3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Build Up Your Gang

BUYG: Build Up Your Gang

iamanevilbastard

Alright then, is Aztecas based in Willowfield Tattoo Parlor OK?

marlord911

i'm still Active, just been busy these few days. Although i will try to get a story for Groves done, soon.

Build Up Your Gang

"We interrupt this broadcast for a urgent news broadcast..."

The television screen flickered violently for a moment before greeting the audience with a balding middle-aged man in a grey suit. Staring directly at the camera before him, the anchorman ruffled the pages in front of him and laid them down neatly on his desk.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen," he began, his voice was deadpan, almost expressionless as he read off the autocue, "We have the latest news on the mass rioting that has gripped the country. It appears the riots have become violent, with the current death-toll reaching over one-hundred. Eye witness reports claim that members of the recently deceased are coming back and attacking eachother en mass."

"The Home Office has advised citizens to stay in their homes, barricade their doors and not to approach anyone acting strangely or bizarre. I repeat, stay in your homes, barricade the doors and avoid anyone acting oddly. These people are dangerous, I repeat, dangerous."

"We will keep you up-to-date on all the latest news regarding the riots, from Channel 13 News; I'm Tony Romero. Good night, and stay safe."

Welcome to The Build Up Your Gang Halloween Event. A recent epidemic has spread across the country, the outbreak - thought to be caused by the dubious Zombotech Research Corporation in San Fierro - causes the infected person to fall violently ill and die before bringing them back to life. Once reincarnated the walking cadavers have only one desire: to eat members of the living.

The country is in a state of anarchy as no visible authority figures seem to be present during the outbreak. The President has fled the country, leaving the people without a leader or any hope of survival. Mob rule has been instated, with people too scared to leave their home through fear of undead or crooked criminals who look to capitalize on the outbreak offering such services as arms dealing, protection and zombie removal.

Rules Of The BUYG Halloween Event:

• Members are not required to include the zombie outbreak in their stories. Any participation is solely down to the writer.
  • Please state whether your story does deal with the zombie outbreak by colouring the chapter title red.
  • Any story posted on Halloween itself, regarding the zombie outbreak, will recieve double the money once rated.
  • After the event is finished, everything will return to normal. Anything that happens within the zombie outbreak will be wiped clean; though money, weapons, drugs, items or assets gained during the event will be carried over.
  • With the absence of The Police, the BUYG Staff will take up the role of the Zombotech Eradication Team. They will deal with any business the Police formally took care of, including; confiscations, raids etc. The Zombotech Eradication Team will also be patrolling the major cities, killing off zombies and humans alike. You may use them as enemies in your story, ontop of the zombies.

Your's sincerly,

The BUYG Staff

WelcomeToLibertyCity

Chapter VI Capture the Van

I drove away from the alley into Liberty City’s darkness and head to the Portland docks to snatch this blue van for the creepy character I met a little while ago. The cold wind rushed through my window into my face as I passed through Red Lights District. I gazed upon the navy night sky, silhouetted with bright stars and thought about what Mitch would be thinking. I turned my head back to the road. I didn’t want sadness in my head trying to steal a van.

A while later I arrived at my destination, the docks. It was practically deserted. There appeared to be no sign of anyone there until I caught a glimpse in my left eye. I peered over to discover a group of men loading the old blue van from the picture I was given with mysterious wooden crates. I slowly drew my MP5 from my suits right pocket ad loaded it as quiet as I could. I crept up behind the men, making sure I was hidden behind some cover and pulled my guns trigger. The men spun around to face me but got a gut full of lead when they did. They fell to the ground in a pulled of thick crimson blood as I inspected the van. The back was loaded with tons of crates, probably what my employer wants. I closed the vans doors and grabbed my cell phone off the floor of my car. I called the mysterious man who wanted this van. “Hello?” the creepy voice answered sending goose bumps in a flare up my neck.

“Um, hello. It’s Johnny.” I answered stupidly.

“Nice to speak with you, Do you have the van?” He asked demandingly.

“Yes I do, where should I put it?” I asked anxiously.

“That alley we met in. It has a storage facility. Park it inside there.” He replied. I hung up the phone and stuffed it back in my pocket. I sped off in the van towards the alley, but was interrupted before even exiting the docks.

A few cars parked in a line blocked my path. Some men stepped out of the vehicles, who I immediately recognized as the Triads. “You have our van!” shouted one of the Triads as he viciously shook his fist in the air.

“Yeah and what the f*ck about it?” I snapped back in rage.

