2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat

beavis

When is R* finally going to let the cat out of the bag? I hope soon. I can't wait for a sequel! Fall 2015 would be perfect.

• Like 1

Probably be a 2016 release, no way Rockstar are going to start the hype train for a game like this and release it within 12 months.

FriendlyFireOFF

Probably be a 2016 release, no way Rockstar are going to start the hype train for a game like this and release it within 12 months.

May or September 2016 is my bet.

Wayne Daniels

f*ck yeah. Playing with a full lobby with EVERYONE in Blackwater doing the land grab in the alley. I forgot how psycho it is.

Anyone on ps3 wanna saddle up and go for a gallop around the map? Or poker?

Edited by Wayne Daniels

f*ck yeah. Playing with a full lobby with EVERYONE in Blackwater doing the land grab in the alley. I forgot how psycho it is.

Anyone on ps3 wanna saddle up and go for a gallop around the map? Or poker?

I'm always up for a few western shenanigans. Love the game, too many of my friends don't have it... Their loss I guess.

Cheers!

• Like 1

seriously: would noone 'round here dig the 1st person view in future Red Dead games? just imagine the animations when you pull your revolver or rifle...it would be beyond awesome.

I can't be the only one who'd absolutely love it....can I?

Something tells me it wouldn't be done right. FPV in GTA V doesn't look that attrictive to me, at least not the guns and shooting.

But me being me, I'd definitely do a 1st person view playthrough. Unless I really, really didn't like it. As long as it's an option, it can't hurt anyone, right? So yeah, why not.

And I'll definitely get back to this game again eventually, for another playthrough.

Jerking For Soup

This was a beast of a game, loved it. Still play now.

seriously: would noone 'round here dig the 1st person view in future Red Dead games? just imagine the animations when you pull your revolver or rifle...it would be beyond awesome.

No. Go play call of duty

• Like 2

Creed Bratton

I would. I want a free roaming FPS western. And it's probably going to happen now that R* is invested in the idea of having a first person view in GTA. I think it's a safe bet to say that the next Red Dead game will have it.

Edited by The Yokel
  • Like 1

No. Go play call of duty

No dude....I totally dislike CoD for what it is, a stupid, war-glorifying killing simulator. And that is all I have to say about this bullsh*t franchise....

But, I LOVE Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption. Max Payne 3 already delivered accurate aiming as you know it from a 1st person game, even though it was built around a third person view. Red Dead Redemption totally nailed the western genre feeling, the gunplay was/is very satisfying. From what I've seen in the next gen trailers for GTA V, the 1st person aspect looks fleshed out and thorough. Animations are on point, aiming looks accurate. Adding a 1st person option to a Red Dead game including animations like pulling revolvers, reloading and such, it would just furthermore cement the atmospheric experience you get.

It will hopefully, and very likely, be an option included much like Yokel suggested above^, so you don't HAVE TO use it, but for people like me it could be THE thing.

I don't get this mentality towards an epic idea....where's all the "hate" coming from?....blapshemy

• Like 1

Lelouch The Zero

It would be similar to Call of Juarez (The first game), which was a great game if I may add. I actually wouldn't mind seeing how it would turn out, might be awesome.

• Like 1

I'd stare at landscapes in 1st person for hours probably. Sure you can do that in 3rd person, but that just isn't the same.

• Like 1

jqmqKlq.gif

Yesterday it was crazy. Played poker in Beecher's Hope with some Chinese group, busted them out then got my arse kicked in Liar's dice. Then went to round 32 with 3 really good players in Undead Overrun. After that a complete rampage in Las Hermanas - Free for all match. Everybody killing everybody. I ended my session with Grab the Bag in Chuparosa. Wanted to play one more but they didn't skip Twin Rocks so i logged out.

All in all, i'm lovin' it ;)

Edited by tonko
  • Like 1

I would. I want a free roaming FPS western. And it's probably going to happen now that R* is invested in the idea of having a first person view in GTA. I think it's a safe bet to say that the next Red Dead game will have it.

Says who?

One game has first person and you think now every future rockstar game will have first person.

I dont even thinkbthe next gta will have first person, this was more like a selling point for next gen.

Also in gta you could change your camera angels from close medium and far and rockstar slipped in first person aswell but you cannot do that in rdr.

Red dead is a completly different game and not a sequal to gta v

Call of Juarez was an extremely boring, generic, Western-themed FPS.

it does not compare to RDR no matter what the situation.

personally I think it would be beyond awesome if Rockstar would re-release Red Dead Redemption exactly like they did with GTA V.

overhaul the engine, add content, bring it to PC so that we can mod it.

oh god... if they did that, I wouldn't be able to throw my money at them fast enough,

Do people still play on Multiplayer? It was infested again by hackers few months ago.

Wierdly whenever I play rdr online its quite full which is suprising. Not like the good old days on red dead but its kicking.

The hacks are gone and some people had trouble joining a lobby but to fix that go on multiplayer after starting single player first

Creed Bratton
Says who?

I did. On November the 15th, aparently.

One game has first person and you think now every future rockstar game will have first person.

No. I think future Red Dead will have it.

I dont even thinkbthe next gta will have first person, this was more like a selling point for next gen.

Then don't. No one is forcing you to share my opinion.

Also in gta you could change your camera angels from close medium and far and rockstar slipped in first person aswell but you cannot do that in rdr.

Do people care about camera angles as much as they care about a first person view? If it's a huge selling point, they'll do it. They run a business. Businesses tend to go for those selling points.

Red dead is a completly different game and not a sequal to gta v

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I was really confused, but now I see the light.

Edited by The Yokel
  • Like 2

Do people still play on Multiplayer? It was infested again by hackers few months ago.

Of course.

Call of Juarez was an extremely boring, generic, Western-themed FPS.

it does not compare to RDR no matter what the situation.

personally I think it would be beyond awesome if Rockstar would re-release Red Dead Redemption exactly like they did with GTA V.

overhaul the engine, add content, bring it to PC so that we can mod it.

oh god... if they did that, I wouldn't be able to throw my money at them fast enough,

okay I'll admit that in retrospective COJ is basically sh*t compared to RDR, but it had that good old western vibe going and was fun to play I thought. It was part stealth/part ego shooter. the story was okay Iand the game mechanics were alright. and again, it is nothing compared to RDR but it is a western genre game, a similarity, AND it has 1st person view, something we all hope to be in the NEXT Red Dead title, ergo a future similarity in theory. That said, I agree that in no way you can compare a quite good game to a masterpiece and milestone like RDR.

And dude, I'd be making it rain in front of R* headquarters any day of the goddamn week if they were to implement different camera angles and 1st person view in future Red Dead games....it would be....(insert the most epic fantastic word you can think of)

Can't remember where I found it, or what sport it is, but it's pretty awesome.

OBKhPbT.png

Yeah that is the jersey for the NFL Team called the Buffalo Bills in New York

Is there any news on when the sequal will becoming around?

There are rumors around that RDR 2 is coming to PC in March next year and 3 in December next year. Plz let it be true...

There are rumors around that RDR 2 is coming to PC in March next year and 3 in December next year. Plz let it be true...

I don't think R* would release 3 games in a single year.