SaintJimmy

[Q] Togglable Ragdoll Mode

HippieCommunist

sry double bumping post whatsthat.gif

calling all LUA experts to make this one a bounty

Ricksta
yeah ive been trying all day

here is my code

PLAYER_ID, PLAYER_INDEX, PLAYER_CHAR, SAVEDONE, TIMER = 0function InitScript()-- blah-blah-blahWait(10000)endfunction WaitForPlayerPoolCreation()while (IsPlayerPoolCreated() == 0) do  Wait(2000)endendfunction WaitForValidPlayer()PLAYER_CHAR = 0repeat  CallNative("GET_PLAYER_ID")PLAYER_ID = GetIntResult()if (PLAYER_ID >= 0) then PushInt(PLAYER_ID) CallNative("CONVERT_INT_TO_PLAYERINDEX") PLAYER_INDEX = GetIntResult() PushInt(PLAYER_INDEX)    PushVarPtr() CallNative("GET_PLAYER_CHAR") PLAYER_CHAR = GetIntParam(1) if (PLAYER_CHAR <= 0) then   Wait(1000) end  enduntil (PLAYER_CHAR > 0)  endfunction start() PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) PushInt(1) PushInt(65534) PushInt(1) PushInt(1) PushInt(1) PushInt(0) CallNative("SWITCH_PED_TO_RAGDOLL")Wait(30) PushInt(1) PushInt(79) CallNative("CREATE_NM_MESSAGE") PushInt(1) PushInt(95) CallNative("SET_NM_MESSAGE_BOOL") PushInt(85) PushInt(65535) CallNative("SET_NM_MESSAGE_INT") PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) CallNative("SEND_NM_MESSAGE") PushInt(PLAYER_ID) PushInt(1) CallNative("GIVE_PLAYER_RAGDOLL_CONTROL")endfunction stop() PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) CallNative("CLEAR_CHAR_TASKS") PushInt(0) PushInt(79) CallNative("CREATE_NM_MESSAGE") PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) CallNative("SEND_NM_MESSAGE") PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) PushInt(0) CallNative("SWITCH_PED_TO_ANIMATED") PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) PushInt(PLAYER_ID) PushInt(0) CallNative("GIVE_PLAYER_RAGDOLL_CONTROL")Wait(100)endfunction main()InitScript()while true do WaitForPlayerPoolCreation()    WaitForValidPlayer()    if (IsKeyPressed(34) == 1) thenstart()Wait(300)end    if (IsKeyPressed(33) == 1) thenstop()Wait(300)endWait(300)endend-- startmain();

press PGDN to ragdoll drunk

press PGUP to get up

it makes niko drunk balanced while ragdolled but it only works if player is idle (holding the phone before u press PGDN helps load anims maybe)

-also notice that the function (switch to ped) returns a value, probably the is_ped_ragdoll.

theres a pop after the line is called

don't work for me sad.gif

crashes to desktop when i press pageup, All I have is the ragdoll lua in alice folder.

HippieCommunist

i dunno why but i think that Alice 0.1 cant deal with animations/models yet

GAK

I think SWITCH_PED_TO_RAGDOLL can work but it's crash too.

I think we should wait Alice 0.2 maybe solve some problems or find why it's crash.

PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR)

CallNative("CLEAR_CHAR_TASKS")

This could solve the crash, I will try.

Edited by GAK

HippieCommunist

nah man spare it

i tought it was because the AMBIENT_ANIMS so i blocked them and all the gestures and lookvise stuff aswell.... still crash on the native SWITCH PED

to save u the time i tried the CLEAR TASK IMMEDIATLY aswell

Edited by HippieCommunist

SaintJimmy

Come on scripters...BRAINSTORM!

HippieCommunist

thats what im saying...

now look some idiot's gonna write his stupid off-topic request or find a brilliant reason why this is a-bad-idea-mod... sneaky2.gif

where are the legends?

even the creator of Alice dont have a clue, i pmed him.