“We don’t take kindly to Leones messing with our goods.” The man explained angrily as his pulled a gun out of his pocket and fired a shot into my wind shield, barely missing my ear. I tore my MP5 out of my pocket and returned fire as I forced my vehicle through the Triad’s road block. The opposing gang members hopped back in their cars and cashed after me. Bullets soared past my van. I leaned out my left window and returned fire into the Triad’s cars. I hit the tire of one of the cars and it spun madly in circles before slamming in a pole and launching the Triads through the windows as if the were cannon balls.

My van sped up the highway and veered around corners as the pesky Triads kept close on my tail. I rummaged through my weapons. I had to find something that would quickly wipe out these Triads before they killed me. I found the answer. A few satchel charges laid in front of me. With a smirk, I snatched one and tossed it onto the wind shield of the nearest Triad. Puzzled and frightened, the Triads eagerly tried to bail out of the car. Too late. With the press of a switch I ignited an explosion, blowing the Triad’s and their car into a pile of scrap metal and road kill on the side of the pavement. There was one more Triad car left to destroy as I quickly approached my destination. I heaved another charge out my window and hit the Triads back wheel, spinning their car into the side of the road and smashing head first into a building placed on the side of the road. As the Triads fought for control of the car not noticing the charge stuck to them, I flicked the switch and watched the Triads explode in a fire ball of horror. They were gone and in perfect timing as I sped into the alley with my employer’s storage. I neatly parked the van inside and exited the storage.

As it’s door slowly close shut, I called my employer. “Your van is in the storage. When do I get more info on my friend’s killer?” I asked.

“Soon my friend, I’ll work on getting you that as soon as I can.” he answered dismaying, sending chills up my spine. I hung up my phone and signaled a taxi to the side of the road. As I headed back to Salvatore’s I relaxed. I was glad that I had not perished in the high speed chase with the Triads, but at the same time I worried that I may have started problems with the Triads and Leones yet again.

Edited by WelcomeToLibertyCity

$$Smith

There are 2 things I would like to say. I've decided not to join at Glen Park because another guy is thrying to join there, so I will be joining at the Idlewood Crackhouse. I didn't join at the crackhouse because somebody was already joined there.

I would also like to make weapons suggestion. The Glock-9 from GTA4 and LCS, and the M-9 Beretta from VCS. I hope that you respond constructively, thank you.

Edited by $$Smith

DogOfHavoc

I really like the Halloween idea. Expect a story from me.

$$Smith

How do I join the staff? I would like to join, just as long as I meet the requirements.

Omnia sunt Communia
How do I join the staff? I would like to join, just as long as I meet the requirements.

Don't fancy your chances, Staff Members are chosen.

mark-2007

Yeah, sorry, Jacky Fiend's right. We're not really in need of any staff members either since we have four or five, and that's enough. But, if there ever is an opening, we look for BUYG regulars who act responsibly and maturely not only in this topic, but across the GTAforums. We also prefer members who are good writers themselves, which I'm not sure if you are or not, since I haven't read a story of yours yet.

Loving Jacky Fiend's Hallowe'en idea. I hope to get a story submitted for it.

puffinslaughter

I talked to Mark about this topic, and I'll give it a shot. I'd like to join the Sindacco Family at The High Roller.

iamanevilbastard
There are 2 things I would like to say. I've decided not to join at Glen Park because another guy is thrying to join there, so I will be joining at the Idlewood Crackhouse. I didn't join at the crackhouse because somebody was already joined there.

I would also like to make weapons suggestion. The Glock-9 from GTA4 and LCS, and the M-9 Beretta from VCS. I hope that you respond constructively, thank you.

Don't worry about moving location if you don't want to. I skimmed over most of the posts on the page, so i didn't see yours, sorry. Good idea about the guns, adds a bit of variety.

Lochie_old

Few new members, welcome guys.

I'm assuming you've come from the Gamefaqs BUYG, a few things to note;

1) We are a tad more stern, but this is why everything is so organized, as if we weren't it'd be total hell updating the tables.

2) Script form won't get you far here, we encourage proper use of grammar and mastering the English language to the max. (This sounds really nerdy, we aren't grammar nazi's, just read through a few stories and you'll understand how to go about writing a story)

3) Theres a IV BUYG if you guys are interested in that.

4) We appreciate all suggestions

5) Thanks for joining and have fun.

@$$: We implemented new weapons a few months ago, I think we've got most of the guns down pat. I think the Glock-9 might make its way onto the list, but the M-9 probably won't. This is because we use to have a ridiculous amount of the guns that barely no one used.

