2. Support

3. Suggestions

[RELEASE] GTAIV Handling Editor

CoMPMStR

LOL, I made one too with the same name.

Here is an alternative:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=385566

LMFAO! biggrin.gif

I got a problem 'cause every time I'm trying to change handling the game's not starting - running out of ideas s.o.s :|

Perhaps you didn't backup the file and/or modify the files.txt file appropriately. Here's a link to my Mod Assistant to help with that process. http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=385825

If you need an original handling.dat, here you go: http://rapidshare.com/files/174091194/handling.dat.html (not uploaded by me)

Edited by CoMPMStR

I find a bug, the Thb is not in the soft, so everything is not in good place. Thb may be the hand brake force.

I've taken the value info from the top of the file: (notice there is no Thb)

; > FIELD DESCRIPTIONS <; ----------------------; (A) vehicle identifier; (B) fMass; © fDragMult; (D) nPercentSubmerged; (E) CentreOfMass.x; (F) CentreOfMass.y; (G) CentreOfMass.z;; TRANSMISSION; (Tt)	m_nDriveBias; (Tg)	m_nDriveGears; (Tf)	m_fDriveForce; (Ti)	m_fDriveInertia; (Tv)	m_fV; (Tb)	m_fBrakeForce; (Tbb)	m_fBrakeBias; (Ts)	m_fSteeringLock;; WHEEL TRACTION; (Wc+) m_fTractionCurveMax; (Wc-) m_fTractionCurveMin; (Wc-) m_fTractionCurveLateral; (Wc|) m_fTractionCurveLongitudinal; (Ws+) m_fTractionSpringDeltaMax; (Wh) m_fTractionBias;; SUSPENSION; (Sf)	m_fSuspensionForce; (Scd)	m_fSuspensionCompDamp; (Srd)	m_fSuspensionReboundDamp; (Su)	m_fSuspensionUpperLimit; (Sl)	m_fSuspensionLowerLimit; (Sr)	m_fSuspensionRaise; (Sb)	m_fSuspensionBias;; DAMAGE; (Dc)	m_fCollisionDamageMult; (Dw)	m_fWeaponDamageMult; (Dd)	m_fDeformationDamageMult; (De)	m_fEngineDamageMult;; MISC; (Ms)	m_fSeatOffsetDist; (Mv)	m_nMonetaryValue; (Mmf)	mFlags; (Mhf)	hFlags; (Ma)	m_nAnimGroup

And this is how I counted it in the data:

RUINER 1700.0 7.0 85 0.0 0.0 -0.32	0.0 5 0.21 1.0 150.0 0.25 0.65 0.7 35.0	1.35 1.06 15.5 0.15 0.47	1.8 1.1 1.1 0.15 -0.15 0.0 0.5	1.0 1.0 0.8 1.5	0.0 19000 440040 0 0A = RUINERB = 1700.0C = 7.0D = 85E = 0.0F = 0.0G = -0.32Tt = 0.0Tg = 5Tf = 0.21Ti = 1.0Tv = 150.0Tb = 0.25Tbb = 0.65Ts = 0.7Wc+ = 35.0Wc- = 1.35Wc- = 1.06Wc| = 15.5Ws+ = 0.15Wh = 0.47Sf = 1.8Scd = 1.1Srd = 1.1Su = 0.15Sl = -0.15Sr = 0.0Sb = 0.5Dc = 1.0Dw = 1.0Db = 0.8De = 1.5Ms = 0.0Mv = 19000Mmf = 440040Mhf = 0Ma = 0

Everything seems to line up straight to me.

Ok if i look closely to my file, i have a Thb but i dont have an Wcl, so if we count the number of value are good, but it seem two values have changed.

user posted image

lolz I have to ask a question.. what's wrong with people these days and why do they do this?

http://gta-all.de/page/include.php?path=do...d&contentid=422

Then AFTER this, he asks me permission to post other tools I made on his site! confused.gif

I think it's funny simply cuz the exe says the real creator when you click About. biggrin.gif Have fun trying to change it. tounge2.gif

NEW in v1.4: As from request, Set All (which is located in the Misc tab) now contains some new features. You are now able to choose which vehicle type (cars, bikes, boats, helis, or all) to set the selected attribute. You can now also choose whether to increase or decrease the attribute from the value, along with setting the attribute equal to the value. Since the handling and model flags are hex values, you can ONLY set those attributes equal to the value.

just awesome, thanks a lot for doing this icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Your editor has a serious problem. It thinks the steering wheel lock is "Curve Max" under Traction. Curve Max should be between 0.7 and 1.2 for most cars, not 30, and you have steering lock in the range of 1-2 or so when it's actually measured in degrees and is 30-40.

I know what the problem is. Every value after "Thb" is off by one column because Thb isn't documented at the top of handling.cfg. Could you please fix your program? It's great otherwise.

Your editor has a serious problem. It thinks the steering wheel lock is "Curve Max" under Traction. Curve Max should be between 0.7 and 1.2 for most cars, not 30, and you have steering lock in the range of 1-2 or so when it's actually measured in degrees and is 30-40.

I know what the problem is. Every value after "Thb" is off by one column because Thb isn't documented at the top of handling.cfg. Could you please fix your program? It's great otherwise.

This has been discussed already. Go back read the reply by me that describes how I took the data from the file. Please explain to me how there is a spot for Thb. Didn't you ever think that R* may try to confuse those who try to edit their game? Open action_table.csv in notepad and see if you can figure out what each column represents. tounge2.gif

For the Admiral the Curve Max is 35.0, Curve Min is 1.2, and Steering lock is 0.7. How is 0.7, which you say should be Curve Max, higher than 1.2 which is Curve Min?

Then why does increasing curve max increase how much the front wheels turn?

And why is the steering lock for the steed 0.1 when the sultan is 0.7, and in-game you can see their wheels steer pretty much the same amount? If it's in radians, then the steed would turn 1/7 as much, but obviously it doesn't. Which means that value is NOT steering lock. The value is Thb, which is probably (Transmission) Hand Brake. The value AFTER that is steering lock, which you incorrectly have assigned to Curve Maximum.

My analysis of this is that most of your traction settings are off by one value. I don't think Curve Longitudinal exists (the comments list 6 traction values, but there are only 5 in the traction group. In addition, there is no symbol for Wc| above the handling lines. So if you figure Wc| doesn't exist, then all the other values make sense.). Curve Min is actually Curve Max, and Curve Lateral is Curve Min. In this case, minimum is still lower than maximum for all cars. The rest of your values are correct.

So basically, all the values between Handbrake and Curve Longitudinal are offset because you didn't put Handbrake in your editor, which exists in the game, but you did put Curve Longitudinal, which doesn't. I think the problem is you based your editor off of the comments at the top of handling.dat, and NOT on the actual values, which are inconsistent with the comments.

I must say it's a fantastic program. I just hope you can fix this bug.

Edited by Kitteh

Where is this handling.dat file located at?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data

Visa doesn't allow to over save that file with the program. You have to copy it manually (I did something weird and lost that handling.dat file and now I don't know where to save it).

• 5 weeks later...
Where is this handling.dat file located at?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data

Visa doesn't allow to over save that file with the program. You have to copy it manually (I did something weird and lost that handling.dat file and now I don't know where to save it).

Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data

• 4 weeks later...
I tried to download it, but the site I'm directed to says the file has been deleted by the user...

anyone else experiencing this?

Download my IV Needle program, my individual editors are no longer updated.

• 12 years later...