2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

NEED A MAP!

Dwayne

There hasn't been a map of the game shown to the public yet. All we know is that it'll be a slightly altered version of GTA IV's Liberty City, and Alderney won't be present in Chinatown Wars gameplay.

There was a sample version in an issue of a NGamer UK Magazine; I didn't buy it though.

This was a couple of months ago BTW.

There was a sample version in an issue of a NGamer UK Magazine; I didn't buy it though.

This was a couple of months ago BTW.

yeh i got that issue

i would scan it in...but i dont have a scanner

but its more or less the same shape, minus alderney and with less streets and theyre much mor random(no definate street plan)

user posted image

There ya go (I work for Rockstar).

i didnt know that it was possible to achieve a work of art like that, btw da vinci eat your heart out

user posted image

i didnt know that it was possible to achieve a work of art like that, btw da vinci eat your heart out

I'm glad we have a rockstar employee here giving us fruitful information!

user posted image

i admire your silky editing skills, cookie for you smile.gifcookie.gif

Well a new issue of ONM has some new pics, one of which is the Statue of Happiness and some boats. Makes me wonder what happens if you drive a speedboat over to Alderney...

Well a new issue of ONM has some new pics, one of which is the Statue of Happiness and some boats. Makes me wonder what happens if you drive a speedboat over to Alderney...

If it's possible, do you have any pics/scans?

You hit an invisible barrier and all you can see beyond it is the sea. Just like III, VC, LCS and VCS.

Here is the Actual Map of Chinatown Wars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOkNk3nEYEo

ENJOY!

The map's a little different than the one in GTA IV-- different roads and all. Probably for easier gameplay, or there wasn't enough space on the DS for the full Liberty City, so they downsized it.

Well Rockstar stated it was an altered version of the GTA IV map, minus the other island. The islands have the same shape. By removing that Alderney island the Chinatown Wars map looks a lot like the Vice City Stories map.

I noticed that the pic. is missing Charge Island..

EDIT: I know the outline of the islands are the same shape, but I was talking about the roads inside them.

Grand Theft Auto Dude

ENJOY!

That can't be it. It looks like one of the maps people made pre-release. Algonquin doesn't have a grid layout, Middle Park is off to the left, Francis International has 4 short runways (and there are roads where the north runway should be), Charge Island is missing and all that is left is the bridges intersecting over the river, there is no bridge to or any roads on Colony Island, Meadows Park and Outlook Park are missing, there aren't any docks anywhere...

Everything is just f*cked up. Could this be a mock-up done by the magazine? It just isn't right. I'd like to see a higher resolution version of that map, if anyone has it.

EDIT: Okay, found proof it isn't the real thing. This topic has a pic of a helicopter flying above the Statue of Happiness, which isn't on the map.

Edited by Grand Theft Auto Dude

ENJOY!

That can't be it. It looks like one of the maps people made pre-release. Algonquin doesn't have a grid layout, Middle Park is off to the left, Francis International has 4 short runways (and there are roads where the north runway should be), Charge Island is missing and all that is left is the bridges intersecting over the river, there is no bridge to or any roads on Colony Island, Meadows Park and Outlook Park are missing, there aren't any docks anywhere...

Everything is just f*cked up. Could this be a mock-up done by the magazine? It just isn't right. I'd like to see a higher resolution version of that map, if anyone has it.

EDIT: Okay, found proof it isn't the real thing. This topic has a pic of a helicopter flying above the Statue of Happiness, which isn't on the map.

and still your map is better lol.gif

ENJOY!

Rubbish pure rubbish, Why would NGamer have a fake map in there magazine man? You can't tell whats on the map from a youtube scan. Don't be jealous or be in denial man. Look at the video again.

I scanned this from NGamer myself. ^^ Enjoy! ...

I scanned this from NGamer myself. ^^

Grand Theft Auto Dude

ENJOY!

Rubbish pure rubbish, Why would NGamer have a fake map in there magazine man? You can't tell whats on the map from a youtube scan. Don't be jealous or be in denial man. Look at the video again.

I don't care what it says, it isn't it. Nothing matches up with anything.

Cooly thanks!

I havnt been on here for ages... and the guy who said who works for rockstar I really got a laugh outta that, especially the editin... Nice joke there man haha!!!

Edited by Dwayne

• 1 month later...
Grand Theft Auto Dude

ENJOY!

Okay, more proof that it isn't the map.

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/95...25020051511.jpg

In this screen, you can see the usual two airports at FIA, intersecting near the control tower at the corner of Dukes. The fake map has four runways that don't intersect like that at all.

ENJOY!

Okay, more proof that it isn't the map.

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/95...25020051511.jpg

In this screen, you can see the usual two airports at FIA, intersecting near the control tower at the corner of Dukes. The fake map has four runways that don't intersect like that at all.

He's right. That picture released by Rockstar has the runways lined up how they are in IV, this ngamer map is totally different. I'm trusting something posted by Rockstar over ngamer.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, if you've got a legit copy early here's your chance to prove it (and discuss the game with impunity from mods?) by posting a photo or scan of the boxed map... If there is one.

Any takers?