2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[WIP | SCR] Grand Theft Auto IV Beta Mod

SLAYERMAGGOT

Nah, it's just the grille which was different in the beta, it is the same grille like the one in TBOGT yeah, but i've already made that. icon14.gif

EDIT1: Our GTA IV Beta Mod team got a new member: NorthStarGTA4 icon14.gif

He will make weapon sounds for the HK MP5 and the Revolver, he have already made the awesome "Silenced Pistol Sound Mod" CHECK it out! wink.gif

EDIT2: Some new screens!

user posted image

Beta Mallorie with purple jacket and without glasses.

user posted image

Roman wearing his Beta Outfit.

user posted image

Roman with his Beta Jacket.

user posted image

Roman wearing his bloody Beta Jacket.

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT

certain things like texture editing I'm sure you can do but other things like climbing on telephone poles might not be possible because you might have to screw with euphoria physics a little bit

I can also edit models, convert stuff, .dat editing and much more...

It's possible that Niko can climb onto telephone poles since there is a animation for it already in the game files and it's used by the telephone pole worker which also climb it up, so this can be done by scripts, in the preview was mentioned that Niko got a overview of Liberty City from the top of the telphone pole, i'll need to contact some scripters soon. icon14.gif

NikoBellicHatesBowling

Brucie top in the beta:

user posted image

Derrick Mc originally was ment to wear a shirt with a tie:

user posted image

Interesting texture with beta peds and SA money:

user posted image

Beta ped:

user posted image

Almost all of them were found on Interiors/generic/bars files

Brucie beta was found on bruciesexecutivelifestyleautos.com

Edited by NikoBellicHatesBowling

Cool finds man, that'll be very helpful, take some cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gificon14.gif

I found a lot beta stuff on the websites in spark iv, tons of beta characters/peds/cars and more. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Pics added! biggrin.gif

user posted image

Brucie without tattoes on his body.

user posted image

Clearer pic of the beta jacket of brucie and a nice rendered Super GT.

user posted image user posted image

Cluckin Bell Interior.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Some Beta Peds. (not sure if all are removed)

user posted image

Krapea Advert (furniture manufacturer) which shows a very early Mule.

First of all it doesn't have the Krapea Advert, those wheels in the final version, also other changes can be seen, the untextured interior won't be remaked since it looks cheap.

user posted image

I have never seen those Bean Machine assistents in the game, neither in the game files, so i guess they have cut them because the Bean Machine isn't visitable. As you can see on the pic it's very blurred, so i guess it's unfinished or something, but it'll be cool if i could make the visitable again, with those Bean Machine workers in there. icon14.gif

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT

If you want i maded a texture of Beta Brucie it still need some tweaks , but i will maded them wink.gif

NorthStarGTA4

Hey man thanks for the kudos biggrin.gif This mods lookin sweet, and I can tell you've all put a lot of time into it icon14.gif I'm honored I can contribute cool.gif

And i'm happy that my team got one more great modder icon14.gif

@Weirdo: Nice try, that can be made in some seconds i guess.

Well if you look closely, you can see that it's wheels/front bumper/indicators are also different. tounge2.gif

And i'm happy that my team got one more great modder icon14.gif

@Weirdo: Nice try, that can be made in some seconds i guess.

Well if you look closely, you can see that it's wheels/front bumper/indicators are also different. tounge2.gif

I know, I just wanted to make the ad for my own personal use.

Yup, this are just speculations of car names made before GTA IV got released.

Besides some beta screenshots, which i have seen before, nothing is new, since i know the GTA IV cars. icon14.gif

It's quite similar to this pre-release vehicle page on gta4.net.

Small update:

dvt-medshot told me that there's a bug with the lights, which was zmodeler 2 fault again, but it could be fixed easily, not it looks way better. icon14.gif

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT

in the screenshot where packie wear his casual clothes one cop behind him holding a nightstik;

looks like the BETA version of GTA IV content new weapons was removed from final GTA IV.

in the screenshot where packie wear his casual clothes one cop behind him holding a nightstik;

looks like the BETA version of GTA IV content new weapons was removed from final GTA IV.