Keep up the suggestions but, lol.gif

~Phusion

puffinslaughter

I hate to be rude, but you guys forgot to add me. In case you guys forgot, I joined the Sindacco Family at the High Roller.

Omnia sunt Communia
I hate to be rude, but you guys forgot to add me. In case you guys forgot, I joined the Sindacco Family at the High Roller.

Have you noticed anyone else being added yet? Be patient.

$$Smith

When will the Glock be added yo? =(

puffinslaughter

Is it okay if I post my stories now? I know I'm not officially on the list, but I think we know what gang I've joined. Before I begin, I'd like to mention that my Halloween stories are in an entirely different canon from my main Sindacco stories.

$$Smith

I wich I new how to start a topic. If so, I would like to do BUYG with real gangs. Until then, I will write for the Ballas.

DogOfHavoc

I wich I new how to start a topic. If so, I would like to do BUYG with real gangs. Until then, I will write for the Ballas.

What does that even mean? You mean like Bloods/Crips/88's/Hell's Angels/MS13's? You do realize this is a GTA forum not a real gang forum? Furthermore, tt would be lame to join these forums and then 3 days later steal the idea of a popular thread that has been here for ages.

Edited by DogOfHavoc

puffinslaughter

Odd, I made a similar suggestion to Mark in a PM.

DogOfHavoc

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but bear with me I've been gone a while. When were all of my weapons and money removed?

mark-2007
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but bear with me I've been gone a while. When were all of my weapons and money removed?

The non-GTA series weapons were withdrawn from being sold and refunded. You must have posted your last story and ended on $119, because if we were to clear it, we would have left it at $100 rather than $119. Confiscations also take money from people, so maybe you were hit by that once or twice.

DogOfHavoc

I had over $2000 and some cocaine when the last BUYG thread was ended. I can't figure out where the money went.

Build Up Your Gang

$$Smith added Idlewood Crackhouse.

Mark: $48. I really enjoyed that, nice work. icon14.gif Crack House + Asset bought, -$2000. From now on, you will gain $80 each Sunday.

iamanevilbastard added to VLA: Tattoo Parlor.

Welcome: $35. You've improved a lot, but I feel like you're overdoing the descriptions a little bit, especially when you're using them over and over again in close proximity. Observe:

“Um, hello. It’s Johnny.” I answered stupidly.

“Nice to speak with you, Do you have the van?” He asked demandingly.

“Yes I do, where should I put it?” I asked anxiously.

It sounds awkward once the second "ly" is read, let alone the third. In this case, a simple switch to "I anxiously asked" would have made it better.

puffinslaughter: Joined, Sindacco's @ High Roller.

***WEAPONS WILL STAY THE SAME. THERE ARE ALREADY VAST AMOUNT OF ALTERNATIVES IN EACH CATEGORY***

Also, the rackets/businesses prices have been tweaked a bit (see top of page 4).

-radicell.

puffinslaughter

Here's my first story, it's a Halloween story. It isn't much, but it'll do for now. Remember, since the zombie stories are in different canon, I will use different protagonists, but some of the Sindacco Family members may appear in later stories. There are some misspellings, but they are intentional to reflect the accent of certain characters. For example, a Sindacco soldier says "Forget about it" but it sounds like "Fugheddaboutit!" and as such, is written that way.

I would also like to buy a katana for the Sindacco Family, it does seem out of place for a mafia family, but I want to use it for my Halloween stories.

[email protected]$$Smith, I think the Colt .45 is fine, since it is the handgun in all of them except LCS and VCS. Either way, the staff said that all weapons will stay the same. And I think it does have to be a Colt .45, maybe not a 1911, (if you want, it could be a .45 revolver like the cowboys used), but since the .45 1911 is in almost all the GTA games and is one of the most common handguns to ever exist, it makes sense to have it here.

SINDACCO FAMILY

THE BOOK OF NIGHTMARES CHAPTER I

My name is Julia, and this is my story. I was a simple college student, but all that changed.....

The day was November 22nd, 2008. The place was Las Venturas. A cold wind blew over the city and even the desert was somewhat cooled down. I was relaxing at my house, enjoying some television. But I got a visitor, my teenage brother Wolfgang. I opened the door.

"Wolfie! So glad to see you! It's been three months now, so come on in and have a seat."

My brother was a tall man, about six foot even, and he was lanky. He had black hair and deep blue eyes, and a child-like face, wearing a white fishing hat, a gray hoodie, gray sweatpants, and a royal blue t-shirt. I guided him to the couch.

