4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Deji

[CONV] Vigilante Justice 0.2

kevg33
@KevG

Thanks, at the moment I'm trying to fix my game altogether. Seems that most of my programs are fking up recently.

-Suspect wont get in crusier but other vehicles like the fbi rancher he/she would.

:That's bizarre to me... In fact, I usually had problems making them get into a FBI Rancher, but they would get in the cruiser fine...

-Suspect cant make up his/her mind up

(walks on the street like nothin happened,surrenders than fights with their fist,after surrendring walks away but not run away)

:That's quite a weird bug. The script gets lost or something. They're supposed to put their hands up, run away (which is probably what's causing this problem) or shoot at you like mad tounge.gif

-Insted of going on a high speed chase trys to run me of the road,if i hit them at all,cant decide to pull over or start a chase.

(For example sirens go on and he pulls over then runs and pull over again.)

:That's something to do with the original (hardcoded) AI of the peds. If you hit a car they sometimes go crazy and try to get their revenge... If you switch the sirens on the car will always pull over (hardcoded) and when you get out (and the sirens "Aren't active") they continue driving which I may be able to change if I change their pedtype to criminal. Chases have worked perfectly for me when I haven't switched the lights on.

-Game crashs if i call for back up on foot.

(Don't no if iam soppoed to do that.)

:Yea, I forgot to put an IF condition to set you to only on foot colgate.gif

Ok Then ,But things i would try to use are:

-Call for back up (celo mod)

-The sliding down the helicopter rope code it from (swat uses that) some missions like Reuniting The Family

-Making the game savable to the mod (I've heard snd seen of scripts that can be savable)

-Maybe making the mod a celo mod(I dont really know if you can do that yet its optional and i bet its very hard)

stuff i think you can add

-pepper spary skin (.dff,Txd)(I can help you with that)

-combat shotgun to a regular shotgun(my opnion)

-I know you can trvael to other city but it would be nice if you can get the vehicles at other police stations

-a helicoper I dont see does around anywhere

-i know you might be working on a stun gun if you need help with the design iam here

-handcuffs

-flashlight

-police stance

-roadblock(call for backup)

-window tint

Nice missions i was thinking of:

-Stop streetracing in san fiero

-Police work in the beach/ocean

-Murder mission

-Crokked cop missions (revenge,money,drugdealing,etc.) cop drama tounge.gif

-A sniper mission would be cool

-Swat suit skin and do swat + police work like they get involed in a gang war,strom into houses,etc.

p.s found another bug, the suspect literraly has a invisible weapon i cant tell if he has a weapon or not next thing i know he starts shooting at me but i cant see the weapon(might be another bug you might know)

archey

DUDE this looks so sweet, i love that backup feature(if thats what u call it) i wish i could make something like this, ill download it later smile.gif !!

Deji
Ok Then ,But things i would try to use are:

-Call for back up (celo mod)

You mean making the call for backup in CLEO? The thing is, I don't think I can make this mod CLEO. Especially since it's supposed to be a main.scm conversion in the making... So it's better to not confuse people who don't know much about CLEO...

-The sliding down the helicopter rope code it from (swat uses that) some missions like Reuniting The Family

Already working on that smile.gif

-Making the game savable to the mod (I've heard snd seen f scripts that can be savable)

Save anywhere? I was going to put a few SaveGame pickups in, but saving anywhere can be done by actually downloading that CLEO mod. It doesn't require putting in this conversion.

-Maybe making the mod a celo mod(I dont really know if you can do that yet its optional and i bet its very hard)

This mod is a main.scm conversion. I'm trying not to involve the use of CLEO as it would confuse people.

-combat shotgun to a regular shotgun(my opnion)

I'd say Combat shotty was better... More powerful and faster shooting smile.gif. It's more realistic for cops to use that anyway, since a shotgun's what farmers would use tounge.gif The Spas is more of a special forces weapon.

-I know you can trvael to other city but it would be nice if you can get the vehicles at other police stations

I was going to make it so that this mod could involve all PD's... But it's gotten to a point where it'd be hard to involve the other cities. I'll probably put other vehicles there though...

-a helicoper I dont see does around anywhere

Still gotta be put in. As well as the helicopter features.

-i know you might be working on a stun gun if you need help with the design iam here

As I said, I'm trying not to involve too many different types of files to mod. And it's a main.scm conversion. I'm sure there's something already in the game I can use for a stunner.

-handcuffs

Putting cuffs on the suspect is the idea I originally had... Although it'd involve making new animations and some sort of way to make you force the guy into the car... So I think just letting them give up and follow you is easier.

-flashlight

Maybe, but for what?

-police stance

Eh? I don't think the police really have a 'stance' that they perform...

-roadblock(call for backup)

A feature I'm thinking of is the abillity to request for roadblocks. Useful for stopping suspects. Just requires a bit of coding.

-window tint

Eh?

Nice missions i was thinking of:

-Stop streetracing in san fiero

The police dont streetrace... But I was thinking of police training which may involve some driving lessons.

-Police work in the beach/ocean

Like the coastguard? It's a thought... Maybe there could be a mission where you stand on the front of a boat and shoot at some guy biggrin.gif

-Murder mission

Police murder people?

