2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Deji

[CONV] Vigilante Justice 0.2

loczek47

I instaled Cleo and it worked.

Deji
The game don't even start for me.... confused.gif

Have CLEO installed? Remembered to replace american.gxt?

@lh1

Thanks biggrin.gif

Working on the next version. It will fix any bugs you find and should include more features.

This mod is going to have missions and a few map tweaks, but I am keeping the versions without missions in case you just want to have the features without the missions wink.gif

loczek47
Deji , can you help me ? The mod is awesome but I got problem. When I chase somebody , get him out , point at him with my pistol he shoots to me. So i shoot to him and he drops his weapon. But he is still atacking me with his fists , and there's no way to get him in my car. Any help please ???

Can ya help?

Deji
Deji , can you help me ? The mod is awesome but I got problem. When I chase somebody , get him out , point at him with my pistol he shoots to me. So i shoot to him and he drops his weapon. But he is still atacking me with his fists , and there's no way to get him in my car. Any help please ???

Can ya help?

He's supposed to get angry sometimes smile.gif It's all about being lucky and trying to arrest him at the right time. I may add some sort of alternate arrest where you can put more force into it and you will get a bit less cash.

Just aim at him, stick close and wait for a few seconds to see his reactions. If he starts shooting, you may try running at him and hitting him with your baton to get him down on the ground, then try again wink.gif

It took me a while to get the hang of it myself to be honest, and I made it lol.gif

loczek47

Ok cool thanks. Also I noticed bug. When you pick up baton from locker and pick up pistol then , the baton is gone.

Lucario

Your mod rahkstar2.gif nice mod , hope more features biggrin.gif , but i don't like it .... I LOVE ITTTTTT inlove.gif

Have some hot cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

loczek47

I got another problem with the mod. So I bust somebody , enter to police car but he is just following me , he don't enter it. When I have FBI car and he want's to enter , the game crash.

Rapier

@Deji: Please do not put wait commands in all labels!!!

NONAME_5_328

wait 0 //It is not necessary

if

00E1:  player 0 pressed_key 16

else_jump @NONAME_5_440

08D7: [email protected] = panel [email protected] active_row

if

[email protected] == 0

else_jump @NONAME_5_382

jump @NONAME_5_468

:NONAME_5_382

if

[email protected] == 1

else_jump @NONAME_5_411

jump @NONAME_5_570

:NONAME_5_411

if

[email protected] == 2

else_jump @NONAME_5_328

jump @NONAME_5_672

:NONAME_5_440

if

00E1:  player 0 pressed_key 15

else_jump @NONAME_5_328

jump @NONAME_5_785

:NONAME_5_468

015D: set_gamespeed 1.0

0169: set_fade_color_RGB 0 0 0

fade 0 500

wait 500

Forgive me, but this is horrible...

Deji
@Deji: Please do not put wait commands in all labels!!!

Forgive me, but this is horrible...

Eh? Does it make a difference? I usually put them there because to me it spaces things out a bit and makes them more readable, instead of just multiple lines of code. Is it really neccessary to remove them? And why should I? I don't want to change the way I script just for some guy who decides to go routing through my code.. sneaky2.gif

@loczek47

Howz about reading the readme file? It clearly states that you should get the baton last because of that. It may also help you with other problems.

@Lucario

Thanks biggrin.gif

@loczek47 (2)

That's never occured to me before. Sometimes he will take a while to get in, but if he's taking too long, the game usually teleports the suspect into the car. As for your crash, I'll check into it. But make sure there are no other mods that are likely to mess it up and make sure CLEO is working properly because you seem to be having loads of problems with this... dontgetit.gif

Rapier

Eh? Does it make a difference?

Yes, make a difference. Well, I just wanted to help. The script is yours, do it the way you want...

riquenunes
Have CLEO installed?

Thanks, I installed CLEO and it worked fine smile.gif, very nice btw

Chargr

Maybe you can make the criminals more of a challenge. I don't want to be shooting at some criminals easily, where they never can take me down. I want some resistance.

Zombie.modder

Nice ideas mate! Hope you will finish this!

Deji
Maybe you can make the criminals more of a challenge. I don't want to be shooting at some criminals easily, where they never can take me down. I want some resistance.