I like the part were you say packie

Found out some things:

Steel Horse - a new motorcycle (or beta name for "Zombie")

GTAWikia says:

Steel Horse is a motorcycle manufacturer in Grand Theft Auto IV. Its name doesn't appear on motorcycles, but the police on the police radio will refer to a motorcycle as one. The only known vehicle made by Steel Horse (so far) is the Zombie. It could be based on American IronHorse. 

Bobber - Beta "Freeway"

Buffalo - Proves even more that the Buffalo was already made for GTA IV, but was cut later.

E109 - Beta "Contender"

GT - Beta "Super GT" or the possibilty that the Bullet GT was planned to appear in IV.

Ice Cream Truck - Beta Mr. Tasty?

Min - New Beta Car?

Previon - Possible Proof that the Previon was planned as return from SA.

SWAT - Beta (NOOSE) Enforcer or any SWAT Vehicle

Yacht - Possible Proof that a DRIVABLE Yacht was planned for IV, but later cut and featured then in TBOGT but not to be driven.

NOTE: All sounds can be found in "pc - audio - Sfx - POLICE_SCANNER.rpf - POLICE_SCANNER - MODEL.ivaud

sh*t i really do need to get a gaming pc. i dont like playing on my macbook. not enough power. i want high quality and performance!

Majestic - Beta lowrider car from SA in IV ? mercie_blink.gif

I found it in "pc - audio - Sfx - POLICE_SCANNER.rpf - POLICE_SCANNER - MODEL

In this file I found a Trawler. What is it?

Edit. In STREAMED_VEHICLES.rpf is file called TRAWLER.ivaud. In this file is sound WATER_TURBULANCE. Trawler is boat?

Edited by City_Poke912

HHnErXC.png

@playaindahood: Yup with a good PC which can IV easily, it is really enjoyable, my pc is really lame, but still i love it lol.gif

@mrdavydov96: I was wondering about this too, now i found it out.

So the Majestic in GTA SA resembles the Buick Regal like the Faction in GTA IV do.

So it could be either a beta name of the Faction or maybe it looked more like the real SA Majestic in IV Quality, if so i could update the Faction, but i think i'll stick with a simple name change. smile.gif

@City_Poke912: Sounds like a muscle car somehow, check the idle wink.gif

EDIT: Nothing much, but i thought i just post it. So it this changes the names from their IV cars to the beta car names. For now i just made it for the american.gxt, but i can make it for other languages as well. If there are any more beta car names i can add them easily.

user posted image

Bobber (Beta Freeway)

user posted image

E109 (Beta Contender)

user posted image

Majestic (Beta Faction)

I think about giving the Faction a design more like the SA Majestic, just with in IV quality.

I'll also convert the Previon and will work on other cars/stuff, to the release date of 2.5 some things will be fixed at least i gonna make the installer. So you should backup before you install it, but all of that you can read in the readme later. Some bonus stuff will be included like wallpaper, icons and more as christmas gift. icon14.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT

Hey, just stopped by to say i could do some script jobs if you want. Just tell me what to make. (scripts as in asi scripts)

Could for example make it day when niko comes from boat, bring whores home, or something similar.

EDIT; also, if you manage to make an installer which finds GTA IV dir automaticly, it would be nice of you to tell me how:)

Edited by nixolas1

That would be very awesome, i need scripts for the following:

Dock workers carry planks

The just should carry planks around like peds carry mobile phones and mp3-player (lol bad example)

Climb telephone poles

Niko should be able to climb up telephone poles, like when press "F" on keyboard he should put this hands on the pole and climb up using a animation of the telephone pole worker.

Call for limousine rides (like he can call for taxi rides)

Bring prostitutes at home

Niko could take a bus ride (mentioned in previews)

Buses should stop at bus stations so Niko can get in to take a ride.

Well, i think pathes need to be added as well.

