3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

"The Lost" Safe House

W Blue Sky Lives

btw I don't believe the DLC is exclusive, almost every single exclusive is a timed exclusive. I wouldn't be surprised if by next year around this time the PlayStation 3 Computer Home Entertainment System sees something, even if it is smaller.

Yeah I'm sure Microsoft paid $50 million (the most ever for DLC) for a timed exclusive.

Just keep telling yourself that.

If it's a timed exclusive it's probably like 100 years.

Has anyone used the underground glitch to check if there are interiors to any of the gang hideouts? I suspect there aren't any yet, but that they will come with dlc. But if there are, and there on both consoles, that may be a clue to the cross over arguments.

A little off topic but, do you guys think you'll need a finished story line save to play the dlc? I have both consoles but I have only used my xbox to play online with the devs

Edited by Niall
techliveadmin
btw I don't believe the DLC is exclusive, almost every single exclusive is a timed exclusive. I wouldn't be surprised if by next year around this time the PlayStation 3 Computer Home Entertainment System sees something, even if it is smaller.

Yeah I'm sure Microsoft paid $50 million (the most ever for DLC) for a timed exclusive.

Just keep telling yourself that.

If it's a timed exclusive it's probably like 100 years.

Well it's the same company that spent millions on Vista and now they're moving unto Windows 7. Nothing is ever exclusive, never! I may be just an angry Ps3 user but do you think R* with all there wisdom won't release something for the Ps3 as well? GTA IV is a money making machine and without doubt they are going to milk the users of the game for as much as they can. Sure Xbox gets something, no one can say the Ps3 won't get something, business wise it won't make sense.

What they are doing is building anticipation and general buzz about the DLC-less Ps3 and then when they announce it, we are all going to be hyped up about it. Bookmark this thread, wait until late 2009. One whole year, and by that time you'll see something/s for the Ps3.

Well it's the same company that spent millions on Vista and now they're moving unto Windows 7.

What does this have to do with anything? Of course they're going to come out with new operating systems. Why would you even bring this up unless you're trying to illustrate something like the inevitable Xbox 720 and PS4?

Nothing is ever exclusive, never!

Um, no, some things ARE exclusive, and this exclusivity deal has more money behind it than any other in the history of games. It's a huge amount of money. You can rest assured that Microsoft locked this content up tight.

I may be just an angry Ps3 user

Well, at least you're honest.

but do you think R* with all there wisdom won't release something for the Ps3 as well?

Yes. Microsoft made them an offer that cut Sony out. They accepted it.

GTA IV is a money making machine and without doubt they are going to milk the users of the game for as much as they can.

It's far more complicated than that. If Rockstar agreed to this $50 million deal you can rest assured that some bean counter at Rockstar crunched the numbers and determined that they'd get more money taking Microsoft's $50 million than they would by letting Sony users pay for the content. To put that into perspective: Rockstar may have determined that they only stood to make $40 million off of PS3 downloads. If that's the case then taking Microsoft's $50 million obviously makes a lot of financial sense.

Sure Xbox gets something, no one can say the Ps3 won't get something, business wise it won't make sense.

Um, business-wise it makes perfect sense. For Rockstar and Microsoft, that is. Rockstar got their $50 million. Microsoft makes their console and their version of the retail game more appealing to consumers. Sure, Sony gets screwed but that's the nature of such a competitive business.

What they are doing is building anticipation and general buzz about the DLC-less Ps3 and then when they announce it, we are all going to be hyped up about it. Bookmark this thread, wait until late 2009. One whole year, and by that time you'll see something/s for the Ps3.

What they're doing is building anticipation for Xbox 360-exclusive content. That's the whole point of this deal. And nobody is going to care enough to bookmark your post. You're just one of many desperate PS3 fanboys in denial over the reality of the situation.

Microsoft never got the "Stories" games. Sony is never going to get the DLC. Accept it.