Well in the nex version I will be adding more difficult opponents. One will hopefully have a few people in a car with some carrying heavy weapons and the last one will be on foot and will be some sort of murderer with armour and he'll be harder to kill wink.gif

The thing is though, I have to try and make it so that people will detain and arrest suspects instead of killing them. This is why I'm thinking of making the killing value $1000 and the arrest value $5000

I remember how easy it is to gain money in the original San Andreas. That's why I'm going to make some fees and fines for when you take weapons (Thinking of $100/weapon + full ammo) or kill/destroy civillians/civillian cars.

I am planning missions for this mod... But that'll all come when and if I finish the actual activities themself, and fix all bugs with them wink.gif I'm not so expirienced with missions so don't expect too much...

Btw, as I said... You aint really supposed to kill em tounge.gif That's why it takes money off you when you do...

Midnight Special

Deji this i awesome man! Keep up good work smile.gif

Midnight Special

Hey dej..i downloaded and installed..but when i start a new game the script starts me from the police station and then nothing happens..i go into the police station nothing in it..no markers to get clothes etc..NO MARKERS cryani.gif and no sign of the mod features! I really wanted to play suicidal.gif

EDIT:Sorry for double post

Deji
Hey dej..i downloaded and installed..but when i start a new game the script starts me from the police station and then nothing happens..i go into the police station nothing in it..no markers to get clothes etc..NO MARKERS cryani.gif and no sign of the mod features! I really wanted to play suicidal.gif

EDIT:Sorry for double post

Strange... I cant think of how it can spawn you and then do nothing else. Make sure CLEO works properly as it is needed for certain lines I've used and try re-installing the mod. Check the README instructions for anything you might've missed or somethin.

Also, what .exe are you using? Are the 'i' things spawning outside the PD? Are the underground cars spawning? And what happens if you go to the locker and press F12?

Really can't understand why it'd not do anything and not crash...

Midnight Special

Man! Just i spawn outside the PD and nothing else happens.no cars spawn either.

Deji
Man! Just i spawn outside the PD and nothing else happens.no cars spawn either.

Did you decompile/recompile it? And, which .exe are you using?

UPDATE: I have just finished coding a Doughnut shop (Btw, I notice alot of people spell it 'Donut' or 'Dohnut' so I wanted to say this: You are idiots!) where you can go and pig out with the rest of your cop friends. The beauty with this is that unlike in the original game where you just walk up to the counter and eat, I made it so you can order, sit down, have a waiter give you your food and then eat biggrin.gif

See you 'round, like a doughnut Carl!

sad.gif+-->

QUOTE (Carl Getting Dumped sad.gif)
Millie: "See you around, Carl"

Carl: "Do NOT say 'Like a doughnut'"

Anyway... I'm coding up the second event where there is a dangerous murderer to deal with. He (hopefully) spawns with a random weapon and is wearing heavy armour... He will attack you straight away if you are in a marked police vehicle. But if you are in an undercover one, he won't. wink.gif

BETA Will come soon. Then I will code the last things and start work on the missions.

Ryder 556

Nice. Does the killer dude kill random peds to? Also i changed one line in your script for personal use. I changed the spas 12 a normal shotgun. I don't like the spas 12 so much. And back on the terms of crimes. I was playing True crime NYC once and got a call of a terrorist attack on the Lincoln tunnel. To my surprise there were armored goons with a fuel truck there and other cops hiding behind there cars for cover. So i took out my sniper rifle and blew up there truck.

I got bad rep points cause i basically killed some swat officers trying to flank them and killed some hostages. And since you made the waitress bring you doughnuts it's possible to script a hostage stand at a bank right? I mean i know it's possible but i don't know how hard it would be.

Oh and how can i recruit cops to come with me? I tried it but it wont work. Is it not in this beta? Also will you make it so people can get promotions? Like if they got enough good stuff they are promoted to SWAT. And you have to go to terrorist and hostage stuff. Cause that would be awesome.

And i'm not sure if this bug has been reported to you or not but if you try to call for back up on foot the game crashes.

Deji

Nice. Does the killer dude kill random peds to?

Not yet. It's an idea though wink.gif

Also i changed one line in your script for personal use. I changed the spas 12 a normal shotgun. I don't like the spas 12 so much.

Just a lil note that you might wanna be careful recompiling. Sometimes Sanny changes lines of code or their format causing some errors. I'll put the source code up soon.

And since you made the waitress bring you doughnuts it's possible to script a hostage stand at a bank right? I mean i know it's possible but i don't know how hard it would be.

Hostage situations will probably not be as a random crime... But I'm planning on making some sort of computer that you can go to to acess missions/crime files and stop certain crimes... Also should let you play back old missions/crimes smile.gif

Oh and how can i recruit cops to come with me? I tried it but it wont work. Is it not in this beta?

