Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,482 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
gamerzworld

GTAIV Episodic Pack 1 Info

Does this sound good as an episodic content pack?  

521 members have voted

1. 1. Does this sound good as an episodic content pack?

• Yes!
    • No.
    • I have a PS3/PC and don't care.
    • I have a PS3/PC and want the pack!

springsteen_fan

Hey guys, I made a wallpaper, it' s 1280x1024.

Enjoy! cool.gif

user posted image

sam33

I thought GTA IV ended pretty nicely (well if you chose my option) so i don't really mind much about starting a new little "episode" with a different character. Johnny was cool but normally when i play games i do what i'd do. I don't think i could be as utterly ruthless in DLC playing as Johnny as Johnny was portrayed in IV ( i mean i try to avoid hitting pedestrians whenever i can tounge.gif).

AntiPersonnel

i think many of you people here do not understand the concept or scope of this DLC pack.

1. expect to pay in excess of $20-30 or possibly more.

2. expect the content to be nearly the size of a new game (i will guess probably over 3-4 GB size). this is not some regular DLC, this is more of what PC users know as "expansion pack" which many times is just as big as the original game, just recycling some of the original game's data.

3. expect a re-skinned Liberty City. since it is an entirely new protagonist, all the "interactive" parts of LC will either be different or new additional access to previously "closed" buildings will be added. new safehouses, new places to visit etc. might even be a different time of year, thus different weather effects (hopefully in the winter, so we can have some snowfall)

on a side note, i predict these new episodes will show up on PS3 in a couple years as an anthology (NOT as a download). the anthology will include 3 games: GTA4, GTA4:L&D, GTA4:(2nd episode), either on 3 discs or just 1, depending on how much a BD can actually hold, and will come in a boxed set like they did with the previous GTA3 anthology (GTA3, GTA:VC, GTA:SA). but dont expect it anytime in the near future. it will probably show up long after the heat has cooled down.

Edited by AntiPersonnel

Yeoman

I'm more interested in new cars than any tedious spinoff story.

IMO there are other more interesting characters that could be played.

Dillinger8
IMO there are other more interesting characters that could be played.

Name names plz.

e2thejdot
might even be a different time of year, thus different weather effects (hopefully in the winter, so we can have some snowfall)

Think before you start rumors. They said a few things in there that would lead you to believe that the story is going to intersect in some way. Mainly "Niko plays a small part" and things in the main story being further explained. So if Johnny didn't see Niko in the dead of winter the first time, what makes you think it'll be in the middle of a blizzard the second time? Since it'll probably be the same scene re-played.

Dillinger8
might even be a different time of year, thus different weather effects (hopefully in the winter, so we can have some snowfall)

Think before you start rumors. They said a few things in there that would lead you to believe that the story is going to intersect in some way. Mainly "Niko plays a small part" and things in the main story being further explained. So if Johnny didn't see Niko in the dead of winter the first time, what makes you think it'll be in the middle of a blizzard the second time? Since it'll probably be the same scene re-played.

Well after the mission where you save Roman from the Russians in that Bohan warehouse, Roman sends you a text message thanking you. In the message he mentions "I thought I had played my last hand when that biker guy kidnapped me for the Russians". This could be Johnny, or some other biker. But from the way it's worded it just seems as if this could be a mission in the DLC, kidnapping Roman. If so, I'd be very tempted to shoot him in the head. At least once.

GuruAskew

on a side note, i predict these new episodes will show up on PS3 in a couple years as an anthology (NOT as a download). the anthology will include 3 games: GTA4, GTA4:L&D, GTA4:(2nd episode), either on 3 discs or just 1, depending on how much a BD can actually hold, and will come in a boxed set like they did with the previous GTA3 anthology (GTA3, GTA:VC, GTA:SA). but dont expect it anytime in the near future. it will probably show up long after the heat has cooled down.

Microsoft parted with $50 to ensure your prediction doesn't come true.

Seriously, I have to laugh when someone acts like a know-it-all and they're just spectacularly wrong.

AntiPersonnel

"niko plays a small role" does not automatically mean the story intersects in the current LC timeframe. and even if it did, the story could always either flash back or forward where some parts of johnny's episode that has nothing to do with niko could take place in a different season. i wouldnt rule the possibility out, yet at the same time i wouldnt be surprised if there is no difference in weather. it was just a possibility i was throwing out there.

Seriously, I have to laugh when someone acts like a know-it-all and they're just spectacularly wrong.

LOL, i dont think i harbor enough insecurity to post my predictions for the purpose of wanting some kind of false sens of peer-acceptance, like someone who calls themselves a "guru" by screen name would. in other words, i really couldnt care less if it is right or wrong, or what you think. usually if i post a prediction or opinion, it is usually just that... not some means of compensating for an underlying inferiority complex while laughing at those who differ in opinion.

coffeebeans

I don't wanna play as a new character, I want to play as the one that I grew to love all through GTA IV. Not some biker with a generic name. lol.gif

Ph3L1z14n0
I don't wanna play as a new character, I want to play as the one that I grew to love all through GTA IV. Not some biker with a generic name. lol.gif

Think of the possibilities, if exploited and done well, Johnny can be a great character, BUT only if done RIGHT.