GingerlyPocus™
On the islands locked-or-unlocked issue, there's an interesting wrinkle involving the Jason character: Jason is Anna Faustin's boyfriend/pimp who Niko kills in "No Love Lost". Jason being alive in the new trailer proves TLAD begins before Niko arrives in Liberty City. When Niko kills Jason the bridges are closed because of a terrorism threat. That means Jason and his Lost brothers must have gotten over to Broker/Dukes/Bohan before the Niko storyline started. TLAD's story either concludes entirely before Niko's arrival (a prequel just like past Stories games), or bridges become closed during TLAD after Jason gets across. It could also be that west-to-east traffic is allowed through the barricades, depending on the nature of the terrorism threat. Or, Rockstar might not make the bridge closings consistent between the two stories.

Well thought out, but unfortunately you're confusing Jason - The one you eliminate for Faustin and Johnny - The DLC Main Character

On the islands locked-or-unlocked issue, there's an interesting wrinkle involving the Jason character:  Jason is Anna Faustin's boyfriend/pimp who Niko kills in "No Love Lost".  Jason being alive in the new trailer proves TLAD begins before Niko arrives in Liberty City.  When Niko kills Jason the bridges are closed because of a terrorism threat.  That means Jason and his Lost brothers must have gotten over to Broker/Dukes/Bohan before the Niko storyline started.  TLAD's story either concludes entirely before Niko's arrival (a prequel just like past Stories games), or bridges become closed during TLAD after Jason gets across.  It could also be that west-to-east traffic is allowed through the barricades, depending on the nature of the terrorism threat.  Or, Rockstar might not make the bridge closings consistent between the two stories.

Well thought out, but unfortunately you're confusing Jason - The one you eliminate for Faustin and Johnny - The DLC Main Character

OOORRR!!! There is a new mission which is the The other side of the story for "No Love Lost" Which ends in Jason being Killed and Johnny and the rest of the guys running off or something like that

the_regular_guy
On the islands locked-or-unlocked issue, there's an interesting wrinkle involving the Jason character:  Jason is Anna Faustin's boyfriend/pimp who Niko kills in "No Love Lost".  Jason being alive in the new trailer proves TLAD begins before Niko arrives in Liberty City.  When Niko kills Jason the bridges are closed because of a terrorism threat.  That means Jason and his Lost brothers must have gotten over to Broker/Dukes/Bohan before the Niko storyline started.  TLAD's story either concludes entirely before Niko's arrival (a prequel just like past Stories games), or bridges become closed during TLAD after Jason gets across.  It could also be that west-to-east traffic is allowed through the barricades, depending on the nature of the terrorism threat.  Or, Rockstar might not make the bridge closings consistent between the two stories.

OOORRR!!! There is a new mission which is the The other side of the story for "No Love Lost" Which ends in Jason being Killed and Johnny and the rest of the guys running off or something like that

I might be wrong, but Johnny (the main character of the DLC) never dies in GTAIV? He just dissepears from the story after the "Musieum Piece" mission, no?

So i'm not sure what you mean with the whole "Which ends in Jason being Killed and Johnny and the rest of the guys running off or something like that" part.

And R* said the story in TLAD takes place alongside (meaning the same time as) the story of IV (Niko will even make a cameo or two in TLAD), so it doesn't end before Niko arrives in Liberty City.

I don't think I'm confused. Jason is one of the main characters shown in the DLC trailer. Johnny has nothing to do with the mission I discussed. I'd say Johnny and the other main Lost characters are separated from Jason and the random Lost members with Jason before the situation with Niko and Jason unfolds.

jesus incognito

Um, no, some things ARE exclusive, and this exclusivity deal has more money behind it than any other in the history of games. It's a huge amount of money. You can rest assured that Microsoft locked this content up tight.

Oh, so you were in on the deal between R* and Microsoft? You know for sure that the content is xbox exclusive? Yeah, I didn't think so. Maybe the content will be exclusive to 360, maybe it won't. At this time, only the respective companies know. The only thing I can "rest assured" about is that all you're doing is speculating. As has been said before, only time will tell.

Oh, so you were in on the deal between R* and Microsoft? You know for sure that the content is xbox exclusive? Yeah, I didn't think so. Maybe the content will be exclusive to 360, maybe it won't. At this time, only the respective companies know. The only thing I can "rest assured" about is that all you're doing is speculating. As has been said before, only time will tell.

