1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ilovevicecity324

Ok, so does Claude kill maria?

Superguy361

Its up to the player to what happened.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets close this topic now.... if not.... this topic will go like this....

:karmaeater: Player: NO IT WENT LIKE DIS BLAH BLAH BLAH

:miranda: Admin: THIS TOPIC IS GOING CRAZY!! ALL OF YOU TAKE THIS!!! :miranda: :miranda: :miranda: :miranda: :miranda:

:panic: Player: NO PLZ ROCKSTAR HELP USSSSSS :r*: :r*: :r*: :r*: :r*:

:yawn: Random Cat: TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOOOLLLLLLLL :catloaf: :catloaf: :catloaf: I AM ROCKSTAR/R*

rockingMINES

I guess the gun is let off by mistake....

i dont think he loved her....did he guys???

Edited by GTAKid667

crashoverride93

Topic:

Whether someone claims he did or didn't...proof would be needed. Therefore, it's impossible to answer one way or another...since it's not a full cutscene, and even evidence one way or another is non-existant.

I should mention that you can have Maria show up after the credits have rolled if you choose to. Just have the two of you close to a vehicle's passenger door as you take a shot at the chopper. If you enter the vehicle before the rocket actually hits it's target, there is just enough time for Maria to get in the passenger seat. After the credits, the vehicle is teleported back to the Shoreside safehouse...and Maria will exit and walk in a random direction (often toward the rear of the garage) until she's out of draw distance.

This too is not evidence to say that he didn't...just an interesting trick supplied by the game engine.

I must say this is interesting I have never known this before

crashoverride93

I have a idea about this that I never checked but its possible cutscenes are not checked but I would say right after the helicopter goes down try to pause the game before the cutscene and check people wasted stat both by you and others and get their amounts then check tgem again after and see if one kill was added to one of them that may give a clue.

Edited by crashoverride93

Claude98

No i think it was a warning shot to shut her up i mean it makes no sense for claude to kill her yeah i mean he would not care if he had to but i think he just warned her

captain jack sparrow

if it was just a warning shot then maria would scream or something maybe it did killed her but i don't think so cause catalina was with  claude for 9 years and claude did not shot her anoying ass maybe it was just a warning shot and maybe maria lived with claude in that big safehouse you get when you unlock the third island

Cjrememberthat
4 hours ago, captain jack sparrow said:

if it was just a warning shot then maria would scream or something maybe it did killed her but i don't think so cause catalina was with  claude for 9 years and claude did not shot her anoying ass maybe it was just a warning shot and maybe maria lived with claude in that big safehouse you get when you unlock the third island

Maybe Maria just got scared with the shot and shut the f*ck up(didn't even scream), or she screamed but game finished for real and we ain't even heard that

aint this sh*t old anymore? We'll never get to know that and enough

Evil empire

Rockstar probably didn't know the reaction the players would have about Maria and what to do with her in a sequel so they better had to leave all the possibilities open. With the ambiguous ending GTA 3 offers Rockstar could as well make Maria die in a sequel, turn her into an antagonist etc, I think it's all there's to know.

blaze

It's been discussed a million times with a million outcomes but for the sake of continuity I'll chuck my two cents in. Initially I was going to give a sarcastic reply based on why Claude would give up 500k just to get Maria back, have a shootout with the Colombian cartel before proceeding to destroy a f*cking helicopter to then kill the woman he just saved - and then it hit me that (in my opinion) all of Claude's actions in the game are a means to an end, that end being killing Catalina. He has no specific ties, affiliations or obligations to anyone throughout the game and will work for anyone in his quest for revenge. Salvatore treat Claude well up until trying to kill him (which was Maria's fault) at whichpoint Claude kills him to gain acceptance with the Yakuza and further his cause, Kenji whilst being a little blunt was impressed with Claude's skills and paid him well yet Claude has no qualms killing him to impress Donald Love, again to further his cause. With that in mind, is him shooting Maria really that far out of the realm of possibility? She refers to him as Fido ie a dogs name giving the implication he's little more than a play thing, tells Salvatore they're an item nearly costing Claude his life, plus lets face it if you just single handedly disbanded the f*cking Colombian Cartel and the woman you save is moaning about her hair I wouldn't blame him for shooting her either.

GTA_CAT
13 minutes ago, blaze said:

It's been discussed a million times with a million outcomes but for the sake of continuity I'll chuck my two cents in. Initially I was going to give a sarcastic reply based on why Claude would give up 500k just to get Maria back, have a shootout with the Colombian cartel before proceeding to destroy a f*cking helicopter to then kill the woman he just saved - and then it hit me that (in my opinion) all of Claude's actions in the game are a means to an end, that end being killing Catalina. He has no specific ties, affiliations or obligations to anyone throughout the game and will work for anyone in his quest for revenge. Salvatore treat Claude well up until trying to kill him (which was Maria's fault) at whichpoint Claude kills him to gain acceptance with the Yakuza and further his cause, Kenji whilst being a little blunt was impressed with Claude's skills and paid him well yet Claude has no qualms killing him to impress Donald Love, again to further his cause. With that in mind, is him shooting Maria really that far out of the realm of possibility? She refers to him as Fido ie a dogs name giving the implication he's little more than a play thing, tells Salvatore they're an item nearly costing Claude his life, plus lets face it if you just single handedly disbanded the f*cking Colombian Cartel and the woman you save is moaning about her hair I wouldn't blame him for shooting her either.

I was about to comment this, but you explained it way more developed. Yeah, Claude only pays money to get to Catalina and he has killed more than one time people that were alledgedly allies or friends so I think he just got rid of Maria.

LCLegend

I would like to say yes, Claude did kill Maria. If you’ve noticed throughout the story, pretty much every major mission giver and major character leaves you in some way with the exception being Maria. Claude shooting Maria pretty much ties all the loose ends together and completes the story. It would just seem fitting for this to be the ending.

blaze

^ I forgot to also mention that yeah, Maria is essentially the only viable witness to the whole thing 😛