. All you've done is kill a few peasants. And the only real outlaw you've taken on dropped you like a bad habit.
John Marston: Now, I politely ask you to watch your tone, Mr. Ricketts.
Landon Ricketts: All I'm saying is... maybe there's a reason people round here don't wanna talk.

 

(second dialogue - supposedly incomplete)

Landon Ricketts: You must miss your family.
John Marston: It's the only thing that keeps me goin'.
Landon Ricketts: You know, you remind me a lot of myself. How I used to be. Stubborn and angry.
John Marston: You ain't changed all that much.
Landon Ricketts: I always thought I'd lived a charmed life. I've known wealth, respect, love, even fame.

 

Can anyone replay the mission, mess with their horse during the first dialogue, and see if the second one triggers earlier than it does? I know this work for other missions such as "Exodus in America" or "Justice in Pike's Basin".

 

I would obviously gladly do it myself but I don't possess the game at the moment and I don't really want to buy another console just for one game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8

Playing this again after a break playing LA Noire, it's so nice to come back to the beautiful remote countryside and music after traffic filled 40s LA lol. This is the only game I've ever played where I'll happily complete it to 100% multiple times and enjoy every single task. Gonna start all the Strangers missions as John and finish them as Jack (I've only done them as one or the other before but I've heard there's different dialogue for it).

 

I was capturing a fleeing bounty near Silent Stead. Got him hogtied and carried him over to my horse which now happened to be standing on the train tracks. No big deal I thought, I put him on the back and was about to climb on and get going. Cue a pack of wolves running up and biting me AND then the guy's friends riding up to attack me. In the middle of dealing with this here comes the train! I ran for my horse but it was too late, before I could climb on I had to jump out of the way avoiding being killed by a split second as the horse and bounty on the back were obliterated. Love how random stuff like this can happen haha.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jabalous
22 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

 This is the only game I've ever played where I'll happily complete it to 100% multiple times and enjoy every single task. Gonna start all the Strangers missions as John and finish them as Jack (I've only done them as one or the other before but I've heard there's different dialogue for it).

 

Redemption is the only game that I bothered to 100%. It just happened that I played it at the right age and circumstances back in 2010-2011, which allowed me to put so much time into it and enjoyed the whole process. I still listen to the ambient soundtrack to this day, mostly for relaxation but also for some nostalgia.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alexlecj
On 4/11/2021 at 6:12 PM, Alexlecj said:

Anyone knows what Landon Ricketts says before meeting the prison wagons in "The Mexican Wagon Train" mission?

 

There's two conversations, and I'm pretty sure the second one never got played to where it is supposed to end (the same goes for many missions).

 

(first dialogue)

John Marston: Luisa was pretty shaken up.
Landon Ricketts: She's angry. This war is getting dirtier by the day. People are being executed for just having an opinion.
John Marston: Allende seems to have more enemies by the day.
Landon Ricketts: Perhaps you would know. Rumor has it you've been making all kinds of new friends.
John Marston: I don't pay much attention to rumors.
Landon Ricketts: Just be careful, John. Keep jumping from one side of the fence to the other, you might just get impaled on it.
John Marston: I have to find these two men. With respect, how I do it is no concern of yours.
Landon Ricketts: Choose your tone wisely, partner. Remember who you're talking to.
John Marston: How could I ever forget?
Landon Ricketts: And who are you, John Marston? Apart from a rat feeding every other hand he can find? My name means something. All you've done is kill a few peasants. And the only real outlaw you've taken on dropped you like a bad habit.
John Marston: Now, I politely ask you to watch your tone, Mr. Ricketts.
Landon Ricketts: All I'm saying is... maybe there's a reason people round here don't wanna talk.

 

(second dialogue - supposedly incomplete)

Landon Ricketts: You must miss your family.
John Marston: It's the only thing that keeps me goin'.
Landon Ricketts: You know, you remind me a lot of myself. How I used to be. Stubborn and angry.
John Marston: You ain't changed all that much.
Landon Ricketts: I always thought I'd lived a charmed life. I've known wealth, respect, love, even fame.

 

Can anyone replay the mission, mess with their horse during the first dialogue, and see if the second one triggers earlier than it does? I know this work for other missions such as "Exodus in America" or "Justice in Pike's Basin".

 

I would obviously gladly do it myself but I don't possess the game at the moment and I don't really want to buy another console just for one game.

Never you mind, I got me the game with a PS3. Easier to record all story dialogues that way. 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.