Ehh... not to rain on your parade man, but anyone that read the press release knows for sure that this DLC is exclusive to Xbox. I think the only ones that could change that would be Microsoft, and why would they? I mean I understand that PS3 owners are disappointed... but this was announced almost two years ago, and the Houser's stated in an interview that it would be comparable to a sequel like Vice City... its a big part of why I personally bought a 360 and not a PS3. Everyone that owns a PS3 or 360 made the choice between the two (technically not the people that bought 360 before PS3 was released... but that's not really relevant). Point is you chose a PS3 and I'm sure you had your reasons, live with it or get a 360 if you want the DLC that badly.

Yes, I agree! Niko even specifically states that he did some work for a guy named Johnny in a biker gang when he "first got into town" in another mission I have yet to play but saw on youtube.

Why would you be an angry PS3 user. Sure we dont the DLC but we still have an exclusive GAME coming out way in 2009 why are you all crying lmao.

Nitty Don

do you think the cars I haved saved in my cuurent safe houses will transfer over to the new dlc ? as my Infernus's and comet's would come in very handy !!

W Blue Sky Lives
do you think the cars I haved saved in my cuurent safe houses will transfer over to the new dlc ? as my Infernus's and comet's would come in very handy !!

I'm willing to bet that they will only exist in Niko's story, only because I don't think Johnny will have access to Niko's safe houses. But I figure that there will be ways to get a Comet and an Infernus in this story. I've been looking through the screen shots and have been seeing a lot of variations of bikes that don't exist right now, and if you look closely at the screens of the new safe house, you can see slanted yellow lines on the ground where you can park about 4 or 5 bikes. Maybe there are two different styles of vehicle save spots now?

SPACEMONKEYS!
Why would you be an angry PS3 user. Sure we dont the DLC but we still have an exclusive GAME coming out way in 2009 why are you all crying lmao.

What game? wow.gif

What game? wow.gif

Cry Babies part 3

W Blue Sky Lives

Please, don't let this thread go up in flames. PM exists for a reason. Either post something on topic or ignore it until it dies.

ArcaneKnight

You guys are acting like this is the biggest find ever. Ive known about this building since day 1. Its nothing new.

W Blue Sky Lives
You guys are acting like this is the biggest find ever. Ive known about this building since day 1. Its nothing new.

Technically, you are right, it's nothing new. And that's why I stated in my original post that "some may already know about this". But only since the trailer and the new screen shots have been released have we known that this specific building plays a role in the story. That's why people are interested. A thread like this existing at one point was inevitable.

What game? wow.gif

Cry Babies part 3

It's the untitled PS3 exclusive western project R* is still working on. Expect to hear more on this game in the coming months in 09. Rumors say its a new Red Dead Revolver.

You see everyone who said Sony was lazy and didn't feel like dealing out some money for Rockstar to get DLC to the PS3 are quite wrong. As we all know Rockstar Games had a LONG term business agreement with Sony for exclusivity to there GTA and Midnight Club franchise.The agreement was that all GTA's and Midnight Club's would be would be exclusive to the PS2 during it's launch, and then would branch to other consoles in the following months.But as the next generation of consoles came out this agreement was to be renewed, but Sony took an alternative, they felt they could gain something greater than the just timed exclusivity to GTA and Midnight Club (which is ballsy in my opinion). Unfortunately any greater gain must come with great sacrifice, this sacrafice would be the DLC content Rockstar proposed to both Sony and Microsoft, as Sony declined and went into further talks with Rockstar Games for an exclusive project for PS3 , Microsoft openly agreed to the DLC and paid Rockstar for exclusivity to the 360. So in th end this is what it boils down to

360 gains something they never had and get more sales of GTA for there console due to there extreme advertisement of there exclusive deal. Xbots rejoice sigh.gif

As for Sony, they lose two things they had which was higher sales and timed exclusivity to the GTA and Midnight Club series,but gain a whole exclusive franchise from Rockstar Games. This must be an epic project if Sony is willing gamble everything on it. Sony fandboys be scared sad.gif this can be really good, im talkin GTA good!, or this could be bad im talkin DREAMCAST bad.

