2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Illousion

How good is a Chevy S10?

Illousion

Well so it's soon time for my first car, and i have considered an S10. There pretty cheap up here. But are they any good?

Thanks!

In Your Nightmares

Id go with a s-10. Ive had one as a 2nd ride, for a few years. My dads drove it more than I have though. It has 294 Thousand miles on it. Still drives perfect. I want to bodydrop it but its to perfect of a truck to cut up.

lurchseesu420

I think I had one once....

I thought it was pretty cool at the time. Shame I didn't have it long. It was neato.

Edited by lurchseesu420

In Your Nightmares

Lurch, personally I love the Square body s-series, but from all the motors ive seen put in the S-10, Id have the 4.3 Vortec over anything. its not all the big of motor but it still handles itself quiet well. Up until they were killed off, thats what most of the s-10's came with. Myself Id love to be able to find a 88 up to the early 94 square body with the vortec.

lurchseesu420

Mine was a TBI Iron Duke that shot oil out the tailpipe. My intention was to throw in a SBC/th350 combo after I blew up the iron duke, but sadly I never had it long enough for that to happen.

And yes, the Square bodies with the 4.3's are pretty mean.

Edited by lurchseesu420

In Your Nightmares

I think my dads last sqaure body was the iron duke. I wasnt to for sure, I never messed with it all that much.

Illousion

How expensive is the insurence on an S10 with the new body? 2.2 ofcourse.

tristan

Get a single cab one, then you can call it the Bobcat!

user posted image

But really, do you have to have a "pick up"/ ute for a first car? Unless you are a tradesman I don't really see the point. Shouldn't there be a few 80's Fox Body Mustangs/ Comaros around for cheap? Plus da biteches wont luv yo whip wit out da backseat fo' da lovin'.

Illousion
Get a single cab one, then you can call it the Bobcat!

user posted image

But really, do you have to have a "pick up"/ ute for a first car? Unless you are a tradesman I don't really see the point. Shouldn't there be a few 80's Fox Body Mustangs/ Comaros around for cheap? Plus da biteches wont luv yo whip wit out da backseat fo' da lovin'.

Thing is that i want a pickup. Pickups are the coolest vehicles around. I wanted to have a US car, but a pickup at the same time. So it came down to an S10. See i want to have a "special" car when everybody up here drives a MK1 Golf, Volvo 240/740, Mazda 323 etc you get the point.

In Your Nightmares

I dont know about insurance were you are, But a Square body on my name would be 100 bucks a month. The newer body style ones shouldnt be all that bad.

If you get one you should bag and body drop it, then you would be cooler than everyone else biggrin.gif.

user posted image

user posted image

Illousion

Lmao, you think i sh*t out money? I was thinking of raising it in the back and putting chromespokes on it icon14.gif

In Your Nightmares

haha true. Now with the kits, you can get good deals, but I like your idea. Idk about the raising, if you do it right and choose the right wheels, then yes it will look great.

tristan

So a inline 4 cyclinder enigne is what you call "special"? You be better onto putting a small black Chev engine in otherwise you'll be arse raped by every import under the sun.

stretch.
So a inline 4 cyclinder enigne is what you call "special"? You be better onto putting a small black Chev engine in otherwise you'll be arse raped by every import under the sun.

cosworth YB engine.

I4's can put out some big numbers.

Don't do chrome wheels, look retarded on a truck unless it's slammed.

If you're gonna raise it, big chunky off road tyres and wheels are the best bet.

Illousion

With special i ment something a little more rare than an Opel Astra.

Little Chris

What happens when you come to speedbumps nightmare?

lurchseesu420

Have you never seen a bagged ride? It'll raise at the flick of a switch.

In Your Nightmares

haha what lurch said. Plus its pretty much useless to drive completely laid out. Couldnt turn your wheels in sharp turns. Unless you air the front up and drop the back, then you get a pretty night show biggrin.gif .

tristan

cosworth YB engine.

If you're gonna raise it, big chunky off road tyres and wheels are the best bet.

