3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat

beavis

F*CK YEAH RED DEAD! a "must-have-played" for sure, and everyone's waiting for the franchise to continue....so announce the goddamn next title already, ROCKSTAR!

I once dreamed about how I'd just check up on the newswire without expecting anything, and then, out of the F*CKIN BLUUUE (reservoir dogs homage) there it'd be....something like "RED DEAD RARARA COMING JUNE 2016 - SEE THE FIRST TRAILER"....and then I came in my pants, in my dream, not in real life dreaming how I came in my pants...off-topic!

well, R*, how about posting JUST THAT on the wire today? do it, do it, do it...

Yes and that's why I tell all my friends to play using good headphones. The ambiance is really prominent. It's changes the game completely. Let's face it, how many of us are using TV speakers. TV speakers are crap, no matter how much your TV cost. Try a good pair of wrap-around headphones and you'll experience RDR like never before.

• Like 2

I use actual speakers with a subwoofer. Firing a gun givs that kick from the sub, which you feel in your chest.

• Like 1

if you paid for good headphones, they'd have their own bass generation.

headphones > all for PC gaming.

• Like 1

I use actual speakers with a subwoofer. Firing a gun givs that kick from the sub, which you feel in your chest.

Same here, however there's added reverb in my room and I find the bass is almost too powerful that it's not realistic, like the balance is somewhat off - it's over powering some of the mid and higher frequencies. So, with friends, I'd use a the speaker/woofer set up but on my own I go to my Sennheisers. They're cheap headphones but served my greatly for about 4 years. For those moments when standing in a field and you hear a bee or a wasp whizz past your ear, it's amazing. It's when the ambient tracks really come to life. It's direct in my ear and not coming from a source in front of me.

If any one is interested in buying budget but fantastic headphones to improve your gaming experience, I'd recommend Sennheisers HD 200's - particularly for Red Dead Experience and GTA IV. I can't remember what it's like in V but I'm almost certain I had a better experience. They're the cheapest headphones you'll find but fan-fecking-tastic!

El_Diablo: Yeah man.. It's really sad that so many good soundtracks are being wasted through sh*tty speakers. Glad you use them for your PC gaming.

• Like 1

I'm not saying headphones are bad, btw, but I'm talking about that physical BOOM that subwoofers give, that you feel in your chest - ever gone to a concert, you'll know what I mean. It's not audible, it's a physical vibration. Headphones don't deliver that - not that you feel in your chest, anyway.

I'm looking for headphones, but decently prices sound cancelling ones, and not for gaming.

I did use headphones for GTA IV once, and the sound the tires made when going over different surfaces... nice, but i also hear it with speakers, too.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that R* will re-use the Blaine County map for RDR2. Don't know why exactly, but perhaps they are recycling that area for RDR2.

Do you think that will happen? Hope not, didn't like GTA V's or Blaine County's map layout at all. :(

I have a feeling that R* will re-use the Blaine County map for RDR2. Don't know why exactly, but perhaps they are recycling that area for RDR2.

Do you think that will happen? Hope not, didn't like GTA V's or Blaine County's map layout at all. :(

The layout of gta V's map was fantastic, just the scale was off. LS felt like a big town, not quite a city. It had no suburbs, and the South Central area was way too small. Never felt like gangland.

But the map is interesting. Only problem with Blaine county is its too compressed and goes nowhere - a second city would have been great.

And nah, I don't think they'll reuse it. Makes little sense.

• Like 2

ryanhunter_rfc

Couldn't have described it better myself Mokrie Dela.

The map was diverse but just not big enough unfortunately. You could literally could see lush green farmland from the desert!

Also about recycling map. Won't happen. Could you imagine the backlash? Rockstar of all companies wouldn't do it. They get a lot of hate, most of it unfair. I feel.

Red Dead Redemption, absolutely one of the best video games ever made in the history of gaming. Every single meticulous detail was in the right place, making the game something uniquely suggestive. Its storyline touched my heart in such a deep way. Riding a horse into the sunset with the game's epic soundtrack on the background gives me goosebumps just by thinking about it. What Rockstar San Diego did with this game is just outstanding - a team of talented game designers and artists that love what they do, and keep on doing it no matter how hard it is. The feels I had when I played this game for the first time are unreplicable, and I'm not sure if another game will ever make me feel this way again.

I would like to thank Rockstar Games for this unforgettable masterpiece. Happy birthday, Red Dead Redemption.

Is there an ACTIVE Red Dead forum? I'm really starting to love the red dead series more than the GTA series and I want to join a dedicated forum to express my gratitude.

That won't happen in a million years. At most they reuse a few textures from V.

Why dont the online work :(

I used to be soooo addicted to it. I miss them days.

Bring on 30 player rdr3 :D

• 3 weeks later...

That leak is full of sh*t since they for got RDRevolver exist.