Edited by neo92boi

Also we dont know if this is the correct Safe house. The Lost's safehouse could be different in the DLC and they moved into that Safehouse when Niko arrived in LC

W Blue Sky Lives
Also we dont know if this is the correct Safe house. The Lost's safehouse could be different in the DLC and they moved into that Safehouse when Niko arrived in LC

This is true, but I'm pretty confident that this is The Lost's "main" building. Although Johnny may not be able to use it as a safe house, I'm speculating that he will, only because it looks like there is a yellow painted area out front that looks like a bike storage area.

Looks like both motorcycle clubs have their own bar seeing as the one next to The Lost's hangout has their logo on it.

Can someone post the map locations to the Angels of Death hangout and bar?

EDIT* Didn't notice someone already put the map location. My bad...

Edited by CIANIDE
ArcaneKnight
Looks like both motorcycle clubs have their own bar seeing as the one next to The Lost's hangout has their logo on it.

Umm.. Im looking at these screens, and the original, I dont see a bar with the biker gangs logo on it. Where were you looking at to see it?

The building directly to the right of The Lost hangout is a bar with their logo on the front. I havent seen any screens of it, I went and saw it for myself.

Someone claimed the bar next to the Angels of Death hangout was their bar but I dont see any logo on that one.

jesus incognito

Ehh... not to rain on your parade man, but anyone that read the press release knows for sure that this DLC is exclusive to Xbox. I think the only ones that could change that would be Microsoft, and why would they? I mean I understand that PS3 owners are disappointed... but this was announced almost two years ago, and the Houser's stated in an interview that it would be comparable to a sequel like Vice City... its a big part of why I personally bought a 360 and not a PS3. Everyone that owns a PS3 or 360 made the choice between the two (technically not the people that bought 360 before PS3 was released... but that's not really relevant). Point is you chose a PS3 and I'm sure you had your reasons, live with it or get a 360 if you want the DLC that badly.

Not to rain on your parade, but I'm actually a 360 owner. So really, I get the DLC either way. But have you ever hear of a little thing called empathy? I'm not saying one way or another that it is or it isn't exclusive. There's a chance that the "exclusivity deal" is time limited... but maybe not. If you read my response carefully you'd see...

Maybe the content will be exclusive to 360, maybe it won't. At this time, only the respective companies know.
For all we know, part of the "exclusivity deal," if it is just time-limited, could be to keep the PS3 DLC announcement quiet for a certain amount of time. Or they could mean exactly what they say (since when is that ever the case with R*? j/k biggrin.gif ) and it is truly exclusive. Who knows? As I said before ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

Well you're welcome to your opinion, but it makes no sense to me when something has been laid out so clearly. As I said, I'm not a fanboy of either console in anyway, I'm just a GTA fanboy and bought the 360 for the DLC... I think it would be nice if PS3 got it as well, it just seems so incredibly unlikely to me that I think it's kind of ridiculous that a lot of people are sitting around and hoping for it. I see it as being more likely that PS3 could get shared DLC or it's own exclusive later down the line after Exclusive Episode #2 is released.

The building directly to the right of The Lost hangout is a bar with their logo on the front. I havent seen any screens of it, I went and saw it for myself.

Someone claimed the bar next to the Angels of Death hangout was their bar but I dont see any logo on that one.

lol my bad. The bar doesn't have any logo of the Angels Of Death so I just assumed it was their hangout or a Biker hangout.

Again, my bad. xD

PS3 users need to buy a 360. It's only like 250-300 now with an 20GB hard drive.

All of you PS3 users, when you finally play XBOX LIVE, you will see what you were missing. It's the best online experience available.

Plus, you get to play the great exclusives that 360 has. Overall, 360 has had BETTER exclusive games over the PS3.

Gears of War 1 and 2, Dead Rising, etc...

lol my bad. The bar doesn't have any logo of the Angels Of Death so I just assumed it was their hangout or a Biker hangout.

Again, my bad. xD

has anyone ever actually seen Angels of Death around there? I know there is the garage door with their logo on it, but I only ever see Angels of Death in Beechwood City and Boabo. As far as the bar by the garage door I always see North Holland Hustlers up there, not Angels of Death.