Edited by HippieCommunist

GAK

In playboy3.sco there's : SWITCH_PED_TO_RAGDOLL(L[950][var0 * 39].v0, 0, 60000, 1, 1, 1, 0)

But this example also crash.

Nobody remembers a mission where an NPC or the player switch to ragdoll?

pedrus

Hello, what are the parameters of the native "APPLY_FORCE_TO_PED" plz?

The used_natives_params.txt say that there is 12 parameters!!!

HippieCommunist

yeah thats coz u need 3d direction of force (vector = 2 points+) and all the other flags...

theres the climing the truck mission where niko has alot of RD action

GAK

I find an example of SWITCH_PED_TO_RAGDOLL_WITH_FALL :

SWITCH_PED_TO_RAGDOLL_WITH_FALL(L[3405][14], 2200, 5000, 1, (float)1, -0.0f, 0.0f, 1.75f, (float)0, (float)0, (float)0, (float)0, (float)0, (float)0)

I have not even tried, I'll keep you informed.

HippieCommunist

thats crap! nothing works!

sk8er_martz

Nobody remembers a mission where an NPC or the player switch to ragdoll?

Going to the bar gets you drunk (euphoria's animated ragdoll) and then after a bit brings you back to normal so see if there's anything in activities.

The latest script posted now worked for me ONCE, it crashes the rest of the time but when it worked it was perfect, I really like how you have to press a button to get up again so he doesn't do it automatically.

If you guys have gotten that far then surely this will be done and dusted soon.

Hopefully additional things could be done too like being able to jump while in the drunk state (not the crappy animation) and maybe even holding onto things like cars or buildings, that'll be awesome, but right now the current script is great, apart from the extremely low success rate.

Keep up the good work! I've been hoping for this mod ever since I got drunk on the PS3 version and I didn't expect it to come this soon.

Edited by sk8er_martz

HippieCommunist

another funny thing ive noticed that if you enter only 6 params (without the last 0) the success rate goes up alittle (littttle)

something diffrent about how the PLAYER_CHAR is proccesed in the original DRUNK script,

i even sent my latest script to Alexander Blade so fingers crossed, hope the problem is simple (since it does work scripwise).

btw @sk8er_martz - my script has the get up function working great (PGUP)

pedrus

yeah thats coz u need 3d direction of force (vector = 2 points+) and all the other flags...

theres the climing the truck mission where niko has alot of RD action

Ok but where I can find an example ? because I don't know how the parameters (or flags) are organized.

Edit:

btw @sk8er_martz - my script has the get up function working great (PGUP)

Where is it? I need it!!!

Edited by pedrus

ManiaChris
yeah ive been trying all day

here is my code

PLAYER_ID, PLAYER_INDEX, PLAYER_CHAR, SAVEDONE, TIMER = 0function InitScript()-- blah-blah-blahWait(10000)endfunction WaitForPlayerPoolCreation()while (IsPlayerPoolCreated() == 0) do  Wait(2000)endendfunction WaitForValidPlayer()PLAYER_CHAR = 0repeat  CallNative("GET_PLAYER_ID")PLAYER_ID = GetIntResult()if (PLAYER_ID >= 0) then PushInt(PLAYER_ID) CallNative("CONVERT_INT_TO_PLAYERINDEX") PLAYER_INDEX = GetIntResult() PushInt(PLAYER_INDEX)    PushVarPtr() CallNative("GET_PLAYER_CHAR") PLAYER_CHAR = GetIntParam(1) if (PLAYER_CHAR <= 0) then   Wait(1000) end  enduntil (PLAYER_CHAR > 0)  endfunction start() PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) PushInt(1) PushInt(65534) PushInt(1) PushInt(1) PushInt(1) PushInt(0) CallNative("SWITCH_PED_TO_RAGDOLL")Wait(30) PushInt(1) PushInt(79) CallNative("CREATE_NM_MESSAGE") PushInt(1) PushInt(95) CallNative("SET_NM_MESSAGE_BOOL") PushInt(85) PushInt(65535) CallNative("SET_NM_MESSAGE_INT") PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) CallNative("SEND_NM_MESSAGE") PushInt(PLAYER_ID) PushInt(1) CallNative("GIVE_PLAYER_RAGDOLL_CONTROL")endfunction stop() PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) CallNative("CLEAR_CHAR_TASKS") PushInt(0) PushInt(79) CallNative("CREATE_NM_MESSAGE") PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) CallNative("SEND_NM_MESSAGE") PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) PushInt(0) CallNative("SWITCH_PED_TO_ANIMATED") PushInt(PLAYER_CHAR) PushInt(PLAYER_ID) PushInt(0) CallNative("GIVE_PLAYER_RAGDOLL_CONTROL")Wait(100)endfunction main()InitScript()while true do WaitForPlayerPoolCreation()    WaitForValidPlayer()    if (IsKeyPressed(34) == 1) thenstart()Wait(300)end    if (IsKeyPressed(33) == 1) thenstop()Wait(300)endWait(300)endend-- startmain();

