3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption General Chat

beavis

darthYENIK

Nice job Oysterbarron. Nice little tidbits. Taming horses, and it being Rockstar's biggest game in terms of area.

This is quickly becoming the one game this year (or next) that I'm really excited about.

So we can play Redemption in 2010. Is that too long to wait? sad.gif

I really want this game so bad. Hunt wildlife, duel, go to saloon, enjoy the beautiful scenery of ol' west.

OysterBarron

Nice job Oysterbarron.  Nice little tidbits.  Taming horses, and it being Rockstar's biggest game in terms of area.

This is quickly becoming the one game this year (or next) that I'm really excited about.

yeah tell me about it, the part about skinning animals to sell in the towns interests me greatly. and what was that about killing all the people in a town to create a ghost town how bloody awesome.

Lets just hope this doesnt turn out to be a GTA and has some of the features cut or is delayed for 6 months for no apparent reason.

but i cant wait for this, when i first played the first level of the first game i remeber thinking looking out into the distance (this would be an awesome game if it was free-roam) and low and behold the next game is haha yes.

Edited by oysterbarron

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

@II J0SePh X II

Hey fella, you're a big fan of Old West right? Just want to know your opinion. According to you, John Marston resemble to whom? Any thought?

Charles Bronson, Gary Cooper, Patrick Swayze all moulded into one.

As for the delay, I couldn`t see them putting it up against Episodes of Liberty City. To celebrate this delay they should give us another teaser. Oh go on!

f*ck that how about stop delaying it. OR only set release dates they know they can f*cking hold down.

And Charles Bronson is way too cool for that sh*t. Him and his lawrence fishburn stopping Beretta 84.

And through a boom box no less

Oh hell yeah.

If they dont put boom boxes in the game, and star trek shades im not buying it. mad.gif

Nah, I will.

kT8ve9H.png

Some lucky buggers at eurogamer have had a look at RDR

LINK

Here come the screens

user posted image

Edited by II J0SePh X II

Creed Bratton
Since it's going to be for the PC

PC version wasn't announced. It's just for PS3 and Xbox 360

I wish I was wrong though...

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

That was a nice read. And some nice images for y'all:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

ol fashioned drive bys.... f*cking love it lol.gif

user posted image

Pimp my stagecoach bitch.

"Yo dawg, I herd you like wood grain..."

This game looks seriously awesome.

And in the 7th pic, looks like we see the conclusion of a successful bounty hunt.

Two more articles saying similar things about the same three missions they`re allowed to watch;

Link 1.

Link 2.

New info:-

-Horse health bar

-Rated M

-Steam Boats

-Poker

-Bureau of Investigations

-General store

More screens

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Vanillainy

Seeing all this makes me sad we wont be playing it untill 2010. sad.gif

tfdt7hY.gif

Awesome info and gorgeous screens.

Man, I hope there's a PC version...

Seeing all this makes me sad we wont be playing it untill 2010. sad.gif

It can be any time after Oct 09 so it could still be this year

Seeing all this makes me sad we wont be playing it untill 2010.  sad.gif

It can be any time after Oct 09 so it could still be this year

around then? Sure.. more like April 29th..

This is turning out to be one hell of a game. I'm f*ckin stoked for it, hopefully it is released this year sometime instead of 2010 but no biggie if it isn't, more time to perfect it.

I have a strong feeling this is going to be the GUN I had always hoped for. smile.gif

And people are not happy with the visuals? They look gorgeous

The trailer looked sh*t due to the de-interlacing or whatcha-ma call it. The game isn't looking too shabby, to be honest. I'm just saddened by the lack of a PC version. mad.gif

Yq5y51Y.png

And people are not happy with the visuals? They look gorgeous

The trailer looked sh*t due to the de-interlacing or whatcha-ma call it. The game isn't looking too shabby, to be honest. I'm just saddened by the lack of a PC version. mad.gif

I agree with that. The trailer looked a tad strange, but still looked bloody good. smile.gif

I want this game now. mad.gif

Creed Bratton

Oh man, why don't they just announce the PC version? Old west games are sooo cool sad.gif

Beautiful atmosphere and wonderful areas, greatest f*ckin weapons. And a lot of room for great stories. Since western genre isn't very popular in video games the area is kinda unexplored. There is a lot of possibilities for endless fun. And you know it has to be good when R* is the one doing it.

