3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

C++ Script Hook

aru

im using old one so im using a car not vehicle, how to use FreezePositionOfClosestObjectOfType()?

like this?

x,y,z= char coord

25 = radius

1 = yes

obj= object

FreezePositionOfClosestObjectOfType(obj, x, y, z, 25, 1)

Please update to the never version, like Lounger said it has alot more Natives included... Its easier to give support to smile.gif

Id like to make a general suggestion to modders, It would be smart if you could rig up a button to disable the mod from inside the game so if a person uses a mod that uses the same keys they can disable the conflicting mod temporarily with one key. Allowing them to use the same keys for another mod. There is still a possibility for conflict but its greatly reduced. All it takes is one key toggling a bool that must be true for the other keys to work.

Well, then the toggle keys can still be conflicting with others can't they.

A better one would be to make a small INI file that tells the ASI what key to use.

I have update it, so how to use key like 'q'?

I use the get nearest car but error, why?

These are the Keys

As for the car, with no info of your error i would guess you don't check if it found one and then try to use (the null car) in a script but it doesn't exist.

Edited by C06alt

Id like to make a general suggestion to modders, It would be smart if you could rig up a button to disable the mod from inside the game so if a person uses a mod that uses the same keys they can disable the conflicting mod temporarily with one key. Allowing them to use the same keys for another mod. There is still a possibility for conflict but its greatly reduced. All it takes is one key toggling a bool that must be true for the other keys to work.

Yeah, I thought about that when I made my Car Spawner script. That's also the reason I implemented a hotkeys file. The way I did it would make most programmers shake their heads while facepalmed. Basicly I copyed snippets I found from google and went with that confused.gif

But most importantly, it works and since it loads the stuff on initalization, there can't be any major performance hit, either.

Edited by asd23

ApplyForceToCar param please, is this right?

static void ApplyForceToCar(Car car, f32 p1, f32 p2, f32 p3, f32 p4, f32 p5, f32 p6, f32 p7, f32 p8, f32 p9, f32 p10, f32 p11) { NativeInvoke::Invoke<scriptVoid>("APPLY_FORCE_TO_CAR", car, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11); }

ApplyForceToCar param please, is this right?

static void ApplyForceToCar(Car car, f32 p1, f32 p2, f32 p3, f32 p4, f32 p5, f32 p6, f32 p7, f32 p8, f32 p9, f32 p10, f32 p11) { NativeInvoke::Invoke<scriptVoid>("APPLY_FORCE_TO_CAR", car, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11); }

Nope, thats the Dirty (scriptingdirty.h) version... IF you have 2.1 you can just type ApplyForceToCar and get a nice list of params. (Vehicle, x,y,z, etc)

Can you use wait or something that delay?

Edit : Hey, what is the key of a-z type?

keypressed?

Edited by aceship

I made a new class in the CustomFiberThread folder. But when i include the H files for the Types (in my H file). I get these wierd errors.... :

#include "../ScriptHook/ScriptingEnums.h"#include "../ScriptHook/ScriptingTypes.h"Errors:c:\werkmap\force2\scripthook\scriptingenums.h(2753) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'eColour'c:\werkmap\force2\scripthook\scriptingenums.h(2753) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-intc:\werkmap\force2\scripthook\scriptingenums.h(2753) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-intc:\werkmap\force2\scripthook\scriptingtypes.h(65) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'X'c:\werkmap\force2\scripthook\scriptingtypes.h(65) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-intc:\werkmap\force2\scripthook\scriptingtypes.h(65) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-intc:\werkmap\force2\scripthook\scriptingtypes.h(65) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-intc:\werkmap\force2\scripthook\scriptingtypes.h(65) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

When i comment them out theres no problem. Scripthook itself doesnt error on this?

I think you just forget to put a ";" at the end of a line^^

lol, i didnt touch the file tounge.gif

Btw, the errors VS spits out are so crap... I always though Borland was bad, but atleast they have to the point error messages, jeez...

Can you use wait or something that delay?

Edit : Hey, what is the key of a-z type?

keypressed?

Just use the same function for it. There's a list of all virtual key codes here. You have to use those heximal numbers for the A-Z a-z though to make it work.

hi there on compiling i get the follow errors

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ScriptHook, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'ScriptHook', configuration 'Release|Win32'

1>Compiling...

1>Game.cpp

1>ScriptHookManager.cpp

1>NativeThread.cpp

1>NativeFiberThread.cpp

1>.\NativeFiberThread.cpp(60) : error C3861: 'SwitchToFiber': identifier not found

1>.\NativeFiberThread.cpp(77) : error C3861: 'DeleteFiber': identifier not found

1>.\NativeFiberThread.cpp(80) : error C3861: 'CreateFiber': identifier not found

1>.\NativeFiberThread.cpp(115) : error C3861: 'ConvertThreadToFiber': identifier not found

1>.\NativeFiberThread.cpp(119) : error C3861: 'CreateFiber': identifier not found

1>.\NativeFiberThread.cpp(138) : error C3861: 'SwitchToFiber': identifier not found

1>.\NativeFiberThread.cpp(199) : error C3861: 'SwitchToFiber': identifier not found

1>.\NativeFiberThread.cpp(215) : error C3861: 'SwitchToFiber': identifier not found

1>.\NativeFiberThread.cpp(237) : error C3861: 'DeleteFiber': identifier not found

1>LoggerODS.cpp

1>LoggerFile.cpp

1>.\LoggerFile.cpp(34) : error C2065: 'GET_MODULE_HANDLE_EX_FLAG_FROM_ADDRESS' : undeclared identifier

1>.\LoggerFile.cpp(34) : error C2065: 'GET_MODULE_HANDLE_EX_FLAG_UNCHANGED_REFCOUNT' : undeclared identifier

1>.\LoggerFile.cpp(35) : error C3861: 'GetModuleHandleEx': identifier not found

1>Log.cpp

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\myself\Bureaublad\gta4\hook\ScriptHook\Release\BuildLog.htm"

1>ScriptHook - 12 error(s), 0 warning(s)

2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: SampleCustom, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

2>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'SampleCustom', configuration 'Release|Win32'

3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: SampleCustomFiber, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

3>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'SampleCustomFiber', configuration 'Release|Win32'

3>Compiling...