It's not in the current version and I don't know when I can make it work again. My last few attempts made cars start speeding around and getting stuck in random places...

Also will you make it so people can get promotions? Like if they got enough good stuff they are promoted to SWAT. And you have to go to terrorist and hostage stuff. Cause that would be awesome.

Probably not in the normal play... But during missions there may be something like that.

And i'm not sure if this bug has been reported to you or not but if you try to call for back up on foot the game crashes.

Not been reported yet. Nor have I attemted to call for backup on foot as it's not quite supposed to work while on foot. It's supposed to be via the radio fitted into the cop cars... So I'll make sure it isn't activatable while you're on foot as when you press it, it's supposed to work with your current car... Which doesn't exist wow.gif

Taking a bit of a break for today. May continue some stuff tommorrow sleepy.gif

lh1

deji, is there any update?

Deji

deji, is there any update?

Yeah... I've fixed some major (but rare) bugs and nearly finished the 2nd event. At the moment I'm trying to think of the full storyline wink.gif Should be easy work since I've done lot's of Action Scripts for GTASA colgate.gif

No new releases yet though. Not till I finish things and make it as bug free as possible. After the next release comes the (maybe) final release.

lh1

ncie news!

anyway, what's the storyline u want to talk about?

about how CJ become a police?

Deji
ncie news!

anyway, what's the storyline u want to talk about?

about how CJ become a police?

Nah... The story mode is just gonna be from his first day of working as a cop and there's gonna be a load of missions and tasks, then some things happen... And then there are even more missions tounge2.gif Not too thought up on the storyline quite yet. I have a basic idea. And I don't wanna spoil the story smile.gif

TigerTanker

Great mod.

When will you release a non-beta version?

Deji
Great mod.

When will you release a non-beta version?

When it's fully made and all bugs are fixed smile.gif

kevg33

I might be able to help you in some cases Im not much of a coder but i can help you on things you want to do for the vigilate justice mod.

(Numerous bugs I found about it)

-Suspect wont get in crusier but other vehicles like the fbi rancher he/she would and they would follow if they surrendered.

(I have a modded cop cruiser no differance the original samething)

-Suspect cant make up his/her mind up

(walks on the street like nothin happened,surrenders than fights with their fist,after surrendring walks away but not run away)

-Insted of going on a high speed chase trys to run me of the road,if i hit them at all,cant decide to pull over or start a chase.

(For example sirens go on and he pulls over then runs and pull over again.)

-Game crashs if i call for back up on foot.

(Don't no if iam soppoed to do that.)

-Police helicopter not there.

(Maybe your not done with this part yet.)

contact me:

my gtaforums account( tounge.gif )

email:

p.s need your email to attach files you might need

and need the program,site,ect. your using to code with.

Edited by kevg33

kevg33

Project Info

With the 'Vigilante Justice Mod' you are able to go to any Police Station in San Andreas and Equip yourself with cop-like weapons, get the police uniform (Special Clothes) and start your work as a cop.

As well as the abillity to equip from lockers or drawers (In the case of no lockers exsisting) you are able to store and retrieve weapons from the lockers which means you can equip safely without having to loose your old weapons. The mod also auto-stores when you equip, just in case biggrin.gif.

You do not require uniform or cop-like weapons to do police work though... You can be 'Undercover' or 'Crooked' if you really want to. When you have walked into the 'Mission Briefing' marker, you are able to do anything without the police noticing. Anything. Although there is a very cool 'Cash and Fining' system meaning that if you cause damage or kill an innocent civillian, you will be fined for the loss. But also, if you arrest someone or kill a criminal, you recieve money. I reckon this keeps a balance biggrin.gif

You can also expierience fun features like the abillity to go down into the police compound and take vehicles armed with a variety of gadgets and abillities such as Spike Strips. The player will also recieve the abillity to cuff a suspect and actually send them to the jails (Only for a while though...)

At the time of writing I am unsure how I am managing to make some police work. Maybe some system that randomizes, like the current Vigilante missions in San Andreas or Mission-Like threads to create jobs for the player or maybe just let the player arrest/kill anyone and if he's got criminal stats, the player earns cash. It all hangs on what I can code and what I find would give the most fun for the player. Maybe I'll put in all 3? tounge.gif

Additional Features

- Get in a police chopper as a passenger and tell him where to go. Then, while hovering above the target location, slide down a rope to get down to the ground (Help needed :|)

- Complete compatibillity with my other mods. wink.gif

- Call for backup in a car to have police following you to help. (They also get out when you do)

- Recruit cops just like you can with gang members.

