Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,879 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

sonydaniel

getting stuck

Question

sonydaniel

hi friend, when playing GTA vice city, there is mission called bar brawl, when reaching the target,a small video clip occurs, in this video while talking to a person it gets stuck and cannot play forward, i had to exit , please help me in this issue, i had gone through the buglist but no use, cannot get rid of the error , the error is like this

unhandled exception:c0000005 at adress :004dfb50.

i also tried by reinstalling ,but not able to get rid of the problem, please friend help me to solve this problem.

12 answers to this question

GTArv

First of all, please read the posting requirements and post the necessary details as specified there.

• Have you modified your game in any way?

• Update your audio and video drivers.

• Delete the 'gta_vc.set' file from My Documents » GTA Vice City User Files.

sonydaniel

friend i didnot modified anything, i dont know what happened, it works perfectly in all missions that i played , when playing the BAR BRAWL mission problem starts. i dont understand what are mods?

Edited by sonydaniel

GTArv

Mods are 'Modifications' that alter the game in any way. If you have installed mods, there's a modding troubleshooting forum.

Please post your PC specs, as suggested in the posting requirements topic. Did you try what I had suggested above?

sonydaniel

YES friend i had done like your suggestions , but the problem is not solved, i had also checked by deleting the gta_set file in gta user files, but no use , my pc specifications are here

intel pentium 2.93ghz

760mb of ram

128 mb graphics card

please help me to solve my problem

radioman

128 mb graphics card

What kind of graphics card do you have?-ie. ATI, Nvidia, Intel Graphics Media Accellerator, etc. and is it Integrated or On-Board? If it is integrated, than that may be part of the problem, as Integrated cards are not really good for gaming. To check what kind of video card you have, go to Start, then Run, then type in "DXDIAG"-without the qoutes, and click on the Display tab and it will tell you. Also, what is you OS? ie. XP, Vista, 98, etc. I ask, because there are "compatibilty" issues with playing the game on Vista. Have you tried 98 or XP compatibilty mode? if not, try that and see if it helps. Also, are ALL you drivers up to date for you Video Card? To check, check the "Windows Update" program that comes with windows to see available updates, OR check the manufacturers' website for your video card. Hope this helps.

sonydaniel

the graphics card name is intel graphics media accelerator, i also checked by changing the compatibility mode , my os is xp service pack2. i want to know the problem arises when that video clip is playing, is there any way to remove that clip and continue with mission.

radioman

If you're problem is only during the cutscene movie, the you can always press the Space Bar or any key to skip the Cutscene. I do it all the time. I have the same graphics card on my laptop, and had problems with the game, but after I updated to SP3, the game works a lot better. So try updating to XP SP3. You can update from Microsoft.com, here. or through the Windows Update program that comes with XP-like I did. Also, if you have at least a Dual Core Processor that helps the game run better also. Hope this helps.

sonydaniel

hi friend,when pressing any key to skip the scene , then also it hangs, is there any way to get rid of this problem. I cannot now update to XP sp3 because there is a lot of information and files to be moved, this is not conveinent for me right now. please suggest another solution.

radioman
hi friend,when pressing any key to skip the scene , then also it hangs, is there any way to get rid of this problem. I cannot now update to XP sp3 because there is a lot of information and files to be moved, this is not conveinent for me right now. please suggest another solution.

Try updating to SP3, it does not mess up any settings/files you currently have on your computer. It saves all your settings before the install, and after you reboot the computer, all settings will be exactly the same as before. That may be your only option if you want the game to run right. Besides, you will have to update sooner or later, so why not get it out of the way now. It only takes about 15 minutes to install(at least for me anyway). Like I said it will give you A LOT better performance and stability not only with games, but also the internet and the rest of the programs you use. Hope this helps.

tiruvel
If you're problem is only during the cutscene movie, the you can always press the Space Bar or any key to skip the Cutscene. I do it all the time. I have the same graphics card on my laptop, and had problems with the game, but after I updated to SP3, the game works a lot better. So try updating to XP SP3. You can update from Microsoft.com, here. or through the Windows Update program that comes with XP-like I did. Also, if you have at least a Dual Core Processor that helps the game run better also. Hope this helps.

windows 7 ultimate

Intel®celeron® M cpu [email protected] GHZ

RAM 512 mb

My game gets stopped during the conversation with the hotel owner in bar brawl mission.

I have deleted gta-VC- set and tried.

I have also reinstalled the game.But still the same happens.

Iam not able to skip the conversation too.

Please let me know if there is any other way to complete the mission.

Event name: GTA-VC-EXE

version: 0.0.0.0

timestamp:00000000

module name:GTA-VC-EXE

Exception code: C 0000005

o.s.version 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

locale IP 1033

Additional information 1. 0a9e

2.0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882

Spuds725

Please keep your problems in one thread-- this was an old thread so is being locked.

Spuds