• Homemade Dynamite

• Reizov

• Femme Fatale

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10/10  

7/10. It's a good one.    

5/10   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJIqnXTqg8I

5/10. Woah, I haven't heard of Sevendust for ages. I remember picking up their album Alpha from New York's Virgin megastore as a souvenir when it first came out. I'll be honest, I didn't think they were still going. I have fond memories of listening to them and Flyleaf, drinking cider and playing Halo 2 with a friend of mine. It's weird to hear bands from your personal yesteryears. It turns out they released an album this year too! Madness. As it goes though, this only serves as a bit of a nostalgia trip for me. I like it because it reminds me of being invincible but I can't give it too high a score because it's still formulaic and not in a way that makes me want to swing my arms about like a windmill. You can't knock them though, they've been doing this since 1994.

5/10, I find this left-field direction that Radiohead took endlessly more appealing than their usual output. On the whole, I find Radiohead incredibly grating for the most part but I quite liked what they did with Kid A and by extension, Amnesiac. I find the group works best when they're trying to challenge themselves. Everything else they do just sounds so safe and mopey. Despite this, I don't find this song as interesting as others from the album, but I'll take that over anything from OK Computer any day of the week.

8/10, What can I say? It's Elton John, It's not possible for me to give less than 8/10 to any of his songs, not all of them are good songs, but I like most of them, maybe it's because I don't really listen to his songs that often, but I mean, most of his songs, or the ones he's participating... I just love it. Actually, now that I'm thinking, I didn't liked that much what he did with Gorillaz, in The Pink Phantom... idk, it's just me I guess.

6/10, fairly decent folk rock with an interesting start. I like that flutey refrain that dips in and out. I was surprised to learn this was from 2010. It could quite easily slot in the late 90s. For some reason, it reminds me a lot of the soundtrack to The Point by Harry Nilsson. 

I'm getting a video unavailable message from the embed, but clicking through the URL takes me to "You Rock My World" by Michael Jackson, so I'm going to rate that. It's strange to think that the album this song came from (Invincible released in 2001) would be his last studio album. I've never been the biggest fan of Michael Jackson, and I always found his later work to be rather lacklustre compared to the more lively and disco influenced music that he was exploring not too long before this. I suppose this is his interpretation of R&B with a focus on slow, driving rhythm. I just don't think this was a particularly strong sound for him, but I can't deny the man had some pipes. I'll give it a 4, though. Sorry Michael. I'm more of a Prince man.

5 hours ago, -7- said:

10/10 Awesome performance. 

10/10 I'm f*cking fan of this type of electro dark song, it remembers me all the parisian goth/darkwave events where I used to party all night long when Corona was not here yet.

Here is my proposal

Spoiler

It's the second french music video I post here. Indochine is surely one of the biggest bands we can find in my country, and they regularly get all their shows sold out very easily in our national stadiums. They make music since the 80s and I think we can compare them to Depeche Mode/The Cure and Placebo in term of influences. It depends of their projects.

Little Dolls was released as the first single of their La République Des Météors album back in 2008, and it's literally a tribute to the 1st World War

Edited by SuperHeichou
  • Like 1

10/10 - One of my favorite songs and album by Prince. His early compositions and productions from the late 70's and early 80's where pure creative ideas. He was ruthlessly rocking the funk out of our minds. Many may have misunderstood his emotions. They won't die. They're out there for those who want to listen. New generations will know what he really was... his music.

Edited by s-u-r-y-a
  • Like 3
SuperHeichou
On 1/2/2021 at 6:13 PM, s-u-r-y-a said:

10/10 - One of my favorite songs and album by Prince. His early compositions and productions from the late 70's and early 80's where pure creative ideas. He was ruthlessly rocking the funk out of our minds. Many may have misunderstood his emotions. They won't die. They're out there for those who want to listen. New generations will know what he really was... his music.

10/10 each time I hear a song produced by Roberto Ferrante, I really feel his sounds very deeply, I'm always transported by his work

SuperHeichou
2 hours ago, Adrian J. said:
  • Not my cup of tea but it does sound relaxing 6/10

Really liked the last Ladytron album but Run was unfortunately not my favorite song on the tracklist :/ I Prefered The Island, The Animals, Figurine or Deadzone by far ! I'd give 5-6/10 for this one

Spoiler

It's a live version of Clara Luciani's pop song "Nue" that was released in France in something like 2 years ago.

She had a big success thanks to her voice and her classy vintage style. I join the original version of the song below for the curious ones

Edited by SuperHeichou

I feel like I can't quite get that strong of a connection to the song on an emotional level solely because the lyrics are beyond my comprehension. I can't fault her voice, however I feel as though it's not exactly being pushed to its full potential, and I feel that in this kind of music you should seek for that "wow factor" vocally. I like the simple rhythm guitar and its clean bright tone. All things considered, it's a 5/10.

Edited by blaue

8/10. I've developed a yearly habit of dedicating one full day to binge listening underground hip-hop on YouTube. If you know what I'm talking about, you know this one is a classic. It's actually pretty cool they've released it officially.

9/10 Gotta love the trumpets or saxophones or whatever those are in this song. They give off that 70s-80s car chase scene vibe. Also has a bit of Latin-American music feel to it sometimes. Pretty good song, the start could have been a bit better maybe.

6/10 nice hardcore tune but the vocals sound like a second rate prodigy or underworld

Edited by DownInThePMs

10/10 I am a sucker for this song, it's really great. A pleasant flow to go along with a great beat and well timed choruses. All around perfect.

• Like 1

10/10 Great track, also one of my favourites from Vice City Stories even though there's an instrumental version of it, but still great.

Edited by Reizov

8/10 man i miss big beat. it was in just about every edgy video game and soda commercial back in the 90s