4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[WIP | SCR] Grand Theft Auto IV Beta Mod

SLAYERMAGGOT

Please try to not spam in here, thanks.

@Dvt-MedShot: Thanks for the hint, i will add it to the to do list.  icon14.gif

I need to edit the modell, what's not yet possible.

Excuse me, SLAYERMAGGOT! I've tracking you and you're try to report some topic or post.

Thank you for report my post.

You Spam Again Don't You Know What The Word Spam is

Beetween Where is the Beta Playboy X ?

Well, Playboy X is finished, textures are fixed and done, i can't remove that zip from the hoodie.

Though i removed it from the texture and the spec and bump map. Since i'm not able to export/import characters from GTA IV, i can't remove it.

I've started to make the Loadscreens from the XBOX360, since the beta was created first for the console.

Next on the list will be the Building Edits, this take lot of times to search all that items in the archives.

EDIT: GTA IV XBOX 360 Loadscreens are ingame, i tried too use the loadscreens_360.dat and renamed it to loadscreens_pc.dat,

and voila it worked. It set the picture size in that text file. So it looks always different.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT

Well, Playboy X is finished, textures are fixed and done, i can't remove that zip from the hoodie.

Though i removed it from the texture and the spec and bump map. Since i'm not able to export/import characters from GTA IV, i can't remove it.

I've started to make the Loadscreens from the XBOX360, since the beta was created first for the console.

Next on the list will be the Building Edits, this take lot of times to search all that items in the archives.

EDIT: GTA IV XBOX 360 Loadscreens are ingame, i tried too use the loadscreens_360.dat and renamed it to loadscreens_pc.dat,

and voila it worked. It set the picture size in that text file. So it looks always different.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Great creative thinking, good job!

EDIT: Too bad i have my loadingscreens disabled sad.gif (http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-iv/tools/1862)

Edited by oskarki

I don't understand why the PC version has different loading screens.

user posted image

What is the difference between the beta and the final Playboy X??

Beta: user posted image

Final: user posted image

EDIT: fixed.

Edited by oskarki

Great creative thinking, good job!

EDIT: Too bad i have my loadingscreens disabled sad.gif (http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-iv/tools/1862)

I installed the Intro Patch too, since it sucks me.

Well you can see them in the intro normally and if you load or start a new game too. icon14.gif

sgt.slaughter

do the characters move like they're seperate tex?and i tried the same thing with ps3 screens but it f*cked up badly turn.gif .

do the characters move like they're seperate tex?and i tried the same thing with ps3 screens but it f*cked up badly turn.gif .

The PS3 and the XBOX360 Loadscreens are the same and the charcters don't move seperate.

These are only pictures which are resized to the 16:9 video format.

sgt.slaughter

well my idea for a fix is to have a modder who's played gtaiv on console and have him use a console loading screen as the backround and then use the loading screen again as the moving character but this time make an alpha for the part of the screen that moves like a seperate tex.(this will most likely require photoshop which i sadly don't have cryani.gif .but if i did,i'd make this mod icon14.gif .)so,what do you think rolleyes.gif ?

The beta rims on Roman's Taxi, were the same as the Marbelle has in the final game. So when we can edit the 3D files, we can duplicate Marbelle's rim's to the Roman's Taxi. smile.gif

user posted image

@sgt.slaughter: Ok i will working on them later and see what i can do.

@Dvt-MedShot: I will follow your hint, too bad i can't export car models yet (only weapon models you can export yet)

EDIT: You can view our mod now on gtagarage.com too. LINK

Big Thanks to BlazerRotare to upload it to codenamegta.com LINK

First post updated: Images added to the to-do list.

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT

It's not uploaded there, because the size limit is 6 MB and the Preview Release is 7 MB big.

The next version coming soon and will be much bigger. smile.gif

You can download it on codenamegta.net or other 5 Mirrors. icon14.gif

Hey can we bring this car glow back?

user posted image

It looks very nice! It's not that much realistic, but it looks nice. smile.gif

You can see it also here, under Graphics.

user posted image

Edited by Dvt-MedShot

Think so, but i need to find out how. It's already added to the to-do list when the mod started.

Btw i found the Hove Beach Logo from the Beta it has red/blue/white colors. I can't open the texture, only the model. smile.gif

Too bad i don't found the real one.

user posted image

user posted image

I found something that was in the beta!

If you look at the commercial from cnt with the car wash

you see that car wash used to have 2 top brushes and 4 side brushes

instead of 2 side brushes and 1 top brush.