Niko arrived at daylight in Liberty City with the Platypus

Would be really cool, if you could make some of that stuff possible. biggrin.gificon14.gif

If you want i can add you add you as mebmer on the team as scripter. smile.gif

EDIT1: The best would be if those script have backwards support for 1.004 and if you update those scripts then for later patches. icon14.gif

EDIT2: Just worked on the beta feltzer, check out the screens.

Changes: Grille without emblem, removed badges, new rims. icon14.gif

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT

i think you forgot more things like the ak 74 and the spaz in the artwork for more infos of the beta version just go and check out this Video

for some beta screenshots go to GTA Macreators the only problem is in french.

may be its good to use google translations CLICK

Edited by Massyl

There was no AK74, it is the AK47 with a differnet stock. quechus13 did already made it, just check the screenshots on the first page.

Well it looks much like the GTA San Andreas SPAS 12, i will convert and overwork it.

user posted image

Also there's another artwork from the SPAS12 in GTA IV CLICK

EDIT: quechus13 decided to make a SPAS from scratch in known good quality. smile.gif

Little Updates:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Wooden Baseball Bat, overworked version by Dvt-Medshot, it got a more realistic look. BTW that's my own custom Niko, which won't be in the mod.

Beta Brucie (topless), besides the one back tattoo there weren't any other tattoo's in the beta, also i have made an blue/black sweatband like in the beta.

NOTE: The chain looks weird, because i just retextured it, can't removed the second chain for now, because of limited .wdd support (no export yet) in ZModeler 2.

In this picture you can see his beta outfits:

user posted image

Also i got permission of GRIM!! to use his awesome HK MP5 in GTA IV.

r.schuindt converted GRIM!!s weapons in this topic: CLICK

user posted image

Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT

I thought about the misc stuff on the to do list:

Yellow weapon pickup

I think this one is impossible, i guess it's hardcoded and can't be done so easy with small hex edits.

Dock workers carry planks

Alright, that can't be that hard, since there is a model/texture for a plank in weapons.img, as well as a animation called "[email protected]_hold.wad".

There are also peds in GTA IV which holds coffee cups, mp3 players, mobile phones and more. At first i though it can be done by edits in the "pedpersonality.dat", as i seen flags like "+phoneuser+murdercallpolice+cancarryweapons".

So i'm not sure how that "+phoneuser" is handeled by the game, because i can't find more about the flags.

Climb telephone poles (mentioned in previews)

Often discussed about that, it's possible.

There's a telephone pole worker in Liberty City, and there exists a animation to climb up a telephone pole, so Niko can use this one with a little custom script.

Call for limousine rides (like he can call for taxi rides)

Maybe it's possible to copy the taxi ride code for that and just replace "taxi" with "stretch". icon14.gif

Bring prostitutes at home

Maybe a flag in the pedpersonality.dat will do the trick.

I just don't have clue how to add new flags which works properly.

Niko could take a bus ride (mentioned in previews)

So i think we can copy the taxi ride code too, but then Niko should just go into the bus and they bus should stop at every bus station, similar to the train which stops at every train station, where you can't select the destination like in the taxi.

Niko arrived at daylight in Liberty City with the Platypus

I think the main scipt need to be edited, which is not possible yet i think, it's a .sco file btw.

Also what i left out was the following:

In some previews they mentioned that Niko could buy a RPG from Little Jacob, which is attached to the underside of the car.

quechus found this beta rocket which have a more detail (more polier) model.

It can be found in pc - data - maps - props - lev_des - minigame.img - cj_rocket.wdr icon14.gif

user posted image

When the Shadow Mapper is out i also will start working on the buildings.

As well i can make basketball places/table tennis/golf and stuff, i hope to get some of the mini games working. smile.gif

sorry for double post ph34r.gif

so you mean to tell me that only now youre telling us that most of the things promised are canceled? im not blaiming anyone but thats such a frickin shame man!! i was looking forward for some of those! good luck with the mod, Slayer!

I don't have said that i chancel anything, i just said some things will be hard to recreate, BTW i have a scripter (nixolas), but he will do the scripts next year, so they will be in the next version i think. Also i hope there will be more modding tools, it's just about time. icon14.gif