Whoa. I never said all Inline 4s are sh*t, just sh*tful American made ones powering bloody 1400kg plus pickups. I love the Ford Sierra RS500 btw.

Rocketkiller

cosworth YB engine.

Whoa. I never said all Inline 4s are sh*t, just sh*tful American made ones powering bloody 1400kg plus pickups. I love the Ford Sierra RS500 btw.

My friend had a 4-banger S10, square body, not sure of the engine size, but damn it was gutless, the only way he could get decent wheelspin was if he took off the bed and launched really hard, and even then it was barely anything. Trust me, it's incredibly weak and slow, if you're getting an S10 at least get the vortec engine.

Quick Stop

I doubt he can afford it with this being his first car.

dog_day_sunrise

Is there any need for you to get a mahoosive pickup truck, or is it just an artificial penis extention thing?

It's going to be slow, have a turning circle the size of Russia, unwieldy, ride like crap if it's slammed, be useless and expensive if it's bagged and make most people think you are a penis. Buy a real car.

[/2p]

Starion

Is there any need for you to get a mahoosive pickup truck, or is it just an artificial penis extention thing?

It's going to be slow, have a turning circle the size of Russia, unwieldy, ride like crap if it's slammed, be useless and expensive if it's bagged and make most people think you are a penis. Buy a real car.

[/2p]

Okay.. the truck he wants isn't exactly big at all, infact it's really small compared to other pickup trucks sold in the US. It will probably be slow, but it is a first car after all. I'm not exactly sure about the ride or the turning circle, but it wouldn't be expensive at all to fix or repair because Chevrolet made millions of these things.

Also, he is in America so buying a pickup truck will not make him look like a penis at all.

lurchseesu420

I doubt he can afford it with this being his first car.

And this matters why? You asked how you would avoid speedbumbs, not if he could afford it or not.

In Your Nightmares

[/2p]

Honestly you would be surprised by the s-10 and all it can do.

The whole slammed thing was a joke, Im into it. I know everyone else isnt into the same as I am but dont say the ride quality is crap when you havent rode in one yourself monocle.gif.

by saying a s-10 is a "Mahoosive Pickup Truck" is funny to me, because you have to be really small compared to these trucks and you couldnt say this truck would compensate for penis size either.

dog_day_sunrise
but dont say the ride quality is crap when you havent rode in one yourself monocle.gif.

I used to be really into the VW scene so I know all about air ride. It can look the mutts nutts, but they never ride very well.

Illousion

[/2p]

Okay.. the truck he wants isn't exactly big at all, infact it's really small compared to other pickup trucks sold in the US. It will probably be slow, but it is a first car after all. I'm not exactly sure about the ride or the turning circle, but it wouldn't be expensive at all to fix or repair because Chevrolet made millions of these things.

Also, he is in America so buying a pickup truck will not make him look like a penis at all.

I'm in Sweden, buddy turn.gif

But as i have stated before, it is nice to have a rather different car.

Starion

[/2p]

I'm in Sweden, buddy turn.gif

Fack.

okay everyone, forget about my post. sad.gif

Picolini

S-10's are tiny trucks compared to the F150's and Ram's driving around here.

I'd say they're generally about as long as my Camaro, thinner width wise, and only about a half a foot to a foot taller.

edit:

The short beds are a few inches SHORTER than my Camaro, while the extended cabs are 10 inches longer

Camaro: 193x72.8x50.4 (length, width, height, in inches)

S-10: 190-203x67.9x63.5

There ya go. Roughly the same size of my Camaro. Which I will admit is a large car, but that doesn't make the S-10 a large truck by any means.

Edited by Picolini

In Your Nightmares
but dont say the ride quality is crap when you havent rode in one yourself  monocle.gif.

I used to be really into the VW scene so I know all about air ride. It can look the mutts nutts, but they never ride very well.

its obviously two different vehicles so the rides going to be different. Id put Air on anything, which is what im doing here within the next 2 or 3 months.