Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,792 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Oddimus

GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Out of video memory

Question

Oddimus

GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Out of Video momory - Please reboot your System

Hello! Any suggestions, Thanks!

Th3KAS

I have the same problem w/ a GTX 260. Runs perfectly for a half hour until the error pops up.

konag

I have this game installed on both a comp with a dual core and a quad. both have similar graphic cards and 4 gigs of ram. I hadn't really tried playing on the dual core until today and got this error every 2 minutes.

Rockstar Toronto

Please try one of the following command lines:

-memrestrict 629145600

(for high textures)

-memrestrict 314572800

(for medium)

-memrestrict 209715200

(for low)

KapptainKillerz

-memrestrict 629145600

(for high textures)

-memrestrict 314572800

(for medium)

-memrestrict 209715200

(for low)

Sorry, i've tried this commandline's these didn't work !!!

OR

i'm doing it the wrong way !!!

OR

they aren't working at all

please help me !!!

ah0i.bRAuSe

-memrestrict 629145600

(for high textures)

-memrestrict 314572800

(for medium)

-memrestrict 209715200

(for low)

i tested that thing.. but.. 300mb which is in fact 314572800 byte are a too heavy restriction for 512mb cards. furthermore 600 mb which is 629145600 is too much for 512mb cards.

so i thought to take the exact byte for the memory that gta4 determines. its 499mb which gta4 shows for me in the options menü. in byte these are 523239424.

that helped me against the f*ckin lod redraw problem. after i entered the exact byte number my lod is loading perfectly and fast.. so it might only be a small engine bug that the engine isn't possible to calculate that.

but what i wanted to say.. it doesn't matter if i enter 314572800, 523239424 or 629145600. the game behaves exactly the same.. load redrawn problem is fixed but instead of that now the game stutters more sad.gif no matter what value i take its always the same -.- (i took 499mb in bytes cause it doens't matter as i mentioned so i tought that restricting the memory to the exact available memory might be better than to 300mb rofl wink.gif )

but in fact it seems like a placebo fix for me.. it fixes one sh*tty thing but adds another sh*tty problem instead of that sad.gif you can coose.. slow lod redraw or more stuttering rofl sad.gif

a new patch is really needed !!

killer45acp

-memrestrict 629145600

(for high textures)

-memrestrict 314572800

(for medium)

-memrestrict 209715200

(for low)

user posted image

This fix didn't work for me, I still get the RESC10 error. angry.gif

user posted image

We need a patch to fix this! Not the same commands that do not work!

user posted image

Edited by killer45acp

DRMetzger

Did you try the command lines in a commandline.txt file in the gta4 directory? I've at least heard of some success through doing it that way. Having virtual memory turned off probably doesn't help matters any either.

killer45acp

Did you try the command lines in a commandline.txt file in the gta4 directory?  I've at least heard of some success through doing it that way.  Having virtual memory turned off probably doesn't help matters any either.

I have put the commandline.txt file in the GTA IV folder, but I still get the RESC10 error. Read some of my posts here and you would see that virtual memory has nothing to do with my RESC10 error, I get it with VM on or off. If I turn off "clip capture" I can play for about 4 hours before I get the RESC10 error and that's without using any commands.

As seen in my other posts if you LOOK!

user posted imageuser posted image

Virtual Memory ON or OFF I still get the RESC10 error

user posted imageuser posted image

Some people only read my signature and as soon as they see I have virtual memory turned off they say "That's that problem" when I have already tested and IT IS NOT!

Edited by killer45acp

toaday

I'm going to give this a try....

I am having the same issue.. The RESC10 (Out of video memory) issue. I have tried all the command line arguments, and right as I start up the game, it defaults to this error. Here are my specs:

XFX 750a SLI Motherboard

AMD Phenom 9950 @ stock clock

8 GB G.Skill PC8400 Memory (4x2GB) running at stock (1066)

Windows Vista Ultimate x64

2x BFG GeForce 9600 Factory OC'd (Tried with and without SLI, with and without PhysX accelleration)

Current Video Driver: 181.20

Others tried: 180.84, 180.48

This is very frustrating, as I would LOVE to play the game, but I can't. Any ideas?

tttt

Rockstar needs to fix this, I'm getting mad with this bug. No solution so far, I've tried everything damn it.

davidri

I get this error message too with modest video settings. I'm using a gtx 280 with 1 gig of ram... total bs.

As end users, we should NOT have to try all these command lines and hacking with settings to get the game to work... total bs!!

Edited by davidri

knacki99

Same here. restriction does not help.

fleetwood

And here. Most dissappointing sad.gif

Abit KN9 SLI / Athlon X2 6000+ / 3.5 Gb / Palit 9800 GTX+ 512 Mb

creacher

Still having this problem as well. The command line only delays the inevitable.

Xenova

I just signed up to share this piece of information.

I've had success with doubling -memrestrict 629145600 and -noprecache in the commandline file and that seems have made the out of memory issue go away for me completely. The only issue I as many other fellow players is the random crash to desktop (CTD) So whatever was causing the out of memory error seems to be resolved by disabling the pre cache and restricting the memory. Memory overflow anyone?

I only recommend adding the -noprecache command if your game is installed on a dedicated fast drive and you have sufficiently fast ram to support.

