4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Deji

[CONV] Vigilante Justice 0.2

officer717

Ok cool,

Thanks then, I guess I'll wait for the release then.

Thanks again!

ozzy11

I have a Error sad.gif

plis upload this mod plis smile.gif

Run the game and i click start a new game. after a few seconds, turns off on my desktop. moto_whistle.gifmoto_whistle.gifmoto_whistle.gifmoto_whistle.gif

Edited by ozzy11

The-San-Andreas-man

Revive.

This sounds cool, I don't know why it died.

Deji

It hasn't died tounge.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Just taking much longer than expected. I'll be releasing a bug-reduced version of the original BETA.

www.eisa.nl

DEJI!!!

You are doing a amazing job, i especially register to tell u that!

Pls release a good working version, because i have the same problem like ozzy11.

Keep up the good work!

Deji

It occurs to me that no one clicks on the link in my sig saying "Deji's GTA Blog (Modding n stuff)"...

Try visiting, I'll be posting my progress to this mod on my blog in the Vigilante Justice section (to avoid spamming and waiting for other people to post to avoid double posting on this forum). To get to my blog, click the light-blue link in my sig.

But for now I can tell you, that Vigilante Justice is as good as dead...

That's why I'm starting Vigilante Justice v2 tounge2.gif Which will be going under the name "Vigilante Justice" to avoid confusion.

So going by that rule, I've started a new mod called Vigilante Justice, lol. Anyway, the point of it is... My PC is fixed so this mod will be going back on track provided my hard drive doesn't explode making me loose all copies of the thing... Which I'm hoping with great anticipation won't happen... smile.gif

UPDATE: Don't wanna double post.... Someone post please? tounge.gif - Anyway, blog update. I've completed a taxi script.

Edited by Deji

The-San-Andreas-man
UPDATE: Don't wanna double post.... Someone post please? tounge.gif - Anyway, blog update. I've completed a taxi script.

I'll do the honours :3

Deji

Updates/Blog Entry:

* Recruit other cops.

* Lay spike strips to pop tires.

* Open/Close Police HQ Gates.

* Automatic doors (when in cop mode).

* Wear Police Uniform (Switches to cop mode).

* Take weapons from your locker.

* The Tamer.

* Attach/detach Silencer.

* Use lift to get around LSPD.

Mmm... See blog for heaps more info and I'll try and post the screenshots there (about 30 minutes after this post)... Then come back here and comment!

EDIT: Screenshots posted...

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

N'joy. smile.gif

Edited by Deji

www.eisa.nl

Looking forward to it Deji!!!

By the way nice work that Tamer...

The-San-Andreas-man

This by far has to be the coolest mod i've seen. keep it up.

Deji

*Post 100, heh*

Unfortunately I have to take a break from actual work on this mod for a while... Have to attend to family 300 miles away.

I could be away for anything between a week to a few weeks. But I'm still able to take ideas down and plan the code. So it'll be even better when released wink.gif

ozzy11

www.eisa.nl TY

ok id download new version this

Deji

2,743 4,000+ lines of code so far smile.gifdouble the amount since I first posted this... yesterday...

Vigilante Justice now has the additional features such as new cheat codes (replacing old ones) and a slightly different colour theme. The white of the HUD is now a subtle blue smile.gif

I've coded the "Backup on foot" feature which will give you one extra officer to your squad (per call). You can, as always chuck all recruited officers out of your squad later... Same as you would with gang members.

It seems that there have been no errors with the Tamer at all, which I'm pretty suprised by colgate.gif

Police Vehicles have some new features, such as improved lighting effects on all the vehicles... Cop car headlights will also flash while the siren is on.

I'm currently coding the last portions that will allow me to make a release... I'm now actually coding the bits where you can arrest people. I'm doing it as a mission instead of a thread so that means the whole thing should work more smoothly wink.gif

Alot has changed since the first release and hopefully you'll find the mod pretty bug-free.

UPDATE: It's coming very soon smile.gif

UPDATE2: A (longish) blog post describing stuff in the mod will be posted today smile.gif

UPDATE3: http://gtag.gtagaming.com/deji/vigilante-justice/ posted the blog entry.