"Would you like anything?"

Wolfie said "Yeah, could you get me some soda? Diet Cola, please. I'm so tired after six hours of driving from Los Santos Airport to Las Venturas. I would've gotten the flight there, but the flights to Las Venturas at Francis International were booked. Los Santos was the closest flight."

I happily obliged and went to the plain, white-tile kitchen for the sodas, which were in the fridge. As I opened the door, I heard Wolfie yell "SIS! COME QUICK! YOU MUST SEE THIS!"

Quickly grabbing the soda, I ran for the living room and sat on the couch. There was the news anchor, with a shocked and scared look on his face. His face was pale and his eyes empty, as if he had seen a ghost.

The man gulped and spoke....

"We interrupt today's regular program to give you an urgent news bulletin. An incident has happened in San Fierro. A viral spill at Zombotech Labs has resulted in a dangerous outbreak of disease. The victims die within two hours, only to return about ten to twenty minutes later as a walking corpse. These zombie-like creatures feed off of human flesh and are highly dangerous. The virus is transmitted through bites and scratches. It is neither waterborne nor airborne. Get to a shelter. All police stations, firehouses, and hospitals will serve as shelters. Los Santos and Las Venturas are untouched as of right now, but San Fierro and the surrounding areas of Tierra Robada, Red County, and Flint County are completely overtaken. Police and military forces are making temporary barricades around Los Santos. The entire state of San Andreas is being placed under quarantine. Almost all flights to and from San Andreas have been canceled. A few flights from Liberty City to Los Santos have made it through, but they will not fly back. Get to a shelter or barricade your homes! This is very urgent! More coverage will come after further development."

Wolfie turned slowly to me and said "So that's why the Las Venturas flights weren't available. They weren't booked, they were canceled! We have to get to a shelter! Do you have a car, mine's low on gas and the hospital is on the other side of town, along with the police station!", even though Wolfie hadn't been to Venturas in months, he'd familiarized himself with the geography of the city. We had to barricade.

Five hours later, sunset

Wolfie and I had boarded up the windows and doors. I grabbed my bat and readied myself for combat. Suddenly, there was a cacophonous scratching on the walls, followed by piercing screams and mournful moans. Wolfie grabbed a broom. Then, a loud pounding came from the door. And the door fell. About five or six rotting corpses came for us. We swung at them, managing to stun them and keep our distance, but rarely ever killing them. Wolfie found it easier to grab a beer bottle of mine and shatter it across the rotting, maggoty face of a zombie and use it as a glass knife. I kept beating the undead with my bat. We ran out, only to find about ten to twelve zombies. All of them with rotted faces showing no expression, their mouths slobbering and gaping, waiting to close in on a piece of our flesh. But a white station wagon appeared. Two men in black jogging suits, sunglasses, and silver chains rolled out of the car and began shooting the zombies with .45's. One of them shouted "You'se guys betta get ya asses in here if you wanna live!"

We ran for the car and got in. The men drove off. I noticed that as zombies were overtaking Prickle Pine, the roads were empty and deserted.

The driver said "Listen, we're looking for survivors to take over to the High Roller. We're making a shelter over there. There's food, water, lodging, and armed guards. You'll be okay. Name's Vinnie, and my friend over here is Billy Two-Shoes."

We pulled over into the Venturas Strip, where it seemed semi-normal, apart from police barricades being set up. Vinnie and Billy guided us into the High Roller. It wasn't the grand casino any more. Everything was askew. Gaming machines and tables were used as barricades, and cots were everywhere. There were dozens of people, tired and scared.

Vinnie guided Wolfie and I over to a pair of cots. He said "You'se guys oughta relax and just fugheddaboutit!"

Wolfie decided to lay down and sleep. I sat down on my cot, paralyzed with fear.

Edited by puffinslaughter

$$Smith

I think you should change it from the Colt-45, into the handgun. The Colt-45 is a pretty specific gun, but the handgun is not. The Handgun could include a Glock-9, an M-9 Beretta, a 1911 Colt-45, a Walther P-38, an S/W 40.cal HighPower and plenty of other pistols. I really would hate to be rude, but I think it would make more sense.

EDIT:If I buy the Colt-45, does it have to be that gun in my stories, or can it be any other handgun?

Edited by $$Smith

Flesh-n-Bone
Sorry BUYGers, but I have to say that I am dropping out. Good luck. And this one's official.

iamanevilbastard

In this story, I’d like to purchase a hunting rifle.

