2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat

beavis

Wasn't GTA4 in their fiscal first quarter and it didn't come out any earlier.

Still, more time means more quality...where did we hear that before?!

I can't view that on dialup, I'll have to wait. The Wifi signal is gone, I had some vids to upload and I can't do that presently either.

Looking forward to this

Watch this in HD:

It's Red Dead Redemption R*'s next release, if you watch in hd you can instantly see flashing textures and flickering shadows... F*cking rediculous isn't it? Can't wait for the ammount of flaming the pc release will get for Flickering Textures (If there is one)... Looks like theres no AA again also...

General Goose

What the hell does this have to do with GTA IV PC?

And yes, EVERY GAMES COMPANY IS IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

dont know its just because there doing what they done to gta 4 to a new game... and i dont see a red dead redemption topic anywhere..

No, not Indie games, thats why I love Independant devs

Rockstar puts a lot more care and art into their games than most companies. Doing that takes a lot of money, so yes they try to make a lot of money. And they don't rip us off. I've never played a Rockstar game and wished I'd rented it instead of buying it.

It's ridiculous to judge defects in a prerelease trailer. What do you think they have to do to even make a trailer from a very incomplete game?

Independent developers that produce little side projects don't count, since they'll have another source of income to keep them afloat.

For companies and developers that rely on games for income, they NEED to be in it for the money. EVERY company needs to be profitable or else it goes under. If a company isn't turning a profit, it won't stick around for long.

As for the video, there are always bugs and issues when something is a work in progress. If this were a cutscene or gameplay demo of a title that had been out for a few months, I'd be concerned. Don't pass judgment on products until they're actually done.

Moving this to Gaming Chat.

zUd3j4P.png

General Goose

True, at most, it's usually just a side income. But every games company, even those like R* or Valve who make great games and listen to us, do it for money.

Next Time, Use Search.

And again, this is a forum for GTA IV PC not another game like the one you are talking about. You should use the Gaming Chat forum for that. In addition to this, your are basing your assumptions on the bugs of a game that is still in it's BETA stages? That's hardly fair. Some games look dreadful in their BETA stages compared to this.

And on a final note - last time I checked, it's not coming out on PC monocle.gif .

Wait, Andy is back being a mod?

And to stay on topic, the game is still in beta and also the game comes out next year so it isn't that big of a deal.

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

I would never complain about the graphics in a CoD game, but they just don`t have any soul. I know R* have put their heart and soul into RDR, they`ve even had their people from North and Leeds working on the game. They`ve also given it extra time to work on it so don`t be so quick to judge.

If there`s anything else you want to chat about concerning RDR, then click on the link in my sig.

How does a texture problem relate to RN being into money over love of game creation?

I was gonna logically contest your subject, but not crying over texture issues because your PC is subpar. Get a better game card/CPU/mobo

What are the companies that are not interested in money? dontgetit.gif

All of them are, because all of them need profit from every game, so they can produce more games, and so on. Some companies care more about their costumers (Valve, Blizzard, Rockstar Games, Codemasters, just to name a few) and others just care more about money and less about their costumers (EA Games, Microsoft on some cases, etc.).

Oh and yeah, don't judge a trailer. Specially a trailer for a game that still has a long way to go. I'm glad that Rockstar shows the game how it is. I still remember seeing bugs in official pictures for GTA IV, things that Rockstar showed without problem. Most companies just release edited trailers and images to make you think the graphics are superb. dozingoff.gif

How does a texture problem relate to RN being into money over love of game creation?

I was gonna logically contest your subject, but not crying over texture issues because your PC is subpar. Get a better game card/CPU/mobo

now watch the video and watch those weird lines on the train tracks and fences and look at the flickering grainy shadow in the train, it looks ugly

I know its far off and everyhting but I really do hope they add some AA because thoses Jaggies are horrid confused.gif

They'll probably whack some vasiline on the cam and call it a day lol.gif

user posted image

CharmingCharlie

I don't even see why PC gamers are concerned about this game ? We didn't get Red Dead revolver and there is no reason to believe the PC will get Red Dead Redemption either, so for PC gamers it is a non issue.

I don't even see why PC gamers are concerned about this game ? We didn't get Red Dead revolver and there is no reason to believe the PC will get Red Dead Redemption either, so for PC gamers it is a non issue.

