4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat

beavis

SuperKing573

While replaying RDR I realized that John tells Bonnie about his daughter that died and i had to drop everything to post this comment, I remember Arthur saying to someone outside of the gang that he had a daughter that died too and it got me thinking maybe Arthur really was sleeping with Abigail and they ended up having a baby but kept it secret from John? This doesn’t seem too far fetched by how Abigail treats Arthur like a father of her kid because maybe he actually was at one point of time. 

14 hours ago, SuperKing573 said:

While replaying RDR I realized that John tells Bonnie about his daughter that died and i had to drop everything to post this comment, I remember Arthur saying to someone outside of the gang that he had a daughter that died too and it got me thinking maybe Arthur really was sleeping with Abigail and they ended up having a baby but kept it secret from John? This doesn’t seem too far fetched by how Abigail treats Arthur like a father of her kid because maybe he actually was at one point of time. 

I think Arthur had a son

• 1 month later...
The Dedito Gae
On 2/4/2009 at 2:37 PM, DareYokel said:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! They finally released some info. I can't WAIT!!!!!

But they have to make a PC version sad.gif

This is heartbreaking to read...

Edited by The Deadite
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Somehow, RDR2 feels exactly like GTA. Just without whores and only one horsepower. I relly miss the whores. A wild west without whores? Unrealistic! That was a mistake to cut that out Rockstar.

I want a whore after I shot ten Lemoyne raiders in the head!

Edited by NaidRaida

Anyway to play undead nightmare with the GOTY edition disc?

hi, i’d like to ask something, i bought the game of the year edition like nine months ago or something, undead nightmare disc was broken so i purchased it from xbox marketplace. problem is undead nightmare wants the original disc and doesn’t start with GOTY edition. i don’t want to purchase the game again from the store, if there is any other way to play undead nightmare please let me know.

thanks

Edited by Max.pain

• 3 weeks later...

i highly doubt this’ll come to pc. it would a long time before 2019 if rockstar had such an idea, i heard the game codes are messed up and that’s why it wasn’t released for the pc in the first place.

On 12/8/2019 at 5:51 PM, Max.pain said:

i highly doubt this’ll come to pc. it would a long time before 2019 if rockstar had such an idea, i heard the game codes are messed up and that’s why it wasn’t released for the pc in the first place.

so source code are missed and if they get any chance to recover it they will release it on pc right ?

Source code is a meme. Even Volition(?) are fixing Saints Row 2 after years of claiming it was lost, or broken, or both.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to playing this again after buying it about 2 years ago for cheap in an Xbox sale, starting it, leaving it, then not touching it again for a year (to the day judging by when I last saved). Rushing through the single player so I can buy the sequel. Already killed Dutch. Great game even though cowboys aren't really my thing. Now just rushing through the other missions.

• Like 1

i completed another one of those racing missions like 10 hours ago.

find a gold colored horse, it’s pretty fast. oh and make sure sure you got at least two horse pills in your inventory.

edit: and apples

Edited by Max.pain

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta love R*'s attention to detail, that's something we're not even supposed to see

On 1/10/2020 at 3:49 AM, Jabalous said:

Not going to ask how you got that paparazzi money shot.

But DAMN. 

10/10 for effort in posting this. And Kudos to R* for such insane attention to detail

wonder if Dutch also got staliked by the Strange Man like John and Arthur did?  It wasn't obvious Death was stalking Arthur if he revisited the old Shady Belle camp. Since the picture on the wall was partially finished. But the Reaper's portriat was complete when you revisit the old hideout with John in the epilogue. It was awesome seeing R* attention to detail connecting RDR2 and RDR1. They tied all those loose ends together nicely in RDR2 which seamlessly setup the sequel showdown with the Strange Man encounter in RDR1. Where Marsten personally gets to meet the Reaper at the very spot where both he and Abigail would later die.

R* did a good job showing how well the Reaper tied up all the loose ends by cleaning out the entire Van Der Linde gang. The Reaper only took the violent members of the gang i.e the ones who were the killers/soldiers and enforcers.  i.e. Arthur, Dutch, Hosea, Lenny, Bill, Javier,  Strauss, Micah, John, Davey, Mac, Sean, Kieran, Uncle, Grimshaw, Karen (who turned alcoholic after Sean's death and apparently drank herself to death according to Tilly) and yes, Abigail who murdered that Pinkerton in defending Arthur.  Seems Death's plan all along was to eliminate Van Der Linde gang members who were the most vicious killers and murders.