Oh man, why don't they just announce the PC version? Old west games are sooo cool sad.gif

Beautiful atmosphere and wonderful areas, greatest f*ckin weapons. And a lot of room for great stories. Since western genre isn't very popular in video games the area is kinda unexplored. There is a lot of possibilities for endless fun. And you know it has to be good when R* is the one doing it.

Hope they don't release a sh*tty port. Maybe they'll learn something from GTA IV for the PC.

ThePhenom92

This game really looks great. God the hype and "I can't wait to play this game" comments makes this game feel like anytime before April 29th 2008. I really like though how if when you kill all the people in a town, it becomes a ghost town. In GTA IV it said that there are 8 million people living in Liberty City, I always wondered if I were to kill 8 million peds, would they all disappear? Well now that we can do that in Red Dead Redemption, it's one of the few reasons I would like to get the game.

Also, you guys should check out the preview from Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/reddead...reviews;title;1

Most of it may be stuff you already knew had you followed the game since it's announcement but it's still a good read nonetheless.

I really like though how if when you kill all the people in a town, it becomes a ghost town. In GTA IV it said that there are 8 million people living in Liberty City, I always wondered if I were to kill 8 million peds, would they all disappear? Well now that we can do that in Red Dead Redemption, it's one of the few reasons I would like to get the game.

The people respawn. So don't get too excited 'bout that.

Thing I'd been wondering about is if the delay, which I read here, came on the heels of the trailer release? I find it odd R was sending out the newletter for that, and then delaying the release.

I really like though how if when you kill all the people in a town, it becomes a ghost town. In GTA IV it said that there are 8 million people living in Liberty City, I always wondered if I were to kill 8 million peds, would they all disappear? Well now that we can do that in Red Dead Redemption, it's one of the few reasons I would like to get the game.

But only after a time period so it will be a ghost town temporary.

Im wondering how many towns there will be and how much of the open space is going to be flat and the same.

But only after a time period so it will be a ghost town temporary.

Im wondering how many towns there will be and how much of the open space is going to be flat and the same.

.....and the corpses will be picked by the vultures.

As for the terrain, every hill in the screens is climbable

If you have a problem with UNUSED space in a game's environment, you may well have a problem with this game. I hope there are stage coaches and often horse posse racing across the open lands... for some real Wild West fun. I think the possibility to encompass so much of Western Cinema is what makes this genre fresh! I love how realistic the horses are. If you recall the computer horses from Lord of the Rings, it easily makes one think of how they can use that in gaming

If you have a problem with UNUSED space in a game's environment, you may well have a problem with this game. I hope there are stage coaches and often horse posse racing across the open lands... for some real Wild West fun. I think the possibility to encompass so much of Western Cinema is what makes this genre fresh! I love how realistic the horses are. If you recall the computer horses from Lord of the Rings, it easily makes one think of how they can use that in gaming

In the Brad Pitt movie Troy, they used Euphoria for the horses but I can`t find a clip or I`d post it. Darn it!

Take 2 have updated their release window to the first fiscal quarter of 2010, which runs til Feb 28th 2010, so there`s still hope for an `09 release.

Sauce

Thanks neo69boi for that

In the mean time I`ve got something for you to listen to. It`s from the Aussie `Western` The Proposition soundtrack by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis.

What to do, is start the Proposition soundtrack and then about 23secs in (it has a longish, brooding intro) start the trailer for RDR. Turn the sound off RDR, and then watch the trailer with the music from The Proposition. Martha`s Dream you can start smultaneously.

Very similar atmosphirics, don`t you think?

Edited by II J0SePh X II