This is something that actually frustrates me. Red Dead Revolver is one of the most underrated video games ever made, it's a shame that almost nobody knows about it. I still play it from time to time, and I like the fact that it is pretty challenging to complete. I also appreciate how every single NPC has a very deep character development, and that's something cool for the game's replay value, too, since you gain money from combos that you can use to buy items that unlock Sheriff Bartlett's Journal pages where all the game's information (characters, weapons, locations, stats, et cetera) is recorded, and Showdown (multiplayer) characters. That game is also full of Easter Eggs and references to Western movies - my favourite one is in the very beginning of the game when you have to type the player's name, and if you just leave an empty space by simply pressing the space bar ">" the player's name will become "RSTAR", and some items will result to have been already purchased, and it's a reference to the "Man With No Name" character portrayed by Clint Eastwood. Another one I really liked is the charater Mr. Black who as a weapon has a Gatling Gun within a coffin that he drags in his back, being a reference to Django in which the protagonist drags around a coffin. Also, the Sam and Dan brothers as bosses, which is an obvious reference to San and Dan Houser.

Edited by toxluv
  • Like 3

I agree with you and it frustrates me too, its similar to GTA as well in the way that people think GTA III is the first one or consider the first games trash and not from the same series.

I agree with you and it frustrates me too, its similar to GTA as well in the way that people think GTA III is the first one or consider the first games trash and not from the same series.

Actually, there's some of them who don't even know GTAIII exists, and they started the series with GTA Online without even completing GTAV's Story Mode. Haha! Yeah, the 2D Universe GTA games were awesome, I still play GTA2 from time to time - I really like its Retro-Futuristic setting and art design. However, I consider GTA: Vice City Stories to be the most underrated GTA game, not just because it isn't as known as the others, but especially because people don't give it the credit it really deserves.

Edited by toxluv
  • Like 3

Its a shame that people forgot about the classics.

Man the old games are awesome my fovarite is GTA 2 and its is unique in terms of the setting which makes me wish that rockstar would make another GTA with the same style, I mean who doesn't like the electro gun?

As for GTA VCS it is the most underated in terms of gameplay, it brought alot of features that could be used in the new GTA's and had alot of unique vehicles. also the music was awesome.

Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911

As for GTA VCS it is the most underated in terms of gameplay, it brought alot of features that could be used in the new GTA's

fAANVQ5.gif

I think this is the second biggest oversight R* made with GTA V. Previous GTAs added so many great things, and V should have had them all. From VCS's empires, to IV's police database. Obviously technical limitations, but with some things, we instead got yoga and an endless ocean floor. I'd rather be able to upgrade the business you bought, and enter and explore the buildings and interact with them - buy the Tequi la la club and be able to go inside, free drinks, music, dancing, and to take part in "club management" from TBOGT. During the day, though you can run legit (or crim) business from it, and increase its value, upgrade the property etc.

the biggest oversight imo is the lack of story. but we won't get in to that

I have this concern about RDR 3 - RDR2 had so much greatness in it, that the next one might drop half the features, and focus on MP (i suspect this was partly V's downfall). I hope they add to RDR and not take things away to replace with other more mundane crap.

As great as RDR is, it could be vastly improved. Train robberies, a story that can reflect your actions more accurately - get "dishonorable" and the story doesn't change - it's still marston on this noble quest. Yet, he can be the worlds worst guy outside of it. I dream that the next RDR will hinge on your actions - be an outlaw, and the story will take a more outlawish turn, some differing missions, branching storyline etc. But be a good guy, and it'll be different. Hell, I could write that easily enough, and I'm not on R*'s payroll.

As for GTA VCS it is the most underated in terms of gameplay, it brought alot of features that could be used in the new GTA's

fAANVQ5.gif

I think this is the second biggest oversight R* made with GTA V. Previous GTAs added so many great things, and V should have had them all. From VCS's empires, to IV's police database. Obviously technical limitations, but with some things, we instead got yoga and an endless ocean floor. I'd rather be able to upgrade the business you bought, and enter and explore the buildings and interact with them - buy the Tequi la la club and be able to go inside, free drinks, music, dancing, and to take part in "club management" from TBOGT. During the day, though you can run legit (or crim) business from it, and increase its value, upgrade the property etc.

I agree on everything, Though I think they will add some of those stuff back into the game in an update which I hope is for the single player and not online.

I always had this feeling that most of the features missing from the game was for the single player but was cut and put into online like buying safe house, which was in the gameplay trailer.

The things is, a dev's vision for a game isn't always a linear path from it's predecessors.

They might not always want to bring in certain features from previous titles just to check a box.

I feel like Saint's Row and GTA have gone down similar paths in this regard, especially in how it has angered certain parts of the fan base.

I believe that video game developers don't bring back certain features from a previous game, so it would still have some exclusivity in it. That's why we'll never have a "definitive game" that includes all the best features its respective series has. Doing so, players will still play the older ones. The real problem is that video game developers don't take the risk anymore, but that's also because fans don't usually like changes.

Man the old games are awesome my fovarite is GTA 2 and its is unique in terms of the setting which makes me wish that rockstar would make another GTA with the same style, I mean who doesn't like the electro gun?

Not really Retro-Futuristic, or similar to GTA2 in any way, but in 2001, Rockstar Games along with Bungie developed a Cyberpunk-themed video game called Oni which was set in 2032 and had futuristic weapons such as the Plasma Rifle. Try it if you never had the chance, I personally love it. Also, here's the weapons featured in Oni.

• Like 2

Don't bump threads like this during e3 week. Gonna give someone a heart attack.

• Like 2