-Crokked cop missions (revenge,money,drugdealing,etc.) cop drama tounge.gif

I think just about every game where you play as a cop has you crooked colgate.gif And this mod will too of course, but maybe with the option to be a good cop.

-A sniper mission would be cool

Already thought of it smile.gif

-Swat suit skin and do swat + police work like they get involed in a gang war,strom into houses,etc.

Maybe.

p.s found another bug, the suspect literraly has a invisible weapon i cant tell if he has a weapon or not next thing i know he starts shooting at me but i cant see the weapon(might be another bug you might know)

Yeah, gonna fix that. It's cause I didn't request the models properly.

BiggusSiddus

Good work!

Crashes for me when i call for backup and some times randomly crashes

Criminals i'm not able to arest,if by chance they get arrested they won't sit in the car.

please fix it.

archey

Nice mod man i tried it out. one thing thought. When i use that teleport thingy that takes you to LSPD, impound or roof it just spawns me outside LSPD and make my map all blue.

Fishie

Awesome mod! Just having trouble arresting suspects, since they never follow me, lol. And what's up with the -5000 when you take down a suspect shooting right at you? :X

Edited by Fishie

null_

Awesome mod! A lot of people will play this, a lot of people always wanted to be cops in a game like GTA.

NerdyNavyCadet

I have registered on GTAforums for the sole purpose of joining this conversation!

Deji, what kevg33 means by "police stance" is...

Well, if anyone takes the time to notice, when you aim a 9mm pistol, you hold it out with one hand with the gun sideways. When cops aim a 9mm pistol, they use both hands and stuff...kind of hard to explain...looks less gangsta... colgate.gif

loczek47

Sorry , but this mod is dead. Look when Deji visited forum last time.

francismori7

Awesome but I was never able to actually arrest someone. tounge.gif

They only try to kill me.

loczek47

IS IT SO f*ckING HARD TO NOTICE THIS MOD IS DEAD ?! ASSHOLE.

ShoddyMink

wtf is ur prob?

francismori7

Calm down lil kid.

One thing also, you automatically crash after dieing. XD

Edited by francismori7

solocord

Crashes when i open it can someone help me fix this i would deeply appreciate it.

Deji

IS IT SO F*CKING HARD TO BE PATIENT!?

Wow, I loose my internet connection for a while and suddenly the mod becomes dead eh? It aint dead till I say it is, in fact it's very much still active. So chill the hell out!! Sorry for making you look like a fool and all but you shouldn't curse other people about things you dont know are true.

Anyway I'll just copy'n'paste a quick description of the updates I wrote up... It won't be too good since I'm in a struggle for internet access and I had to type as quick as possible. But please, just wait for me to return... Because I will, and when I do you'll have more then 5 months of updates!

Okay, now I have more time I'll describe some of the features you can expect come next update!

I have coded the first 6 missions although the link between them seems to not work very well when it gets to the 3rd mission. No need to worry about that though as alot of things have been fixed that might affect it. The stabillity is pretty good too! I manage to make the missions simply without many subs when un-needed and especially due to the fact I now know alot more then I used to, I seem to be able to make things faster and harder!  So you can expect a better game than the first beta provides.

I believe the storyline to be somewhat unique and unlike any other 'crooked cop' storylines I've seen. Alot of inspiration did come from a few more recent films I'd seen. The story manages to keep you playing a hardcore character while also balancing the ease of the game. But only just

This mod will provide probably the first ever double storyline ever on a GTA title! You play as a 'new cop' called Carl Ronson who has a seemingly natural talent at being a cop and defeats all the of the police forces expectations. Carl is invited by a 'rouge' cop named Frank who seems to be a little more of a wannabe then the real thing. At Franks side is a more quiet cop called Dean who, although taking alot of demands that Frank gives, seems to be more daring and professional than Frank. Although Carl tends to stay quiet at first, he eventually shows his true skill and slowly reveals a story that reveals his purpose in the LSPD.

This also may be one of the first ever mods to give the player what all players want... A choice system... But unlike other choice systems made by the lousey company that needs to make a game quickly and cheap, Vigilante Justice is made by me, a real fan of choice systems. And after playing many games, I will hopefully show all the companies how it's done!

With the choice system you get alot of choices on both storylines that will affect things such as a change in the way someone acts around you, the missions you encounter and even the final outcome of the game which is estimated to have 4 total endings which all can be defined by simply the first choice you make or the inobvious choices.

Inobvious choices are something that is featured here too! Instead of a simple menu of choices you can think to choose different routes around which may or may not define the chances of success. The simple choices a cop may face will affect the game deeply in this mod.

Other changes include the addition of external scripts removed in the previous version for testing purposes. The game will now have less of an empty feel and cops will actually take their routines around the station instead of just walking around like they used to! You can play basketball, bet on pool... It's all back. There are still some that are left out though. Such as the drug dealers offering you drugs. I may add that later with a switch that checks if your uniform is on before the dealer offers drugs to you. So now you can do some undercover narcotics work

That's all I can say for now. I typed up something better at home but I can't put it up yet. Hopefully you'll enjoy this when it is released... It's gonna be big!

