Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,438 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GooD-NTS

General OpenIV Discussion and Announcements

rollschuh2282

here is the issue, the folders appear in openiv but when there are files in the copied folder then they don´t appear until i restart openiv

i copied the content folder in the issue folder

6qclL4a.png

Edited by rollschuh2282

Jax765

OpenIV crashes when compressing a carcols xml file that's 3mb in size back to YMT. Can this be fixed, or is there some sort of hard limit on file sizes?

Can you please send your carcols xml?

can you guys add a refresh option to openiv like in the windows file explorer to reload the displayed content?

There is no need in refresh option. OpenIV updates game folder content view when it's changes in windows explorer. If it's not this is an issue then and we need exact steps to reproduce.

Don't have the xml anymore, unfortunately. Ended up just adding the extra content to a separate .meta file loaded separately.

OpenIV Team

here is the issue, the folders appear in openiv but when there are files in the copied folder then they don´t appear until i restart openiv

How exactly did you copied folder?

Don't have the xml anymore, unfortunately. Ended up just adding the extra content to a separate .meta file loaded separately.

Any chance you can remember what was changed in that file? Maybe even recreate it?

We need more information.

rollschuh2282

Drag and Drop via the Windows file Explorer to the game Folder while openiv was opened Edited by rollschuh2282

Remix1994PL

Drag and Drop via the Windows file Explorer to the game Folder while openiv was opened

I can write that at home and in my case I also saw this when the contents of the folder was not shown and just restarted openv caused the new content to display.

Jax765

Any chance you can remember what was changed in that file? Maybe even recreate it?

We need more information.

Contents of this file were added to the base file.

OpenIV Team

Drag and Drop via the Windows file Explorer to the game Folder while openiv was opened

Yeah, it does not work correctly when you drag and drop folders via Explorer. We will look into that issue.

As for workaround you can use copy/paste instead for drag and drop for now.

Well, whatever I tried I was unable to reproduce the crash.

But the file you provided is not correct itself, you can't import it through OpenIV and the game will not work correctly with it.

Quakex64

why is it when I want to open openIV, I get the update, downloads it, but doesnt seem to install it, it'll just close.. I try to open it up again and it downloads the exact same 20.92 mb update just prior. Try a third, same update. It seems as though its not applying the update itself. Wondering if there is an issue with the program, my computer, the installation. Is anyone else getting this problem?

I still am having the same issue I had about a month ago, this time I have chosen to install McAffee antieverything, so that might be the culprit but I really dont want to have to re-install OpenIV everytime there is an update. Has this been fixed? By the way, how do I make Mcaffee ignore programs, I just have options like that.

OpenIV Team

@@Quakex64 does McAffee show you any reason for it actions? Does it have OpenIV somewhere in logs?

We need something to report it to them.

Quakex64

there is nothing that goes on, no errors, no messages about its unsafe, nothing that to stop it from installing/running... now I do have high security options so I get the normal windows message saying "do you allow this program to make changes... blah blah" but nothing to stop it from working... the same thing happens before I installed McAfee... There are also no options in McAfee to allow certain programs to run or not....

I do not know what logs you mean, if OpenIV, I dont know where they are, if McAfee, dont know where those are either and it honestly seems like when there is an update available it will just stop working or something...

GtaFanatik

Will the new UI support High DPI screens?

ZZCOOL

why doesn't my text show up, ok trying this again, it would be nice with a live model preview of each car with the files below, either a random angle of the car or fixed from the side, just like texture previews a tile look and maybe have a dropbox at the top so you can choose what dlc instead of manually having to go to the dlc files, for cars it would be like this, yes it would be resource intensive to render like 15 models at a time but i think a pc can handle that.

infernus model preview comet model preview

infernus.yft comet.yft

infernus_hi.yft comet_hi.yft

infernus.yttd comet.ytd

would also be nice with a extract to desktop button for the package installer so you don't have to open it with winrar for manual installs.

Edited by ZZCOOL

Jax765

Yeah, it does not work correctly when you drag and drop folders via Explorer. We will look into that issue.

