[OTHER | IV] GTA IV Real Car Handling RC7 & RC7SC

hazeyo

Also on the rc4 version handling is pretty bad. I cant turn a corner properly. Need better handling and wheel turn. Can you also make it so the cars can do donuts?

Also on the rc4 version handling is pretty bad. I cant turn a corner properly. Need better handling and wheel turn. Can you also make it so the cars can do donuts?

Same problem here, but not with all cars.

I notice it pretty hard on the dukes tough, allmost impossible to turn with that thing smile.gif

which cars dont seem to be able to turn properly other than the dukes? i havent been home this week so havent been able to work on the mod but i will once i get home this weekend, so if i can get a list of cars to fix so i can get right on it

ThePinkPanzer
which cars dont seem to be able to turn properly other than the dukes? i havent been home this week so havent been able to work on the mod but i will once i get home this weekend, so if i can get a list of cars to fix so i can get right on it

the helicopters weights, top speeds and thrust.

I'll check some more and I'll let you know.

Got exams, so don't have alot of playtime now, can only play sporadically! (got one tomorrow)

If badguy could list the bad turning cars as well (other people can too offcourse wink.gif ), that would be a big help

ThePinkPanzer

the speedo cant make it up tha ramp on to the highway in alderney in the keyboard version

hmmm, played a little and tested every different car I encountered.

Seems like the only one with turning probs is the dukes for me now.

If anyone has met other cars which turn just as bad, just say so here.

Another thing is that allmost every SUV tumbles over in corners waaaay too fast and they have too much acceleration I think compared to the others

hmmm, played a little and tested every different car I encountered.

Seems like the only one with turning probs is the dukes for me now.

If anyone has met other cars which turn just as bad, just say so here.

Another thing is that allmost every SUV tumbles over in corners waaaay too fast and they have too much acceleration I think compared to the others

Well I havent checked what cars yet but the ones I know so far are the infernus, super gt, turismo. And also the pcj 900 and 600 have worse handling than the cars. If anything bikes should turn better.

Next time I play ill get a list down. smile.gif

If I wanted to change a setting on a car to make it take of quicker which settings would I have to change?

user posted image

Some cars just take of TOO SLOW.

ThePinkPanzer
If I wanted to change a setting on a car to make it take of quicker which settings would I have to change?

user posted image

Some cars just take of TOO SLOW.

Tf

williambumble

Hey Hazeyo, nice work on this mod, it def makes driving more enjoyable in the game.

the tweaked handling does however create automatic fails in a couple of missions (there may be more):

1) The truck that Niko is straddling in Phil Bell's mission "Truck Hustle" will crash when it invetibaly corners too fast, destroying the

Heroin that you need to retrieve to pass the mission. The truck is probably the STEED.

2) This may not be 100% fail, but its happened to me the 1st 4 times I've tried: the car (I don't know which one, its a white

sedan) that you're pursuing at the end of "Pegorino's Pride" will be destroyed after going over the 2nd stair-jump (for an unseen reason)

causing a fail because it destroys the tribute ($) that you need to recover for Pegorino.

I think the minor quibbles that I and others in this thread have with the mod should probably be tweaked individually using

Computer Experts Handling Editor (though I'm abit lazy to do it;), you've provided some good work and a solid foundation, but its hard

to account for each individual's taste -

cheers. icon14.gif

Another bug: at the player's location in the map below, there's a steep hill leading into a tunnel. The AI traffic inches a little way up the hill, then rolls back down again. They never make it, causing constant traffic jams in the tunnel.

I'm using the keyboard RC4 version by the way.

user posted image

Another bug: at the player's location in the map below, there's a steep hill leading into a tunnel. The AI traffic inches a little way up the hill, then rolls back down again. They never make it, causing constant traffic jams in the tunnel.

I'm using the keyboard RC4 version by the way.

user posted image

This is because the take off is just too slow and not powerful enough as I stated before.

im working RC5 which will fix the dukes problem and any other handling issues that cars had (ie. suspension being to soft and the front wheels slipping when trying to cut a turn)

And i will release a fixed version of the keyboard version with a bit more torque so the cars can get up those steeper hills, if there anything else please let me know so i can have it included in RC5 due to be released on saturday

Could you also check some SUV's acceleration ?

(don't quite remember which ones, but it was allmost every SUV i thought)

Most of them just shot away like a cannon and for such heavy vehicles, it seems a bit unrealistic smile.gif

edit: and don't forget the stiffer brakes on all of them wink.gif

Edited by V4mp

and maybe lower that throttle a little bit. smile.gif

Doesn't feel realistic if my car spins out at the slightest tough of the trigger (using 360 controller)

im working RC5 which will fix the dukes problem and any other handling issues that cars had (ie. suspension being to soft and the front wheels slipping when trying to cut a turn)

And i will release a fixed version of the keyboard version with a bit more torque so the cars can get up those steeper hills, if there anything else please let me know so i can have it included in RC5 due to be released on saturday

There is an american car, i dont know the name now, but some newer version of the Lincoln Town Car.

