Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. Bugs*

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat


beavis
 Share

Recommended Posts

SuperKing573

While replaying RDR I realized that John tells Bonnie about his daughter that died and i had to drop everything to post this comment, I remember Arthur saying to someone outside of the gang that he had a daughter that died too and it got me thinking maybe Arthur really was sleeping with Abigail and they ended up having a baby but kept it secret from John? This doesn’t seem too far fetched by how Abigail treats Arthur like a father of her kid because maybe he actually was at one point of time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SuperKing573 said:

While replaying RDR I realized that John tells Bonnie about his daughter that died and i had to drop everything to post this comment, I remember Arthur saying to someone outside of the gang that he had a daughter that died too and it got me thinking maybe Arthur really was sleeping with Abigail and they ended up having a baby but kept it secret from John? This doesn’t seem too far fetched by how Abigail treats Arthur like a father of her kid because maybe he actually was at one point of time. 

I think Arthur had a son

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
The Dedito Gae
On 2/4/2009 at 2:37 PM, DareYokel said:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! They finally released some info. I can't WAIT!!!!!

But they have to make a PC version sad.gif

This is heartbreaking to read...

 

Edited by The Deadite
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Somehow, RDR2 feels exactly like GTA. Just without whores and only one horsepower. I relly miss the whores. A wild west without whores? Unrealistic! That was a mistake to cut that out Rockstar.

 

I want a whore after I shot ten Lemoyne raiders in the head!

Edited by NaidRaida
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway to play undead nightmare with the GOTY edition disc?

 

hi, i’d like to ask something, i bought the game of the year edition like nine months ago or something, undead nightmare disc was broken so i purchased it from xbox marketplace. problem is undead nightmare wants the original disc and doesn’t start with GOTY edition. i don’t want to purchase the game again from the store, if there is any other way to play undead nightmare please let me know.

 

thanks

Edited by Max.pain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

i highly doubt this’ll come to pc. it would a long time before 2019 if rockstar had such an idea, i heard the game codes are messed up and that’s why it wasn’t released for the pc in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2019 at 5:51 PM, Max.pain said:

i highly doubt this’ll come to pc. it would a long time before 2019 if rockstar had such an idea, i heard the game codes are messed up and that’s why it wasn’t released for the pc in the first place.

so source code are missed and if they get any chance to recover it they will release it on pc right ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Source code is a meme. Even Volition(?) are fixing Saints Row 2 after years of claiming it was lost, or broken, or both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to playing this again after buying it about 2 years ago for cheap in an Xbox sale, starting it, leaving it, then not touching it again for a year (to the day judging by when I last saved). Rushing through the single player so I can buy the sequel. Already killed Dutch. Great game even though cowboys aren't really my thing. Now just rushing through the other missions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i completed another one of those racing missions like 10 hours ago.

 

find a gold colored horse, it’s pretty fast. oh and make sure sure you got at least two horse pills in your inventory.

edit: and apples

Edited by Max.pain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta love R*'s attention to detail, that's something we're not even supposed to see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2020 at 3:49 AM, Jabalous said:

Not going to ask how you got that paparazzi money shot.

 

But DAMN. 

 

10/10 for effort in posting this. And Kudos to R* for such insane attention to detail

 

wonder if Dutch also got staliked by the Strange Man like John and Arthur did?  It wasn't obvious Death was stalking Arthur if he revisited the old Shady Belle camp. Since the picture on the wall was partially finished. But the Reaper's portriat was complete when you revisit the old hideout with John in the epilogue. It was awesome seeing R* attention to detail connecting RDR2 and RDR1. They tied all those loose ends together nicely in RDR2 which seamlessly setup the sequel showdown with the Strange Man encounter in RDR1. Where Marsten personally gets to meet the Reaper at the very spot where both he and Abigail would later die.

 

R* did a good job showing how well the Reaper tied up all the loose ends by cleaning out the entire Van Der Linde gang. The Reaper only took the violent members of the gang i.e the ones who were the killers/soldiers and enforcers.  i.e. Arthur, Dutch, Hosea, Lenny, Bill, Javier,  Strauss, Micah, John, Davey, Mac, Sean, Kieran, Uncle, Grimshaw, Karen (who turned alcoholic after Sean's death and apparently drank herself to death according to Tilly) and yes, Abigail who murdered that Pinkerton in defending Arthur.  Seems Death's plan all along was to eliminate Van Der Linde gang members who were the most vicious killers and murders.