As for workaround you can use copy/paste instead for drag and drop for now.

Well, whatever I tried I was unable to reproduce the crash.

But the file you provided is not correct itself, you can't import it through OpenIV and the game will not work correctly with it.

The link I posted wasn't the file itself, just the extra lines I added to the original ymt file.

OpenIV Team

Do you have any iuuses with current UI on High DPI screens?

it would be nice with a live model preview of each car with the files below, either a random angle of the car or fixed from the side, just like texture previews a tile look and maybe have a dropbox at the top so you can choose what dlc instead of manually having to go to the dlc files, for cars it would be like this, yes it would be resource intensive to render like 15 models at a time but i think a pc can handle that.

I guess something like that will be in asset viewer.

would also be nice with a extract to desktop button for the package installer so you don't have to open it with winrar for manual installs.

No, the idea is to install package automatically.

The link I posted wasn't the file itself, just the extra lines I added to the original ymt file.

Yeah, so I tried to add content of this file into original ymt and wasn't able to reproduce the crash.

ZZCOOL

No, the idea is to install package automatically.

i always prefer manual installs so i take all the files out and do it manually but it would be nice if there was an extract option especially if all the files are not sorted correctly by folder Edited by OpenIV Team

Claude_Lib

Would be nice to have OpenIV logging what files were changed by what OIV packages and then checking if files modified by a package I install are already not original and telling me what package causes a conflict. And keep these logs in the /mods/ folder so they get wiped together with the mods themselves.

OpenIV Team

@@Claude_Lib that would be possible when the Uninstall/Update features will come into Package Installer.

Jeansowaty

Hello, I have a question. Has anyone tried doing something with the sounds.dat15? I.e. add new lines to it?

Redman''

hey openiv team, big problem here: i'm on version 2.9.1, gta v 1180

ingame my emblems/decals on the story characters clothing disappear after i install the asi tools.

reinstall game to solve this (just uninstall asi tools or mods folder don't have any effect): install asi tools again after new game installation, game needs to be updated again by gtalauncher.exe (>800mb update), otherwise game not start because of missing socialclub: emblems are back again.

when i install asi tools again, embelms are gone.

rollschuh2282

when are we gonna get Peds.ymt support? because i wan´t add-on animals :panic:

and can you guys do it that when you copy a oiv in the game folder and you double click it, that openiv automatically opens the package installer, or able to simply drag and drop it in the openiv windows to install it?

BrownieBear

How do I export the collisions from a vehicle of Max Payne 3??! I did manage to export the meshes L0, L1 & L2 but the collision is missing.... help

DavidNK
You forgive me for my poor English.

I love Open IV and its utility to include modifications in PEDs of the game.

It would be very interesting that the program had a searcher of files and power to find, through its searcher, the paths where the above mentioned files are, along the whole mods tree, update, etc.

Thanks my friends.

David Nathaniel Katzenbach

Remix1994PL

Delete.

Edited by Remix1994PL

GtaFanatik

Sorry I'm a bit late, nope, it's fine functionality wise, but it's really blurry in 4K displays, and it's a PITA to see all those huge lists of files blurred.

Ash_735

Sorry I'm a bit late, nope, it's fine functionality wise, but it's really blurry in 4K displays, and it's a PITA to see all those huge lists of files blurred.Are you displaying on a TV for this? This sounds like the signal is being sent as YUV 4:2:0 rather than RGB 4:4:4, which is mainly noticeable in small text and such.

Spider-Vice

The Windows DPI scaler is really bad on Win32 apps that are not ready to be scaled this way. The latest Windows 10 update has an option to mitigate this IIRC. For instance even on a big monitor, with correct output, there are Win32 apps that will be blurry when Windows is set to 150%, others aren't. UWP apps never are (example).

Edited by Spider-Vice

RoscoeHussein

Is there, or can there be, a feature that would help you find corrupted files/mods easier?

BlackScout

Is there, or can there be, a feature that would help you find corrupted files/mods easier?

Mods, difficult. You'd need a hash of the original files.

Game files, well, there's this:

d17ZOq2.png