press PGDN to ragdoll drunk

press PGUP to get up

it makes niko drunk balanced while ragdolled but it only works if player is idle (holding the phone before u press PGDN helps load anims maybe)

-also notice that the function (switch to ped) returns a value, probably the is_ped_ragdoll.

theres a pop after the line is called

Doesn't work for me too - crash!

HippieCommunist

O RLY!? orly.gif

lol

pedrus

If you replace "PushInt(PLAYER_ID)" by "PushInt(PLAYER_INDEX)" PgDwn works (Niko is drunk but never get up) and PgUp crash.

sk8er_martz
If you replace "PushInt(PLAYER_ID)" by "PushInt(PLAYER_INDEX)" PgDwn works (Niko is drunk but never get up) and PgUp crash.

Which "PushInt(PLAYER_ID)" ?

I replaced all of them but it crashed like usual when I pressed PgDown.

If you can get that to work all the time and the normal script has PgUp working all the time, couldn't you remove the other button from each of the scripts and run them seperately?

pedrus

There is two "PushInt(PLAYER_ID)". I replaced both and it worked (only PgDwn) something like 3 times but now it crash when I press PgDwn... suicidal.gif .

PgUp always crashed my game.

HippieCommunist

yeah it makes no sense the buggy line is SWITHC_PED_TO_RAGDOLL not the one with the ID... confused.gif

pedrus

How do you see where are errors?

Sry for stupid questions but I'm really interested in making lua script for GTA. I want to know all I need to know about lua and natives etc...

Edited by pedrus

HippieCommunist

ok guys we got an update

almost positive confirmation about the function (SWITCH_PED) not bein' called propertly yet, the good news is that Alice 0.2 is on the way and its gonna support specific functions like such inlove.gif

in case any of u are still trying....

just sit tight (animated for now ^^)

HippieCommunist

so what your idea? spawn two cars to crush niko real fast and disappear? ^_^

lasallup

no way to assign the "got shot" action to a key so when you press it you get shot and go into ragdoll?

HippieCommunist

perhaps only if ure being shot by a water stream... dozingoff.gif so no damage would be taken

sk8er_martz

perhaps only if ure being shot by a water stream...  dozingoff.gif so no damage would be taken

Perhaps spawn an invisible water stream from the camera's point of view aiming at the player turn.gif

Although it'd be easier to just trigger whatever happens when someone is hit by a water stream from a fire truck or whatever, which I'm assuming is what the latest script tries anyway.

HippieCommunist

maybe with the C++ thinggy the switch ped to ragdoll wont crash?

i dont know what to do with the source tough, its not just saving as DLL in notepad lol.gif

sjaak327
maybe with the C++ thinggy the switch ped to ragdoll wont crash?

i dont know what to do with the source tough, its not just saving as DLL in notepad lol.gif

You need to compile the source with VS 2008 smile.gif