Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,863 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GooD-NTS

General OpenIV Discussion and Announcements

jpm1

thanks . Chipsman says that bug was fixed , it is not

Chipsman

yes, it was fixed, and I said that you need to wait some time for next release, so I don't understand why you've decided that it is not fixed sarcasm.gif

jpm1
yes, it was fixed, and I said that you need to wait some time for next release, so I don't understand why you've decided that it is not fixed sarcasm.gif

i thought the link given by Good-NTS was the new version . nice

GooD-NTS

a rebuild and opl import/export buttons on toolbar would be nice
The rebuild button is not needed on tool bar because it is not frequently used feature.

No, this link to the current version.

New version will be released only after our site will back online.

Rixike

made my game crash when i wanted to replace Engine_resident with Engine_resident.ivaud

idk why it did that tho :[

If any1 has a original Resident.rpf file id be happy to download it tounge.gif

jpm1

i use rebuild button almost every time i use open iv personnally . and if i don't , i get frequent and nasty bugs (entire zone disapearing , game that won't start ..) . as i already reported , the rebuild sometimes says there's no need to rebuild but if you don't rebuild you get crashes and that happens frequently . when you rebuild then the game runs perfectly sarcasm.gif

edit ; when you operate modifications on wpl/opl if you don't rebuild afterwards , you have 1 chance over 3 to get a problem . don't know what to say i already reported that problem whatsthat.gif

Edited by jpm1

GooD-NTS

made my game crash when i wanted to replace Engine_resident with Engine_resident.ivaud

idk why it did that tho :[

When you edit Audio RPF3 archives with OpenIV make sure your audio files not compressed after editing/replacing.

user posted image

This may happens because when you replace file it have extension ".ivaud" but GTA IV Audio file don't have any extension.

So before replacing you need remove this extension. For example: Engine_resident.ivaud > rename it > Engine_resident

i use rebuild button almost every time i use open iv personnally . and if i don't , i get frequent and nasty bugs (entire zone disapearing , game that won't start ..) . as i already reported , the rebuild sometimes says there's no need to rebuild but if you don't rebuild you get crashes and that happens frequently . when you rebuild then the game runs perfectly sarcasm.gif

edit ; when you operate modifications on wpl/opl if you don't rebuild afterwards , you have 1 chance over 3 to get a problem . don't know what to say i already reported that problem  whatsthat.gif

I have never get any errors if my files is not rebuild-ed even if I add new files into IMG. It is not necessary to rebuild archives every time when you are using OpenIV.

jpm1

I have never get any errors if my files is not rebuild-ed even if I add new files into IMG. It is not necessary to rebuild archives every time when you are using OpenIV.

man , there's just one thing i (really) don't understand it's when i rebuild i get no errors .. never . when i don't rebuild i get errors frequently smile.gif but well you're probably right it's your program

there's a feature that would be nice . when you replace textures in img files , once you've saved , the modified file doesn't stay highlighted in explorer after the saving . can be really annoying if you're modifying dozen of textures , thanks

kmccmk9
a rebuild and opl import/export buttons on toolbar would be nice
The rebuild button is not needed on tool bar because it is not frequently used feature.

No, this link to the current version.

New version will be released only after our site will back online.

Hey, thanks for the new link. I tried out the program and exported the annihilator as otd. However GIMS does not have an import function within 3ds max to import this file. I have odd,and odr.

GooD-NTS

Hey, thanks for the new link. I tried out the program and exported the annihilator as otd. However GIMS does not have an import function within 3ds max to import this file. I have odd,and odr.
otd - it is just a list of textures.

The vehicles are in WFT, here is no way to import it in GIMS yet.

kmccmk9
otd - it is just a list of textures.

The vehicles are in WFT, here is no way to import it in GIMS yet.

So the only way to edit vehicles is by using zmodeler?