 

Death also seemed to spare the peaceful/least violent ones who didn't kill anyone during their time with the gang (with the only exceptions to the survivors being Molly and Jenny) Because the only survivors from the original gang were Jack, Reverend Swanson, Pearson, Trelawny, Tilly, Mary Beth, and shockingly enough both Sadie and Charles.

 

 

Edited by PkUnzipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

does anyone feel hanging around the house as jack feels like a sad horror movie? nobody around there, expect animals. what’s left of your family is only an empty farm.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 11:33 AM, Max.pain said:

does anyone feel hanging around the house as jack feels like a sad horror movie? nobody around there, expect animals. what’s left of your family is only an empty farm.

I save the game there most of the time as it's still his family house, as it's between Blackwater and Tall Trees. 

It's 1913, soon Blackwater will expand, cars will appear and... ok let me stop before I get into fanfiction territory xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
billiejoearmstrong8

Wow I'm in love with this game. The writing, the physics/mechanics, the beautiful game world, the incredible attention to detail. It's so immersive and atmospheric and there's always so much to do, really amazing. Emotionally engaging from the story/characters and from constantly making moral choices in almost every mission, side mission and just in random gameplay. I also like how there's so much creepy stuff and am genuinely scared of the dangerous animals all over the place lol. What a game to entertain myself with during lockdown. Also going to call it now and say this is going to be my second favourite game of all time after GTA IV.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Wow I'm in love with this game. The writing, the physics/mechanics, the beautiful game world, the incredible attention to detail. It's so immersive and atmospheric and there's always so much to do, really amazing. Emotionally engaging from the story/characters and from constantly making moral choices in almost every mission, side mission and just in random gameplay. I also like how there's so much creepy stuff and am genuinely scared of the dangerous animals all over the place lol. What a game to entertain myself with during lockdown. Also going to call it now and say this is going to be my second favourite game of all time after GTA IV.

Agree the game is amazing! You should try RDR2 one day, you will fall in love with the living world and characters 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
6 hours ago, TheJesus1996 said:

Agree the game is amazing! You should try RDR2 one day, you will fall in love with the living world and characters 

Oh I'm sure I will yes, I just don't have a current gen console right now.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Payne said:

Bill made me wanna replay it

Yeah Bill is always fun to watch even though he did terrible things I just can't hate him and I kinda feel bad for him now that I know more of his backstory and personal thoughts in RDR2. He was always mistreated like the stupid one by the gang and the way he yells John in beginning at Fort Mercer "Now I'm in charged!" You can see all his rage towards John for obvious reasons.

Edited by TheJesus1996
Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8

Can I just say how annoying it is to try and look up ANYTHING about this game without all the results being for RDR2? I wish one of them was called Red Dead (something else) instead of RDR and RDR2 lol, there's no way to distinguish that you're not just searching for part of RDR2's name. 

 

I just got to Mexico, wow it's awesome how that song plays. I love how they made the map feel so big, just feeling used to New Austin and now a whole new country to explore!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@billiejoearmstrong8  interested to know your thoughts on John Marston and how he compares with your favourite GTA protagonists for example. 

 

And who's your favorite side character so far? There are a lot of memorable characters I feel, at the stage you are in my personal favourites are Marshall Johnson and West Dickens

 

Also regarding the searching about the game thing I guess it helps a bit if you type it as RDR1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nah, you gotta type “I’m searching for the first game f*ckface”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
On 4/26/2020 at 10:32 AM, Utopianthumbs said:

@billiejoearmstrong8  interested to know your thoughts on John Marston and how he compares with your favourite GTA protagonists for example. 

 

And who's your favorite side character so far? There are a lot of memorable characters I feel, at the stage you are in my personal favourites are Marshall Johnson and West Dickens

 

Also regarding the searching about the game thing I guess it helps a bit if you type it as RDR1. 

I think he's really likeable. I see the similarity with Johnny Klebitz that people have mentioned, but I think Marston is even more badass and has more depth to him. I like how he's a family man with morals and I've been trying to be as honorable as possible while playing. Great accent and voice acting, right up there with the best I'd say.

 

I love Bonnie MacFarlane, she's my favourite side character so far. Irish is hilarious, and I like the ones you mention too.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.