I have an Xbox aswell which ill be playing this on but It still doesn't mean I will settle for horrific jaggies lol.gif because I am still a PC gamer at heart

user posted image

CharmingCharlie

I have an Xbox aswell which ill be playing this on but It still doesn't mean I will settle for horrific jaggies  lol.gif because I am still a PC gamer at heart

You are just trying to tempt me into a rant aren't you wink.gif . At the end of the day if the jaggies are too much then you don't have to buy the game. I have been a long time fan of Rockstar's stuff but I am not going out to buy a console to play this. If it comes to the PC I will happily give them my money, till then I guess they don't need my money so I don't need Red Dead Redemption.

user posted imageJohn Marston: DNA profile

People (OK, one person) have asked me, "II J0SePh X II, who does John Marston look like?" So I took a sample of his DNA to the lab (A.K.A imageshack) and came back with the results, regerdez.

Father: Guy Pearce, The Proposition

user posted image

Grandfathers: Clint Eastwood, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly and Charles Bronson, Red Sun

user posted imageuser posted image

Great-Grandfathers: Brad Pitt, The Assassination of Jesse James Eric Bana, Chopper Viggo Mortensen, Appaloosa Patrick Swayze, Roadhouse

Tests also reveal traces of Native Amirican in his ancestry:

user posted image

On the news front, there`s a settlement called Tumbleweed, and one of the weapons will be a tomahawk.

CC, I know the XB360 just upset you, but if you'd held onto it, you could still play RDR, if on both consoles.

Jaggies always seem evident in PC games I play, and maybe the lower res of consoles help, but I am still quite happy with the resolutions.

Thing is, I turn brightness and contrast as well as sharpness levels up on all my TVs I've used, all the way maxed, pretty much. Typically it's no match for color levels set at max, which are dreadful. I always set color at less then half the default.

I am looking forward to this because the setting has really yet to explode... or genre I should say.

Speaking of who he resembles, I'd say Leonard Nimoy...that's right! Spock himself!

I see resemblence

Viggo looks the most like me, unshaved.

Edited by Slamman

I have an Xbox aswell which ill be playing this on but It still doesn't mean I will settle for horrific jaggies  lol.gif because I am still a PC gamer at heart

You are just trying to tempt me into a rant aren't you wink.gif . At the end of the day if the jaggies are too much then you don't have to buy the game. I have been a long time fan of Rockstar's stuff but I am not going out to buy a console to play this. If it comes to the PC I will happily give them my money, till then I guess they don't need my money so I don't need Red Dead Redemption.

I understand what I mean and I wasn't trying to make you rant at all wink.gif

And I can ignore jaggies alot but at points in that trailer they were verging on making it look almost PS1y lol.gif

If it does look like that on final realease, which i highly doubt then I won't purchase because i don't want my eyes to bleed lol.gif

@ Slamman, theres jaggies on your PC becuase you probably on a f*cklow resolution with no AA enabled becuase your running it one one of your many anitque machines

Edited by DeeperRed

user posted image

Ha, I got actually a real high setting on this Dell C640 right now, after I mucked about with the ATI processing, the thing is, it's normally 1024x768 on a 14 inch screen but now showing me two higher resolutions, the card is 32MB but I believe there's a 128MB option. These laptops aint too bad for their age. I am overly impressed by the new LCDs highlighting Vista, don't get me wrong, but jaggies don't bother me like they do you, There are worse things you can be faced with!!

SaintJimmy

OH GOD I JUST LOVE HOW SLAMMAN STAYS ON TOPIC

The fact that they're releasing all this info on RDR is pissing me off, because it gets me all hyped, then I realize I've got a year until it comes out confused.gif

The fact that they're releasing all this info on RDR is pissing me off, because it gets me all hyped, then I realize I've got a year until it comes out confused.gif

Take 2 have given it a 1st quarter release date, that`s anywhere between Nov and Feb 28th

SaintJimmy

Take 2 have given it a 1st quarter release date, that`s anywhere between Nov and Feb 28th

Oh, well that's good news! I was just going off the "2010 release date" that I keep hearing about. But if it's like, January of next year, then it's not so bad.

New article with Dan Houser, nothing new apart from upping the ante to 60 odd huntable animals.

San Diego, inventors of RAGE, look like they`ll blow us away with the sunsets.

Creed Bratton
New article with Dan Houser, nothing new apart from upping the ante to 60 odd huntable animals.

San Diego, inventors of RAGE, look like they`ll blow us away with the sunsets.

Yeah they better do. There is nothing more western then riding into sunset cool.gif

...blah blah, blah....

So, YOU DO notice I was addressing a comment made TO me, just skip things of no interest, it's what I do