3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Intel graphics+Vista

ayushisrocking

ayushisrocking

hii!!finally found a fix for some people who use Intel graphics cards and Windows vista ..

Letters and numbers fix:

This is the MOST common bug found on Some intel chipsets(mostly,this problem occurs with Intel Mobile 945GM express chipset) and the screen turns to black every 30 seconds or so and returns to the game,it Also delivers poor frame-rates..(My brother has this card on his lappy and i fixed it! colgate.gif )..anywayz the fix:

DOWNLOAD INTEL DRIVERS<CLICK HERE>

NOTE: Direct links DO NOT work, that's why, you'll have to make your way by selecting your graphics chipset respectively

You need to get a Zip file, extract it somewhere on your computer,open the folder... then follow the following instructions[Taken from the readme file]

DO EXACTLY AS WRITTEN OR I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR COMPUTER!

1. Click "Start" then right click on "Computer" button and then choose Manage.

2. Permit the User Account Control to run by selecting

the "continue" button. When the Computer Management window opens select the

"device manager" icon.

(NOTE: IF UPDATING DRIVER GO TO STEP 3B)

3a. Double click "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)". (Go To STEP 4)

3b. Select "Display adapters" then Double click on the graphics controller

shown.

4. Click on "driver" tab and select "Update Driver".

5. Select the following option: "Browse my computer for driver software".

6. Select the following option: "Let me pick from a list of device drivers

on my computer".

7. Click on the "Have Disk..." button and then the "Browse"

button.

8. Enter the directory where you unzipped the file you downloaded,

and then enter the "Graphics" subdirectory. Locate and highlight the

"igdlh.INF" (if 32-bit) or "igdlh64.INF" (if 64-bit).

Click on the "Open" button.

9. Click on the "OK" button. A window listing all of the

available display types should open. Select the display

adapter that your system contains and then click on the

"Next" button.

10. Click on the "Next" button. The operating system will install the driver.

Click on the "Finish" button when done.

11. Click on the "Close" button and then click on the "Yes"

button to reboot. The driver should now be loaded.

Intel graphics downloads (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx)

Use the above if u have any other Graphics drivers...

select ur drivers...Make sure u download a Zip file,then follow the instructions in the Installation readme file..

SUGGESTED BY rdbx1234(INSTALL SERVICE PACK 1)HERE.

Keep your system up-to-date by regularly installing updates and drivers!

Happy Gaming! turn.gif

Edited by ayushisrocking

DO EXACTLY AS WRITTEN OR I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR COMPUTER!

You mean if someone does exactly what you told and it f*cks up their PC, you can be held responsible for it? tounge.gif

Btw, the link that you have posted initially, takes me to a 'Not Found' page. Besides, if I'm not wrong, the steps that you have mentioned are for updating the video driver, right? That's like the first step recommended whenever anyone has a flashing characters problem. Anyways, thanks for explaining it in detail. Someone who's not aware on how to update drivers might find it useful. smile.gif

ayushisrocking

EDITED...

remember the rules written above.. smile.gif

hApPy GaMiNg!

Edited by ayushisrocking

Omfg! Why an Intel chipsets?

They are not more than only unbelievable goddamn bullsh*t!

We, Intel chipsets users are NOT able to run GTA IV!

Get a better gfx card.

Btw, I already play SA with all low details 640x480 plus black roads.

Only f*cking intelcrap suicidal.gif

ayushisrocking

Get a better gfx card.

shut ther f*ck up u noob

i have an Nvidia 8600M GT ,so you should better shut up.u should know that not everybody knows about the best chipset...,.......As for intel; if someone here is gtonna buy an intel card; then get the X4500HD it can nrun full HD etc etc and will most probably run GTA4 with max settings;shader version 4.0;dx10 full support...it owns u NOOB

Get a better gfx card.

shut ther f*ck up u noob

i have an Nvidia 8600M GT ,so you should better shut up.u should know that not everybody knows about the best chipset...,.......As for intel; if someone here is gtonna buy an intel card; then get the X4500HD it can nrun full HD etc etc and will most probably run GTA4 with max settings;shader version 4.0;dx10 full support...it owns u NOOB

Shut ther f*ck up ur n00b!

You didnt said you have a 8600M GT in your post!

So I didnt knew that!

it owns you you f*cking cancer dickhead!

• 2 weeks later...

You mean if someone does exactly what you told and it f*cks up their PC, you can be held responsible for it? tounge.gif

Btw, the link that you have posted initially, takes me to a 'Not Found' page. Besides, if I'm not wrong, the steps that you have mentioned are for updating the video driver, right? That's like the first step recommended whenever anyone has a flashing characters problem. Anyways, thanks for explaining it in detail. Someone who's not aware on how to update drivers might find it useful. smile.gif

Also, make sure that you don't copy 2 links

I know you're not dumb as a moderator but, everyone commits mistakes tounge.gif

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

ayushisrocking

Get a better gfx card.

shut ther f*ck up u noob

Shut ther f*ck up ur n00b!

You didnt said you have a 8600M GT in your post!

So I didnt knew that!

it owns you you f*cking cancer dickhead!

you didn't see my signature,did you?anyways now i have the fastest chipset in the world!!but i'm helping people because intel is a very good company and they have 60% share of the GFX market

Sorry, but this is not an area to debate about which graphic card is better. If you wish, you guys can continue your discussion in the IV requirements topic, just not here.