It does constant burnout even with keyboard mod, i assume you forgot to change its line for the keyboard version smile.gif

There is an american car, i dont know the name now, but some newer version of the Lincoln Town Car.

It does constant burnout even with keyboard mod, i assume you forgot to change its line for the keyboard version smile.gif

It's Admiral/washington smile.gif

user posted image

Hey Hazeyo, nice work on this mod, it def makes driving more enjoyable in the game.

the tweaked handling does however create automatic fails in a couple of missions (there may be more):

1) The truck that Niko is straddling in Phil Bell's mission "Truck Hustle" will crash when it invetibaly corners too fast, destroying the

Heroin that you need to retrieve to pass the mission. The truck is probably the STEED.

2) This may not be 100% fail, but its happened to me the 1st 4 times I've tried: the car (I don't know which one, its a white

sedan) that you're pursuing at the end of "Pegorino's Pride" will be destroyed after going over the 2nd stair-jump (for an unseen reason)

causing a fail because it destroys the tribute ($) that you need to recover for Pegorino.

I think the minor quibbles that I and others in this thread have with the mod should probably be tweaked individually using

Computer Experts Handling Editor (though I'm abit lazy to do it;), you've provided some good work and a solid foundation, but its hard

to account for each individual's taste -

cheers. icon14.gif

I reported these exact same issues a few pages back. However, I though it was the STEED also, but after messing around with the STEED settings to nil effect, I realised it must of been the MULE. smile.gif

Also the Landstalker and the Habanero tip real easy. Especially the Habanero, which is very bouncy and light.

Another problem i noticed: The Sultan (Impreza), also not the RS! is accelerating very slowly. I think there is a problem with it, it tooks ages to reach top speed.

Also, if you are working on RC5, you should incorporate the real car names american.gxt, because you can fix the car naming issue caused by the vehicles.ide, by reverse replacing the cars names in the gxt smile.gif

Also, if you are working on RC5, you should incorporate the real car names american.gxt, because you can fix the car naming issue caused by the vehicles.ide, by reverse replacing the cars names in the gxt smile.gif

Personally i'd rather not see any "real name" mod incorporated, as many of the cars are still being debated by many people. Everyone has a different opinion of what their RL counterparts would be. Also as most of them are combinations of several real-life cars, I simply dont believe it's possible to decide on a single RL name for most of them.

For example, the sultan to me looks like a Impreza/Evo combination, but other's believe it's based on Lexus IS 200/IS 300. So what should it's real name be? Impreza, Evo or Lexus, when it fact it's probably all 3? That's why I think a real name mod would cause a lot of issues.

Personally i'd rather not see any "real name" mod incorporated, as many of the cars are still being debated by many people. Everyone has a different opinion of what their RL counterparts would be. Also as most of them are combinations of several real-life cars, I simply dont believe it's possible to decide on a single RL name for most of them.

For example, the sultan to me looks like a Impreza/Evo combination, but other's believe it's based on Lexus IS 200/IS 300. So what should it's real name be? Impreza, Evo or Lexus, when it fact it's probably all 3? That's why I think a real name mod would cause a lot of issues.

A real handling mod needs real car names too.

Most of the cars can be named without doubts. If theres a car you would like to give another name, because YOU think its something else, you can still rename it in the gxt easy.

RadioactiveLobster

I've tried using this with the latest patch (XLiveLess has been updated) and it seems to work... a little

For some reason I don't see the double damage, but the handling appears to be changed.

I'm using RC4 for Keyboard

I've tried using this with the latest patch (XLiveLess has been updated) and it seems to work... a little

For some reason I don't see the double damage, but the handling appears to be changed.

Its the modded filelist.pak (Magic Patch) you need, not xliveless. Xliveless and the likes is for loading ASI (such as Alice) and other type mods which use external scripts.

The modded filelist.pak is for using modded game files.

RadioactiveLobster

Its the modded filelist.pak (Magic Patch) you need, not xliveless. Xliveless and the likes is for loading ASI (such as Alice) and other type mods which use external scripts.

The modded filelist.pak is for using modded game files.

Xliveless allowed for the use of modded files, though that may have changed with the new patch.

Also, I hear rumors of handling being hardcoded in the new patch

hey every one, sorry i didnt get to release RC5 over the weekend (i got into a car accident which put a stop on things), ill have something posted for this weekend for every one to enjoy. keep the bug reports coming so i can include everything for this weekend

i got into a car accident

Lol, what's the problem? Why don't u loaded old save game tounge2.gif

/sarcasm

user posted image

i got into a car accident

Lol, what's the problem? Why don't u loaded old save game tounge2.gif

/sarcasm

lol i wish that was the case, but im carless atm. so the release of RC5 might be a little late but it will be released

Edited by hazeyo