Varios Las Aztecas Story 1: Infection

My name is Juan. I came to Los Santos from Puerto Rico twelve years ago, at the age of eight after my parents died. I was adopted by Angelo, the old man who owns the Tattoo parlour in the suburb of Willowfield. When I was adopted, I joined the Varios Las Aztecas Hispanic street gang.

It was a chilling moment when the channel 23 newsreader told the public that the riot in Willowfield and El Corona was something more sinister. “Ladies and gentlemen, this is probably the worst event in the history of the Hispanic suburbs of Los Santos,” the blonde haired, obviously distressed woman said shakily. “The San Andreas State Government has informed us that the riot was caused by the use of an experimental rage inhibitor which was tested on a teenage boy. The infected have no desire other than to kill and eat the living and can only be killed by the destruction of their brains or by being decapitated.” As the newsreader said this, I received a call on my new mobile phone. “Juan, it’s me,” came the frightened voice of my girlfriend Maria. “A group of the… things have crowded around my house!”

My heart sank. “I’ll be right there!” I yelled into the phone as I grabbed by baseball bat. I sprinted out the house as Angelo shouted, “There’s a rifle and ammo behind the parlour! Be bloody careful.” I thanked him and grabbed my car keys, being careful of him and my musclebound Hombre Marco, who were constructing a barricade. I picked up the rifle and some ammo and jumped into my orange Broadway.

As I drove to Maria’s place, I thought of how I was going to save her. It was lucky that Angelo had recently purchased M1903 Springfield Hunting Rifle. It was a beauty, a bolt action, 5 round per clip .3006 calibre instrument of death. By now I was at Maria’s house. I parked my car and cocked the rifle. I snuck around the back, avoiding The Infected. As I climbed the side fence, I became aware of a commotion behind me. I had been spotted and the things began to scamper after me. I knew that they would eventually beat down the gate, so I rushed inside and found Maria in the kitchen, shaking and holding a Colt .45. “Oh thank God” she cried.

“We need to get out of here, Maria!” I yelled as I heard a banging and a crashing sound. She swept her black hair out of her eyes and agreed. We bolted for the front door. As we ran to my car, several infected noticed us. “Get to the car and get the engine started,” I ordered as I dropped to one knee and took aim at the closest Infected's head. I gave Maria the car keys and she did as I said. I opened fire, blowing the Infected's head open. I slid the bolt back and popped the next Infected’s melon. A third one tripped over it’s compatriots bodies, making it easier to shoot. I missed its head. Cursing, I slid the bolt back and fired of a second round. This time, I found my target. I ran to the car and got in the passenger seat. “Drive like hell,” I panted. The car surged forward. As we turned a corner and fatally hit an Infected, I told Maria to head for the Willowfield tattoo parlour. I had now reloaded my rifle. We parked out back and ran and scrambled over the barricade.

As we entered, Marco looked at Maria and me and said to us, “Thank God you’re here. We’re besieged by Infected…”

To be continued…

Author’s note: More action will be in the next chapter, I had to leave some room for who the characters were and what-not.

mark-2007

Awww, totally forgot about the Zombie story. Will have one up soon, but won't be able to get double money.

$$Smith

I'll buy the Mac-10 for Da Ballas. $170-$150=$20, right?

EDIT:Ohhhhh yeahhhh, I forgot. On Gamefaqs there actually is a BUYG. It's kinda cool, but yours is better. I wonder who came first, your BUYG or Gamefaq's BUYG?

Either way, I'm going to make a topic for a BUYG with real gangs. Coincidentally, puffinslaughter had the same idea, (what the luck?). I would like some of you guys to join if you can, but I havn't even started on it yet. puffinslaughter is actually welcome to become part of the staff because he had the same idea in a pm to Mark 2007. (You can see the post where he said it on page 9)

Edited by $$Smith

Lochie_old
I'll buy the Mac-10 for Da Ballas. $170-$150=$20, right?

EDIT:Ohhhhh yeahhhh, I forgot. On Gamefaqs there actually is a BUYG. It's kinda cool, but yours is better. I wonder who came first, your BUYG or Gamefaq's BUYG?

Either way, I'm going to make a topic for a BUYG with real gangs. Coincidentally, puffinslaughter had the same idea, (what the luck?). I would like some of you guys to join if you can, but I havn't even started on it yet. puffinslaughter is actually welcome to become part of the staff because he had the same idea in a pm to Mark 2007. (You can see the post where he said it on page 9)

Ours did.

Theres a really long story.