Nem_Wan

Think of the possibilities, if exploited and done well, Johnny can be a great character, BUT only if done RIGHT.

Remember Rockstar North is making this. cool.gif There's no reason to think Johnny will disappoint.

ARSENALFC

Definatly can't wait for this, hopefully they will bring out another DLC for Niko though after. I very much doubt they have finished with Niko quite yet. wink.gif

Nem_Wan

Definatly can't wait for this, hopefully they will bring out another DLC for Niko though after. I very much doubt they have finished with Niko quite yet.  wink.gif

If Rockstar is upset about Michael Hollick complaining about money then Niko's future may be limited. If TLAD is set at the same time as GTA IV's story (but from Johnny's perspective) then they may not have needed Hollick to record new dialog. I hope I'm wrong!

Foppezão

I hope they'll make a nice big mall, somewhere in Alderney in the south..i love hanging around in those shops in Vice City..but i guess the city remains the same, still they can make some new interiors..specially in Broker and alderney..and yes more shops you can rob, maybe call other bikers who'll join you in your mayhem[and stay till they're dead!]

And cars, what happepend with the Flash, the club[vw] and the bullet[ford]? excellent cars, Or some sort of a Bugatti Veyron...i even thought i saw some new bikes in the pics, maybe some new bikes with ridiculous big rear tires...i would love to see the flamethrower back in the game, the gaintling gun would be a bit to much in LC, and i missed the stealth kills and missons in IV

Edited by Foppezão

Foppezão

Definatly can't wait for this, hopefully they will bring out another DLC for Niko though after. I very much doubt they have finished with Niko quite yet.  wink.gif

If Rockstar is upset about Michael Hollick complaining about money then Niko's future may be limited. If TLAD is set at the same time as GTA IV's story (but from Johnny's perspective) then they may not have needed Hollick to record new dialog. I hope I'm wrong!

Its absurd Hollick only gets 100G for his work, for tv or radio it would have been ten times that number.But i guess its the union's fault...I think johhny is like the kind of guy i use online, the Bald guy also with the tattoo in his neck: "Why dont you go f*ck yourself with a machete!" ..that charachter is specially funny when women are involved, he verbally rapes them when pressing L1: "Let me sit on your face hon'!"

Edited by Foppezão

GoldenJoel

Its absurd Hollick only gets 100G for his work, for tv or radio it would have been ten times that number.But i guess its the union's fault...I think johhny is like the kind of guy i use online, the Bald guy also with the tattoo in his neck: "Why dont you go f*ck yourself with a machete!" ..that charachter is specially funny when women are involved, he verbally rapes them when pressing L1: "Let me sit on your face hon'!"

He was paid 100 grand for speaking... Now, I think he should STFU.

I mean, he's right about how Voice Actors are getting left out, but he SHOULD NOT be the one complaining about it. They didn't have to pay him at all...

BigBoyTraks

Some of you guys complain way to much. If you don't like it you don't have to purchase the download content, simple as that.

1. All of the details have NOT been released.

2. This is only the 1st episodic content we still have another to be release after this one.

artie

2. This is only the 1st episodic content we still have another to be release after this one.

Who knows how many years that'll be delayed...

Gunde

He was paid 100 grand for speaking...  Now, I think he should STFU.

Yeah cause it's that easy. You're ignorant.

Ph3L1z14n0
Remember Rockstar North is making this. cool.gif There's no reason to think Johnny will disappoint.

Most likely icon14.gif , but i find it too damn hard to top such a great character like Niko, lucky for us, Johnny's got a hook already........he's a frikkin biker biggrin.gif !!!

gamerzworld

Never mind. Already posted.

Edited by gamerzworld

GoldenJoel

It certainly isn't hard...

Tony Mozzarelli 80
Remember Rockstar North is making this.  cool.gif  There's no reason to think Johnny will disappoint.

Most likely icon14.gif , but i find it too damn hard to top such a great character like Niko, lucky for us, Johnny's got a hook already........he's a frikkin biker biggrin.gif !!!

Now that you mention it. That probably means that they will open a new clothes shop where you can buy bikers clothes

Dillinger8

It certainly isn't hard...

He also did the motion capture for like 100+ cutscenes and all of the random movements Niko does. It wasn't just "speaking". This is actual acting. He was also not complain about his pay, his complaint was that there wasn't a union or whatever of voice actors or whatever, if there was maybe he could have gotten a better end payment for such a huge game.

motorforum

The mall in Dukes with the Didier Sachs shop is crying out to be opened by DLC, as is ProLaps in Star Junction.

One idea; Avatars in Multi-Player? Could be a great tie-in to push the functionality and probably wouldn't be too hard to implement.

KOA

<< still pissed it isnt coming out for ps3... im part of an MC and thought for a second about buying xbox just to play ...but dont think that will happen.

Ph3L1z14n0
Remember Rockstar North is making this.   cool.gif   There's no reason to think Johnny will disappoint.

Now that you mention it. That probably means that they will open a new clothes shop where you can buy bikers clothes

Sounds a little crazy biggrin.gif but logical at the same time, i can't imagine Johnny wearing something from Modo or from the Russian shop, if anything it won't be named BIKE-O-RAMA wow.gif

Gta Guy 108

I just hope they decide to make it for the PC.