Chipsman

unfortunately yes

kmccmk9
unfortunately yes

Okay thanks. I luckily have that. I was just hoping for some more documentation on what each of the models were for. Most are explanatory but some are for like exhaust points etc. Plus I wanted to know how to define the doors, how they move etc.

jpm1

bug :

when you open a file with the explorer the placement search does not search in that file but in GTA IV folder whatever you do . in my case i have too folders "GTA IV" and "GTA IV original" (vanilla) . if i use placement search in "GTA IV original" the program will perform the search in GTA IV (modded) folder . see

GooD-NTS
when you open a file with the explorer the placement search does not search in that file but in GTA IV folder whatever you do . in my case i have too folders "GTA IV" and "GTA IV original" (vanilla) . if i use placement search in "GTA IV original" the program will perform the search in GTA IV (modded) folder . see

The OpenIV's Global & Placement search work only with game dir which is selected in OpenIV options.

Slaya101

The OpenIV's Global & Placement search work only with game dir which is selected in OpenIV options.

Is it possible to export a max payne 3 model just exactly how GTA IV is? if so will it be in one of these upcomming updates? I would love to start modding max payne 3 to GTA IV.

GooD-NTS

http://openiv.com/ is back on-line on new server. Welcome.

Is it possible to export a max payne 3 model just exactly how GTA IV is? if so will it be in one of these upcomming updates? I would love to start modding max payne 3 to GTA IV.
It is not possible right now, it will be possible later in future.

GTA IV and Max Payne 3 models are different (even if they have same extension. wdr, for example). We need pass a long way before we will able to export/import Max Payne 3 models.

aacclapd

is going to be any support for the ped paths?

WNV<>ONV (Open Formats)

GooD-NTS

WNV<>ONV (Open Formats)

Chipsman is working on WNV research for a while. Have some success and some problems. But tomorrow he will going to vacation for two weeks, so any progress will stop on this direction.

Anyway, we will try to create WNV/ONV format when will have all information we need. But I can't promise anything.

aacclapd

WNV<>ONV (Open Formats)

Chipsman is working on WNV research for a while. Have some success and some problems. But tomorrow he will going to vacation for two weeks, so any progress will stop on this direction.

Anyway, we will try to create WNV/ONV format when will have all information we need. But I can't promise anything.

ok, thanks GooD-NTS

Garju67

-nvm-

Edited by Garju67

Frank.s

Edit: Keep up the good works guys.

EncryptedReality

Edit: Keep up the good works guys.

Indeed. People seem to forget that without OpenIV, mods like IV:SA, Gostown, Red Dead Desert and all other major mods would never see the light of day! So , you GooDNTS got my full support in advancing the tool further, and same is for 3Doomer!

Sadly, i got no money to financially support it, but i hope you value these words as well

jpm1

given a small thing myself . cause i can and it's quite rare sarcasm.gif . i have a nice little Vice city install and i have to say that without Open IV all these modifications would have turned into nightmare . i'm against payware concerning game modding but Open IV is a very powerful tool and very useful . not particularly waiting for more options just enjoy what you're doing guys smile.gif

aacclapd

are you guys going to support scripted and compressed sound files for edit?

i would like to support open iv but the thing is that i dont have any credit card to do it.

i use open iv daily and nobody could mod anything without open iv

GooD-NTS

We will not implement any audio editing for GTA IV in OpenIV.

aacclapd

ok, so who i going to do it?

vilavek is the only person that made ivaud editor and it said years ago that it would be the 1.2 version, that will make you able to edit compessed and scripted audio in gta iv.

Edited by aacclapd

lpgunit

Copyright issues, I presume? The only other method that I could notice from the VC and SA total conversions were the use of injected audio rather than overwrite the original RPF files, if I'm not mistaken.

GooD-NTS

aacclapd, lpgunit, no. The main problem in audio files, they are not a simple file and have complicated structure. We even don't know purpose of some data in files. Also audio compressing is not an easy thing. So we decide to not implement audio editing in GTA IV. We just don't have time and resources to do this thing properly. Even if we stat it will take a long time, some months for example. In some future we will try to implement editing of new .awc files which uses in Max Payne 3 & GTA V.