Edited by Deji

Deji

Sorry to double post for such a great reason... But I have a great reason... Actually, I have 2...

1. I've made 3 updates to the last post with no reply...

2. Probably what you care about more is the fact I have a release smile.gif

Yup, as promised... BETA 1 is out now smile.gif

Download

Download Page (Info)

I also added a short description of the mod. A longer one will come later on in the progress of the mod to give you more of a clue what to expect ph34r.gif

I had to stick the download link on the blog because my internets acting slow... Enjoy, anyway wink.gif

UPDATE:

I've also got this screenshot lying around, so...

user posted image

Edited by Deji

riquenunes

This is awesome dude!

Downloading right now cookie.gifcookie.gif

EDIT: Downloaded and it's not working. suicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

I get only a black screen after the game finishes loading. Yeah.. I have a clean install and cleo installed too.

Edited by H3NR1QU3

Deji

Ahh.. I know the problem. It was a last minute thing I did before releasing. I commented out un-needed code but accidently commented out the wait 0... Managed to fix it, but my videocard has fkd up... I'll upload a fix later wink.gif

Deji

Damn, this internets slow... Can't even see most of the stuff on this page...

Anyway, I've uploaded the fixed version of BETA 1 at the server so you can just download using the same link again wink.gif

I've not been able to test, though... Due to my GFX card probs. But I'll work on buying a new one or something...

Download

Have fun, all smile.gif

(Um... Sorry for doubley posty thingymabob that people care so much about)

Edited by Deji

riquenunes

Thanks, dude icon14.gificon14.gif

Downloading now!

EDIT: Tested it and I liked it very much cookie.gifcookie.gif

But I have some sugestions to make it even better!:

1. Make the supect's cars move slower and when you're near them make them move faster (same speed as now, I mean)

2. Make a menu appear when you're in the elevator sphere to give the options to select the floor (Garage, Inside the police HQ and the roof.)

3. Put a helicopter on the roof of the lspd building (y'know.. there's no point of making the player go there if he can't do nothing in there.)

4. Make the player be able to do drive-bys (just like your 'homies' do when they're in your car)

5. Make the player be able to get in the lockers only his clothes, the weapons make in a different place.forget this one.

6. Make only the pistol, stick, tamer and the pepper spray available for you. (see below \/)

In Vigilante Justice, killing criminals is not a rewarded thing. In fact, it will lower your stats...

This stats thing gave me an idea: Make an counter (or something like that) appear on the screen and when your stats are high enough you'll be able to use better weapons (mp5, m4...), use the helicopter (you can even make a vigilante style mission for it (just like that mission where you gotta kill the guys in the ship and then they explode your helicopter) but instead of arresting the criminals you must kill the criminals (like if they're in level 3)) and make some cop cars pursuiting them too.

8. Make an option to put your weapons back in there.

That's all I can remember for now.

Y'know... these are only sugestions, I'm not saying you must do them...

Ohh.. and BTW: that sphere on the bar didn't work for me.

Edited by H3NR1QU3

Deji

Heh, next version may have most of those features. In fact, the original (but buggy) code used to include those features so they'll be added pretty quickly... Just ensuring everything works okay up to now wink.gif

1) If the car gets far enough away, a new car will spawn. The idea you suggested is pretty good, but I think the current system works well enough. I wanted to make sure it was not too easy since most of the people who are looking for these kind of mods have usually already played San Andreas for quite a while by this point... So they want something a little harder. Don't worry, though. I have difficulty in mind and am planning a system that will ensure easier play for some players smile.gif

2) I had major problems spawning the player in and out of the LSPD because the interior is used by 2 locations (LSPD and a countryside place) and the player would often end up randomly occuring in the countryside instead of in LS. Maybe I'll figure out a fix for this. If so, a menu will be created with an extra option wink.gif

3) Yeah, there will be a few things up there. I'm working on some sort of particular way to put things there, though. And this roof will come in useful in later versions of VJ (Vigilante Justice).

