2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTA4 - File Modding Ability Patch

aru

After i installed this, GTA would not load up anymore, the screen would just stay black and if i alt-tab i hear the music play then stop as if it was loading but the screen would stay black. I replaced the files with the originals and it still does it. What do i do?

EDIT: NVM i just moved the backup folders from the game directory and it's working now.

Edited by ahmad34

I have the Realistic Handling Mod installed on GTA IV 1.0.1.0 and I want to install R*'s patch 1.0.2.0. But I'm not sure if I must download it because of my mods.. sad.gif

Is this what I'll have to do?

• Download and install R* patch 1.0.2.0
  • Download the Magicpatch for 1.0.2.0 and read in the readme that you'll have to restore the original files. So I restore the .magic files with the original MagicIV 1.0.1.0 program.
  • Then I install MagicIV 1.0.2.0.
Now, do I still have my Realistic Handling Mod installed, or are all handling and car mods now incompatible with 1.0.2.0? Or do I have to reinstall the mod?

This is why I am not sure about installing R* patch 1.0.2.0 wink.gif

Thx, Dvt

Don't worry about that, download it and do your job... and then you have to download the magic for version 1.02. and you just replace the filelist.pak and that's all... the mod will work again...

Uhhh, i just removed filelist.pak, no need for patched filelist, everything works great when you just remove it.

I haven't installed any of the patches..

Do I have to install Version 1.0/1.0.1 before I install Version 1.0.2? Can I go straight to latest patch?

What files your patch for 1.0.2.0 modify?

Because i install 1 release your pathc on 1.0.1.0, i install patch 1.0.2.0 on modifed files. And I must click "Recover"?

HHnErXC.png

Straubinger82

Hello Guys,

I am a real noob in GTA IV modding or editing... I have some memories about GTA-SA but that´s another story.

To be honest, I just want to use a "Cockpit-View-Mod".. so what do I have to do?

I have the vanilla version of GTA IV 1.0.2.0 on my HDD, haven´t messed with it yet.

Do I just need to overwrite the filelist.pak file... and then I can mess around with vehicle.ide, carcols.dat and so on?

Plese give me a shot response.. thanks in advanced.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people. This is a message from Nikzilla in behalf of whom I am posting it;

"I have installed filelist.pak and even tried putting the magic one in main folder but my game keeps freezing in the loading menu. Could you please help I need it really bad."

Please post help if anyone knows

Thank you facedesk.gif

Hey guys!!!

I am trying to make some mods and I have a problem while installing this pak hak or any other (xliveless or blades .asi one)

What happens is the game crashes with the "GTAIV.exe has stoped working because R* made a stupid ass patch" kinda bs exactly halfway through the loading screen. sly.gif

Please help I have people waiting for my mod.

cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

COOKIE SPAM IS AWSOME

EDIT:

Ohoh, gorgounut has done da post! Well I got my gtaforum account working finally turn.gif

So now I copied the modified filelist, and all I want is to use the dashcam, if I wanna play online, I have to put the original files?

...why? patching the 1.0.2.0 version is the easier thing... just replace the filelist.pak with the one in the first page. If you can't do that, you better leave modding...

BECAUSE FILE CHECKS ARE PARTIALLY REMOVED YOU CAN JUST DELETE FILELIST.PAK NO NEED FOR A 'PATCHED' ONE

Straubinger82

Sry!

But I read the whole thread, and I tried all given tipps -> no success.

I have GTAIV 1.0.2.0 and deleted the filelist.pak file... like said in the last post.

And the game won´t f*cking start my savegame.. mainmenu, fine... but then back to desktop.

What am I missing?

Nikkola bellic,Belgrade,Serbia
Sry!

I have GTAIV 1.0.2.0 and deleted the filelist.pak file... like said in the last post.

And the game won´t f*cking start my savegame.. mainmenu, fine... but then back to desktop.

What am I missing?

Yeah I use to have same problem with 1.2 patch :devil

Works just fine here.. and for a lot of people because the gta4 mod installer uses the same technique..

DeathbyMike

Sry!

I have GTAIV 1.0.2.0 and deleted the filelist.pak file...  like said in the last post.

What am I missing?

I have the same problem, the only file I'm modding is handling.txt, and im only tweaking three or four fields.

Game will start, then begin to load, but it just crashes right after the initial loading screens. As soon as i use the original handling.dat, it runs fine.

I've patched to 1.02, but I had the same problem with 1.0

maybe its just my copy of the game :S

EDT: Just reinstalled, fresh install + 1.02 update. Removed filelist.pak, edited 2 fields in handling.dat, same deal.

