Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,438 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Rockstar Toronto

Help with Grand theft Auto IV PC

Question

Rockstar Toronto

Hey guys,

We've been reading the forums and understand that several of you are experiencing difficulties with Grand Theft Auto IV PC, and we are committed to doing everything we can to help resolve these troubles. We are working on a number of solutions, outlined below, and over the next few days we will be responding to questions posed on this forum in an effort to get your game up and running as quickly as possible. Please continue to check the list below for updates.

Driver News

We’re pleased to announce that in co-operation with Nvidia a new driver has been released that improves performance and fixes a major issue with 7900 series cards. If you haven’t gotten the driver yet download it here: http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_gtaiv_downloads.html

ATI has now released Catalyst 8.12 download them here: http://game.amd.com. Expect significant performance improvements when using this new driver.

Patch Is On The Way

We are working on making a patch available in the next few days. Since Grand Theft Auto IV is a Games For Windows – Live game the patch must be certified by Microsoft before release. The patch is already at Microsoft and we expect a speedy approval.

The patch contains a variety of fixes including:

-A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.

-Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better fx during replays

-Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice

-Fix for ATI 1900 shadows

-Overall savings to memory

-Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors

-Multiplayer character settings are preserved

-Support for DirectInput controllers. Note: The current hack way of supporting these controllers may not work with the improved functionality. So we recommend you remove the hack before upgrading to the patch.

Issues with power management software have also been fixed (slow speed, double speed issues). Even after the patch comes out setting power management software to maximum performance is recommended. We’ve seen cases where power management software does not detect the game is running and puts the CPU in green mode.

Besides the patch we’ve also improved the way the Social Club handles data this should have greatly reduced or eliminated the Mma10 error. If you are still receiving this error after logging in and out of Social Club we would like to know as much info as you can about it.

Information Needed For Troubleshooting

We want everyone to experience Grand Theft Auto IV on the PC the way it was intended. To that end, we will continue to monitor the forums for any and all issues users are having, and respond whenever possible. We would greatly appreciate it if people with unresolved problems could post some information about their PC configuration in this thread for us. Please include the following information:

-Where exactly in the game you experienced the issue (start screen, while playing the game, etc.)

-What version of the game you have (retail, steam, other online store)

-What is your OS

-Benchmark info or DxDiag is also helpful

Rockstar Games Social Club Application Info

Due to the high volume of new Social Club users, some users may have experienced periods of time where they are unable to log into their Social Club account using the Rockstar Games Social Club application. If you are unable to log in using the Rockstar Games Social Club application, please skip the login process by clicking "Skip Login" or run in offline mode by clicking "Start in Offline Mode". This is meant as a temporary solution to allow users to play GTA IV PC, so please continue to periodically retry your login as we are working hard to promptly address any lapses in service.

A small number of users have reported the Rockstar Games Social Club application encountering a fatal error, preventing them from playing GTA IV PC. One possible solution is to uninstall the .NET Framework (from Add/Remove Programs) and reinstall it by downloading it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en. If you continue to run into fatal errors in the Rockstar Games Social Club application, please contact Rockstar Games support.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work around the clock to resolve these issues. Support updates will continue to be posted at www.rockstargames.com/support as soon as they are available, and we will update this thread with any new information as well. Please send any inquiries about non-support issues to [email protected].

Thanks,

Rockstar Games

UPDATE - Since this thread is already getting so long we are asking everyone to post in this newly setup forum:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showforum=233

This way we can better keep track of issues and have things be better organized.

Edited by Rockstar Toronto

thaCURSEDpie

anybody got any tips for tapping the space fast enough??? smile.gif

yeah, use GlovePIE. Thats a program you can use to make autoclickers and stuff like that. (that's what I use it for. And a panic button smile.gif. 1 mouse click = Alt +F4

Lemme search for you...

Ok, found it. Get glovepie here:

http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie_download

Open it, past this script in it:

if (Key.M) { //Change to different key if you want!Key.Space = 1 // leave this stuff.Key.Space = 0Key.Space = 0Key.Space = 0}

Now safe it somewhere. Then press "Run". Now if you hold the key you chose (M default), the Space key will be pressed FAST.

To stop the program, simply press "stop"

EDIT2:

With this I can get 392 mouseclicks in 10 seconds! tounge.gif

thanx a lot....but anyway how does it work again? you hold key m and then press space. is it?

When the program is activated, you only have to hold the "M" key. The computer will press the spacebar for you smile.gif.

Once you let go of the key, the spacebar won't be pressed anymore.

mags89

yeah, use GlovePIE. Thats a program you can use to make autoclickers and stuff like that. (that's what I use it for. And a panic button smile.gif. 1 mouse click = Alt +F4

Lemme search for you...

if (Key.M) { //Change to different key if you want!Key.Space = 1 // leave this stuff.Key.Space = 0Key.Space = 0Key.Space = 0}

Now safe it somewhere. Then press "Run". Now if you hold the key you chose (M default), the Space key will be pressed FAST.

EDIT2:

thanx a lot....but anyway how does it work again? you hold key m and then press space. is it?

When the program is activated, you only have to hold the "M" key. The computer will press the spacebar for you smile.gif.

Once you let go of the key, the spacebar won't be pressed anymore.

sadly it doesnt work....i've activated the program and hold the m key when it comes to the helicopter part,but it doesnt work ...and i still not able to finish the game...arghh..tension's building...help!

Nooyzy

I am having a problem with the view distance! I recently installed gta iv on my pc and have created a live account etc. When i started my game however the view distance was almost non-existent suicidal.gif and i was wondering if anyone knew anything to help with this problem.

(see link for image of problem)

http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=viewdistanceyv2.jpg

CHEERS GUYS

Girish

Please create a new topic in the troubleshooting forum. Make sure to state your full system specifications and your benchmarking result.

FMayophy

I'm having the problem with the view too

Edited by FMayophy

FMayophy

Panzerschreck89

Lemme search for you...

EDIT2:

GlovePie doesn't work in full screen.... Have you actually tried using glovepie in gta?

kakar

hi

i have pentium d 3.2 ghz with 2mb cache and 4 gb ram

which one of these cards will be best for me for gta 4

6600gt (256mb),7300gt(256mb),9500gt(512mb) or and 512mb card of fx quadro seires

bobmorton

Too bad it doesn't work for me also. What are the other options to solve this? Thanks.

Bob Morton

master number book reader