4) I'm experimenting with this... If I allow the player to do drivebys while driving, the animations are wrong and CR ends up aiming from the solid roof... So that's something I'm trying not to let happen. Although, there are probably ways I can allow the player too shoot from the car without use of this method. Never thought about other cops DB-ing, though... Cheers wink.gif - I'll add a function that allows other cops to driveby from your vehicle (they'll probably aim at criminals car tires or something).

5) ---

6) I enabled all of them for BETA purposes (so you can enjoy the fun, lol).

7) The system I've come up with for VJ is called "Badge Rating" and basically is a stat that increases/decreases throughout the game and will unlock MANY things wink.gif The first few milestones of Badge Rating are quite often so at first you'll be unlocking small things quickly once you've started the game... But then your rewards will get bigger and less frequent.

8) I actually forgot to add this feature... You'll be allowed to store/retrieve your "personal" weapons to and from the locker. Thanks for the reminder colgate.gif

Did you press TAB while in the sphere at the bar? Make sure you have at least $5.

I've managed to get a new GFX card now (well, a newer version of the same one I had... GeForce6200, lol) so I'll be working on this again biggrin.gif

UPDATE: Videocard seems to be working at the moment so I'm working on adding some of the things suggested and fixing some other stuff wink.gif

Edited by Deji

Midnight Special

Cool Deji I loved it man! But one thing. When I drop stinger and the suspect's car gets over it, game crashes. Why is this? Also I can't open the police gate.

Deji

You must be in Police Mode and not have the Tamer to open the police gate (due to weird bugs). Don't know why the stinger crashed the game, though... As I made sure that it wouldn't do.

I'll check it out when I get my PC fixed, anyway.

Deji

Sorry for the double-post...

I've managed to get my gfx card working properly (by restricting the videocards memory to half it's capacity), although I'm unsure of how long it will work for. Hopefully this will fix it for good, but you never know with computers, lol... At the moment it feels like trying to use a computer that has no case... Not guarenteed stable.

Anyway, I'm able to work on this mod for now.

I have a few requests from you all, though...

1. Did you like the small colour changes to the HUD (bear in mind that I've fixed the black radio station name bug)?

2. How stable are you finding the mod?

3. Does the spike strip work for you without crashing?

4. What do you feel is missing from the experience?

I'll be reviewing this topic and fixing any bugs I see so try and tell me of any extra you find ASAP if you want them fixed for the next release.

@H3NR1QU3

You must have at least $5 to be given the option for buying a drink. Sorry for not mentioning that.

riquenunes

@H3NR1QU3

You must have at least $5 to be given the option for buying a drink. Sorry for not mentioning that.

Thanks, no problem smile.gif

1. I loved the new colors, they fit to the style of the mod and in the same time is not that weird and colorful (if that's the word...) blue.

2. It's very stable for me, rarely crashes (don't even remember if it crashes at all..)

3. Yes, it does!

4. I mentioned some things before, so I don't think it's necessary to put something here.

And I think this mod has a HUGE potential!

Keep it up! icon14.gif

Deji

Sorry it's been so long. I've finally made a blog post after a month of me being unable to mod.

• I've been getting alot of questions...

There's some more information on the blogpost, but basically I just posted to let you know why I've been inactive and to tell you of the new feature in Vigilante Justice which enables all vehicles to have radio! smile.gif

... I never reply to them...

So now you can listen to your soundtrack whilst chasing bad guys in your LAPD Wheels.

... But if you do have a question about Vigilante Justice that could possibly reveal secrets behind it, email me at:

Anyway, just wanted to spill some beans about stuff in VJ, without giving away too much, you know? I wouldn't want to give away the storyline sly.gif

[email protected] - And I WILL answer and post your question (+ my answer) on the VJ Website!

Have fun!

There are no easter eggs here, go away!

Edited by Deji

Deji

It's BAAACCK!

VJ Website

Click the link to the Vigilante Justice website for more info.

