2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Chinatown Wars to have Choppers

i_speel_good

Wow ! What a surprise, after seeing that GTA CTW had Motorcycles I'm really amazed that they managed to cramm flying vehicles inside aswell.

You can see proof here: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/Flash/ONM.html

And my crappy paint job for the non-flash guys: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/6/1567582/1left.jpg

Source

This game seems more awesome from news to news !

I wonder if those minigames contain Billard ^^.

I found this on gbatemp - I think it's really awesome that we're gonna have so many vechicles!

The Horror Is Alive

Wow, nice.

One thing that gets me is that they called the GTAIV police evasion system "traditional". Bastards. Disrespecting the older games.

Omnia sunt Communia

I cannot see this being a major part of gameplay. There were helicopters in Liberty City Stories remember? They weren't too great. I expect the same to be true for Chinatown Wars.

The Horror Is Alive

1. Choppers weren't readily available in LCS.

2. LCS had a "true 3D" viewpoint, where you could see everything, so it'll probably work better than in CTW.

NOTE THAT I KNOW CTW IS 3D! I WAS ALWAYS ONE TO ARGUE THAT IT WAS!

Also there's a part where the helicopter will be AI piloted and you'll be throwing off molotovs

Wow ! What a surprise, after seeing that GTA CTW had Motorcycles I'm really amazed that they managed to cramm flying vehicles inside aswell.

You can see proof here: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/Flash/ONM.html

And my crappy paint job for the non-flash guys: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/6/1567582/1left.jpg

Source

This game seems more awesome from news to news !

I wonder if those minigames contain Billard ^^.

I found this on gbatemp - I think it's really awesome that we're gonna have so many vechicles!

GET THE f*ck OUTTA HERE!!! Wow! Aircraft in CTW!?

Very unexpected.

• 1 month later...

even if rock* puts the helicopters in the real game, they will pretty much suck. I dont hate the ds, its just weaker then a much more worthy system like psp. THe bikes you wont probably be able to even drive. And the helis i am pretty sure I know how they will fly. No collission detection, just fly over anything with the same heli, and you can only land in certain areas. Dont overestimate chinatown wars. The game will surely not live up to hype, and the planes? They will be taken out because it is too hard to make a good handling, or rockstar wont even bother to try to make a half assed plane. The best you can get is possibly a cheat device to spawn a horribly flying plane. Remember, ds cartriges only hold about 50 megabytes of space.

Remember, ds cartriges only hold about 50 megabytes of space.

256 MB, to be precise. wink.gif As for the rest of your post -- you seem like the kind of guy who would say IV was a disappointment, bashing around on CW. I know the DS is not as powerful as the PSP, but R* Leeds should be able to get everything out of it. smile.gif

SsZgxdL.png

Inactive in GTA/R* title modification indefinitely pursuant to a court order obtained by TTWO. Good job acting against modding!

I think CTW is just a way to milk some money out of DS owners, as they haven't released on a Nintendo since they did they London expansion packs for GTA2. Don't flame, just making a point.

I think CTW is just a way to milk some money out of DS owners, as they haven't released on a Nintendo since they did they London expansion packs for GTA2. Don't flame, just making a point.

That's actually not true, they released Grand Theft Auto Advanced to the Gameboy Advanced the same day as GTA:SA was released.

even if rock* puts the helicopters in the real game, they will pretty much suck. I dont hate the ds, its just weaker then a much more worthy system like psp. THe bikes you wont probably be able to even drive. And the helis i am pretty sure I know how they will fly. No collission detection, just fly over anything with the same heli, and you can only land in certain areas. Dont overestimate chinatown wars. The game will surely not live up to hype, and the planes? They will be taken out because it is too hard to make a good handling, or rockstar wont even bother to try to make a half assed plane. The best you can get is possibly a cheat device to spawn a horribly flying plane. Remember, ds cartriges only hold about 50 megabytes of space.

hey FOR THE LAST TIME the game IS 3D. its just top down. expect to be able to crash into tall buildings

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that heli is player-piloted.

Also, I think people are fighting about statue of happiness saying it's not in the game? It is :x

I saw the ingame model for it, it's there.

edit: I replied to the wrong topic, I meant to reply to the one linking to this one tounge.gif

Edited by chngdman

f*ck gbatemp that website is fag infested so its for fags, fags obsessed with gay memes from encyclopedia dramatica ps im a gay lil bitch back on topic, any1 know if u control it?

That looks insane man choppers in CW haha.

Yeah butt....

In Vice City, they were simply amazing given the shortcummings...haha

I recall a stormy weather front bringing the black tinged skies laced with lighting as well as audible thunder and vibration. There's no substitute for that.

[i am talking about flying a heli during a storm, BTW]

FILIPINOMAZTER

it doesnt really matter if theres no heli coz it would be hard to tell if ur above building or not on this kind of view