SAn Andreas on Xbox 360

mookistar

Wasn't the Xbox version of the game already playable on 360?

It is already playable via the original xbox game on the 360 console with an update, but this will allow xbox users to download the game via the marketplace. I'm pretty sure there won't be any advantages from buying the game in the store, since other titles like Halo were exactly the same. So there won't be any achievements for the game and it won't show up on your games list when others view it. Xbox is simply just updating a growing library of Xbox titles for their users so they can easily access these games.

I'm curious if there will be some technical improvements in the compatibility layer of this release. San Andreas (disc version) looks a lot worse on the 360 than Vice City and GTA III when the console is digitally connected to an HDTV and set to "optimal" output resolution. SA does not correctly support this setting, rendering non-widescreen and non-upscaled, but the same setting makes VC and III use the full widescreen and HD resolution.

I'm curious if there will be some technical improvements in the compatibility layer of this release. San Andreas (disc version) looks a lot worse on the 360 than Vice City and GTA III when the console is digitally connected to an HDTV and set to "optimal" output resolution. SA does not correctly support this setting, rendering non-widescreen and non-upscaled, but the same setting makes VC and III use the full widescreen and HD resolution.

For me, San Andreas was very smooth on my Xbox 360. But like you said, GTA III and Vice City looked pretty crappy with the HD settings and had framerate issues. Whether or not this version of San Andreas will have the same compatibility issues is a mystery to me. I'm pretty sure it will require you the same update it does if you went out and bought the game, but I could be wrong.

Sweeet, I've been on about getting the Xbox version to play it on my 360. Now I don't have to waste time finding it in a store.

1200 points isn't too bad, for a whole game. I'll probably get it.

in5dJdX.png

Downloaded it, pretty disapointing. It's like turning your 360 into a normal Xbox and putting the SA disk in, I was expecting at least better graphics.

I quite like the controls, the triggers make it feel like IV tounge.gif

in5dJdX.png

Downloaded it, pretty disapointing. It's like turning your 360 into a normal Xbox and putting the SA disk in, I was expecting at least better graphics.

I quite like the controls, the triggers make it feel like IV tounge.gif

The hand brake is in a bad place. That is what disappoints me. Also, would using cheats f*ck up the game since it's not on a disc?

GTA3Freak-2001
I just downloaded it. smile.gif It should be interesting. I wonder if it will have online play?

The question is did the original Xbox version have it? Most of these Xbox Originals are just the original game with only modifications to get it working and playable.

I just downloaded it. smile.gif It should be interesting. I wonder if it will have online play?

The question is did the original Xbox version have it? Most of these Xbox Originals are just the original game with only modifications to get it working and playable.

True. It would of gotten a lot more people to buy it if it did have a MP mode.

Yeah they should really put Acheivments in aswell. Maybe some graphic improvments and new cars etc.

Can you still have Custom Soundtracks in the game?

Oh man, can't even use some of the cheats for it. What button replaced black?

Anyone know how I can sort this? I know LB is white and RB is black, but for some reason any cheat involving the D-pad won't work.

I downloaded it and the best improvement is loading time, MUCH faster from the hard drive than from DVD. I don't see any other differences from the DVD version.

The 360 bumper buttons replace the white and black buttons on the Xbox controller, just takes a little getting used to.