@ A few question askers tounge2.gif

There is a very good reason for not editing the aiming stance. 1 is that I'm resisting the edit of any other files. It is a main.scm conversion with the exception CLEO is used for coding features and you won't have to change the american.gxt (unlike before). Anyway, I find the fact he uses his gun sideways to be a very good thing considering he's a crooked cop...

The £-5000 has been changed. The idea was to make earning money harder and fines to be given upon accidents caused by the player. This time it's slightly different... You'll earn less for killing them but top priority will be to get the crims off the streets.

You can ask questions, submit ideas and comments but don't expect an immediate answer...

I'm sure I have something else to say, but I can't remember...

Edited by Deji

loczek47

Im sorry that I wasn't patient. I have idea. The more criminal you bust , the better ranking you get. With better ranking you can unlock new weapons , cars and maybe something else.

Deji
Im sorry that I wasn't patient. I have idea. The more criminal you bust , the better ranking you get. With better ranking you can unlock new weapons , cars and maybe something else.

Exactly what I thought. In fact, that system is being added with badge rating. I'm making the target badge rating for [unknown prize] and +15% completion 1000 which is pretty tough considering simple arrests go up in 5's biggrin.gif Hopefully it's not too high though and some higher amounts will come in missions.

Also, I've added 30 pickups so far. But I decided oysters and horseshoes aren't right for the mod. So I used the 'rampage' skulls from the ps2 version of san an.

So, great idea smile.gif

loczek47

Exactly what I thought. In fact, that system is being added with badge rating. I'm making the target badge rating for [unknown prize] and +15% completion 1000 which is pretty tough considering simple arrests go up in 5's biggrin.gif Hopefully it's not too high though and some higher amounts will come in missions.

Also, I've added 30 pickups so far. But I decided oysters and horseshoes aren't right for the mod. So I used the 'rampage' skulls from the ps2 version of san an.

So, great idea smile.gif

Cool ! Also , lol , reminds me good ol' times when playing True Crime : New York City biggrin.gif It has rank system too colgate.gif

gabe555

this mod rocks deji, sounds really sweet.

would be a nice idea to get brives, I mean, with speak animations with robbers, get money from them.

A mission with the SWAT would be nice. just some ideas. smile.gif

[Lsrcr]Rocket

I cant arest ppl i point gun at them for 4-5 sec's they rais hands and put them down and follow me and when i get to my police car they dont enter it someone pls help me

Deji
Rocket' date='Feb 9 2009, 17:11'] I cant arest ppl i point gun at them for 4-5 sec's they rais hands and put them down and follow me and when i get to my police car they dont enter it someone pls help me

Don't worry, better system will come smile.gif

UPDATES:

It's going along well, there are a few hiccups that still occur but I'll fix them when I've finished the rest of the missions.

Cheesbaby

Love it, when is the next release?

gabe555

I cant arrest anybody deji, dunno why, tell me something.. blush.gif

kevg33

Hey deji, just asking this suppose to big like a game mod

i found some place i saw of intrest if you havent herad of it

http://www.moddb.com/games/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/mods

Theres alot of coders there that did game mods

Look up a mod called Grand Theft car

That guy might be able to help you

Deji
Love it, when is the next release?

It'll be a while. I need to fix my PC and work on it a bit more and I will release a spoiler-free BETA biggrin.gif

dsgspike

there other bug. when you start the game right. you can not go to the locker and become a cop or undercover. and the red markers don't work for me. i do have the mod on and what not. but it's a heads up

and btw good job.

i am all so a cop fan. smile.gif

and not sure if any one and add this. but what about jail bars make them move when you have a bad dude and put them in the jail cell. and lock it up ?

officer717

Hey,

I installed this mod. I already had the American version 1.00 of GTA: SA and Cleo 3 installed, but every time I try to launch the game, I see the game screen for about a second and then it crashes. Any help or feedback on this would be great!

Thanks

Deji
Hey,

I installed this mod. I already had the American version 1.00 of GTA: SA and Cleo 3 installed, but every time I try to launch the game, I see the game screen for about a second and then it crashes. Any help or feedback on this would be great!

Thanks

Are you starting a new game? This is a .scm modification so it requires a new game to play.

@dsgspike

Thanks wink.gif

officer717

Yes, I am starting a new game.

Deji
Yes, I am starting a new game.

Probably a problem with the script. It has major stabillity issues that should be fixed in the next release wink.gif

It's been a while since I last informed you all of updates for this and alot of stuff has been going on... I decided to start it all over from scratch, but I will be importing alot of old code that worked well and the missions I've coded so far will be included.

Here's a quick list of the first few missions for yeh... Note that this list is just of some of the things I've managed to make now and the missions may change before the release.

• New Recruit
  • Police Training
  • Frank, Dean and Amanda
  • Joining The Group
  • Police Work
  • Big Bear

I'll post a list of characters, more missions and a description laters when I start to make more progress tounge2.gif

And yeah, the mod aint dead or inactive... It's just been moving slowly for a while and it will get back on it's feet soon wink.gif