But if we wanna make that we must first find the animation file for the car wash

and the sign of the car wash said 2.99 $ for taxis instead of 3$

Edited by ThatsCool

Suction Testicle Man
It's not uploaded there, because the size limit is 6 MB and the Preview Release is 7 MB big.

The next version coming soon and will be much bigger. smile.gif

You can download it on codenamegta.net or other 5 Mirrors. icon14.gif

If you look on the file upload page at GTAGarage you'll see that if you open a support ticket, we'll increase the filesize for you. I've increased the limit to 10MB, let me know when you want more.

If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

@Suction Testicle Man: Yeah i read that, but wasn't sure how that works, thanks icon14.gif

It just need to be approved. The next version comes at the end of this week. smile.gif

I found the Front Gate of the Ferry Station too, hope i can place it back in the game.

user posted image

user posted image

That's the Beta Pic

the Ferry Gate is in-game whats the Problem?..

Do you mind pointing out on a map of Liberty City where your so-called ferry gate is then?

Think so, but i need to find out how. It's already added to the to-do list when the mod started.

Btw i found the Hove Beach Logo from the Beta it has red/blue/white colors. I can't open the texture, only the model. smile.gif

Too bad i don't found the real one.

user posted image

user posted image

This is very good. We're very lucky that R* didn't remove all the beta files... tounge.gif

The mod is still alive!  biggrin.gif

I found the Front Gate of the Ferry Station too, hope i can place it back in the game.

user posted image

user posted image

That's the Beta Pic

It's still in the files! That's great! But where should you place this ferry? That's the question.

But I'm not so enthusiastic about the police cars without logo's. It wasn't just done yet.

I mean, the ferry, Hove Beach sign, Playboy X' hoody, MP5, black taxi's are definitely things which have been changed or removed throughout the GTA IV production process.

But the police cars weren't just done yet. Because you can see police cars with logo's in other beta screens. I don't think it's necessary to restore this back.

You submitted this screenshot by yourself:

user posted image

And besides, who wants police cars without logo's? I think it's ugly and not complete. wink.gif

Ok, i agree with you, it looks not nice, but if you look at these screens, you can clearly see that they exists.

1 2 3

I won't release these Policecars without Logos, since i already made the Beta Logos like in these screen: CLICK, which not fits to the model, so i need to change it icon14.gif

Hey Slayer are you going to make the glass here transparent like the Beta Version of it in Trailer 1 ?

Transparent Glass

EDIT: Fixed

user posted image

while were still talking about BETA Version of GTA IV, I just had to point out about Mega Mart From Things WIll Be Different Trailer

dont know if its possible to make it but my thoughts would be that it was gonna be an american verision of the russian shop where you could get the same clothing

heres how i would make this, modeling maybe I will try to help on it

first of all

i would have to make an area for clothing with a sign saying athletic wear above it

hunting area, where you can get knife, basic shotgun,desert eagle and G17 and the basic sniper rifle over the counter with deer and bear maniquins around and dome tent

Sports area with Airtug(golf cart) on display(which you can drive) with non grabbabe golf culbs around, pool table with billards, baseball bat that you can buy and last but not least a set of Bowling Balls and Pins for sale

unlike Nerdman 3000, im not relunctant to get this ready for you slayer and make it

heres a checklist of what i will need to do(but am more then likely for assitance):

Dome Tent ( )

Mega Mart Exterior ( )

Mega Mart Door ( )

Golf Culbs ( )

Deer Maniquin ( )

Bear Maniquin ( )

Gun Shop Style Counter showing textures of Armaments (X) 1

Main Mega Mart Counter ( )

Mega Mart Employee Clothing for Man and Woman ( )

Signs ( ) 1

Posters ( )

Mega Mart Interior ( )

Edited by jjcoolj91

In_da_Houser=-420*

Havent seen this mod until now, just noticed it over at GTAGarage and it sounds really great.

The to do-list at the first page here is missing the different skies colour under the Particle section though, maybe you have deleated it.

Anyway, its looking gr8 and will gladly follow this to completion icon14.gifcool.gifph34r.gif

Do you mind pointing out on a map of Liberty City where your so-called ferry gate is then?

this is it right? the ferry gate? dontgetit.gif if it's another thing sorry i Didn't know..

user posted image

Seriously, that's been there the whole time in Alderney? (I noticed the RON building)

If that has been there this entire time then why has everybody been saying that it's all a beta thing?