GTA IV System Requirements

medfreak

Do you meet the requirements?  

4,340 members have voted

1. 1. Do you meet the requirements?

• Yes (Recommended Requirements)
    • Yes (Minimum Requirements)
    • No

I do happen to use older patch (1.0.4.0 if I'm not mistaken; ICEnhancer works best with this one), and it works perfectly fine so far.

74cXSsx.png

Master of San Andreas

Thank you very much. smile.gif

user posted image

"I'm an Agent of chaos and I love it 'cause I'm insane" - Heath Ledger aka The Joker.

Hi,

I've got a strange problem with GTA:EFLC (1.0.7.0).

I have great performance and FPS, but when I install map mods (like GTA:V countryside for example), the memory doesn't load them properly. The map mods only load properly if I teleport directly to them. If I wander around Liberty city (and I assume this means the memory loads other models/textures?) then when I arrive at my map mod- it won't load properly (if at all).

I've got about 15 car mods (rare cars, not ones that appear often), Simple trainer mod v6.4, and the ELS sirens mods installed. Only map installed is GTA:V country side (at the moment) but I have the same issues with Red Dead Desert also...

My PC specs are:

Core i5 3570k (3.4Ghz-3.8Ghz), 8GB RAM (2x4GB @ 1600Mhz), 7970OC 3GB, and it's running from a WD Cavier 2TB drive

My command.txt looks like this-

-norestrictions-nomemrestrict-novblank

What could be causing this?

Edited by mcfee

Are you talking about texture pop-in issues? If so then they are most likely caused from the vehicle pack. Try creating a new .txt file on the game directory, named commandline, then copy/paste the following into it:

-availablevidmem 2.0-percentvidmem "100"-novblank-norestrictions-noprecache

If that didn't work, then I think you'll need to remove the vehicle pack and manually install vehicles.

3lIXKDi.png

Are you talking about texture pop-in issues? If so then they are most likely caused from the vehicle pack. Try creating a new .txt file on the game directory, named commandline, then copy/paste the following into it:

-availablevidmem 2.0-percentvidmem "100"-novblank-norestrictions-noprecache

If that didn't work, then I think you'll need to remove the vehicle pack and manually install vehicles.

I haven't got a vehicle pack, just a bunch of custom installed vehicles. Anyway- the commandline.txt you wrote for me seems to have worked! Thanks smile.gif

Which line in particular was causing it?

With my PC specs, could someone please recommend me an enhancement/EnB? I've tried a couple but they never seem to run that smoothly or have bright night issues...

Again my specs are- Core i5 3570k (3.4Ghz-3.8Ghz), 8GB RAM (2x4GB @ 1600Mhz), 7970OC 3GB. Cheers

This topic has several varied ENB modifications, with Icenhancer being the most popular.

Thanks for that- I've tried soo many (China elvis ENB and many other ENB's, and ICEnhancer) but I keep having the bright white sky issue. Everything goes white if I skip time with the Simple trainer. Is that normal?

• 3 weeks later...
furycutter80

My Specs

Operating System: Windows 8 64 bit OS

RAM: 8 GB RAM

Processor Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.4 GHz

GPU: Intel Integrated Graphics HD 4000

Right now I see X/206 on the graphics section of the settings - is there anyway I can beef this up? I've already got commandline.txt in the directory but I don't know how much availablevidmem I should put down. Additionally even at the lowest settings walls aren't rendering which is worrying - what should I do?

Edited by furycutter80

I'm not sure but specifying a value from 1.5 to 2.0 might help, I guess. You can try using the below commandlines

-norestrictions -nomemrestrict -refreshrate 60 -availablevidmem 2.0 -percentagevidmem 100 -novblank -framelimit 0 -noprecache

Also, do you have any building or any other texture mods?

furycutter80

No mods and it was installed on a brand new notebook (no other games installed on it). The 2.0 helped a little but I still can see through walls. Any other ideas?