Launches the game, begins to load the level, then crash right before it gets in.

Freakin lame, I've hardly even played gta4 simply because gta games arent half as fun without some decent speedy cars. sad.gif

Edited by DeathbyMike

• 3 weeks later...
UltimateGTR

I tried to use in v1.0.3.0 and it works! biggrin.gif

It seems is working under the latest patch!

Edited by UltimateGTR

Spider-Vice

You don't need to put that in 1.0.3.0. It's already moddable, it just doesn't let you play MP.

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away

Sry!

I have GTAIV 1.0.2.0 and deleted the filelist.pak file...  like said in the last post.

What am I missing?

I have the same problem, the only file I'm modding is handling.txt, and im only tweaking three or four fields.

Game will start, then begin to load, but it just crashes right after the initial loading screens. As soon as i use the original handling.dat, it runs fine.

I've patched to 1.02, but I had the same problem with 1.0

maybe its just my copy of the game :S

EDT: Just reinstalled, fresh install + 1.02 update. Removed filelist.pak, edited 2 fields in handling.dat, same deal.

Launches the game, begins to load the level, then crash right before it gets in.

Freakin lame, I've hardly even played gta4 simply because gta games arent half as fun without some decent speedy cars. sad.gif

I've not tried deleting filelist.pak, so I can't verify that worx.

I still have 1.0.2 because I havent played this MP. I have simply followed the same guidelines as w/ the original game version & the first patch.

When aru first released his filecheck package last year, I got it & then pretty much decided what files I wanted to edit (handling.dat, weaponinfo.... etc) and made a copy of them, then renamed one of the copies of each file to its respective .magic name. "handling.dat.magic" etc..

I made copies of filelist.pak and filelist.txt and renamed a copy of each to its .magic. I replaced the "original" filelist.pak w/ aru's replacement. I then edited the filename entries in filelist.txt to match the names of all files I changed to read "filename.ext.magic" that is, in filelist.txt it read ...../data/handling.dat but I changed it to ...../data/handling.dat.magic

I did that for all files, including filelist.pak and filelist.txt entry.

That was it, I tested it before I edited any file contents, it ran fine, then I edited files such as handling.dat, weaponinfo.xml (remembering NEVER to edit the contents of .magic files, these are used for validation), then re-ran the game, no problems! So, I think when I patched the game, I simply made a copy of the new filelist.pak that the patch installed, renamed it to reflect .magic again and I think that was it. I can only say this has worked for me and lots of others.

UltimateGTR
You don't need to put that in 1.0.3.0. It's already moddable, it just doesn't let you play MP.

Really? How come after I updated to v1.0.3.0 most of the mods are restored (not for the texture replacement)? After I put the patched filelist.pak file (the original one from v1.0.3.0 is around 13MB), all of the mods enabled!

• 1 month later...
OutOfTimer

C06alt, a mod programmer well-known on gtaforums.com, informed me that Aru's modified filelist.pak is no longer necessary to mod the game. Along with Patch 1.0.3.0 R* removed all the restrictions for modding Single Player. wink.gif

Edited by OutOfTimer

• 1 month later...
decaderider

erm im new mind if i ask something? when i try to download any file from this post i get this thing aru.nd4spdworld.com and its ask me to connect to download tried using my forum acc on it but won't work can anyone help me?

erm im new mind if i ask something? when i try to download any file from this post i get this thing aru.nd4spdworld.com and its ask me to connect to download tried using my forum acc on it but won't work can anyone help me?

You don't need these file anymore with 1.0.4 patch.

decaderider

just wanna ask. if im using 1.0.4 i can just edit the weaponinfo.xml file like that without having the game closing? cause my one is v 1.0.1 and its that version cause i needed godmode hacks for normal mission

just wanna ask. if im using 1.0.4 i can just edit the weaponinfo.xml file like that without having the game closing? cause my one is v 1.0.1 and its that version cause i needed godmode hacks for normal mission

When you modify the files you must close GTA, anyway.

decaderider

k thx hope my godmode will still work after i change to v1.0.4

I've updated it but when i start game it says GTA IV fatal error - Invalid resource detected i deleted all hack files inside and i cant start the game help

Edited by decaderider

I've updated it but when i start game it says GTA IV fatal error - Invalid resource detected i deleted all hack files inside and i cant start the game help

Remove all the old files to enable modding and all old scripts, you only need xliveless (xlive.dll) or alexander asi loader (dsound.dll).

decaderider

Remove all the old files to enable modding and all old scripts, you only need xliveless (xlive.dll) or alexander asi loader (dsound.dll).

erm can u give a list of the old files please i just got my GTAIV a week ago