2>Compiling...

3>Main.cpp

2>Main.cpp

2>CustomThread.cpp

3>CustomFiberThread.cpp

2>Linking...

3>Linking...

2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\release\scripthook.lib'

3>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\release\scripthook.lib'

2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\myself\gta4\hook\SampleCustom\Release\BuildLog.htm"

2>SampleCustom - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\myself\gta4\hook\SampleCustomFiber\Release\BuildLog.htm"

3>SampleCustomFiber - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 3 failed, 0 skipped ==========

who can help me out? or who has the same probs [ using vs2008 v 9.0.21022.8]

I agree that the DisplayTextWithLiteralString will do the trick for displaying text, but I don't want to make all kinds of checks, just to display some text to indicate I have enabled something by pressing a button. Yes the text was displayed but only for a brief moment.

So I checked some other natives and found this one:

static void PrintStringWithLiteralStringNow(const ch *gxtName, const ch *literalStr, int ms, int enable) { NativeInvoke::Invoke<scriptVoid>("PRINT_STRING_WITH_LITERAL_STRING_NOW", gxtName, literalStr, ms, enable); }

This will put text at the bottom of the screen, and I can control for how long it will stay there (the ms parm).

I use this:

PrintStringWithLiteralStringNow("CP_MAX_2", "my own string",7500,1);

to display text. Of course it is using a GXT message (that will dispay 2-32 players). I have simply edited the relevant GXT (CRC32: 11f63f55) and now only my own string is displayed in game.

smile.gif

@Intosia : check the line 2753 and 65 of scriptingenums.h

@bobba2 : you don't modify the files?

no i dint mod any files at all the first thing i do is alway try to complile

so thats why i cant figer out. also it says i mis a lib file also not in the packets sad.gif

so thats why i cant figer out. also it says i mis a lib file also not in the packets sad.gif

You normally don't have to do this... and I dont know why its breaking for you. But open NativeFiberThread.cpp and at the very top before all the other #include, add in:

#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501

Do the same for LoggerFile.cpp

You normally don't have to do this... and I dont know why its breaking for you. But open NativeFiberThread.cpp and at the very top before all the other #include, add in:

thnx m8t that works fine but only left 1 error

2>Linking...

3>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\release\scripthook.lib'

2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\release\scripthook.lib'

so where to get the scripthook.lib?

and these errors

1>.\LoggerFile.cpp(34) : error C2065: 'GET_MODULE_HANDLE_EX_FLAG_FROM_ADDRESS' : undeclared identifier

1>.\LoggerFile.cpp(34) : error C2065: 'GET_MODULE_HANDLE_EX_FLAG_UNCHANGED_REFCOUNT' : undeclared identifier

thnx m8t that works fine but only left 1 error

2>Linking...

so where to get the scripthook.lib?

and these errors

Did you do it for LoggerFile.cpp too? Add the very same line in LoggerFile.cpp. scripthook.lib is generated automatically... the only reason it doesn't exist is because LoggerFile.cpp doesn't compile yet.

PrintStringWithLiteralStringNow("CP_MAX_2", "my own string",7500,1);

You can't use "STRING" instead of "CP_MAX_2"?

Yes !

You can smile.gif

I was trying that this morning, but I needed to go to work, but anyway it wasn't working this morning, (as in not displaying anything) I changed a parm on the native later today, but just changed a GXT, but I have just tried it with:

PrintStringWithLiteralStringNow("STRING", "Comet Spawned",5000,1);

and it works, so no need to even change the GXT.

PrintStringWithLiteralStringNow("STRING", "Comet Spawned",5000,1);

Thanks nice smile.gif

I just tried SET_TEXT_SCALE(f32 Width, f32 Height), but nothing changes to my text displayed with DisplayTextWithLiteralString... Anyone have a snipped?

I use SetTextScale like that and is work :

SetTextScale(0.4f,0.4f);DisplayTextWithLiteralString(x, y, "STRING", "my string");

And I add this in my Scripting.h :

static void SetTextScale(f32 SW, f32 SH) { NativeInvoke::Invoke<scriptVoid>("SET_TEXT_SCALE", SW, SH); }

I use SetTextScale like that and is work :

SetTextScale(0.4f,0.4f);DisplayTextWithLiteralString(x, y, "STRING", "my string");

And I add this in my Scripting.h :

static void SetTextScale(f32 SW, f32 SH) { NativeInvoke::Invoke<scriptVoid>("SET_TEXT_SCALE", SW, SH); }

You're right. Im stupid, i was compiling Debug, but compying dll from Release folder, AARGGGGG

Strange, the GetModelHash function doesn't seem to work. GetModelHash("MODEL_M_M_GRU2_HI_01") for example does not return 0x6F31C4B4 , as it is defined in ScriptingEnums.h . The returned hash also doesn't work. Or am i doing something wrong here? Isn't that the correct way to get the hash of a model by string?

[EDIT] Same for GetHashKey... confused.gif

Edited by HazardX