I'll be continuing VJ, so look out for Videos, screenshots and blog updates cool.gif

timy

im sorry but i have to say that

THIS MOD RUIND MY GAME COMPLETELYAND I VE DON AVERITHING RIGHT. F**K this F*****G MOD

TigerTanker
im sorry but i have to say that

THIS MOD RUIND MY GAME COMPLETELYAND I VE DON AVERITHING RIGHT. F**K this F*****G MOD

Dude, the problem must be with your game, since others could run it. Also, you should calm down a bit. Btw, I'm glad this mod is back, can't wait for updates. cookie.gif

Deji

Tell me how and when it broke the game. Are you using SA .exe 1.0? At what time did it break?

What would people think about a difficulty rating?

Easy - Cop - Vigilante

Or... w/e...

Easy - Criminals are easier to kill and will drive with less speed. Missions are easier and most things are made less complex.

Cop - Play the game how it is coded. With criminals at a fair level of toughness and more skilled driving.

Vigilante - Anti-Cheat will be enabled and you will unlock many extra rewards for getting through this difficulty. Everything will be made more difficult.

Should be no problem to implement at this stage.

DJ-Print3

Iv got a few ideas/request for the Mod

yes they moght be teh same as the LCPD First response mod for GAT IV but we dont have it in SA tounge.gif

Arrest a ped (realistic way): hold key(s) red circle (the thing you walk/drive on) appears behind of Ped they put there hand on there head and you put there hand behind there back like your putting cuffs on them

Frisk/Search: Hold key(s) red circle (the thing you walk/drive on) appears infornt of ped you search the ped and a msg come up saying eather Found: Nothing or Found: Drugs or Found: Weapon(s) or found: wanted criminal then you have the right to arrest them

Traffic stop: Hold key(s) red circle (the thing you walk/drive on) appears vehind the car you pull up behind the ped car and get out you talk to the ped and give them a ticket or arrest (some times they will put there foot down and start a police persuit)

Call EMS: Hold Key(s) when near a dead Ped or officer you will call the EMS/Ambulance and they will arrive and treat the injerd ped or officer

Partner: Hold Key(s) and you will get a police partner that will help you on you shift tounge.gif

Police car Road block: Only when in a police persuit Hold Key(s) request a police road black and one will appear ferver up the road

thats all i have but that will make it more of a police expirience and extreamly FUN! anyway good luck smile.gif

Deji

Iv got a few ideas/request for the Mod

yes they moght be teh same as the LCPD First response mod for GAT IV but we dont have it in SA tounge.gif

Arrest a ped (realistic way): hold key(s) red circle (the thing you walk/drive on) appears behind of Ped they put there hand on there head and you put there hand behind there back like your putting cuffs on them

That requires animation modification... And I'm still not sure if Vigilante Justice will use this.

However, due to recent problems, I'm thinking of making it more like a Total Conversion than a main.scm conversion. So far a whole load of things have had to be changed outside of the main.scm, so maybe I'll consider animations too...

Maybe

Frisk/Search: Hold key(s) red circle (the thing you walk/drive on) appears infornt of ped you search the ped and a msg come up saying eather Found: Nothing or Found: Drugs or Found: Weapon(s) or found: wanted criminal then you have the right to arrest them

Maybe

Traffic stop: Hold key(s) red circle (the thing you walk/drive on) appears vehind the car you pull up behind the ped car and get out you talk to the ped and give them a ticket or arrest (some times they will put there foot down and start a police persuit)

So you mean that there will be red sphere's behind certain cars and you can pull those over? Nice idea. I would've done this, but I never thought of using this method. I was simply going to let the player pick any car they want to search, which would've been difficult to implement and would slow down the game quite a bit.

Adding

Implemented

Call EMS: Hold Key(s) when near a dead Ped or officer you will call the EMS/Ambulance and they will arrive and treat the injerd ped or officer

My concerns would be that due to the method that would have to be used for this, it would slow down the game. But I'll still give it a shot and see how it works...

Maybe

Partner: Hold Key(s) and you will get a police partner that will help you on you shift tounge.gif

Implemented

Police car Road block: Only when in a police persuit Hold Key(s) request a police road black and one will appear ferver up the road

Players could make this cause problems, but the biggest problem is that this would make the Vigilante mission VERY easy. This is, however, going to be a feature that can be used in some missions.

(the colours should help the current and "to be implemented" features easier to follow)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by Deji