- Be involved in big situations like shootouts, chases and maybe the odd robbery. (Help needed)

- Phone for backup in nearly any situation.

If you have any ideas, feel free to suggest! smile.gif

Log

Day 1: Started at 01:22 (Late, I know) and managed to place some simple pickups, started work on making the red markers appear but they aren't showing up so far due to the fact they are needed inside an interior. Is there an opcode to create one in interiors? Created a 'i' pickup outside the station which shows nice colourful text at the bottom. Pretty nice smile.gif

Day 2: Done quite alot... Fixed some bugs, made the Briefing marker show you the equip locker and give a little description of what to do. Made the equip system give you your uniform and weapons according to the TAB + F5-12 buttons. Thinking of making a menu instead though. You can store current weapons with _/- and retrieve them again with +/=

I also added cars in the compound and some more information things and made all cop cars drop stingers. Unfortunately, it won't pop tires even with the area and pop tire commands I used... Yea, big progress today. I work fast tounge.gif Hopefully I can fix the spike strip problem so that it pops tires properly or someone can tell me how to do it smile.gif

Day 3-7: Added the abillity to call for backup. Just Ctrl + C makes a cruiser spawn behind you with 2 lightly armed cops in. Still not fixed the tires thing...

Day 8-9: Added the abillity to recruit cops... But I was unable to make it JUST cops becasue I REALLY suck sad.gif

01 November: Plan to finish a BETA before my birthday... 10 days to go wow.gif

02 - 04 November: Well I started work on the main features and tidied my room tounge.gif I managed to make the collateral damage fine but am thinking of replacing it so that it just gives you a little less money. I fixed a few bugs and made a few tweaks to speed up performance.

05-06 November: Finished the first criminal system. Random cars are selected and the peds inside are the criminals for you to arrest. Fixed a few bugs and... MADE A RELEASE!!

07-14 November: Made the doughnut store tounge.gif Also made the second scenario as a cop where you have to deal with a criminal that shoots at you if you're in a marked police vehicle.

04 November Announcement: You MUST be able to run San Andreas well on minimum-high quality with the draw distance at max to be able to properly play this. There is alot of information stored and retrieved while this mod is in place and it seems that if your draw distance is low, the game can't properly keep track of enemy cars resulting in a crash!

Previews

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Releases

0.1 BETA

Help Needed

Well, I started it a little while ago just thinking "Maybe I could do some simple mod where you can dress as a cop and not get arrested" and now it has turned into some massive project. I'm not sure if it's bigger or smaller than my 'Fun Mod' but it looks tricky and complicated so I may need some help.

I'm just looking for a good coder or two to guide me as I'm not really that expierienced. In fact, I only started learning three weeks ago but I've got alot of common sense and have already made about 5-7 mods...

I might be able to help you in some cases Im not much of a coder but i can help you on things you want to do for the vigilate justice mod.

(Numerous things I found wrong or glitchs about it)

-Suspect wont get in crusier but other vehicles like the fbi rancher he/she would.

(walks on the street like nothin happened,surrenders than fights with their fist,after surrendring walks away but not run away)

-Insted of going on a high speed chase trys to run me of the road,if i hit them at all,cant decide to pull over or start a chase.

-Police helicopter not there.

(Maybe your not done with this part yet.)

contact me:

my gtaforums account( tounge.gif )

email:

p.s need your email to attach files you might need

and need the program,site,ect. your using to code with.

sorry made a mistake double posted

Edited by kevg33

Deji

@KevG

Thanks, at the moment I'm trying to fix my game altogether. Seems that most of my programs are fking up recently.

-Suspect wont get in crusier but other vehicles like the fbi rancher he/she would.

:That's bizarre to me... In fact, I usually had problems making them get into a FBI Rancher, but they would get in the cruiser fine...

:That's quite a weird bug. The script gets lost or something. They're supposed to put their hands up, run away (which is probably what's causing this problem) or shoot at you like mad tounge.gif

:That's something to do with the original (hardcoded) AI of the peds. If you hit a car they sometimes go crazy and try to get their revenge... If you switch the sirens on the car will always pull over (hardcoded) and when you get out (and the sirens "Aren't active") they continue driving which I may be able to change if I change their pedtype to criminal. Chases have worked perfectly for me when I haven't switched the lights on.

:Yea, I forgot to put an IF condition to set you to only on foot colgate.gif