[OTHER | IV] GTA IV Real Car Handling RC7 & RC7SC

hazeyo

ThePinkPanzer
i posted a keyboard version of RC4 for those who dont have controllers, im just waiting for it to be approved on GTA garage icon14.gif enjoy

great job. all the cars feel different and real now. other than damage.

btw the banchee is too fast. stock Vipers dont go beyond 327km/h

Best handling mod so far smile.gif Very good (RC4 keyboard).

A problem i noticed: The Corvettes front wheels are showing trough the hood, if it bounces.

I really like this mod as far as using it to play around. You absolutely nailed the BMW M3\M5 lookalike IMO. I always see that car as one of the limited edition BMW M5's. The power matches and the turbo and flames coming out of the tailpipes is just icing on the cake.

Now, this is not a mod I could use to play the game with in regular campaign mode because the cars just spin out. The handling is awful and more often then not after 5 minutes of driving the cars were in shambles. If you toned down the torque a bit and made it usable that would be great.

I've never driven a $250,000-$500,000 car but I doubt that the Ferrari 360 Modena can lay a 60ft patch of rubber in 3rd gear at 90mph. It's just a little overboard that's all.

Anyways that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions right? Thanks

Yay , now it's great. Hazeyo , how I can make sentinel look so awesome like in your vid where you test sentinel handling in bridge ? Please man , tell me how to do it , please.

user posted image

A problem i noticed: The Corvettes front wheels are showing trough the hood, if it bounces.

yea its one of the few bugs i have to sort out, i tryed to make it so it doesnt do that but that car would have this awkward bounce when it would turn (this shows up in RC4 nonKB)

I really like this mod as far as using it to play around. You absolutely nailed the BMW M3\M5 lookalike IMO. I always see that car as one of the limited edition BMW M5's. The power matches and the turbo and flames coming out of the tailpipes is just icing on the cake.

Now, this is not a mod I could use to play the game with in regular campaign mode because the cars just spin out. The handling is awful and more often then not after 5 minutes of driving the cars were in shambles. If you toned down the torque a bit and made it usable that would be great.

I've never driven a $250,000-$500,000 car but I doubt that the Ferrari 360 Modena can lay a 60ft patch of rubber in 3rd gear at 90mph. It's just a little overboard that's all.

Anyways that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions right? Thanks

have you tried the keyboard version yet, its got minimal wheel spin compaired to the all out version

Yay , now it's great. Hazeyo , how I can make sentinel look so awesome like in your vid where you test sentinel handling in bridge ? Please man , tell me how to do it , please.

look in little italy in sound algonquin or northen alderney

Edited by hazeyo

have you tried the keyboard version yet, its got minimal wheel spin compaired to the all out version

I tried it and it's better but it only seemed to change their acceleration. Is there a setting for tire grip? I think upping that and adding a bit more acceleration back into the keyboard version would be nice IMO. Thanks for your work.

Edited by Pixelated

The Huntley still tips over. If it was up to me, i'd eliminate the body roll, as I believe it should handle more like a heavy sports car, not like a typical 4x4 when cornering. If there was a standard Huntley version, without the Sport title, then i'd expect it to handle that way smile.gif

I like the way the other cars handle so far. They all seem to have real weight to them now, like one would expect. I've been practising my 4 wheel slides around corners smile.gif

So far so good. Havent got to the boats and such yet.

Damage seems just right. At the speeds most drive at, you expect a car to damage to that degree. I wouldnt change it at all. Though possibly do a version without the damage mod for those who like to drive armoured cars.

Damage seems just right. At the speeds most drive at, you expect a car to damage to that degree. I wouldnt change it at all. Though possibly do a version without the damage mod for those who like to drive armoured cars.

I agree, that the damage is very realistic so, but i would consider lowering it from double by 10-20%, so that all the missions can be made with the mod.

Ive don many missions with double damage, some of them are easier, but some of them are nearly impossible this way.

Despite the fact I keep editing the topic title, I've yet to try this mod out. I'll play around with it later on tonight. Some good work being done here.

ThePinkPanzer

I agree, that the damage is very realistic so, but i would consider lowering it from double by 10-20%, so that all the missions can be made with the mod.

Ive don many missions with double damage, some of them are easier, but some of them are nearly impossible this way.

its not very realistic tho better then unmodded. you cant drive a sports car at 300km/h in to a wall and them expect to drive away or live for that matter.

Edited by ThePinkPanzer

its not very realistic tho better then unmodded. you cant drive a sports car at 300km/h in to a wall and them expect to drive away or live for that matter.