I'm only keeping this topic open so that a person having problems with an Intel graphic card might find this useful. So, please cut down on the off-topic posts or I'll have to lock this up.

I'm playing SA on my laptop and despite the presence of my Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family,my SA runs smoothly without any lags,with FPS Limit OFF. And although its a laptop,I've found that the graphics effect are quite nice. Though some car and effects mod makes it lag considerably. I've updated the driver by internet recently. Is it advisable to do this one now?

Not sure if it can handle IV unmodded smoothly...

I don't wanna sound like an AMD fanboy but sh*t, even basic AMD boards (cheapest available) come with ATi or nVidia onboard GFX without Intel's troublesome GMA or "Extreme Graphics".

Try a cheap ATi card or NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT to solve all these problems. colgate.gif

ayushisrocking

Please Do not compare video cards here(as said by girishb).

Hope people found this topic useful smile.gif ..

Edited by ayushisrocking

is it possible to get this topic pinned?please girish or any other mod;Pin this.

There is already a cluster of pinned topics which no one bothers to read. Besides, not many people have an Intel on-board graphics card, so I don't see this being that useful to require a pin.

In any case, I have this topic bookmarked. So, if anyone has a similar issue, I can point them in the direction of this topic.

ayushisrocking
is it possible to get this topic pinned?please girish or any other mod;Pin this.

There is already a cluster of pinned topics which no one bothers to read. Besides, not many people have an Intel on-board graphics card, so I don't see this being that useful to require a pin.

In any case, I have this topic bookmarked. So, if anyone has a similar issue, I can point them in the direction of this topic.

Thank you.

ayushisrocking

but i've seen that many people have read this topic.besides,3 or 4 topics were regarding Intel graphics.If possible,pin this.If not, then it's ok! ph34r.gif ...

Thank you.

Not many people bother to read the pinned topics anyways. So, this topic is good where it is at. As I said before, if someone has a similar issue, I'll direct them to this topic.

And please don't double post. Use the EDIT button.

• 1 month later...
ayushisrocking
Not many people bother to read the pinned topics anyways. So, this topic is good where it is at. As I said before, if someone has a similar issue, I'll direct them to this topic.

725 views already tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif

The fix for numbers and crap, is updating to Vista SP1. It worked for me when I tried it. I have a Intel GMA 950/Intel Celeron M 440 1.86ghz/1.5GB of RAM, you don't get much of a FPS difference between XP vs. Vista, and when you're playing GTA SA on Vista and you alt+tab, you can see that Aero is disabled.

ayushisrocking
The fix for numbers and crap, is updating to Vista SP1. It worked for me when I tried it. I have a Intel GMA 950/Intel Celeron M 440 1.86ghz/1.5GB of RAM, you don't get much of a FPS difference between XP vs. Vista, and when you're playing GTA SA on Vista and you alt+tab, you can see that Aero is disabled.

Thank you,your suggestion has been added to the first post,and proper credit has been given.

• 2 months later...
i have vista 64 bit what do i download????? plz give me the link

Are you sure you have an Intel embedded graphic card? Seeing that Vista 64-bit isn't even an option on the OS list on the official Intel site, I doubt if the OS is supported. I could be wrong though.

ayushisrocking

If you own an Intel GMA 950, and windows Vista 64 Bit then please download the .zip file from here:

Click here!

(For All Editions of Vista x64)

Ayush, that link does not work. Even the one on the first page does not work. When it is clicked, it gets converted to "http://downloadcenter.intel.com/notfound.aspx" and it says 'An error has occurred'.

Can you provide an indirect link (i.e. don't link directly to the zip file)? I tried searching for the drivers but there is no Vista 64-bit option in the drop down menu where it asks me to select an OS.

Edit: Is it this one?

Edited by girishb

ayushisrocking
Ayush, that link does not work. Even the one on the first page does not work. When it is clicked, it gets converted to "http://downloadcenter.intel.com/notfound.aspx" and it says 'An error has occurred'.

Can you provide an indirect link (i.e. don't link directly to the zip file)? I tried searching for the drivers but there is no Vista 64-bit option in the drop down menu where it asks me to select an OS.

Edit: Is it this one?

Are you sure you tried the link(s) on the first page(first post)? I edited the links since i encountered the same problem which you faced.... however I edited the posts soon after I saw the error. Try these

Click here if you own Intel 945GM(GMA950) on Windows Vista 32 bit(All Editions)

Click here if you have Intel 945GM(GMA950) on Windows Vista 64 Bit(All editions)

I have posted the links above in the first page too.

The link you posted is not at all related to the chipset we're discussing here... it supports 945GZ, etc etc chipsets...

945GZ is not similar to 945GM, and it's a desktop Chipset i suppose... May i know why you posted that link? dontgetit.gif

Well, those 2 links you provided now worked. Earlier, I assume you were directly linking to the download link and hence, it didn't work.

And I posted that link asking you whether it was the same driver that you had linked to. I was not sure.

• 4 months later...
does it make iv run on intel gma 945gm

I don't think so. This is only for people having graphical issues with their San Andreas game.

For all IV PC related stuff, please visit this forum.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an 82945G Express Family Chipset and get the flashy letter bug. The links you posted no longer work and when I try to use the latest driver, it says it can't update it because the driver version I have is custom made or something like that. Any help?