3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat

beavis

People on youtube are whining about the graphics. I mean seriously. Other than the character models everything else looks on point.

People on youtube are whining about the graphics. I mean seriously. Other than the character models everything else looks on point.

I just don't think graphics on this current gen turned out how people expected. A lot of games just end up looking cartoony.

I just don't think graphics on this current gen turned out how people expected. A lot of games just end up looking cartoony.

Well since it's created from a computer, it's going to have a cartoonish look to it either way. Besides this game is open world, not a linear adventure game. It's like those guys were expecting an open world with Uncharted 4 graphics.

Edward Nashton

I'm not too crazy about Arthur Morgan's voice acting, his accent sounds too 'put on' and cartoony. Everyone else's voice acting in the trailer sounds natural. The graphics look great to me, I dunno what people expected.

Anyhow, I'm still skeptical about the game, no matter how pretty it looks. R* sh*t the bed with their business practices on GTA V and Online, I'm going to assume they're going to do the same until the game is released and I see for myself it proves otherwise.

I was pretty underwhelmed by that trailer. The scenery looked awesome as I expected but I felt the facial animations seemed a bit off. Also I found it hard to like the protagonist in the trailer (there maybe more than one who knows}.

I dunno, I'm not feeling it but it is early days and we'll probably get a couple more trailers before release in fall 2019 : ).

Hey guys. I don't know where else to post this so I will post it here. Do you know of any good blind red dead redemption plathrough?

SmokesWithCigs

I don't get this "cartoony" sh*t. explain how the graphics are "cartoony" if you expect any video game to be completely life like then your expectations are set too damn high. I want to play a video game not a movie.

Some people mentioned that RDR has performance (framerate?) issue in Tall Trees on Xbox One, whereas on 360 it's okay. Is this true ?

HI guys, I don't know where to post this, I want to replay RDR but I want to know the missions canonical order.

If someone has an idea please reply...

Filipcro, I've had a drop in frame rate in talk trees before in xbox

Shinola gamer (nice name) have you tried the wikia?

Edit: try this topic

Edited by Mokrie Dela

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It then proceeds...

Dutch: "Looks like it's you and me John. You should've stayed at home"

Edited by Efreet

• 2 weeks later...
Clancy the Bandito

Fun fact: The man who voices john marston used to live a town over from where i live :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Something everyone should watch about Rob Weithoff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

just started my annual play through. this is my first time playing Hardcore mode. I didnt even know it existed until a little while ago, so i had to go out and buy a GOTY edition. pumped!

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone.

I know Red Dead Redemption 2 is around the corner, but if anybody is still willing to help a guy out on getting trophies for Red Dead Redemption, it would be much appreciated. I am looking for some friends to help out and have a good time. On private servers, cause you all know how messed up the public servers are.

My gamertag is Botha101

Thanks a lot guys. (And gals)

• Like 1

xSilencedTNT

Hi Everyone.

I know Red Dead Redemption 2 is around the corner, but if anybody is still willing to help a guy out on getting trophies for Red Dead Redemption, it would be much appreciated. I am looking for some friends to help out and have a good time. On private servers, cause you all know how messed up the public servers are.

My gamertag is Botha101

Thanks a lot guys. (And gals)

Are you on PS3 Partner?

I really want to play this game but it seems like the universe really doesn't want me to. I feel like I should just watch videos on YT to experience this game instead.

• 1 month later...

I have reached level 10 in the ambient challenges, finally. However, i have noticed the sharpshooter with the circling birds random encounter rarely shows up, and when it does, the bet value is $0, and there are no birds. Is this because I have completed the challenge for Master Hunter?

• 1 month later...

How are people getting to the out of bounds areas north of Blackwater? I've seen videos and pics of people playing in the new RDR2 areas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just noticed that in the strangers and freaks mission where you had to buy or steal the pleasance property for a reward, if you kill the dude and recover the document the house is yours now to save and change outfits.

• 1 month later...

Playing through this again now after 4 playthroughs of RDR2. Something special about RDR1, somehow the world feels so alive. People getting dragged across town by gangs causing havoc, randomers asking for help with their friend being hanged.

I feel like RDR2 should have had a few more repeating events like with this.

When you've done an event in RDR2 that's pretty much it and you won't see it again in that place, which is something that kinda bugs me.

Obviously there's plenty in RDR2 to do, but there could've been more repeating events to keep things lively when travelling.

Edited by ~INDIO~
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Playing through this again now after 4 playthroughs of RDR2. Something special about RDR1, somehow the world feels so alive. People getting dragged across town by gangs causing havoc, randomers asking for help with their friend being hanged.

I feel like RDR2 should have had a few more repeating events like with this.

When you've done an event in RDR2 that's pretty much it and you won't see it again in that place, which is something that kinda bugs me.

Obviously there's plenty in RDR2 to do, but there could've been more repeating events to keep things lively when travelling.

Like the wanted posters, right? In Redemption, you get an infinite amount of posters that will start repeating after a while, same as those random events you're talking about. I think R* preferred to create unique, memorable and one-time events for players to experience throughout the lifetime of the story, and to make them believable, they happen not to repeat after they get triggered. Even II's wanted posters have a story behind them with cutscenes and all, but there are how many? 6 or 7 as far as I remember, but then again, hunting wanted men and women isn't one of the themes of the game unlike Redemption. I personally prefer events that are believable and happen for a single time instead of being regenerated randomly, because it'd eventually break immersion to a certain extent. A world like Redemption 2 is a collection of limited linear stories that are created and scripted carefully by developers. How many of those stories a player will encounter depends on how much exploration he or she will attempt to do.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jabalous said:

Like the wanted posters, right? In Redemption, you get an infinite amount of posters that will start repeating after a while, same as those random events you're talking about. I think R* preferred to create unique, memorable and one-time events for players to experience throughout the lifetime of the story, and to make them believable, they happen not to repeat after they get triggered. Even II's wanted posters have a story behind them with cutscenes and all, but there are how many? 6 or 7 as far as I remember, but then again, hunting wanted men and women isn't one of the themes of the game unlike Redemption. I personally prefer events that are believable and happen for a single time instead of being regenerated randomly, because it'd eventually break immersion to a certain extent. A world like Redemption 2 is a collection of limited linear stories that are created and scripted carefully by developers. How many of those stories a player will encounter depends on how much exploration he or she will attempt to do.

I get what you mean, just feel like RDR1 is more alive in some ways.

It's better to not have the same thing over and over, but I'd like to be ambushed and stuff more than once in a location🤔

It gets to a point where you've had a lot of events and i feel like finishing the story because there's not much else to do. Events in 1 can happen every other minute and there always seems to be something to get involved with.

In 2 you wait ages just to find someone selling a dumb book or a begger wanting your money😕

I love RDR2, but the longevity of the first game is incredible to me.

I can play a whole session on RDR2 and not much will happen at all.. Gang hideouts are also much better in the first game in my opinion.

I love the new game so much and I'm really happy with it, but the lack of wanted posters and gang hideouts is a shame to me

Edited by ~INDIO~
  • Like 3