Doesnt scale correctly with speed unfortunately. Setting too low doesnt do enough damage, setting too high makes touching a butterfly total your car tounge.gif

I played through all the missions with this damage mod perfectly fine. The only issues were with the older versions, with mission vehicles tipping over, boats being too slow and that one NPC car taking too much damage. Other than that I had no problem completing missions (no cheats). Just need to be more careful with the driving.

ThePinkPanzer

Doesnt scale correctly with speed unfortunately. Setting too low doesnt do enough damage, setting too high makes touching a butterfly total your car tounge.gif

I played through all the missions with this damage mod perfectly fine. The only issues were with the older versions, with mission vehicles tipping over, boats being too slow and that one NPC car taking too much damage. Other than that I had no problem completing missions (no cheats). Just need to be more careful with the driving.

ive been playing around with settings and i have something for everything except helicopters and boats. right now. i was waiting to get the helicopter before posting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNAPxWKffmk

if you wanna see what ive done. tho its using a keyboard so its hard to control. i scrape a few cars to show that it wont total the cars. and i slow down in the end to show that its not the speed of the viper thats doing it ether.

Edited by ThePinkPanzer

I really like this mod, but just got a few remarks smile.gif

For me the damage is a bit too high, would be perfect if you could tone it down a little.

Also, can you do something about the brakes, takes ages for a car to break now, even if they are not going very fast.

Just a little tighter and it would be perfect smile.gif

keep up the good work pall icon14.gif

I think the cars top speed is too high.

I'm pretty sure Tv is in mph not kph, I tested it with a car that has a tv of 50 and at it's allready faster than most cars on the freeway and it feels much more like 50 mph than 50 kph.

I think.. also with the lower Tv, the cars don't accelerate quite as insanely quick but still have plenty of wheelspin.

Otherwise, the cars feel very real to me, good job!

Also this is a good tool for testing (car spawner). http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=390090

Needs http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=380830&st=0 to run.

Edit: 50, not 60

Edited by Planet2Side

the armoured van (Stockade) and the firetruck both tip over.

Checked the video. That's how damage should be. High speed impact should make the car undrivable. However, i'd hate to see it be damaged too much from just a friendly tap, or blow up too easily.

Edited by Anach

I think the cars top speed is too high.

I'm pretty sure Tv is in mph not kph, I tested it with a car that has a tv of 50 and at it's allready faster than most cars on the freeway and it feels much more like 50 mph than 50 kph.

I think.. also with the lower Tv, the cars don't accelerate quite as insanely quick but still have plenty of wheelspin.

Otherwise, the cars feel very real to me, good job!

Also this is a good tool for testing (car spawner). http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=390090

Needs http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=380830&st=0 to run.

Edit: 50, not 60

I think he is right, alot of the cars have an insane topspeed, even if it is a crappy one smile.gif

Just because a car has a High top speed, doesnt mean you have to use it. Like real life, most cars have speed limits much higher than can be driven on normal roads.

Although I havent tested the actual top speed of many cars, simply because I havent been able to obtain it.

topspeed is way to high...

top speed is fine, just because a car has a top speed of 160 doesnt mean you have to go 160 on every lil road your on

the armoured van (Stockade) and the firetruck both tip over.    Checked the video. That's how damage should be. High speed impact should make the car undrivable. However, i'd hate to see it be damaged too much from just a friendly tap, or blow up too easily.

ill take a look at the van and firetruck, i wont be fiddling around with the damage values too much cause raising them beyond the point they are at would cause the cars to take damage from the smallest of impacts, but i will see what i can do:^:

also my chevy impala for some reason has trouble going uphill with kb version

do you know the ingame name? so i can look into the problem icon14.gif

yea its one of the few bugs i have to sort out, i tryed to make it so it doesnt do that but that car would have this awkward bounce when it would turn (this shows up in RC4 nonKB)

look in little italy in sound algonquin or northen alderney

I don't noticed the pimped out version of sentinel here sad.gif I were even trying to spawn it with car spawner , but only normal version spawn sad.gif

user posted image

I don't noticed the pimped out version of sentinel here  I were even trying to spawn it with car spawner , but only normal version spawn

drive around those area's in a taxi for a bit, you should be able to see one that way

could you stiffen up the breaks a little ?  Takes ages to get to a halt

agreed, i am working on it im just trying to make it so the cars cant stop on a dime

ThePinkPanzer
Checked the video. That's how damage should be. High speed impact should make the car undrivable. However, i'd hate to see it be damaged too much from just a friendly tap, or blow up too easily.

the way i have my damage you will rarely blow up its only from gun fire when it happens. and you wont total from taping something, i raced with these settings.

topspeed is way to high...

And handling is pretty bad. I just barely go in the Feltzer, turn a *little* right and spin out.

Which one is the all out version. I dont like it that it doesn spin off take off.