Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,307 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GooD-NTS

General OpenIV Discussion and Announcements

Claude_Lib

Exactly what I was suggesting maybe a year ago. Still, would be nice to see it implemented, even though it seems harder to do than simply rerouting the game into the "mods" folder.

Spectre143

The sad part of this whole story is...

We are just a minority.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the console playerbase won't even know about this sh*tstorm and will continue fully supporting TakeTwo's unethical business practices, while mistakenly blaming Rockstar in the process.

It is just a shame to watch the best modding tool now share the grave with RDR map conversion project.

Oh... and let's not forget that a few weeks ago TakeTwo's CEO compared his customers to "animals".

RIP - OpenIV - 06/14/2017

Murdered by Strauss Zelnick and his unending corporate greed.

Edited by Spectre143

BlackScout

Being a minority is not a good excuse.

Spectre143

Being a minority is not a good excuse.

Well... going by TakeTwo's standards, it was enough to warrant a Cease-and-Desist letter as it seems.

Wished I had bookmarked the compiled 2015 graph that exposes the fact that less then 2% of the GtaOnline population are PC players.

Then again, we are dealing with the same f*ckwad CEO who went as far as banning and witchhunting NTAuthority and the folks behind FiveM a long time ago.

Edited by Spectre143

markswe

Is there any more .asi loader?!

Claude_Lib

ASI Loader shipped with ScriptHookV wasn't updated since the first version release back in 2015 and still works fine.

Remix1994PL

FxA7C5qPS_i-4qEMNBI8ag.png

metoxys

The "Special thanks to Rockstar games" was there in earlier versions of OpenIV too

ikgks3U.png

nkjellman

What does the rest of that message say? For some reason the window never appeared for me.

Tomas.

What? It's 'About' window, Help -> About.

Edited by Tomasino

OrangeFr3ak

Seems like the OpenIV.asi no longer works with the latest Script Hook V, all other .asi in my install works expect OpenIV.asi after the OpenIV update.

N. Man

Hey can someone help? I can't use mods anymore. Everything in my dlcpacks folder (except texture alterations for clothing) is being ignored and when I load the game, everything is as it was in the default game. Further more, I can't use any dlc content past the SPUpgrade (Last Team Standing). Someone please help.

Claude_Lib

Make sure that you have installed OpenIV.asi from OpenIV ASI Manager and your addons are defined in /mods/update/update.rpf\common\data\dlclist.xml.

Also, SPUpgrade is not Last Team Standing, mpLTS is.

Edited by Claude_Lib

N. Man

Make sure that you have installed OpenIV.asi from OpenIV ASI Manager and your addons are defined in /mods/update/update.rpf\common\data\dlclist.xml.

I did all of that. I was perfectly playing a bunch of mods ranging from weapon models to add on vehicles and peds. Now none of them work. When I tried using the default dlcpack folder and put in an alternate carbine rifle model, I got the default carbine rifle when I loaded the game.

Claude_Lib

I honestly see no other reason why this could be happening to you. Please, check every single thing once again. I often end up in a situation where I forget one little detail and then spend hours tearing my hair out trying to figure out why nothing work.

N. Man

I honestly see no other reason why this could be happening to you. Please, check every single thing once again. I often end up in a situation where I forget one little detail and then spend hours tearing my hair out trying to figure out why nothing work.

Ok thanks for trying.

rollschuh2282

I did all of that. I was perfectly playing a bunch of mods ranging from weapon models to add on vehicles and peds. Now none of them work. When I tried using the default dlcpack folder and put in an alternate carbine rifle model, I got the default carbine rifle when I loaded the game.

you need to replace the carbine rifle model in patchday8ng, there is the model located that the game loads

Edited by rollschuh2282

N. Man

you need to replace the carbine rifle model in patchday8ng, there is the model located that the game loads

No, I know how to swap out textures, models and implement add-on stuff. It just won't load in-game. I was just using the carbine situation as an example.

rollschuh2282

No, I know how to swap out textures, models and implement add-on stuff. It just won't load in-game. I was just using the carbine situation as an example.

yeah, but when you replace the model and still have the default model loaded in Game, then you replaced it in the wrong place. but does the openiv.log Shows your modified archives or not?

N. Man

No, I know how to swap out textures, models and implement add-on stuff. It just won't load in-game. I was just using the carbine situation as an example.yeah, but when you replace the model and still have the default model loaded in Game, then you replaced it in the wrong place. but does the openiv.log Shows your modified archives or not?Model swapping is not the primary concern in my situation. I know for a fact that I have my modifications in the right place, because a few hours ago I was using those mods perfectly. Now I can't use any. Including model swaps. As of right now I'm pretty sure something is disabling my update/x64 folder, because I can't use any dlc content beyond the SPUpgrade. And I think it does show modified archives in a log. Edited by NaijaMango

Meedo

WTF

So they just showed off with all the legal actions they can take, only to make OpenIV become open sourced tool and stop LC V mod??

And then they be like : Carry on please ...

Mr.Arrow

OpenIV isn't open source, and LC V is discontinued due to IP legal issues.

raggazam

@good_nts I'm having problems with OIV with a 2.5gb dlc.rpf

The problem is an openiv crash and I have no option to see the problem log, I only have access to this.
Big up!!

amohamed99

openiv 2.9 says that "successfully: openiv can work with this folder" but also asks me to change grand theft auto v folder below and restart openiv. i have already uninstalled and reinstalled the program and I'm sure i have an encryption key bin file. any help in fixing this error will be greatly appreciated

91charlie

Hi i have a problem with Open iv:

(Open iv ran ito a problem that it couldn't handle and now ti needs to restart)----- this happened when i modding i tried also to reinstall but it doesn't work

i tried to post the whole error message pic but i cannot if someone have same problem?need help pls

Tomas.

What is estimatedCacheSize for? (IV OFT)

_CP_

What are you currently working on?