I was able to get away without caching as my system specs and game settings are as follows:

SYSTEM

Q9550 @ 3.06GHz OC, 4GB DDR3 Ram, dedicated 200GB 10,000Rpm HDD, GTX 280 1 GB Ram

GAME

Res: 1280x1024, View Distance: 32, Detail Distance: 50, Vehicle Density: 50, Shadow Density: 10

Resource: 839/1005

Also if disabling the pre cache, reduces the game load time by 3/4!

I'm running from 58 to 34fps throughout the game regardless of scene complexity, time of day or weather. The CTD can happen any time during game play, there are no errors, just the standard dialouge displayed by windows ' GTAIV has stopped working' I've tried this on a fresh install, disabled all pointless processes and services and still get this, so i don't think its a conflict.

Xenova

I would like to add to my previous post. I applied the new patch 1.0.2.0 and i would like to say that this has opened up more problems than it has solved, for me anyway. Now even with the commandline.txt file and its content as per my last post do not work. I encounter the RESC 10 error every 5 minutes making the game unplayable. And now the game come to a juddering halt as the frames rapidly decrease until you have 1 frame every 2 seconds or more. then the game quits and i am presented with the good old 'GTA IV has stopped working' If the game doest do this, it will freeze up and the last few frames of the crash will be looped backward and forward.

Ive tweaked the new settings in the commandline file and even dumped them completely. This makes no difference. Its aggravating i was having a fair experience with GTA IV before this patch, now i simply can not play it...

toaday

Alright guys, I fixed my issue. Here's how I did it:

1) Downloaded and installed driver sweeper: http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

2) Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs or, if in Vista, Programs and Features, then remove your nVidia display driver. Restart computer after it's finished.

3) Run Driver Sweeper, remove only remnants of the nVidia display driver. It might ask you to restart, if it does, go ahead and do it.

4) Go to nVidia's website at http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us and download the latest beta driver for your operating system.

5) Install driver, it will want you to restart.

After the restart, GTAIV worked great for me! 50+ framerate with settings pretty high. lol.gif

DemolitionsTech

1) Downloaded and installed driver sweeper: http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

2) Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs or, if in Vista, Programs and Features, then remove your nVidia display driver. Restart computer after it's finished.

3) Run Driver Sweeper, remove only remnants of the nVidia display driver. It might ask you to restart, if it does, go ahead and do it.

4) Go to nVidia's website at http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us and download the latest beta driver for your operating system.

After the restart, GTAIV worked great for me! 50+ framerate with settings pretty high. lol.gif

Please give us your system specs

so we may better understand.

Xenova

Which patch does this refer to? if 1.0.2.0 then i may give it a go.

Darecki

It refers to any version of GTA imo wink.gif I'll try this today too.

toaday
I'm going to give this a try....

I am having the same issue.. The RESC10 (Out of video memory) issue. I have tried all the command line arguments, and right as I start up the game, it defaults to this error. Here are my specs:

XFX 750a SLI Motherboard

AMD Phenom 9950 @ stock clock

8 GB G.Skill PC8400 Memory (4x2GB) running at stock (1066)

Windows Vista Ultimate x64

2x BFG GeForce 9600 Factory OC'd (Tried with and without SLI, with and without PhysX accelleration)

Current Video Driver: 181.20

Others tried: 180.84, 180.48

This is very frustrating, as I would LOVE to play the game, but I can't. Any ideas?

Here ya go...

tvojplaton

Thank you man.... It works perfectly...wink.gif

Shadowk1ller

It works for ATi too??

I have a Hd4850 1gb...

Chris Martin

im also having this issue on my rig. but with a ATI Radeon 5770. i havent tried the command lines because i dont know where they go.

Ryan
im also having this issue on my rig. but with a ATI Radeon 5770. i havent tried the command lines because i dont know where they go.

Please don't bump old topics like this.

Have a look here for information on Command Lines.

[GwM]Chavez

damn.. ! i have the same problem now !

i tried with the commandline but it doesnt help !

user posted image

my pc:

intel core 2 duo

2.53 ghz

3 gb ram

ati radeon hd5770 (r5770) 1gb ddr5

// btw. do u all have northon antivirus. cuz this tool once found a file and then delete it.. now my gta4 crashes after few seconds sad.gif

mkey82

Reinstall the game if some file was deleted. RESC10 error can usually be fixed with memrestrict or by using lower settings or by not using any of the norestrict switches.

Shreyas Kukde

Guys the commandline works alien.gif ....I recommend everyone to try each commandline...god knows which one works for u sarcasm.gif ..... for me the first one of medium textures worked... colgate.gif .... I couldn't play the games since I bought it three months ago.... I thought I lost my money.......but am very happy now........

[GwM]Chavez

yes ! now it works thanks ! biggrin.gif

emerygmj

This issue and many others i have experianced myself i tried all the fixes also nothing works if one issue is resolved anothe pops up Rockstar needs to get theyr act toghether all i want to do is play the f**ing game i dont want ot spend hours and hours tring different fixes, dont put the game out untill all issues have been resolved quys com on.

May be Rockster is not concerned with quality but quantiti like Louis Lopez {lol}.

ROCKSTAR FIND A FIX AND GIVE IT TO US SOON.

AS OF YESTER DAY I HAVE A NEW ISSUE now with the sound after palying for about 30 minutes the sound dtops all i get is the traffic noise nothing in missions or anything else wew boy what a piece of s**th maybe the best place for the game is to use it as a book end or better yet as garbage

to all of you out there with problems let's revolt and syop buying Rockstar game till they get theyr act toghether

I apologize for all my spelling mistakes.

thenks