Death also seemed to spare the peaceful/least violent ones who didn't kill anyone during their time with the gang (with the only exceptions to the survivors being Molly and Jenny) Because the only survivors from the original gang were Jack, Reverend Swanson, Pearson, Trelawny, Tilly, Mary Beth, and shockingly enough both Sadie and Charles.

Edited by PkUnzipper

does anyone feel hanging around the house as jack feels like a sad horror movie? nobody around there, expect animals. what’s left of your family is only an empty farm.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 11:33 AM, Max.pain said:

does anyone feel hanging around the house as jack feels like a sad horror movie? nobody around there, expect animals. what’s left of your family is only an empty farm.

I save the game there most of the time as it's still his family house, as it's between Blackwater and Tall Trees. 

It's 1913, soon Blackwater will expand, cars will appear and... ok let me stop before I get into fanfiction territory xD

• 4 weeks later...
billiejoearmstrong8

Wow I'm in love with this game. The writing, the physics/mechanics, the beautiful game world, the incredible attention to detail. It's so immersive and atmospheric and there's always so much to do, really amazing. Emotionally engaging from the story/characters and from constantly making moral choices in almost every mission, side mission and just in random gameplay. I also like how there's so much creepy stuff and am genuinely scared of the dangerous animals all over the place lol. What a game to entertain myself with during lockdown. Also going to call it now and say this is going to be my second favourite game of all time after GTA IV.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Wow I'm in love with this game. The writing, the physics/mechanics, the beautiful game world, the incredible attention to detail. It's so immersive and atmospheric and there's always so much to do, really amazing. Emotionally engaging from the story/characters and from constantly making moral choices in almost every mission, side mission and just in random gameplay. I also like how there's so much creepy stuff and am genuinely scared of the dangerous animals all over the place lol. What a game to entertain myself with during lockdown. Also going to call it now and say this is going to be my second favourite game of all time after GTA IV.

Agree the game is amazing! You should try RDR2 one day, you will fall in love with the living world and characters 

• Like 1

billiejoearmstrong8
6 hours ago, TheJesus1996 said:

Agree the game is amazing! You should try RDR2 one day, you will fall in love with the living world and characters 

Oh I'm sure I will yes, I just don't have a current gen console right now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Payne said:

Bill made me wanna replay it

Yeah Bill is always fun to watch even though he did terrible things I just can't hate him and I kinda feel bad for him now that I know more of his backstory and personal thoughts in RDR2. He was always mistreated like the stupid one by the gang and the way he yells John in beginning at Fort Mercer "Now I'm in charged!" You can see all his rage towards John for obvious reasons.

Edited by TheJesus1996

billiejoearmstrong8

Can I just say how annoying it is to try and look up ANYTHING about this game without all the results being for RDR2? I wish one of them was called Red Dead (something else) instead of RDR and RDR2 lol, there's no way to distinguish that you're not just searching for part of RDR2's name. 

I just got to Mexico, wow it's awesome how that song plays. I love how they made the map feel so big, just feeling used to New Austin and now a whole new country to explore!

@billiejoearmstrong8  interested to know your thoughts on John Marston and how he compares with your favourite GTA protagonists for example. 

And who's your favorite side character so far? There are a lot of memorable characters I feel, at the stage you are in my personal favourites are Marshall Johnson and West Dickens

Also regarding the searching about the game thing I guess it helps a bit if you type it as RDR1. 

nah, you gotta type “I’m searching for the first game f*ckface”

• Like 1

billiejoearmstrong8
On 4/26/2020 at 10:32 AM, Utopianthumbs said:

@billiejoearmstrong8  interested to know your thoughts on John Marston and how he compares with your favourite GTA protagonists for example. 

And who's your favorite side character so far? There are a lot of memorable characters I feel, at the stage you are in my personal favourites are Marshall Johnson and West Dickens

Also regarding the searching about the game thing I guess it helps a bit if you type it as RDR1. 

I think he's really likeable. I see the similarity with Johnny Klebitz that people have mentioned, but I think Marston is even more badass and has more depth to him. I like how he's a family man with morals and I've been trying to be as honorable as possible while playing. Great accent and voice acting, right up there with the best I'd say.

I love Bonnie MacFarlane, she's my favourite side character so far. Irish is hilarious, and I like the ones you mention too.