Master of San Andreas

At what settings can I run this. I heard that this game is badly optimized so I just wanted to confirm, It's a laptop btw:

Core I5 3210m 2.5ghz

4 GB DDR3 RAM

500 GB Hard Disk

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7650m 1GB

Windows 8 Single Language 64 Bit.

So far I have played only 3 games on this laptop and I can max them all, One game is pretty old nevermind that, But the others are Prototype and FIFA 13. I maxed out FIFA 13 without any lag that is until it crashed due to some problem with Windows 8. I maxed out Prototype with just very little lag but completely playable and that tiny lag was present only when there was a lot of fighting going on, So surely I can run GTA 4 at decent settings? I also would like to know what happens if you play it without the patch. Thanks in advance. smile.gif

user posted image

"I'm an Agent of chaos and I love it 'cause I'm insane" - Heath Ledger aka The Joker.

Depends on the resolution you're using. If 1440x900, then you might just run it at Medium/High or even High settings with a playable framerate. 1920x1080, I'd say Medium settings.
3lIXKDi.png

Master of San Andreas

Well my Resolution is 1366 x 768.

user posted image

Well them it might just run the game at High settings. I wouldn't be surprised if you max it out, Alex [it out]...

Okay that was horrible.

3lIXKDi.png

Master of San Andreas
Well them it might just run the game at High settings. I wouldn't be surprised if you max it out, Alex [it out]...

Okay that was horrible.

My PC is horrible? confused.gif

user posted image

Nah man, I was talking about that joke.

Anyways your laptop might rtun the game better than you expect. Don't be surprised if you max it out at 20FPS.

3lIXKDi.png

Master of San Andreas
Nah man, I was talking about that joke.

Anyways your laptop might rtun the game better than you expect. Don't be surprised if you max it out at 20FPS.

Thanks. smile.gif

Also what happens if you run it without the patch, just curious. tounge.gif

user posted image

You'll get horrible performance. Better to install patch 1.0.4.0 for optimum performance, and 1.0.7.0 only if you want to play online.
3lIXKDi.png

Thought i'd leave my latest benchmark here in-case someone with similar specs wants to know how well it plays out smile.gif

Statistics

Average FPS: 65.68

Duration: 37.23 sec

CPU Usage: 33%

System memory usage: 21%

Video memory usage: 64%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1920 x 1080 (60 Hz)

Texture Quality: High

Shadow Quality: Very High

Reflection Resolution: Very High

Water Quality: Very High

Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x16

Night Shadows: Very High

View Distance: 100

Detail Distance: 100

Hardware

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Service Pack 1

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST

Video Driver version: 314.22

Audio Adapter: Altoparlanti (VIA High Definition Audio)

Intel® Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

• 2 weeks later...
AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Haven't got IV but I just want to know if my laptop would be able to handle it

SYSTEM DETAILS

Samsung Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor: AMD A4-3305M APU Radeon HD Gfx

1.9 Ghz

RAM 4 GB

System type: 64 bit

Free space on HD: 250 gb

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
Can this PC run GTA IV and if it can how well

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/8734..._cat=2000000353

Nah, you're going to need a dedicated GFX card.

@AuSsIeThUnDeR36: What graphics card does it have?

It has 1 GB dedicated AMD Radeon whatever that is. It uses crossfire to enable cpu to go to high performance when gaming. I dunno I'm no tech guru. I have original Far Cry and I can max the settings on that which makes the game look awesome but a steady warm stream of air comes through the vents, i guess that's normal when gaming at high graphic rate.

Prometheus
You may run it on Medium settings at most then - but that depends on the GPU. Use GPU-Z to find out more about it.
3lIXKDi.png

coolboy.rp15

when I run gta iv from LaunchGTAIV.exe a black screen comes and goes backs and a n error cones that "GTA IV has stop working"

plsss help me........ barf8bd.gif